• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be honest, I think they’ll skip over September and have a second Direct on October, for two reasons.

-It’s a too month early for a Sep Direct.

-October is Halloween = Going over “Spirits” Mode.
Don't the Japanese have their spirit related holiday in a different month?

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you know what representation, or rather, proper representation, means.
This.

But yeah, it's not Sakurai's fault but the gaming industry as a whole. He's doing his best with what he has, or so I think. I mean, before 4 female representation was abysmal but after that game we at least have some variety.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The cat game looks cute as hell! Transistor and Bastion are 2 amazing games... if you never played them i really reccomend them!...

but then.... WHERE IS ULTIMATE CHICKEN HORSE?! :s

Pakky

Smash Hero
No announcement, although as a regular Nintendo fan that was pretty good IMO. This probably deconfirms Shantae, as I think her best chance at getting announced was right now.
NAH No one is deconfirmed until they're an assist trophy and or support for the game stops.

Which I think this one is going to have a LONG DLC/support cycle.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There may not be a Smash Direct in September, but there could be a general Nintendo Direct with a Smash reveal or two (or three if we’re lucky). That, and/or a surprise announcement a la Robin/Lucina or Shulk.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I give it an UGG (Untitled Goose Game)/10.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I think it was the right thing to not reveal anything First Party related like Smash in an Indie direct, since that would overshadow indie announcements, which is the whole point of this showcase. It wouldn't have been doing the indie developers justice.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think you know what representation, or rather, proper representation, means.
To be honest, if they add Dixie, Impa and Elma, the female representation of Nintendo heroines is just fine. If not perfect. I don't want them to add extra female characters just to have them represented. That IS a political statement.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
>No King of Cards release date
>No additional Shovel Knight amiibo release date
>I know Godmaster just released, but zero info on Hornet campaign for Hollow Knight
>Buncha ports
>2 games that literally look like they were made in Flash
>General consensus is that a goose simulator is the most unique and anticipated new game shown

How abysmal.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aight, predictions for the next three months, and be sure to specify if it’s a regular direct, surprise stream, or dedicated Smash Direct for each month. Go!

As for mine:

September: General Nintendo Direct. Smash reveals: Elma (immediately after Torna release trailer and/or X Switch Port announcement), quick Isabelle Echo announcement following the Animal Crossing Switch title announcement (title card only, no trailer), Bandana Waddle Dee (named Waddle Dee, shown off at the end). They’ll also in general discuss online.
October: Surprise stream - Neku reveal to tie in to TWEWY Final Remix release
November: 50 facts Smash dedicated Direct, GIANT blowout. Isaac, RH Rep, Ken, Shadow, Zack, Incineroar, second Bandai Namco rep (probably Lloyd Irving). Spirits mode discussed. All Star mode, remaining ATs revealed (including a Fatal Frame AT) and maybe some more bosses. Ends with WIP 3D models of Rex and Pyra and a title card saying “Rex & Pyra are on the way!!” revealing the start of the DLC Period. Rex & Pyra will be available from the eShop in February 2019.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
>No King of Cards release date
>No additional Shovel Knight amiibo release date
>I know Godmaster just released, but zero info on Hornet campaign for Hollow Knight
>Buncha ports
>2 games that literally look like they were made in Flash
>General consensus is that a goose simulator is the most unique and anticipated new game shown

How abysmal.
And here I was thinking I missed out on something :laugh:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Let’s be honest, Nintendo could solve that with gender swapping alt costumes. Haha. Maria, Luiga, Bowsress, Ridlee, Queen K. Rool.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Aight, predictions for the next three months, and be sure to specify if it’s a regular direct, surprise stream, or dedicated Smash Direct for each month. Go!

As for mine:

September: General Nintendo Direct. Smash reveals: Elma (immediately after Torna release trailer and/or X Switch Port announcement), quick Isabelle Echo announcement following the Animal Crossing Switch title announcement (title card only, no trailer), Bandana Waddle Dee (named Waddle Dee, shown off at the end). They’ll also in general discuss online.
October: Surprise stream - Neku reveal to tie in to TWEWY Final Remix release
November: 50 facts Smash dedicated Direct, GIANT blowout. Isaac, RH Rep, Ken, Incineroar, second Bandai Namco rep (probably Lloyd Irving). Spirits mode discussed. All Star mode, remaining ATs revealed and maybe some more bosses. Ends with WIP 3D models of Rex and Pyra and a title card saying “Rex & Pyra are on the way!!” revealing the start of the DLC Period. Rex & Pyra will be available from the eShop in February 2019.
God I need September to be that meaty.

I need BWD I need Elma and I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED Animal Crossing like really bad... I WANT TO CATCH BUGS AND FISH!!!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
The cat game looks cute as hell! Transistor and Bastion are 2 amazing games... if you never played them i really reccomend them!...

but then.... WHERE IS ULTIMATE CHICKEN HORSE?! :s
That cat does look interesting, Desert Child looks cool too.

As for Ultimate Chicken Horse, I've been waiting forever for that game to hit Switch. Did the creators die, trying to imitate the game play in real life or something?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
God I need September to be that meaty.

I need BWD I need Elma and I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED Animal Crossing like really bad... I WANT TO CATCH BUGS AND FISH!!!
I like the way you think :)

I got kinda bored with Pocket Camp after a few months tbh. The safari challenges felt kinda blah after a while, the catch success rate got worse for those, and I HATED the Gacha approach to special furniture.

Plus I really wanna get back to ACNL but circle pad is dead (thanks Kid Icarus Uprising) and I’m too broke to send it to Nintendo for repairs as it’s not under warranty RIP :c

D

Deleted member

Okay. I love Nintendo, but they can't keep ****-teasing me like this. I ACTUALLY thought for a moment my pipedream was actually gonna come true when I saw Smash on that news page and them saying "one more announcement." THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.

Everything else in that Nindies showcase was not bad, but uh... No Travis Strikes Again news?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I like the way you think :)

I got kinda bored with Pocket Camp after a few months tbh. The safari challenges felt kinda blah after a while, the catch success rate got worse for those, and I HATED the Gacha approach to special furniture.

Plus I really wanna get back to ACNL but circle pad is dead (thanks Kid Icarus Uprising) and I’m too broke to send it to Nintendo for repairs as it’s not under warranty RIP :c
I didn't even touch Pocket Camp. Sorry about your 3DS :urg: that sucks. KIU needs a sequel and or port.

And I can't go back to the 3DS, not for any good reason I just want HD experiences in bed with a cup of coffee. Simple desires.

20$ a year ain't no thang cuz I'm done with Sony and Microsoft, 60$ a year for what? Some stuff I can get on black Friday in the bargain for peanuts? No thanks.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
To be honest, if they add Dixie, Impa and Elma, the female representation of Nintendo heroines is just fine. If not perfect. I don't want them to add extra female characters just to have them represented. That IS a political statement.
All three are wanted mainly because recent games so while they'd be great (like Isabelle), I'm not holding my breath.

EDIT: If people can ask for villains just because, why not girls, too.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I want everyone to play a game.
Name your five favorite series in Smash and name a boss for them.

:ultmario:: Shadow Queen or Petey Piranha
:ultlink:: Bongo Bongo
:ultkirby:: Zero 2
:ultmarth:: Grima
:ultpikachu:: Mega Rayquaza
:ultmario:: Mr. L Dimentio (I want a Mr. L alt tbh)
:ultsnake:: Metal Gear Rex
:ultshulk:: Telethia the Endbringer
:ultkirby:: Zero Two or Queen Sectonia
:ultmarth:: King Garon

Honorable mentions: Safer Sephiroth (:ultcloud:), Deathborn (:ultfalcon:), Andross (:ultfox:)

D

Deleted member

No, it's literally not dude. If you think that, then it's as much of a political statement to add a male character for the sake of it but I don't see you going around screaming "muh representation" about those.

blackghost

Smash Champion
That's not realistic. No entirely new fighter has ever launched with more then 15 that I remember.
Injustice 1, mkx, mvc3. if you dont have the characters delay the game. especially if its a team game.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really think we have to get a general Direct next month. It'd be pretty dumb if they never went into detail about the online service.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
That cat does look interesting, Desert Child looks cool too.

As for Ultimate Chicken Horse, I've been waiting forever for that game to hit Switch. Did the creators die, trying to imitate the game play in real life or something?
at this point is a recurring meme on their blogs... they constantly blog about the switch development, and is constatly "almost done" until something else breaks somewhere else DX

D

Deleted member

I really think we have to get a general Direct next month. It'd be pretty dumb if they never went into detail about the online service.
While I am hopeful for a Direct next month, it's very possible they could do what they have been doing with the online announcements so far and just drop what's left to talk about it in press releases on their site and in Twitter updates.

I really, REALLY hope that's not the case, but it would fit in line with what they've already been doing. Plus, I don't think we're gonna hear about 2019 games until January. Nintendo's made themselves clear that they wanna focus on what's in 2018 right now, so I personally am not expecting anything big for the rest of the year. Maybe a late December Direct if we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom