• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Clearly Banjo is an echo of Duck Hunt. They're both animal duos. Obviously that means they're very similar.
People who say this needs to get Huey'd off this country. First one to go will be DMBrandon.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Considering Konami's most recent portayal of Simon was this:

And in Super Bomberman R he retained his Barbarian look as well.

His OG look was guaranteed.

You call that an argument?
Well, in his defense, you did say that our current K. Rool render looks almost exactly like the trophy render....which is true only in a general sense. But that trophy lacks a tail, has a lighter shade of green, his belly is like flesh instead of his original gold plated belly and he also lacks scales and his crown was smaller for no good reason.

That’s much more attention to the original than the newer model from sluggers. Does that satisfy your argumental prerequisites?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Steve could get Banjo as an Echo.

As in, Minecraft skin Banjo.
You know what, I **** on every suggestion involving Steve, when they downplay B&K's significance. But that might be the best case scenario for me. We get Banjo & Kazooie. And they get "Steve"--as Banjo. :troll:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So yeah, his design will be fine since Pac, Simon, Mega, and K. Rool all have their classic looks.

My real fear for Banjo is if he and Kazooie will have realistic bear & bird sounds.

Especially considering this is Sakurai we’re talking about being the same guy who still refuses to give DK, Diddy, and Bowser their game voices.

Hell, even if they do get voices, will Chris Sutherland even show up?
He probably would’ve been subtle about it on Twitter. (if he has one)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Compared to the likes of Other M Ridley when put next to.......pretty much every other single design Ridley's had, the Nuts and Bolts Banjo and Kazooie designs really don't look that bad to me. There's a few changes, but they largely just look updated and slightly less cartoony.

I'll admit the designs don't have the same charm of the originals, if nothing else, but they could be far worse off. To each their own.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So yeah, his design will be fine since Pac, Simon, Mega, and K. Rool all have their classic looks.

My real fear for Banjo is if he and Kazooie will have realistic bear & bird sounds.

Especially considering this is Sakurai we’re talking about being the same guy who still refuses to give DK, Diddy, and Bowser their game voices.
That's my biggest worry, and I think that'd unfortunately happen unless they reuse voice clips. I think the guy who did the voices is at Playtonic now. I have no idea what sort of issues there'd be to get him to do the voices.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Wait but I thought he never was.
His new FS is based on the Masked Dedede fight from Kirby Super Star Ultra, which Bandana Dee is in the audience of. In his FS, Bandana Dee is nowhere to be seen.

Not much to go off, but considering how much attention to detail Sakurai puts, it'd weird how he'd miss this. Especially from his own franchise.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I kinda like the stylization, I just think Nuts & Bolts took it a bit too far.
Kazooie's eyelashes just look ridiculous. It's like they just *had* to make absolutely sure she was female and knew they couldn't get away with boobs.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Hell, even if they do get voices, will Chris Sutherland even show up? He probably would’ve been subliminal about it on Twitter. (if he has one)
Oh god, why would you put this fear in me?
Please Sakurai! Let them keep their weird jibberish noises and "Guh-huh!"s!.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I think we're forgetting the true best Xenoblade newcomer. The Ardainian Soldier. I don't think anybody can take him. They're all done for.
Eh I forgot about him... oh no I forgot *arm grabs me from the shadows*
Ardainian Soldier: Ya done!
*gets dragged away screaming*
Guys if could add one more Chracther from the fire emblem series which would itbe?
For me maybe Elegard or Ephiram i cant choose
Well it would be Lyn, but if it had to be someone else I'd pick Fjorm, the Ice based lancer from Fire Emblem Heroes.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Man. I look away for like 5 Hours and suddenly there's 10 new pages.

I hope nothing exploded while I was gone. I swear this thread moves faster and faster everyday.

Anyway, I'm done with my Poll analsis, and it can be found on this thread here.
You missed a Banjo-Kazooie render. Still not found or proven fake yet.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I still feel like Decidueye is the perfect new Poke, as he shares the tradition of being the coolest looking pokemon of his generation with Greninja.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
So I was catching up on stuff and not really paying attention to any of the pages. So there's a Banjo leak going around?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Kazooie's eyelashes just look ridiculous. It's like they just *had* to make absolutely sure she was female and knew they couldn't get away with boobs.
Yeah, the eyelashes can go.
But the general style, if applied right, could work for a mixture of the classic and modern (as modern as ten years ago) designs in my opinion.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Well, at least in Diddy and Donkey's case, they're pretty much real animals in human clothing. Banjo is anthropomorphized and far more cartoonish then the almost-realistic apes.

And Bowser Jr. doesn't make animal noises.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Hell, even if they do get voices, will Chris Sutherland even show up?
He probably would’ve been subtle about it on Twitter. (if he has one)
Banjo has a voice actor?

Though, I wonder, what would Banjo even sound like in Smash when he attacks and gets hit.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man. I look away for like 5 Hours and suddenly there's 10 new pages.

I hope nothing exploded while I was gone. I swear this thread moves faster and faster everyday.

Anyway, I'm done with my Poll analsis, and it can be found on this thread here.
>think "dang even if black shadow comes low he'd still show up"
>doesn't even show up
1498955692228.jpg

Then who the hell did I vote for?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
His new FS is based on the Masked Dedede fight from Kirby Super Star Ultra, which Bandana Dee is in the audience of. In his FS, Bandana Dee is nowhere to be seen.

Not much to go off, but considering how much attention to detail Sakurai puts, it'd weird how he'd miss this. Especially from his own franchise.
What I'll give this is that it certainly doesn't HURT his chances.

But I'd still say it makes him just as likely a AT as a Newcomer.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Sonic Boom?
Ghost Adventures?
Snake not being MGS4's Old Snake?
Not even CONSIDERING the first parties?

This is not it, my chief.
And which of those arguments did you bring up?

A good solid none, sir. My point in regards to your lack of an argument still stands.

Also, SEGA has clarified that Boom Sonic and Modern Sonic are two separate entities. The one Smash is Modern Sonic. There's no way he'd be given his Boom design.

Everyone expected Ghost Adventures Pac-Man. The fact that he wasn't was a surprise. But not one to set a precedent, especially since Bandai Namco is really friendly with Nintendo right now.

Solid Snake is most likely the design Kojima gave Sakurai to use. The only references to MGS4 is the entirety of Brawl are the Gekkos and 1 song. The rest of it is heavily MGS1/2/3 focused.

And what about the first parties? First parties are handled differently from third parties. Not the same circumstances, here.

yea I'm very unqualified for any sort of Castlevania discussion I'll admit (I have no idea what that's a picture of), also I had gotten rid of that message because I felt it was a bit rude so I apologize for that. I just knew a fair number of people discussed which design he was going to use aaaaaaand that was the entire thesis for my post
No, you're fine. You didn't come off as rude.

That reminds me.
View attachment 161105 I think this theory of mine ended up being correct lol.
And that is a good point.

Well, in his defense, you did say that our current K. Rool render looks almost exactly like the trophy render....which is true only in a general sense. But that trophy lacks a tail, has a lighter shade of green, his belly is like flesh instead of his original gold plated belly and he also lacks scales and his crown was smaller for no good reason.

That’s much more attention to the original than the newer model from sluggers. Does that satisfy your argumental prerequisites?
Yes, that is much better.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, at least in Diddy and Donkey's case, they're pretty much real animals in human clothing. Banjo is anthropomorphized and far more cartoonish then the almost-realistic apes.

And Bowser Jr. doesn't make animal noises.
Which, considering his dad is literally right there sounding like Godzilla, just makes it even worse.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
I kinda like the stylization, I just think Nuts & Bolts took it a bit too far.
There's a happy medium between the classic designs and the stylized designs, and I think Sakurai could find it.
Y'know what? Yeah, that's reasonable. It doesn't look that bad, but I think they went a little overboard on the blockiness of Banjo, and Kazooie's feathers make her look like a piñata. A happy medium is definitely a solid idea.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I didnt mean newcomers.
Just how many characters (vets) are left to show in the blog?
There's still more to go they've only done
Inklings, Ridley, Daisy, Mario, Link, Ice Climbers, Corrin, Snake, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Falco, Young Link, Pokemon Trainer, Marth, Kirby, Megaman, Pit, Pichu, Bowser Jr., Miis, ROB, Jigglypuff, Wario, Samus, Simon, King K. Rool, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, Villager, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Ness, Peach and Wolf.

Soo 35ish out of 67+

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I still feel like Decidueye is the perfect new Poke, as he shares the tradition of being the coolest looking pokemon of his generation with Greninja.
As an Incineroar fan, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree there buddy-o

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Banjo has a voice actor?

Though, I wonder, what would Banjo even sound like in Smash when he attacks and gets hit.
Kind of like Goofy if he only made sounds and was higher pitched.

Edit: In case you don’t know, that isn’t a joke at all.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
he shares the tradition of being the most popular of the starters of his generation with Greninja if that goes down easier
And then Japan takes what you just said and goes "WOOOOOO PRIMARINA TIME".

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Which, considering his dad is literally right there sounding like Godzilla, just makes it even worse.
My point is that I really doubt they'd make a not-at-all realistic bear make realistic bear noises.

And I personally don't mind Bowser's roaring. When I play Bowser, I want to feel powerful and intimidating. That's how he's designed to be in Smash Brothers, moveset and appearance wise.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
There's still more to go they've only done
Inklings, Ridley, Daisy, Mario, Link, Ice Climbers, Corrin, Snake, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Falco, Young Link, Pokemon Trainer, Marth, Kirby, Megaman, Pit, Pichu, Bowser Jr., Miis, ROB, Jigglypuff, Wario, Samus, Simon, King K. Rool, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, Villager, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Ness, Peach and Wolf.

Soo 35ish out of 67+
34 I believe

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
well, maybe not the coolest, but most popular, maybe..?
Tell me: How could he choose the most popular if the game hadn't even come out by the time the plan was finalized?

Noipoi

Howdy!
he shares the tradition of being the most popular of the starters of his generation with Greninja if that goes down easier
well, maybe not the coolest, but most popular, maybe..?
Primarina would beg to differ.
3c995d32dfb3cb4bd3fc28f78c0864a8.jpg

Japanese polls say otherwise.
Primarina is the most popular fully evolved Alola starter, Decidueye isn't even top 10.
Rowlet's number one, but not Decidueye.

This doesn't matter though because by the time Sakurai picked a Gen 7 Pokemon no one new what Gen 7 was. It all depends on Sakurai's opinions.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Even though it’s my worst fear, I have good hope Banjo would be given the Sonic treatment by simply recycling his voice clips from his games.

DK, Diddy, K.Rool, & Bowser are atleast somewhat animalistic so it makes a bit of sense but I’d place Banjo on Fox/Sonic tier, he’s too human/anthro like to have a realistic sound.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom