• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
To the surprise of no one, Rex & Pyra literally dominated the poll with ease of the four Xenoblade 2 contestants. Nia and Addam saw decent support, but people were sleeping on Malos despite his echo potential.

This next one is likely the last Xenoblade 2 related poll since there are still notable drivers and blades worth talking able. Your choices are Tora & Poppi, Zeke & Pandoria, Morag & Brighid, and Jin.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good luck.
Jin and.. no Lora?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why do some of you guys want giant corporations to be bigger and worse

imagine worshipping a brand to the point where you want them to buy other big companies just so you can see your fav cartoons characters fight each other in a video game
People only want 'em bought for Smash or to revive dead franchises.
Then again about half of the series in Smash are under the rug so it's not like the latter is ever gonna happen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No, no, no. Please don't do that. I like my super graphics Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry games. SEGA is already big enough to not have to worry about Nintendo, like, ever.

However, if there was a company I would want Nintendo to buy it's Konami... Cause Konami is **** and they're not doing **** with their IP's and Nintendo might not do **** with them either but at least they'd own **** Konami to keep them from treating every gamer ever like ****. I mean, ****.
Then Metal Gear, Castlevania and Bomberman would be first party series! Yes please!

D

Deleted member

Y'know, it's a shame the Gengar leaks died down before we got to pictures and stuff.

I know you guys on /v/ are reading this.
Make some more Gengar leaks, dammit. :094:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I see you're trying to get the ultimate Konami rep.
View attachment 161255
I won't lie. I'd love that. This is what Jump Force needs to do...asap.
So between Agumon, Heihachi and Nightmare then for the second Namco rep. Who do you gyus think is the most likely?

My want is Agumon but I feel it'd probably might be Nightmare due to complications with Heihachi.
Agumon would bring a lot more to the table in terms of franchise and move set than Heihachi would... Plus, if Sakurai is able to choose Agumon to represent such a massive following as Digimon..he should do it. Then he can say he brought Pokemon and Digimon together for the first time.

Not to mention, nobody would see it coming.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
My most wanted Bandai Namco character is Solaire from Dark Souls

I'm serious. Unless I'm mistaken, don't they partially own one of the most critically acclaimed and influential game of the last 10 years?

Actually I looked it up and they only publish the game. Oh well.

Solaire for Smash anyway.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Agumon would bring a lot more to the table in terms of franchise and move set than Heihachi would... Plus, if Sakurai is able to choose Agumon to represent such a massive following as Digimon..he should do it. Then he can say he brought Pokemon and Digimon together for the first time.
Here, here. I'm the same. If anyone should be the second Namco rep its definitely Agumon.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
People only want 'em bought for Smash or to revive dead franchises.
Then again about half of the series in Smash are under the rug so it's not like the latter is ever gonna happen.
I dont want to imagine what the men in suits at nintendo would do with the creative freedom devs at sega and capcom have with their own games

keep companies as their own things, not a giant conglomerate.
Its already awful seeing disney control the media with all the brand worship they have.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Y'know, it's a shame the Gengar leaks died down before we got to pictures and stuff.

I know you guys on /v/ are reading this.
Make some more Gengar leaks, dammit. :094:
I want some Missingno. leaks! And I guess the occasional Wurmple sprinkled in.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Well that's all I know. Don't exactly know all the full details about it this. This was said in an interview.
Him saying "I wanted to do heihachi but decided nah Ill give him a skin instead" is exactly the reason I think geno is so likely, so I honestly think Heihachi has a better shot than the rest of Bandai Namco

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Jin and.. no Lora?
I was tempted to mention Lora, but yeah.

Didn't want to spoil people too hard. Though he would realistically have her as a partner.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
So between Agumon, Heihachi and Nightmare then for the second Namco rep. Who do you gyus think is the most likely?

My want is Agumon but I feel it'd probably might be Nightmare due to complications with Heihachi.
Heihachi would be the most likely I guess but my biggest wish is Agumon. And I also think people sleep on his chances: maybe just for the sake of Pokémon vs Digimon, and that 90s nostalgia, he could be included

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was tempted to meantion Lora, but yeah.

Didn't want to spoil people too hard. Though he would realistically have her as a partner.
Listen, they put end-game Fiora into Shulk's final smash for no reason.
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to spoil something like that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Listen, they put end-game Fiora into Shulk's final smash for no reason.
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to spoil something like that.
What do you mean?
They spoiled her and most other second-half things of the game already in 4 through trophies alone.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Well he does have his own Amiibo so that gives him a very good chance + Dark Souls is published by Bamco and Vergeben said that there would be another Bamco rep
Solaire would be a stellar addition to the roster in my opinion.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Would they rehire Kojima, though?
I don't think he'd want to be rehired. He seems to finally be happy and free on Kojima Productions now lol
But I do think that they could call Kojima to work on the MGS series again at one point

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Him saying "I wanted to do heihachi but decided nah Ill give him a skin instead" is exactly the reason I think geno is so likely, so I honestly think Heihachi has a better shot than the rest of Bandai Namco
Well remember, Lloyd also got a skin and Tales is super popular in Japan. If neither are in the base game, then you can bet it would be Lloyd for DLC at the most because Heihachi's voice actor died.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Also, the Wurmple leaks were the best leaks. They aren’t real, but it’s hilarious to imagine the internet’s reaction to a playable Wurmple of all characters.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Well he does have his own Amiibo so that gives him a very good chance + Dark Souls is published by Bamco and Vergeben said that there would be another Bamco rep
Vergeben said another Square rep, not Bamco. Though I wouldn't deny another Bamco rep since they are publishing and making the game

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Structure. That’s one. A lot of his expressions are brand spanking new or derived from much more than his most recent appearance, including his 90’s cartoon.

I am describing textures, colors, canonically significant and functional aspects such as his belly armor, the red in his eye is because he’s a stresswad and mad at the Kong’s,He isn’t as rounded as in his first game. So, agreed. The modern form is more appealing for his movements.
Visually his design is a more detailed modern one with golden Belly and tail. They eyes has almost identical veins to the modern one (stress eyes are not unique to his old design). crown is about the same size as the modern as well.
1535851186831.png

So Koopaul is absolutely right about modern being the base.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Alright, new leak guys. The thing is, this is actually SOMEWHAT believable. Take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was real.

CF6121F5-F3BE-4A32-8706-27CF9653FDA0.jpeg

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's kinda scary to think that Heihachi has two dead voice actors, and is dead in his own franchise. Just, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom