• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Blog updated, today is Toon Link's turn.

Toon Link, AKA the Best Link

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Miror B's theme needs to be in Smash already! It's the beautiful combination of beating someone up while listening to disco

google chrom

Smash Apprentice
I've only started looking at Isaac and I'd actually be pretty interested with how his visuals would be updated and how they would play out in smash bros. Any picture of him that you see besides fan art makes him look just a little awkward.

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
I've only just now noticed that the blog character videos were uploaded in June. It's interesting to know that so much content we haven't seen yet is already there on Nintendo's channel and it's equally interesting that we technically don't know how much the game has changed visually in the last 3 months.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Come on Nintendo, it's been 10 years and you guys still won't give him his Mirror Shield and are leaving him with that old wood shield.

It looks way cooler, matches well with the master sword, and gets to show off those fancy shmancy reflections.
Also helps it's kinda important for beating Ganondorf, king of evil, and all that?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Come on Nintendo, it's been 10 years and you guys still won't give him his Mirror Shield and are leaving him with that old wood shield.

It looks way cooler, matches well with the master sword, and gets to show off those fancy shmancy reflections.
Also helps it's kinda important for beating Ganondorf, king of evil, and all that?
Oh god, Brawl Toon Link looks so weird when he’s angry.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok, so that just leaves the following fighters to be revealed on the blog:
:ultgnw::ultshulk::ultdiddy::ultmetaknight::ultbayonetta::ultdoc::ultpeach::ultpalutena::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultlucario::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultzss::ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultryu::ultpacman::ultolimar::ultmewtwo::ultike::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultyoshi::ultrobin:ultpikachu::ultfox::ultluigi:
lemme know if i'm missing anyone/accidentally listed someone who was revealed

anyway, bets on who will be shown next if a newcomer or two or three doesn't disrupt the usual flow?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
With Toon Link today. That means 29 vets left to get a blog.

Yoshi
Fox
Pikachu
Luigi
Sheik
Zelda
Dr. Mario
Lucina
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Roy
Mr. Game & Watch
Meta Knight
ZSS
Diddy Kong
Lucas
Olimar
Lucario
WFT
Rosalina
Little Mac
Greninja
Palutena
Pac-Man
Robin
Shulk
Ryu
Cloud
Bayonetta

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I think we just want the sweet release of death(the date) more than anything else.

I imagine that whoever gets revealed in the Direct won't be met so much as with a "HOLY ****!" reaction as it will a "****ING FINALLY!"

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366

Or give him some none windwaker options like the Four Sword.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Not nearly as outrageous of a crime as not giving us his Pajamas as a costume.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies

I mean, Young Link's still rocking his Ocarina of Time design rather than his much better Majoras Mask design so it's not too surprising :p

I would pay (reasonable) money if YL got his majoras masks sword and shield. Specifically the Razor sword because that sword was really cool and the fact that it broke in 100 swings was sad and dumb. :(

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At this point, I think we just want the sweet release of death(the date) more than anything else.

I imagine that whoever gets revealed in the Direct won't be met so much as with a "HOLY ****!" reaction as it will a "****ING FINALLY!"
It can be both depending on whom they reveal

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You'll be when you make a thread for another EO character. I'm waiting, Moydow!
Oh, are you challenging me? You'll regret that when you see how terrible it'll be because I suck at making character threads
I wonder if I should go with the Imperial idea from before, or go with the least Smash-suitable class possible and just make a giant ****post of questionable quality and effort. :p
but I'm not doing this now, I need sleep first

Shroob

Sup?
Here's a question I don't think anyone's brought up.

What do you think will happen to the background of the "Fighters" page whenever the next newcomer is revealed?

Back before the 8.8 Direct, it just cycled through groups of characters clumped together, but after 8.8, it focused solely on the new reveals.

The latter design is why I honestly feel like this Direct had a newcomer+2 echoes at least.

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
Okay guys what music do you want to see in Ultimate
I can't believe I missed this one when it was originally posted... I got a ton of music I'd love to listen to while Settling it in Smash.

From Super Mario Odyssey - Ruined Dragon Battle, Fossil Falls, and Break Free (Lead the Way)
From Super Mario 3D World - Shifty Boo Mansion and Sprawling Savannah
From Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - the Main Theme and... I think that's it for that game...

I'll leave it at, this, for now. But there is a lot of music I desperately hope makes it in Smash Ultimate.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've only just now noticed that the blog character videos were uploaded in June. It's interesting to know that so much content we haven't seen yet is already there on Nintendo's channel and it's equally interesting that we technically don't know how much the game has changed visually in the last 3 months.
The blog videos are available on each character page which also link to a playlist with all of them. None of its content we haven't seen just sitting there.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Avocados are green, the first thing Skull Kid turns you into is a Deku Scrub, Deku scrubs in Zelda are usually associated with forests, woods, and grass, grass is green.

Skull Kid is a lock.
But "grass" has five letters. "Mario" also has five letters, as does "Super". "Grass" also has only 3 unique consonants, just like "RPG". Switch around the words a little, and you get "Super Mario RPG".

The first letter of "Grass" is "G".

Super Mario RPG.

G.

Geno confirmed.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
here's a smash related question:

What characters did you like playing in smash 4 that for whatever reason never clicked you want to give another go in ultimate? I.E: A Character you never could really grasp but always wanted to.

I've always liked playing Meta Knight, kirby, Peach, Zamus, falco, Lucario and the heavies but for some reason i just don't know how to play them. They don't click with me whatsoever, but i wanna give them a good shot in ultimate. :)

Although now that i've recently required smash 4 i have magically been able to play Peach kinda but she's still super confusing.

EDIT: Also Lucas!!! He was my main in brawl but i just can't with him in smash 4, i don't know why D:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Blog updated, today is Toon Link's turn.

And with a Memories article, to boot.

A man of culture. The TRUE culture. If Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix can have a remix from Warioworld, SO CAN SMASH.
Maybe if Syrup is ever allowed to grace it first…

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm talking bout Coloseeum AND XD: Gale of Darkness

But if I were to pick one, I'd choose XD in a heartbeat. I mean...

How do you NOT wanna listen to this?
I know everyone talks about the Mirror B theme... But the Orre games had some great tracks overall.

I have my greivances with the Orre titles (well, Colosseum anyway) but the music sure isn't one of them.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord

What characters did you like playing in smash 4 that for whatever reason never clicked you want to give another go in ultimate? I.E: A Character you never could really grasp but always wanted to.

I've always liked playing Meta Knight, kirby, Peach, Zamus, falco, Lucario and the heavies but for some reason i just don't know how to play them. They don't click with me whatsoever, but i wanna give them a good shot in ultimate. :)

Although now that i've recently required smash 4 i have magically been able to play Peach kinda but she's still super confusing.

EDIT: Also Lucas!!! He was my main in brawl but i just can't with him in smash 4, i don't know why D:
I really wanna get better at Greninja, Bowser Jr., and Villager.

Villager though I heard got nerfed in Ultimate, which may suck.

Chrono.

I liked Lucario in Brawl but never found him too fun in 4.

The reverse happened with Pit. Didn't like him in Brawl, became my main in 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom