• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hold on, remember all those leaks we got a while ago that took the forms of codes and riddles?
And now all these cryptic hints, including a yellow chair?

I think I know who our next echo fighter is.
YES, YES!

DAMN IT NOW I WANT THIS TO ACTUALLY BE REAL

Rumble for Smash, anyone?

I actually got into Gravity Falls very recently and have been wanting to make this joke since, but it never felt like the right time for it. Until now.
Excellent. You're getting into a fantastic show. I hope you enjoy what all later episodes have in store! (Assuming you haven't already caught up to the show from start to finish.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Excellent. You're getting into a fantastic show. I hope you enjoy what all later episodes have in store! (Assuming you haven't already caught up to the show from start to finish.)
Oh, I've already watched the whole thing already. And read Journal 3 and the Graphic Novel. And will be cosplaying Dipper and Mabel with my sister at a convention soon.

Speaking of which, that convention will also probably be my last time I ever playing Smash 4 in a somewhat competitive environment. For all its faults (and its lack of Ivysaur) I'm actually going to really miss that game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hold on, remember all those leaks we got a while ago that took the forms of codes and riddles?
And now all these cryptic hints, including a yellow chair?

I think I know who our next echo fighter is.

I actually got into Gravity Falls very recently and have been wanting to make this joke since, but it never felt like the right time for it. Until now.
Dipper and Mabel in Smash also...I still miss the show
YES, YES!

DAMN IT NOW I WANT THIS TO ACTUALLY BE REAL

Rumble for Smash, anyone?

I have noticed your Ducktales 2017 pfp...also an excellent show

D

Deleted member

Not sure if this has been shown here already, but I'll let you all make your choices first.
Bandanna Dee
Elma
Shantae
Skull kid
... Also my most wanted in that order post 8/8 (not counting my most wanted retro rep... sable prince.)

UltimateWario

Smash Master
What people don’t understand is that the furniture is all misdirection. The next revealed character will be Skull Kid, with new furniture “teasing” another character.

BUT it’s all to make us establish a pattern that Sakurai (because, as we all know, he makes these games alone in his basement and sells them to Nintendo for a pack of cigs) will break and surprise us all.

BUT THEN THAT is a fakeout too and the furniture pattern will be real!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh, I've already watched the whole thing already. And read Journal 3 and the Graphic Novel. And will be cosplaying Dipper and Mabel with my sister at a convention soon.

Speaking of which, that convention will also probably be my last time I ever playing Smash 4 in a somewhat competitive environment. For all its faults (and its lack of Ivysaur) I'm actually going to really miss that game.
Ah, nice stuff! The mysteries and characters are all great, right? For a long time now I've thought about doing a Dipper cosplay or costume at some point in my life (never have I ever cosplayed anything before) but I don't have a sister (or any siblings at all, actually) and I don't think it'd be quite as fun for me all on it's own.

On topic, yeah, Smash 4 honestly is a solid entry in the franchise, and more polished than Brawl. Hard to believe it's soon to be overtaken by Ultimate, a new Smash game after only four years.....

Dipper and Mabel in Smash also...I still miss the show

I have noticed your Ducktales 2017 pfp...also an excellent show
You and me both. It's my favorite show ever, and for good reason.

Thanks, btw! The reboot is pretty great. It's hit a few bumps here and there, but overall I can safely say I've loved it.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Any word on if a special edition for Smash Ultimate is coming to North America? Or is Nintendo of Europe just getting cooler stuff than us again?

I want to get the game digitally so that I never have to worry about having it in the system, but I'll have to get the special edition of they release it.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Smash Fan: "At least it's not another sword user."
You can’t be sure the furniture rep won’t be a sword user, TBH.
Slap City has an actual ruby that’s a sword user despite not having anything even vaguely resembling a limb to hold it with, so nothing is safe from that archetype

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You can’t be sure the furniture rep won’t be a sword user, TBH.
Slap City has an actual ruby that’s a sword user despite not having anything even vaguely resembling a limb to hold it with, so nothing is safe from that archetype
Typical Smash Fan: INTERNALLY SCREAMS

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Ah, nice stuff! The mysteries and characters are all great, right? For a long time now I've thought about doing a Dipper cosplay or costume at some point in my life (never have I ever cosplayed anything before) but I don't have a sister (or any siblings at all, actually) and I don't think it'd be quite as fun for me all on it's own.

On topic, yeah, Smash 4 honestly is a solid entry in the franchise, and more polished than Brawl. Hard to believe it's soon to be overtaken by Ultimate, a new Smash game after only four years.....

You and me both. It's my favorite show ever, and for good reason.

Thanks, btw! The reboot is pretty great. It's hit a few bumps here and there, but overall I can safely say I've loved it.
DuckTales?

Wambo

Smash Ace
Harassment, blackmail, infected users who don't show full support of Daisy with malware. I'm pretty sure he's done far more things I'm unaware of...
Just googled him. I can't tell if he's a troll or an incredibly unstable person, but jeez.

Sorry for the times my Geno insanity potentially reached his level.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Who is memoryman? This is the second time I've seen someone mention him.

........In all seriousness, the guy's got quite a rough history overall. So the most I know about the situation other than that, is that, as a result of whatever he did, not many people around this site like to talk about him. I do know some of the things he did happened on this same site, though I'm uncertain if we're allowed to go much into detail about that here, and I'm not fully aware of everything he's actually been confirmed to have done. So I'll leave it at that.

That being said, he's not immune to moving on. I believe he admitted on Twitter a while back that his obsessions and behavior were negatively affecting his life, so he decided to dial it all back, along with spending less time on the 'net and focusing more on his education and improving his life as a whole. So if nothing else, he's matured to a degree since his not fondly remembered past, and likely remains on the path to growing up now. I wasn't personally involved with anything he did, so perhaps it's not my place to say, but I may be willing to forgive and forget.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It hasn't even been two weeks since the last Direct. We're not in a drought.
It actually feels like we’re in a drought because of how they handle updates this time around.

Instead of the blog constantly providing new information l, they just give re-posts of things we already know of but with slightly new info sometimes sprinkled on, as a result things feel much slower than they did previously.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

This will actually be my first time ever actually doing a real cosplay myself. I've been too a few conventions before but my social anxiety always usually me from doing any cosplays even though my sister always tried to get me to. But this year I've decided I need to step outside of my comfort zone from time to time if I'm every going to deal with with my anxiousness. But uh, I feel like I'm getting this thread off topic. So ahem, back to Smash talk.

I really do love Smash 4, but after all we've seen of Ultimate, I just can't think of any reason to go back to it. It just seems to have built off everything good about Smash 4 while also doing its best to fix the all bad. The only thing Smash 4 has over 5 for me so far is that in 4, I have an excuse to use Mewtwo in competitive matches in that he covers Zard's bad matchups. But soon I'll have Squirtle to do that, so it'll be bittersweet.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Who is memoryman? This is the second time I've seen someone mention him.
Don’t get me started on him but also I’m not trying to be a backseater here but we should refrain from talking about him anyways since he’s Super-Banned on this site.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The Rayman trophy and Geno costume bother me more and more after I got my boy K.Rool.

Honestly, they and Banjo I could believe are the last big bullets in the chamber.

Commander Video was odd but that probably an assist.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
In the first month of me being on this site, everyone kept calling me the Yoshi equivalent of memoryman. I think people pulled back when they realized how silly that thought was...
Eh. You're much more harmless than memoryman.

Nothing wrong with liking a character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This will actually be my first time ever actually doing a real cosplay myself. I've been too a few conventions before but my social anxiety always usually me from doing any cosplays even though my sister always tried to get me to. But this year I've decided I need to step outside of my comfort zone from time to time if I'm every going to deal with with my anxiousness. But uh, I feel like I'm getting this thread off topic. So ahem, back to Smash talk.

I really do love Smash 4, but after all we've seen of Ultimate, I just can't think of any reason to go back to it. It just seems to have built off everything good about Smash 4 while also doing its best to fix the all bad. The only thing Smash 4 has over 5 for me so far is that in 4, I have an excuse to use Mewtwo in competitive matches in that he covers Zard's bad matchups. But soon I'll have Squirtle to do that, so it'll be bittersweet.
One of these days I oughta go to a convention and also a tournament myself.

The whole idea behind Ultimate makes the whole thing rather bittersweet. Perhaps more sweet than bitter, but even some of the character reveals have felt bittersweet in their own regard. Many fans of the characters they've clamored to see playable in Smash for so long have been saying this is the end of an era for their character and Smash speculation. I can definitely agree with that. It feels weird knowing we won't be talking about certain characters being able to get in or not and why, anymore.

I'll probably still play 4 from time to time, though maybe I shouldn't count on it yet. I haven't played Brawl since moving onto 4 much at all, usually only did so when a friend was over to play it, too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

........In all seriousness, the guy's got quite a rough history overall. So the most I know about the situation other than that, is that, as a result of whatever he did, not many people around this site like to talk about him. I do know some of the things he did happened on this same site, though I'm uncertain if we're allowed to go much into detail about that here, and I'm not fully aware of everything he's actually been confirmed to have done. So I'll leave it at that.

That being said, he's not immune to moving on. I believe he admitted on Twitter a while back that his obsessions and behavior were negatively affecting his life, so he decided to dial it all back, along with spending less time on the 'net and focusing more on his education and improving his life as a whole. So if nothing else, he's matured to a degree since his not fondly remembered past, and likely remains on the path to growing up now. I wasn't personally involved with anything he did, so perhaps it's not my place to say, but I may be willing to forgive and forget.
Yeah about that...

That was bs. Two weeks later he went on reset era flaming and just straight up trolling and being a dock, getting banned pretty quick all because of daisy arguments.

Unfortunately he kind of won in the end. This may sound wrong but I can’t be happy with daisy in smash because it means he wins and he destroyed that fanbase and it’s reputation.

Maybe in time I’ll play her as I use peach a lot but it’s going to sting.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'd like a Royal Rumble mode for Smash, tbh. That'd be cool. Start with 4 characters, players get eliminated and a new player has to take their place.

Shroob

Sup?
Really, my only problem with the blog this time is twofold:

1: They're giving about 3-4 days talking about Fighters that have had videos on the site since Day 1.

2: They're mainly only going over content that we've already seen in the Direct instead of stuff we haven't.

I know they're probably saving a lot of 'old' stuff to be shown off at a later date, but at the same time, if Ashley is any indication, Sakurai's not opposed to just throwing out old content there for us to see with little fanfare, so why not give us days of "Oh, here's this item returning!" or "Hey, this assist trophy is back!" instead of "Hey, remember that Direct you JUST watched?"

Honestly, at this point, the characters are the filler, which is something I never though I'd say.

I want to see Items/ATs/Pokemon, not characters who have been on the site since Day1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom