• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
If you make a bad leak you suffer for it. He has done nothing to prove other than specific requests from "other users".
You wanna prove it's legit? Go to the home screen and back. Show your setup. Anything but just filming specific actions.

If he can't man up to it while ignoring half of the bigger spectrum, I'm gonna call that some cheese until the day I die.
Are you implying the other users are fake? That seems kinda ridiculous. What? They keep fake accounts from all the way back to 2009 in preparation for this day?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are you implying the other users are fake? That seems kinda ridiculous. What? They keep fake accounts from all the way back to 2009 in preparation for this day?
It's a suggestion, yes. Does that one thing that stands out make the 99% of my other points invalid?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At this point, the only thing that'll please every doubter would be to do a live-stream of the game, lol.

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
If you make a bad leak you suffer for it. He has done nothing to prove other than specific requests from "other users".
You wanna prove it's legit? Go to the home screen and back. Show your setup. Anything but just filming specific actions.

If he can't man up to it while ignoring half of the bigger spectrum, I'm gonna call that some cheese until the day I die.
He literally posted a response to clips requested on SmashBoards here. He is known for having done this before in Smash 4. The home screen is a useless thing to show as that's likely easier to fake than anything else. Showing his setup sounds like a fantastic way to get caught. As far as I am aware there is nowhere in the world where the demo is currently legitimately available right now, meaning if he is responding to specific requests with footage he very clearly actually possesses the demo.

Like I know we're trained to distrust leaks by default, but you reach a point where calling fake on it is far more absurd than assuming it's true.

Untouch

Smash Master
He did not get that New Pork City footage from an existing video, I managed to find ONE video of New Pork City on youtube.
Whether or not he actually has the demo to himself though, is a different question.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I honestly wasn't able to find the post there requesting it, but there's still a thing called... friends, who probably went to the event with them, helped record (two players right) and knew specifically what they have recorder. Why? E-points, why not.

So far, until he actually adresses and records new things, it's bull****.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno guys.

I mean we just saw the full roster and a video from Sakurai saying it was the real deal but I'm not gonna believe this leaker til he gives me twenty bucks.

Honestly, you guys, its common sense that he has it.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I leave for my night class for 1 measly hour, come back and all the demo's deep dark secrets are on the verge of leaking? I knew I shouldn't have put you guys in charge of stopping leaks. Cmon guys. :4dk:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>spamming my mouse click to post to make arguments about why i think its fake
>gets proven fake anyway

1500072882232.jpg

Thanks Warchamp7 Warchamp7 you just boosted my ego by 10 million

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I leave for my night class for 1 measly hour, come back and all the demo's deep dark secrets are on the verge of leaking? I knew I shouldn't have put you guys in charge of stopping leaks. Cmon guys. :4dk:

UH OH LOL
(THAT'S A DEMO STAND FOLKS)
Good thing it was all a lie
He did not get that New Pork City footage from an existing video, I managed to find ONE video of New Pork City on youtube.
Whether or not he actually has the demo to himself though, is a different question.
Speaking of New Pork City, it seems like that’s not a Mother/Earthbound stage many really love compared to Onett and Magicant

Untouch

Smash Master
Yep, that's why he didn't answer if it was a demo kiosk, because it was.
There's no way he's getting that file off, lol.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I dunno guys.

I mean we just saw the full roster and a video from Sakurai saying it was the real deal but I'm not gonna believe this leaker til he gives me twenty bucks.

Honestly, you guys, its common sense that he has it.
I dunno... I could really use $20 tho.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Welp, I stand corrected. Gonna wait a little before calling faker to see if they respond. Kinda ruins multiple people's reputations here if it really was fake. Although I really have no sympathy for them after the transphobic thing came out in the AMA thread... Intolerance is the worst...
(Thank you for standing up against that stuff, means a lot to see <3)

He recorded two very specific request. He doesn't have the demo like he said he had (on a switch with him), but he has current access to whatever demo booth that is that he's playing right now
I don't think that's necessarily true.
I also don't see how that's genuinely possible.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not really surprised that this was fake. Well, life goes on. Time to move past this whole thing.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This just makes me want a demo event for Ultimate even more, where they bring the game to like GameStop or Best Buy or something. They did it with Smash 4, why can't they do it here, damn it?!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Well what do you want us to do? Our two best people at stopping leaks are dead, one got his crushed, the other had their soul taken. We're doing the best we can.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He recorded two very specific request. He doesn't have the demo like he said he had (on a switch with him), but he has current access to whatever demo booth that is that he's playing right now
Go back to my crazy tinfoil hat conspiracy here: could just be associates aiding him. I mean, he lied about his location for God's sake, why would he need to do that?

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I stand corrected. Gonna wait a little before calling faker to see if they respond. Kinda ruins multiple people's reputations here if it really was fake. Although I really have no sympathy for them after the transphobic thing came out in the AMA thread... Intolerance is the worst...
Out of morbid curiosity, where was the AMA?

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I don't think that's necessarily true.
I also don't see how that's genuinely possible.
Hmm so both Mercury203 and Untouch are in it with him? I can see the first one because it's a Aug 20 account with 9 posts, but the other one is from 2009 and still posting here...

THOUGH I can see it being coincidence as Untouch only asked for New Pork City footage and that could have been easily pre-recorded (seeing as he's not responding to any other very specific request)

He really didn't fully do the villager thing either I guess...

Ok I'm conviced.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What a wild goose chase that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.