• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I doubt that'll matter much in itself. Being considered isn't everything. There's still the issue of why he was written off, because Sakurai couldn't translate the gameplay into Smash. Heihachi still suffers from this, due to Smash not being a technical fighter.
But I do feel like since they managed to get Ryu's inputs in, it would be a similar process to a Tekken type fighter. Its a bit more complicated for sure (especially since a lot of Tekkens inputs have to do with character position and who uses what limb), but I can see them achieving it if they had more time to work on the character.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
They make Sonic, Football Manager and uh.. Puyo Puyo and uh.... Bayonetta? Only 4 franchises since they let thier many IPs die. What happened to Jet Set Radio, Nights, Fantasy Zone, Altered Beast, Comix Zone
Jesus go buy Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza 0, and Binary Domain on Steam or something

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Because in 2 hours i'll reveal gameplay footage Nothing, only to keep the thread going, but enough about me.

Okay everyone, if you could replace one of the current characters from the roster with your most wanted, who would you replace with?
I'd swap Doc out for Toad or Captain Toad in a heartbeat. We don't even lose having a Mario related puzzle game rep with this switch since both of Toads' protagonist games have been action puzzlers.
Plus, Toad could have easily come in Melee alongside Peach and Bowser without people feeling he was out of place during that time period.

Oh, and I'd also swap Puff out for Meowth...Sheik out for Impa...and I dunno...Lucas and Falco for Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Couldn't he just avoid the question? No one forced him to answer, but he outright said NO. I think that means it's not happening.
Saying no means he (hopefully) won't get asked again.

Ignoring it just means more pestering.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's like saying Sonic is a Nintendo Series because all their games are on Nintendo consoles.

It's still owned by Sega.
It’s not though...and just to be a smart***, Sonic 06 isn’t on a Nintendo console...yet

Sega at this current moment in time owns Bayo 1 and shares the next two games with Nintendo (who were responsible for the funding of two)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76313465
So while Sega still owns Bayonetta, so does Nintendo (they’re her parents)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But I do feel like since they managed to get Ryu's inputs in, it would be a similar process to a Tekken type fighter. Its a bit more complicated for sure (especially since a lot of Tekkens inputs have to do with character position and who uses what limb), but I can see them achieving it if they had more time to work on the character.
The issue with this argument is that it's missing what also makes Tekken so brilliantly unique.
The shifting planes technique.

Also, there are some things that...really can't be achieved efficiently no matter how good Sakurai and the boys are. Each button corresponding to a limb included.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I feel this also could be an issue for Heihachi. Ryu already has the basic traditional inputs mechanic. Ryu is also the bigger character of the two, so it makes sense he got chosen in the long run. Heihachi is a contender, but him being considered isn't enough in itself. Definitely shouldn't be ignored among Bandai-Namco's characters, of course.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nintendo should purchase SEGA and Capcom, they're a bigger company now and with all the revenue they made with Pokemon Go and with the Switch sales, they have enough to make those purchases.
No, no, no. Please don't do that. I like my super graphics Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry games. SEGA is already big enough to not have to worry about Nintendo, like, ever.

However, if there was a company I would want Nintendo to buy it's Konami... Cause Konami is **** and they're not doing **** with their IP's and Nintendo might not do **** with them either but at least they'd own **** Konami to keep them from treating every gamer ever like ****. I mean, ****.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
SEGA owns the Persona and SMT IPs 100%, it’s why anytime they’re used in any sort of media SEGA has to be copyrighted, Atlus only produces the games.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sega coudnt finance sequels to Bayo cause around the time Bayo 2 went into dev alot of japanese companies like Sega and Capcom were having finacial problems. They had to reduce just making Football Manager, Sonic, Total War, and Yakuza to stay safe and not commit to anything risky.

I remeber being on the sega forums around that time and seeing all the admins that worked at sega all disappear

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
No, no, no. Please don't do that. I like my super graphics Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry games. SEGA is already big enough to not have to worry about Nintendo, like, ever.

However, if there was a company I would want Nintendo to buy it's Konami... Cause Konami is **** and they're not doing **** with their IP's and Nintendo might not do **** with them either but at least they'd own **** Konami to keep them from treating every gamer ever like ****. I mean, ****.
Here i go again But Konami only makes MGS, Bomberman, Castlevania and those pinball machines. Silent Hill is dead and no one cares about Pro Evolution Soccer.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To the surprise of no one, Rex & Pyra literally dominated the poll with ease of the four Xenoblade 2 contestants. Nia and Addam saw decent support, but people were sleeping on Malos despite his echo potential.

This next one is likely the last Xenoblade 2 related poll since there are still notable drivers and blades worth talking able. Your choices are Tora & Poppi, Zeke & Pandoria, Morag & Brighid, and Jin.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good luck.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I feel this also could be an issue for Heihachi. Ryu already has the basic traditional inputs mechanic. Ryu is also the bigger character of the two, so it makes sense he got chosen in the long run. Heihachi is a contender, but him being considered isn't enough in itself. Definitely shouldn't be ignored among Bandai-Namco's characters, of course.
Very true. I guess there are other Bandai characters they could focus on anyway if they wanted to avoid Tekken and it's complicated gameplay, especially if they would want to represent it authentically.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I see you're trying to get the ultimate Konami rep.
yami_yugi___render_2_by_alanmac95-dbycgra.png

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Whoa.... i can't believe they did it
...So I’m confused, is this a leak, or a fan render, or some sort of MvC-related thing?

You didn’t give much context in all honesty, which is something I think you may want to consider when posting things like these, because it can lead to misinformation being spread.

Please take this into account.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So between Agumon, Heihachi and Nightmare then for the second Namco rep. Who do you gyus think is the most likely?

My want is Agumon but I feel it'd probably might be Nightmare due to complications with Heihachi.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It’s not though...and just to be a smart***, Sonic 06 isn’t on a Nintendo console...yet

Sega at this current moment in time owns Bayo 1 and shares the next two games with Nintendo (who were responsible for the funding of two)
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76313465
So while Sega still owns Bayonetta, so does Nintendo (they’re her parents)
Yes, but Sega, in whole, owns the Bayonetta IP. It's explicitly their copyright and it will be until they officially sell it to Nintendo.

Nintendo merely owns the publishing rights to it for the 1 port, 2, and 3, which they only have because Sega allows them to.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Quick question:

Do you think I should re-upload Devil Hunter and put Nintendo copyright in the description like that guy did and see what happens or should I not bother?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
The body shape, structure, face shape, expressions, stance are all the modern design. You are pretty much describing textures, colors, and eye. And that bulgy eye is still more in the shape of his modern design, just more bulgy.

And yes his tail is back too. I forgot that.
Structure. That’s one. A lot of his expressions are brand spanking new or derived from much more than his most recent appearance, including his 90’s cartoon.

I am describing textures, colors, canonically significant and functional aspects such as his belly armor, the red in his eye is because he’s a stresswad and mad at the Kong’s, his Blunderbuss and Kaptain hat is canonical and original and functional. His crown throw draws it’s start up frames from the original move in the original game stance. His helipack is from the third SNES game. His crown is bigger than modern, like it was, but seems like a medium between. He has boxing gloves for his forward smash, harkening to 64, same with final smash.
He isn’t as rounded as in his first game. So, agreed. The modern form is more appealing for his movements.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Here i go again But Konami only makes MGS, Bomberman, Castlevania and those pinball machines. Silent Hill is dead and no one cares about Pro Evolution Soccer.
Untitled.png

You forgot one of their biggest ones.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
...So I’m confused, is this a leak, or a fan render, or some sort of MvC-related thing?

You didn’t give much context in all honesty, which is something I think you may want to consider when posting things like these, because it can lead to misinformation being spread.

Please take this into account.
Eh it just got debunked so doesn't matter

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So between Agumon, Heihachi and Nightmare then for the second Namco rep. Who do you gyus think is the most likely?

My want is Agumon but I feel it'd probably might be Nightmare due to complications with Heihachi.
I believe Heihachi is the most likely due to the skin. But what complications do you mean?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Honestly i've never had any interest in Playstation or XBox games, i've never been compelled to play any.
Call me a Nintendo Stan or something, I don't care. I still keep up with other companies but Sony doesn't make Pokemon sooo...
You do you, boo! Tell em like it is!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Out of those 3 I prefer Agumon too. But if you ask me, Yoshimitsu would be interesting due to the 2 IPs he reps (and no, because of the name association lol)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Nintendo should purchase SEGA and Capcom, they're a bigger company now and with all the revenue they made with Pokemon Go and with the Switch sales, they have enough to make those purchases.
why do some of you guys want giant corporations to be bigger and worse

imagine worshipping a brand to the point where you want them to buy other big companies just so you can see your fav cartoons characters fight each other in a video game

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
...maybe we could finally get that damn Needlefiber import!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I see you're trying to get the ultimate Konami rep.
View attachment 161255
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-...D-D-D-DUEL!
LISTEN! I HAVE TO SIT HERE AND LOOK AT THE FACT THAT THEY TOTALLY REMADE ALL OF SNAKE EATER'S CUTSCENES IN THE PHANTOM PAIN'S ENGINE FOR A GODDAMN PACHINKO MACHINEQ

Same with Castlevania, dude. That **** ****ing hurts and I know Nintendo wouldn't do that ****. There's also Zone of the Enders which is way too underrated of a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom