• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicMario

Smash Master
This leak is false for the simple reason that Sly Cooper specified only two tracks would be added to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when it takes four to make a cup.

Like how are they gonna list that in the track select?
I thought that was weird at first. But then I realized maybe they only revealed those two tracks and the other two would be revealed later.

Still don't think this leak is real. But I think the DLC for vanilla/Wii U Mario Kart 8 worked that way.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
This leak is false for the simple reason that Sly Cooper specified only two tracks would be added to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe when it takes four to make a cup.

Like how are they gonna list that in the track select?
You'd think they'd know that. It's been the standard in MK for like, forever...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I thought that was weird at first. But then I realized maybe they only revealed those two tracks and the other two would be revealed later.

Still don't think this leak is real. But I think the DLC for vanilla/Wii U Mario Kart 8 worked that way.
It didn't. The MK8 DLC was 2 CUPS each not 2 tracks lol

Yeah, it's not for the heart of the faint and sensitive. I sometimes drop there to see the newest talk unadultered of social customs, even if it allows ton to be really, really rude and crappy at their behaviour. You sometimes learn something a lot new if you have an open mind, yet strong judgment within.

Now don't start to pull up pitchforks, I'm very much a Sour Knight at heart. I've learned that better than anything else alternative.

Maybe it's just me, but bit can be good therapeutic release for someone kind of cynical like me to just talk straight up what I feel saying there now and then - probably helps that I've seen ton of humanity's worst at times so I'm kind of desensitized in a way, but not ignorant all the same.

Like, one time I remember finding a rather compassionate circle of Starfy-fans there for once, and mostly vented about the super star's overall present today. A lot voiced same views, which kind of came to as very touching time for a rather embittered Starfy-fan.

But hey, more power to us if some here can drop there to that place without having their psyche broken down. :p
Thx for those words of wisdom. I'll try to wear a Sour Armor next time ;) i usually love a dose cynism and even a pinch of nihilism but i'm a bit overeactive to pure, unjustified hate and unnecessary rudeness... but thx again (this article was a good read btw).

SonicMario

Smash Master
It didn't. The MK8 DLC was 2 CUPS each not 2 tracks lol
I mean in terms of the individual cups. That they at first didn't have all the tracks listed yet. Can't confirm at the moment. But I think they only showed one or two of each of the cups before revealing the others later. I don't think we immediately knew SNES Rainbow Road was returning for example.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

No it didn't.

Yes, you had some tracks released at one point and some tracks released at another, but even then, all the tracks were collected into their own cups.

This leak suggests that we're just gonna have two tracks unrelated to any cups just... sitting there in the select. How are you gonna do Grand Prix races on them? Where are they gonna be put?

EDIT: also the leaker 100% would have known all the tracks revealed if he was able to describe the newcomer trailers in that level of detail. And if they said they WERE going to announce more tracks later like you said, the leaker would have mentioned that too.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I mean in terms of the individual cups. That they at first didn't have all the tracks listed yet. Can't confirm at the moment. But I think they only showed one or two of each of the cups before revealing the others later. I don't think we immediately knew SNES Rainbow Road was returning for example.

Ahh, gotcha. Hmm I'm not sure, I guess it could be possible.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I already know the Nintendo direct anyway:
- More Super Mario Party info
- Info on Nintendo online and classic games
- New Super Mario Bros Deluxe revealed (Yay)
- More 3rd party games and info
- More Pokemon Let's Go Info
- Yoshi rerevealed
- Retro's Star Fox Racing game revealed
- More Smash info
- Details about online and tourney mode
- Dixie Kong and Isabelle revealed
- New Pokemon rep revealed in trailer

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
I already know the Nintendo direct anyway:
- More Super Mario Party info
- Info on Nintendo online and classic games
- New Super Mario Bros Deluxe revealed (Yay)
- More 3rd party games and info
- More Pokemon Let's Go Info
- Yoshi rerevealed
- Retro's Star Fox Racing game revealed
- More Smash info
- Details about online and tourney mode
- Dixie Kong and Isabelle revealed
- New Pokemon rep revealed in trailer
Dang. Now I don't need to watch it. Thanks for saving me half an hour!

Pakky

Smash Hero
Also, Inceniroar's Final Smash not being its Z move is weird.

Isaac having four Final Smashes is believable:ultryu: has two and it could literally be the same animation with different colored effect.

Last edited:

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
No it didn't.

Yes, you had some tracks released at one point and some tracks released at another, but even then, all the tracks were collected into their own cups.

This leak suggests that we're just gonna have two tracks unrelated to any cups just... sitting there in the select. How are you gonna do Grand Prix races on them? Where are they gonna be put?

EDIT: also the leaker 100% would have known all the tracks revealed if he was able to describe the newcomer trailers in that level of detail. And if they said they WERE going to announce more tracks later like you said, the leaker would have mentioned that too.
^ This girl Mario Karts.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I did notice that the Smashboards Direct rumor didn’t include the NES and SNES controller compatibility update. Which is more or less confirmed to be coming, right?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dude, I WISH we got more final Smash variances.

One thing I had in my wish list was Young Link would have different final smashes whether he equipped the Fierce Deity or not.
If he didn't have it on, the moon would hit the earth KOing everyone, but Young Link would play the song of time and only he would get his stock back.
If he did have it on, the Fierce Deity would just cut the incoming moon, along with anyone else in his path.

Of course, this was before we found out YLink was just early OoT Link and not MM Link like in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also, Inceniroar's Final Smash not being its Z move is weird.

Isaac having four Final Smashes is believable:ultryu: has two and it could literally be the same animation with different colored effect.
Not that weird tbh.

If Incineroar's a Greninja scenario, he'd be in on account of concept art alone.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm so disappointed in Super Mario Party...
All i wanted was to play on board maps online with people....but it's just mini game rush.

Chrono.

The leak likely ain't real but at least the supposed date ain't far off either.

Those are the best types of leaks.

StormC

Smash Hero
Y'all got a real leak yet or should I go back to hibernation until a Direct is announced.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
I'm so disappointed in Super Mario Party...
All i wanted was to play on board maps online with people....but it's just mini game rush.
Don't worry, you can place it right next to your copy of Mario Party: Top 100 because that's just how they're made now I guess.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Of course you of all people would know. Bet you've been behind on your taxes lately...
Snickety Snap! I don’t blame him, though. Yoshi’s are not mentioned in any official document as citizens in any way. I bet if he got a good lawyer, he’d walk.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
As someone who has ardently argued against the "don't expect too many newcomers" line meaning much and thus doesn't think this means much either, it would still be interesting to see what Sakurai actually said in the Japanese direct, so is there anyone that can go verify what he said there?
"konkai wa sansen faita wa hatsubai mae ni subete kougai shi o to omoimasu. Ato sukoshi dake sonzashimasu"

"This time we plan to reveal every fighter before game goes on sale. Later there will be just a few more".

So I mean obviously it's basically just what the official translation says. "Few" here is "sukoshi dake" "only a small amount" which basically has equivivilant connotations. Sukoshi is a bit more vauge than few I guess since it doesn't really have the "three or four" definition that few has that people don't usually think about when they say few anyways. Dake puts a somewhat negative spin on it like oh there's ONLY so many left but it's very much the same kind of moddest downplaying as "don't expect many newcomers" and could mean basically anything.

Really not much is lost in translation. The clear connotation I get from it is he's being intentionally vague. I definitely would not recommend trying to pick it apart to glean meaning.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Looks like it's time for another unpopular opinion:
-KH:DDD Sora > KH2 Sora

While I'm at it:
-KH1>>>KH2
-KH story isn't hard to follow
I liked that solely because those are some unpopular opinions.

Like, I totally respect that you came out and said that because damn that's difficult.

Pakky

Smash Hero
All he does is clickbait and be generally toxic all around.
Eh, that's most Poketubers/ the competitive community #RuffleRowlet. He's generally okay from what I've seen but I'm not going to write an essay on defending him.

And Cheating is cheating.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So out of all the things I've seen in the past few days.

Fake leaks and some weird French Leak that people went crazy about, Eminem dropping an entire album out of nowhere, Adventure Time ending, and The Undertaker and Triple H are gonna have one more match again.

Man, these rumors better be right and Nintendo announces the direct tomorrow so we can make this week even more bat-**** insane. Y'all know I got the Scott the Woz meme folder ON DECK.

Polan

Smash Lord
honestly that nindies together program does legit sound like something nintendo would do. nintendo did say that they wanted a lot of indie titles on the switch and implementing not-Early Access would be a good way to reach that goal. oh and switch users getting schlonged by getting FF15's pocket edition and not proper FF15 is totally a boneheaded move worthy of Squeenix. probably fake but i'm going to keep an eye out for this leak i guess.

Last edited:

Abha

Smash Journeyman
I can confirm that this month's direct will take place anytime between Sept 4th and Sept 30th, don't quote me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom