• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I love the professional and serious detective work some of you do over a videogame lmao. Cheers!

Also fake or not, Black Shadow would make a hell of a story mode boss tbh.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Regardless if it's real or not i'm just happy F-zero and Black Shadow are getting talked about even if for just a brief moment.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It'd be funny if Black Shadow got in with melee ganondorf's attributes and ganondorf remains a falcon clone.
I'd be fine with it tbh. Ganondorf has his sword now, and has diverged extremely from Captain Falcon over the years even if he's never been fully decloned. So a Black Shadow Echo Fighter with a mix of his own attributes and Melee Ganondorf's moves would be ideal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guessing Simon AND Richter as well as Chrom and K. Rool AND STAGE MORPH is pretty hard to get right. He also said Dracula is a boss. How can that be a coincidence?!
By editing your post months afterward.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if F-Zero got both Black Shadow as an Echo and Samurai Goroh as an unique tho

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Imagine if F-Zero got both Black Shadow as an Echo and Samurai Goroh as an unique tho
Goroh's still an assist.

Have you been paying attention? The admin just confirmed the post was real.
Have you been paying attention?
They said it was real, but the original post was just random characters and mumbo jumbo.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP
It's not a RIP, who guesses those things correctly? He got Richter, Simon, Dracula, K. Rool, Chrom, and stage morph ALL right.

That guy is just assuming.

We CAN verify the post now. It's 100% real, now it's up to everyone else to believe in it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's easy to disregard it from here. Pack it u...
200.gif

Dude also guessed Dracula as a boss and stage shifts so it still has some credibility.

Additionally, while this does sound like a conspiracy theory, this could very well be the mods trying to direct attention from what is a real leak. Remember, they were the ones who took it down.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
It's not a RIP, who guesses those things correctly? He got Richter, Simon, Dracula, K. Rool, Chrom, and stage morph ALL right.

We CAN verify the post now. It's 100% real, now it's up to everyone else to believe in it.
Thank you. I'm glad a small number of people are actually making sense of this.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Goroh's still an assist.

Have you been paying attention?
They said it was real, but the original post was just random characters and mumbo jumbo.
But wasn't a key point for this leak being that the website doesn't let you edit posts 10 minutes after they were uploaded? Was that proven fake or not?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, if the post was edited, wouldn't there be something that signifies that? Literally every forum I've ever seen has a thing that says "Edited [x amount of time] ago" or "Edited at [time]".

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Lemme spell this out clear:

1) Users wanted to make a fake leak.
2) User posted garbage/placeholder text months in advance
3) User went back and edited the post with the information they learned from the August direct in order to make it seem credible.

It's really that simple.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
The leak is NOT dead, the post is confirmed real, and it's also confirmed you can't edit posts after 10 minutes.

The responses are real and confirmed.

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??!?!??

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
For the sake for those that are doubting, I guess we need further confirmation that the original post was what we've seen.

If that's true, then it HAS to be real.

Untouch

Smash Master
How do we know that stage morphing was in the original post and now just edited in with the developer tools? All confirmation we have is that a leak thread was posted, not the contents of the post.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
EDIT: Disregard this.
If this is true then this doesn't disprove the leak. How could they have edited the post after the direct if they weren't allowed to do so by the website in the first place.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
this could very well be the mods trying to direct attention from what is a real leak. Remember, they were the ones who took it down.
Very good point. Of course the admins that took it down would claim that it's fake. What we know now for a fact is that the post did exist. Therefore, unless it was edited (and someone here said earlier that posts can only be edited 10 minutes after being posted on that site, so that's doubtful), we have a real leak on our hands.

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I'm also doing my take on how well I feel the series are represented
:ultmario: 9/10 - Very well represented. Dr. Mario has its own Character. Mario Kart has 2 stages and decent amount of items (and 22/55 characters are playable in smash). Unlike other people I think the RPGs are represented just fine, Seven Stars has the Frying pan and Geno Mii Costume, Paper Mario has a stage, M&L could maybe have something. But the biggest thing Missing is any Mario party content, a stage or item would be nice. No "Needed" characters
:ultdk: 8/10 - A little lacking in Assist and items and doesn't really feel complete without Dixie.​
:ultwario: 9/10 - Could have Slighly more Warioland in the moveset.​
:ultyoshi: 10/10 - But Poochy would be nice.​
:ultlink: 7/10 - good amount of Item and stages, but the characters are a more mixed bag. Link is good but everyone else is a mixed bag. Young Link is pretty much All OoT. Would Prefer Toon Link to have Four Sword rather than Master Sword (that set of zelda games are pretty much Ignored). Zelda lost light Arrow. Don't need to explain Ganondorf. Another Character like Impa/Tingle/Skull kid would be nice, but would be more of a bonus.
:ultpikachu: 9/10 - Have their own Summoning Item, good stages. Pokemon trainer represent actual gameplay mechanics. One thing that makes it only a 9 for me is that for some absurd reason Pokemon don't have their Shiny Color.
:ultkirby: 9/10 - Need Bandana Dee in some role (Character/Assist/part of stage).
:ultsamus: 10/10 - With 4 characters Metroid is currently well represented. Movesets do have a little room for improvement and Zero Suit Samus is almost a Smash OC.
:ultmarth:?/10 - Huge amount characters, but many clones. Could be more varied, but most are also actually popular characters. It's character situation is weird. The stages are too generic.
I find it hard to place, with CaptainAmerica Descripted it best with Simultaniously 13/10 and 6/10.
:ultvillager: 10/10 - if Isabelle is playable or an assist. It's also lucky enough that its stages in smash are even some of the most popular ones.
:ultfox: 10/10 - 3 Characters, 3 Stages, 2 Assists, this one's really good.
:ultshulk: 10/10 - Pretty good for now, but sequel representation is still up in the air.
:ultrob: 9/10 - Still doesn't have a home stage
:ultfalcon: 10/10 - Personally doesn't think it needs more
:ultolimar: 10/10 - Would like even more Captains as alts.
:ultmiifighters: 9/10 - Feel that there should be a Mage Class, but nothing Major.
:ultinkling: 9/10 - Octoling Echo or something and it would be perfect
:ultness:/:ultpit: 10/10 - For their sizes these are extremely well represented franchises. But have some good bosses that could be used.
:ultlittlemac:/:ultduckhunt:/:ulticeclimbers:/:ultgnw:/:ultwiifittrainer: 10/10 -very well represented.

:ultsonic:/:ultbayonetta:/:ultsnake:/:ultpacman:/:ultmegaman:/:ultryu:/ 10/10 - Third parties are "guest chacracters" so I think Char+stage is just fine.
:ultsimon: 11/10 - Have even more than the other third Parties
:ultcloud:9/10 - Only two Songs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think what he's saying is the user made a legitimate post, filled with nonsense, so he could screencap it and then alter the text.
But then what about the responses afterwards?

And wouldn't there be a sign that the post was edited?

D

Deleted member

I just wish the admin himself made it more clear. Or just screencap the thing

Chrono.

I kinda forgot that even if you can't edit posts on the site itself, you could probably inspect element them or something like that.

Or even just screen cap it and be really good at photoshop.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Finally, some good ****ing discussion! This thread is getting actual use! We're talking about things that MATTER!

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Very good point. Of course the admins that took it down would claim that it's fake. What we know now for a fact is that the post did exist. Therefore, unless it was edited (and someone here said earlier posts can only be edited 10 minutes after being posted on that site, so that's doubtful), we have a real leak on our hands.
Okay, when in the history of ever has some conspiracy theory like this ever panned out?

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Thank you. I'm glad a small number of people are actually making sense of this.
OK there is no need to get into an argument about this! Lets clear things up. Is the post real or was it altered?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
A bit late, but I got a response from the third poster.
Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.38.22 PM.png

Not a definite as the first two, but it's not an outright denial either.
Okay, when in the history of ever has some conspiracy theory like this ever panned out?
That's why I said it's a conspiracy theory. I know it sounds incredibly stupid, but it's still a possibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom