• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I wish rage just wasn't in period.

Now, we've gotta deal with the huge community split between rage-on and rage-off.

It's like TF2's random crits controversy except on a huge scale.
There may be a danger in too many options as the competitive community seems to do a good job beating itself over the head with such things.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For a change in topic since everyone seems to be back to discussion.

Ryu Hayabusa.

I don't see many people talk about like had in the past with Mega Man/Pac-Man/Simon. In fact, we talked about him less than even Heihachi Mishima. But he IS one of the few NES era characters that are "iconic" that aren't in the game in some form (R.I.P Bomberman). Other than Bill Rizer, who most people know as "Contra Man".

I'm pretty content with the roster as is. But if there's a bit more down the line, I think he's someone worth looking at.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ok. Sorry to the guy who came up with the numbers first, but the mode smashdown will have 2-4 people. so the final total may match where 2-3-4 intersect, being 84 more than likely.

So, I expect only 4 more newcomers, And the rest filling out with echos.
Newcomers -> 8 total (Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K Rool, Elma, Lloyd, Bandanna Dee, Geno)
Echos -> 17 total (Daisy, Dark Samus, Lucina, Chrom, Dark Pit, Richter, Black Shadow, Impa, Dixie Kong, Shadow, Isabelle, Doc Lewis, Medusa, Ms Pacman, Ken, Jeanne, Octoling)

Means nothing, but I made mocks showing it. Here they are.
People should think of their guesses also.

View attachment 156738
and
View attachment 156739
What if the mode let's you play with up to 8 players? I don't see why it wouldn't ...

You said it yourself last post, a single dlc character throws this out the window. I don't think it's an accurate way to predict the roster (and I think you know that). Even with all the echoes we got so far I think this would be way too many lol.

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
Something about that censored mode made me think, With Rathalos's assist trophy + boss package I wonder if more assist trophies are going to be featured in stuff outside of regular brawls.

I couldn't help but notice there's a lot more to assist trophies this game in particular, not only can you K.O. them but grab them too? That's a lot of effort put into them oddly! But also only some of them?

Like imagine if the mode gave you a Kirby-esque mode where you choose your fighter, but maybe through unlocks you get to choose from a bunch of assist trophies to be your "buddy" character that follows you around and attacks with you.

Honestly anything really, tbh I'm hoping for some event matches where you get to control an assist trophy or two and you have to fight full on Smash Fighters

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Time for another session. No fanfare this time.
Okay, so, let's see if you guys know which of these are true.
>Just like the Menu in My Music, the training mode stage will be accessible in the training mode only, but you can still access other stages.
>Mii Fighters can still be customized, but only gear, voices, classes, names, and the Mii itself can be customized.
>There WILL be a new Kirby character.
>Wolf's FS is the same as the other spacies, just with Wolf's ships.
>There will be at least 2 or more tracks from Kirby Star Allies, Mario Odyssey, Captain Toad, Splatoon 2, and Mega Man 11.
>BOTH of Pichu's Melee Taunts are back.
>Stage Builder will be in the game.
>Off the Hook, Ruined Dragon, and the Jambastion Mages are all trophies.
>The menu themes for Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, as well as the trophy shop theme, the album theme, and the test area theme, plus the extended alternate menu theme will all be used in the menu.
>A Rhythm Heaven representative will be revealed later.
>Pokefloats will return as a bonus stage, coming in a free update releasing...I don't know.
>All-Star, Multi Man Smash, HRC, and Target Test all return.
>Peach, Daisy, and Yoshi all have new Final Smashes.
>Alternate costumes will be more common when selecting random.
>bayo nerf
>There will be a new way to easily get trophies.
>The game will be rated T.
>For Glory's back.
>The Fan, Red Shell, Egg, and Cracker Launcher all return, including a majority of returning Brawl and SSB4 Assists.
>Photos taken will be saved to the game's album, not the system's.
>Mario and Bowser will, once again star in the How To Play video.
>New chants.
>The SSB4 results screen theme is a placeholder.
>Just like in previous installments, you may adjust your HP in stamina mode. Like Brawl, you may choose 1 HP.
>On a related note, 999% will be selectable in the handicap section.
>Snake's butt and ZSS's breasts will be increased by an eighth.
>Menu sounds can be heard, in the voices section, for some reason.
Hope you enjoyed. Go nuts.

I don't know about you guys, but the Cracker Launcher coming back would be great. I loved that item, and sorely missed it in Sm4sh.
Fighter 69. He's going to be revealed in October. If you're wondering why things have been so quiet on Travis Strikes Again since it was shown back at PAX despite being a small title that's been in development for a couple of years, this is why. The game is one big thinly veiled marketing experiment (story is about crossing over with video games) and is going to be stealth released after his Smash reveal.

Travis as Fighter 69?
I'm making this short and sweet Vergeben has done a fantastic job on the roster so far but he hasn't "leaked" to all you guys the biggest surprise that is "bound to come" according to my sources, a fighter that we will be seeing is Son Goku it your choice to believe me or not but I will always come back with I told you so. While I'm at it I might aswell just say that Isabell is NOT going to be an echo of villager and that shadow is going to be a newcomer 100% whether he is an echo or not I do not know. Time will tell.

Standard fare. Take a meme:
YOU THOUGHT THERE'D BE A MEME BUT THERE ISN'T ONE HERE
kek.jpg
Green Mode is supposedly called Spirits and is the spiritual sequel to subspace emissary. There are less cutscenes but more gameplay.

The features on the ZR panel are the ability to message opponents you face, quickly access settings, set a profile picture to display against your online friends and matches, quickly access the home menu, and play wireless local play swiftly. The censored feature on the panel is actually another way to access spirits.

Board the Platforms and Target smash both make a return.

There are 11 more characters left to be revealed (including echoes)
-Geno
-Skull Kid
-A Pokemon rep that is still being created
-Chibi Robo
-Galacta Knight (Dual Echo)
-Shadow (Echo)
-Isabelle (Echo)
-Impa (Echo?)
-Ken (Echo)
-Funky Kong (Echo?)
-Black Shadow (Echo)

Any other posts in this thread claiming to be me are fake. As soon as I have new knowledge I'll make a response

Regular stuff. No memes here.
Hello. I have some news leak about Smash.

- There's a Story Mode named "Spirits Mode". You can unlock characters in this mode by "release spirits" of characters.
- This game mode contains cinematics, and is similar to Subspace Emissary.
- The first cinematic is the Rildey's cinematic from the E3. After that, there's a boss fight against Ridley, in which we play as Samus. Then, she release Mario's spirit (who "died" against Ridley). But Mega Man ("died" too) is not there, and he got released by an unknow character.
- I don't know anything more about this mode, but I know that there are many choices and the first is to choose between Mario / Samus or Mega Man / Unknow Character.
- All that will be announced in a Direct, October 11th.

Sounds like a regular interpretation of what we think Spirits Mode is.
Hello I am working in the promotional district for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

We have been working on promo art and new trailers in the district.

The characters who have yet to be revealed will be added on to the "Everyone Is Here" art piece just like Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and King K. Rool were today.

The starting roster for this game is 70. This is final at the moment. Only one DLC character is currently planned and we've just began work on his promotional art.

Last game's smash ballot was followed for this game's newcomers. They are based mostly off of that ballot.

The final characters to be revealed before December are the following:

- 45e: Isabelle (Villager Clone)
- 68: Gardevoir (A new Pokemon Rep)
- 68e: Gothitelle (Gardevoir's Echo Fighter)
- 69: Paper Mario (Due to high request on ballot)
- 70: Geno (Again due to high request on Ballot)

Geno will be the final character announced before the game's release.

The only planned DLC character is currently Kingdom Heart's Sora. From what I hear the team is hoping to push him out sometime in January. I have not seen any of Sora's moveset, as we have not started on the trailer or been sent any footage for it. I only know he will be based off of his Kingdom Hearts 1 appearance, as that is what we are working with in the promotional district.

Gardevoir and Gothitelle coming out of the woodwork after the July 1st Richter leak amuses me. Also, KH1 Sora is inherently inferior to KH2 or KH3 Sora. But KH1 Sora is better than no Sora I guess.
My sources who have inside information on the upcoming smash bros are telling me that plans for the next character reveal have already started and will be done by the Nintendo direct coming around late September. The characters who will be revealed in September's direct are code named ''Shooter" and "Assassin". If you ask me I think shooter is referring to Doom guy from Doom because of the guns and various weapons he wields and assassin could be Travis Touchdown from the No More Heroes games because in the games he appears in he is usually an assassin. I know putting this info out on the net could be a bad idea but yet again this COULD be fake, i'm not saying it is but yet again you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Standard vague "leak." I've got nothing.
Hey /v/, you don't have to believe this, but I have figured out the last four characters to be revealed in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I'm not going to bull**** you and say "My dad/uncle/mom's boyfriend works for Nintendo!" or anything like that, I am just going to offer up some cold, hard facts here.

Sakurai has stated not to expect that many newcomers, correct? As it stands, we have 8 newcomers (4 OG Characters/4 Echoes) and the least amount of newcomers we have ever received was 14 (64 -> Melee), so it is safe to assume we will get less characters than that number. 12 is a good guess; it also brings the character count to 77 in total, with the "Random" button acting as another slot to even out the number of selectable icons.

Now, for those characters. Note: There will be two more echoes and two more original characters.

>Ken
Arguably as iconic as Ryu, Ken is the epitome of an echo character, especially when using his Street Fighter II appearance, his most recognizable look. He would basically be just like Ryu in his move set but with a fire effect added to his attacks and slightly different frame data.

>Shadow
He will be like Chrom in a sense, being a mix up of other character, being more of a Frankenstein's monster than a straight up Echo. His A attacks will be just like Sonic's but his B's will be slightly different. His B & Side B are the same as Sonic's, but his Up B is identical to Mewtwo's while his Down B is literally the same as Bayonetta's. His running animation will be him using his Air Shoes, floating slightly off the ground.

Now, for the original characters:

>Heihachi
Sakurai has stated his desire to originally have Heihachi in the game, but did not have time to do so/Pac-Man took priority due to Heihachi's moveset being hard to implement in the time he had. He is incredibly iconic as the 8/8 banner on the EVO Stage during the Tekken 7 tournament is no coincidence.

>Incineroar
The most popular starter of Gen 7. Sakurai was given a few options, much like how he was given a few choices for Gen 6, and he will choose Incineroar due to the popularity of the "heel" archetype, as well as a wrestling figure. His prominence in the anime and films is also very notable, just as Greninja was prominent during the development of Smash 4.

You can choose to believe this or not, but my deduction is sound. I will see you all on launch day.

Who said that if they had legitimate information they'd reverse leak it and make it sound like pure deduction? Because this is exactly that.
So I’m not quite sure how to start this, but I’m fed up with Nintendo and want to create some chaos, so I’ll just jump right in.

The green mode on the just released menu screen of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is, in fact, a story mode. While many believe the censored text to read “Spirits,” it actually says “Subspace”.

The plot of this story mode is a sequel to The Subspace Emissary. (Unfortunately, I’m unable to share to many details because I‘d rather not have to look for a job that pays this well.) After defeating Taboo, the heroes all return to their own lives (More or less).
The universe The Subspace Emissary took place in is home to Nintendo characters only, but the borders between Nintendo’s universe and others (third party universes) is now weakened because of Taboo hence Sonic and Snake having appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The story is focused in Nintendo’s world, but occasionally shares the spotlight elsewhere (Dracula’s Castle in the Castlevania Universe for instance). When worlds collide (quite literally now), many characters are displaced from their respective universes.

Each character reveal cinematic we have released is a cutscene from Subspace. Some reveals are bits from different cutscenes such as in the most recent direct: Vampire Killer leads to Simon rescuing Luigi from Death after being displaced into Belmont’s universe, but the trailer in which Richter appears takes place after fighting Death when Simon and Luigi challenge Dracula. Richter steps in, and the three defeat Dracula together.

There’s also a single scene in the E3 direct that shows PoR Ike staring at the camera. It was short, but it wasn’t gameplay footage like the other character shots.

Other scenes such as The Rivals, A Puercing Screech, and Rathalos appearance are also from the story.

I know I could’ve shared a bit more information, but as much as I want to irk my bosses, I still believe somethings are better off as surprises.

More "leaks" about the potential Spirits mode, this time making it out to be Subspace, which it very well could be I guess.
I wanted to share the missing information with you all that I got for the game's final characters.

2 out of the 7 newcomers are already confirmed and here are the final ones.

- K Rool (already confirmed)
- Simon Belmont (already confirmed)
- Isaac (is on his way)
- Monster Hunter (is still in development which is the reason why he wasn't confirmed today)
- Terra from the Final Fantasy Series
- Another Bandai Namco character
- Prince Sable from "For the Frog the Bell Tolls"

Coming to the Echo Fighter there are people who didn't understand the system behind my information. The 2 "X" that were left were indeed Dark Samus und Richter. It was the amount of characters I got information on for the time being. And I didn't include characters like Inkling,Ridley and Daisy since they were already officially confirmed at that point. Since people doubted it I only wanted to share information again when some of the characters I called were finally confirmed.
There will be no more "X" this time since I wanted to make sure that everyone is named.

With that said there will indeed be more Echo Fighters than I anticipated before.

- Chrom based on Roy (already confirmed)
- Soren based on Robin (still on his way)
- Dark Samus based on Samus (already confirmed)
- Richter based on Simon (already confirmed)
- Ken based on Ryu (still on his way)
- Shadow the Hedgehog based on Sonic (still on his way)
- Felix based on Isaac(will be revealed together with Isaac like Simon was with Richter)
- Isabelle based on Villager (still on her way)
- Galacta Knight based on Meta Knight (still on his way)

As for the Bandai Namco character, it's the only one left I don't know about. I will update it if I get my hands on that information.
That's it for the main roster. I don't know if there are any plans for DLC but since Super Smash Bros for the Wii U had DLC you can most likely expect it here as well.

This post will be deleted soon as well. And again, take it or leave it.

A continuation of the previously posted NeoGAF leak, this time with all of the characters filled in. Terra would be a refreshing Square Enix character, and I'd love to see Prince Sable revealed, if only for BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's reaction. Soren based off of Robin makes little sense, but I guess they could replace it with a staff. That'd be pretty funny, as we could recreate a scene similar to this:
You can't tell me it wouldn't be funny to beat the **** out of someone with a healing staff.

Also there's been talk of loz18 being Ninteninja'd after "leaking" Skull Kid. Skull Kid could potentially be "leaker" bait meant to smoke out wannabe leakers. Hype responsibly everyone.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Ryu Hayabusa.

I don't see many people talk about like had in the past with Mega Man/Pac-Man/Simon. In fact, we talked about him less than even Heihachi Mishima. But he IS one of the few NES era characters that are "iconic" that aren't in the game in some form (R.I.P Bomberman). Other than Bill Rizer, who most people know as "Contra Man".

I'm pretty content with the roster as is. But if there's a bit more down the line, I think he's someone worth looking at.
I think he has a decent shot at DLC.

Tecmo and Nintendo have a pretty solid relationship so it's not like there'd be any bad blood. But considering how many characters we might get this time around, I'm not expecting him on the base roster.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

Ryu Hayabusa.

I'm honestly 100% on board, but mostly if he's like the Xbox Ryu... I would love that

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Ryu Hayabusa.

We've talked about him before. I think the current consensus is that he's locked away in Dead or Alive but time will tell. If you want an alternative, there was a Capcom equivalent on NES and sega but lets not worry about that.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What if the mode let's you play with up to 8 players? I don't see why it wouldn't ...

You said it yourself last post, a single dlc character throws this out the window. I don't think it's an accurate way to predict the roster (and I think you know that). Even with all the echoes we got so far I think this would be way too many lol.
Will not argue with that at all.
For newcomers, I am determined to believe 4. because I really like my compressed picture. As for echos. up in the air.
For all we know, it lasts until the number of fighters is to low. for the matches to continue.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It will always be fox only, no items, final destination. It is as boring as it gets and is a sham.
Eh old memes are old.

In general I have my criticisms of the Smash Competitive scene like I have with the competitive scene in most things. I have unique viewpoints with the Smash Competitive scene because it contains some elements that don't exist in other situations due the way Smash as been designed in the past.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So, guys, be honest, do you think Bandana Dee is likely?

I think this game just screams fanservice, and Bandana Dee is a popular request, but I don't know.
I'm having Vietnam flashbacks from Smash 4 speculation.

I definitely think he will at least have a trophy tho, unlike in Smash 4 lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
True men will Stage Morph between Omega Battlefield and Battlefield Final Destination or morph between Battlefield and Battlefield Big Battlefield.

Iridium

Smash Hero

If people want to see what Richter contributed, to his and Simons moveset, I made this.
Ah, so it was you who I found on Reddit (well, the video at least).

Anyway, that is some weird voice acting and cheesy lines in this game.

Starry

Smash Rookie

I think this game just screams fanservice, and Bandana Dee is a popular request, but I don't know.

I think he has a good chance personally! then again I also thought that Ashley had a good chance but she got deconfirmed in the direct ;-;

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Eh old memes are old.

In general I have my criticisms of the Smash Competitive scene like I have with the competitive scene in most things. I have unique viewpoints with the Smash Competitive scene because it contains some elements that don't exist in other situations due the way Smash as been designed in the past.
Still stands though. Being against absoutely everything and even the central mission of the game shows an unwillingness to adapt. No random is fair, but scoffing at everything else is just silly.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Metal Sonic will not be playable. Shadow is the better choice for Echo and no way both Metal Sonic and Shadow are fighters.
And with the many different characters to echo, it doesn’t seem that he would opt for Shadow. I mean they added in Knuckles as an AT because he was hella popular.
Why wouldn't he? Shadow is pretty popular and other than Impa (Sheik) and Dixie (Diddy), there's not many potential echoes that I feel are better choices than Shadow.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
My speculation
September 19 or November 11 we will have another Smash Direct
This direct will start with Sakurai showing more AT, we will get a lot of disconfirmation of characters like Dillon and Capt Toad
I think at this point they will show all the returning AT
then the scene will go to Sonic and Knuckles... and suddenly Shadow appears as a Sonic echo
after this we will get a comment about how some AT are missing
in Smash ville Stage we will see villager being villager, then Isabelle will appear! She will be more or less a semi clone, her's moves will be heavily inspired by villager, but unique enough to be a fighter itself.
Then we will have a cutscene, seems like a rooftop of a tower, we will hear a evil playful laugh, young link will appear, then after him Skull Kid his moveset will be based in Majoras mask's masks and his final Smash will be Majoras wrath dragging the moon down, we will have young link final smash here too, will be a ultimate Fierce deity Slash.
Then we will go to a Final Smash sequence where we will see Luigi's Daisy's Peach's and Robin's new final smash the latter one becoming Grima himself and firing a dark energy blast on the Stage.
One final announcement will happen, will be in something like a top of a tower, Link will be Fighting something, when a flame atack similar to a Dragon would hit him a gently "magic" hand will make him dodge, then we will see Isaac making his way to Smash, the stage will be Venus Lighthouse with Saturus being it boss, and when Isaac itself was about to be defeated Felix appears as his echo to protect him(like Richter and Simon).
After this will be revealed some new modes and the direct will end with a doll-like sound

Noipoi

Howdy!

I'm predicting like, 8 characters.
Bandanna Dee is one of those characters.
Though if he doesn't get in he's 100% an Assist Trophy.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Still stands though. Being against absoutely everything and even the central mission of the game shows an unwillingness to adapt. No random is fair, but scoffing at everything else is just silly.
Stage Morph could be a great mix-up tool, if used sparingly. You could have both players in a 1v1 pick a stage.

I thought Ashley was likely, and then the Direct happened.

I think Bandana Dee is the most likely out of all the Kirby characters; it's increasing presence in the Kirby games is something.

Shroob

Sup?
Time for another session. No fanfare this time.
Okay, so, let's see if you guys know which of these are true.
>Just like the Menu in My Music, the training mode stage will be accessible in the training mode only, but you can still access other stages.
>Mii Fighters can still be customized, but only gear, voices, classes, names, and the Mii itself can be customized.
>There WILL be a new Kirby character.
>Wolf's FS is the same as the other spacies, just with Wolf's ships.
>There will be at least 2 or more tracks from Kirby Star Allies, Mario Odyssey, Captain Toad, Splatoon 2, and Mega Man 11.
>BOTH of Pichu's Melee Taunts are back.
>Stage Builder will be in the game.
>Off the Hook, Ruined Dragon, and the Jambastion Mages are all trophies.
>The menu themes for Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, as well as the trophy shop theme, the album theme, and the test area theme, plus the extended alternate menu theme will all be used in the menu.
>A Rhythm Heaven representative will be revealed later.
>Pokefloats will return as a bonus stage, coming in a free update releasing...I don't know.
>All-Star, Multi Man Smash, HRC, and Target Test all return.
>Peach, Daisy, and Yoshi all have new Final Smashes.
>Alternate costumes will be more common when selecting random.
>bayo nerf
>There will be a new way to easily get trophies.
>The game will be rated T.
>For Glory's back.
>The Fan, Red Shell, Egg, and Cracker Launcher all return, including a majority of returning Brawl and SSB4 Assists.
>Photos taken will be saved to the game's album, not the system's.
>Mario and Bowser will, once again star in the How To Play video.
>New chants.
>The SSB4 results screen theme is a placeholder.
>Just like in previous installments, you may adjust your HP in stamina mode. Like Brawl, you may choose 1 HP.
>On a related note, 999% will be selectable in the handicap section.
>Snake's butt and ZSS's breasts will be increased by an eighth.
>Menu sounds can be heard, in the voices section, for some reason.
Hope you enjoyed. Go nuts.

I don't know about you guys, but the Cracker Launcher coming back would be great. I loved that item, and sorely missed it in Sm4sh.
Fighter 69. He's going to be revealed in October. If you're wondering why things have been so quiet on Travis Strikes Again since it was shown back at PAX despite being a small title that's been in development for a couple of years, this is why. The game is one big thinly veiled marketing experiment (story is about crossing over with video games) and is going to be stealth released after his Smash reveal.

Travis as Fighter 69?
I'm making this short and sweet Vergeben has done a fantastic job on the roster so far but he hasn't "leaked" to all you guys the biggest surprise that is "bound to come" according to my sources, a fighter that we will be seeing is Son Goku it your choice to believe me or not but I will always come back with I told you so. While I'm at it I might aswell just say that Isabell is NOT going to be an echo of villager and that shadow is going to be a newcomer 100% whether he is an echo or not I do not know. Time will tell.

Standard fare. Take a meme:
YOU THOUGHT THERE'D BE A MEME BUT THERE ISN'T ONE HERE
View attachment 156733
Green Mode is supposedly called Spirits and is the spiritual sequel to subspace emissary. There are less cutscenes but more gameplay.

The features on the ZR panel are the ability to message opponents you face, quickly access settings, set a profile picture to display against your online friends and matches, quickly access the home menu, and play wireless local play swiftly. The censored feature on the panel is actually another way to access spirits.

Board the Platforms and Target smash both make a return.

There are 11 more characters left to be revealed (including echoes)
-Geno
-Skull Kid
-A Pokemon rep that is still being created
-Chibi Robo
-Galacta Knight (Dual Echo)
-Shadow (Echo)
-Isabelle (Echo)
-Impa (Echo?)
-Ken (Echo)
-Funky Kong (Echo?)
-Black Shadow (Echo)

Any other posts in this thread claiming to be me are fake. As soon as I have new knowledge I'll make a response

Regular stuff. No memes here.
Hello. I have some news leak about Smash.

- There's a Story Mode named "Spirits Mode". You can unlock characters in this mode by "release spirits" of characters.
- This game mode contains cinematics, and is similar to Subspace Emissary.
- The first cinematic is the Rildey's cinematic from the E3. After that, there's a boss fight against Ridley, in which we play as Samus. Then, she release Mario's spirit (who "died" against Ridley). But Mega Man ("died" too) is not there, and he got released by an unknow character.
- I don't know anything more about this mode, but I know that there are many choices and the first is to choose between Mario / Samus or Mega Man / Unknow Character.
- All that will be announced in a Direct, October 11th.

Sounds like a regular interpretation of what we think Spirits Mode is.
Hello I am working in the promotional district for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

We have been working on promo art and new trailers in the district.

The characters who have yet to be revealed will be added on to the "Everyone Is Here" art piece just like Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and King K. Rool were today.

The starting roster for this game is 70. This is final at the moment. Only one DLC character is currently planned and we've just began work on his promotional art.

Last game's smash ballot was followed for this game's newcomers. They are based mostly off of that ballot.

The final characters to be revealed before December are the following:

- 45e: Isabelle (Villager Clone)
- 68: Gardevoir (A new Pokemon Rep)
- 68e: Gothitelle (Gardevoir's Echo Fighter)
- 69: Paper Mario (Due to high request on ballot)
- 70: Geno (Again due to high request on Ballot)

Geno will be the final character announced before the game's release.

The only planned DLC character is currently Kingdom Heart's Sora. From what I hear the team is hoping to push him out sometime in January. I have not seen any of Sora's moveset, as we have not started on the trailer or been sent any footage for it. I only know he will be based off of his Kingdom Hearts 1 appearance, as that is what we are working with in the promotional district.

Gardevoir and Gothitelle coming out of the woodwork after the July 1st Richter leak amuses me. Also, KH1 Sora is inherently inferior to KH2 or KH3 Sora. But KH1 Sora is better than no Sora I guess.
My sources who have inside information on the upcoming smash bros are telling me that plans for the next character reveal have already started and will be done by the Nintendo direct coming around late September. The characters who will be revealed in September's direct are code named ''Shooter" and "Assassin". If you ask me I think shooter is referring to Doom guy from Doom because of the guns and various weapons he wields and assassin could be Travis Touchdown from the No More Heroes games because in the games he appears in he is usually an assassin. I know putting this info out on the net could be a bad idea but yet again this COULD be fake, i'm not saying it is but yet again you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

Standard vague "leak." I've got nothing.
Hey /v/, you don't have to believe this, but I have figured out the last four characters to be revealed in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I'm not going to bull**** you and say "My dad/uncle/mom's boyfriend works for Nintendo!" or anything like that, I am just going to offer up some cold, hard facts here.

Sakurai has stated not to expect that many newcomers, correct? As it stands, we have 8 newcomers (4 OG Characters/4 Echoes) and the least amount of newcomers we have ever received was 14 (64 -> Melee), so it is safe to assume we will get less characters than that number. 12 is a good guess; it also brings the character count to 77 in total, with the "Random" button acting as another slot to even out the number of selectable icons.

Now, for those characters. Note: There will be two more echoes and two more original characters.

>Ken
Arguably as iconic as Ryu, Ken is the epitome of an echo character, especially when using his Street Fighter II appearance, his most recognizable look. He would basically be just like Ryu in his move set but with a fire effect added to his attacks and slightly different frame data.

>Shadow
He will be like Chrom in a sense, being a mix up of other character, being more of a Frankenstein's monster than a straight up Echo. His A attacks will be just like Sonic's but his B's will be slightly different. His B & Side B are the same as Sonic's, but his Up B is identical to Mewtwo's while his Down B is literally the same as Bayonetta's. His running animation will be him using his Air Shoes, floating slightly off the ground.

Now, for the original characters:

>Heihachi
Sakurai has stated his desire to originally have Heihachi in the game, but did not have time to do so/Pac-Man took priority due to Heihachi's moveset being hard to implement in the time he had. He is incredibly iconic as the 8/8 banner on the EVO Stage during the Tekken 7 tournament is no coincidence.

>Incineroar
The most popular starter of Gen 7. Sakurai was given a few options, much like how he was given a few choices for Gen 6, and he will choose Incineroar due to the popularity of the "heel" archetype, as well as a wrestling figure. His prominence in the anime and films is also very notable, just as Greninja was prominent during the development of Smash 4.

You can choose to believe this or not, but my deduction is sound. I will see you all on launch day.

Who said that if they had legitimate information they'd reverse leak it and make it sound like pure deduction? Because this is exactly that.
So I’m not quite sure how to start this, but I’m fed up with Nintendo and want to create some chaos, so I’ll just jump right in.

The green mode on the just released menu screen of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is, in fact, a story mode. While many believe the censored text to read “Spirits,” it actually says “Subspace”.

The plot of this story mode is a sequel to The Subspace Emissary. (Unfortunately, I’m unable to share to many details because I‘d rather not have to look for a job that pays this well.) After defeating Taboo, the heroes all return to their own lives (More or less).
The universe The Subspace Emissary took place in is home to Nintendo characters only, but the borders between Nintendo’s universe and others (third party universes) is now weakened because of Taboo hence Sonic and Snake having appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The story is focused in Nintendo’s world, but occasionally shares the spotlight elsewhere (Dracula’s Castle in the Castlevania Universe for instance). When worlds collide (quite literally now), many characters are displaced from their respective universes.

Each character reveal cinematic we have released is a cutscene from Subspace. Some reveals are bits from different cutscenes such as in the most recent direct: Vampire Killer leads to Simon rescuing Luigi from Death after being displaced into Belmont’s universe, but the trailer in which Richter appears takes place after fighting Death when Simon and Luigi challenge Dracula. Richter steps in, and the three defeat Dracula together.

There’s also a single scene in the E3 direct that shows PoR Ike staring at the camera. It was short, but it wasn’t gameplay footage like the other character shots.

Other scenes such as The Rivals, A Puercing Screech, and Rathalos appearance are also from the story.

I know I could’ve shared a bit more information, but as much as I want to irk my bosses, I still believe somethings are better off as surprises.

More "leaks" about the potential Spirits mode, this time making it out to be Subspace, which it very well could be I guess.
I wanted to share the missing information with you all that I got for the game's final characters.

2 out of the 7 newcomers are already confirmed and here are the final ones.

- K Rool (already confirmed)
- Simon Belmont (already confirmed)
- Isaac (is on his way)
- Monster Hunter (is still in development which is the reason why he wasn't confirmed today)
- Terra from the Final Fantasy Series
- Another Bandai Namco character
- Prince Sable from "For the Frog the Bell Tolls"

Coming to the Echo Fighter there are people who didn't understand the system behind my information. The 2 "X" that were left were indeed Dark Samus und Richter. It was the amount of characters I got information on for the time being. And I didn't include characters like Inkling,Ridley and Daisy since they were already officially confirmed at that point. Since people doubted it I only wanted to share information again when some of the characters I called were finally confirmed.
There will be no more "X" this time since I wanted to make sure that everyone is named.

With that said there will indeed be more Echo Fighters than I anticipated before.

- Chrom based on Roy (already confirmed)
- Soren based on Robin (still on his way)
- Dark Samus based on Samus (already confirmed)
- Richter based on Simon (already confirmed)
- Ken based on Ryu (still on his way)
- Shadow the Hedgehog based on Sonic (still on his way)
- Felix based on Isaac(will be revealed together with Isaac like Simon was with Richter)
- Isabelle based on Villager (still on her way)
- Galacta Knight based on Meta Knight (still on his way)

As for the Bandai Namco character, it's the only one left I don't know about. I will update it if I get my hands on that information.
That's it for the main roster. I don't know if there are any plans for DLC but since Super Smash Bros for the Wii U had DLC you can most likely expect it here as well.

This post will be deleted soon as well. And again, take it or leave it.

A continuation of the previously posted NeoGAF leak, this time with all of the characters filled in. Terra would be a refreshing Square Enix character, and I'd love to see Prince Sable revealed, if only for BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 's reaction. Soren based off of Robin makes little sense, but I guess they could replace it with a staff. That'd be pretty funny, as we could recreate a scene similar to this:
You can't tell me it wouldn't be funny to beat the **** out of someone with a healing staff.

Also there's been talk of loz18 being Ninteninja'd after "leaking" Skull Kid. Skull Kid could potentially be "leaker" bait meant to smoke out wannabe leakers. Hype responsibly everyone.
If that's the case, which I don't even know, then that would mean that Verg's the one true prophet, and Loz has been the Deceiver this entire time?

:BigThink:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We've talked about him before. I think the current consensus is that he's locked away in Dead or Alive but time will tell. If you want an alternative, there was a Capcom equivalent on NES and sega but lets not worry about that.

Strider would be pretty sick. I actually like him a bit more. But Hayabusa might be more well known I think. He's the go-to Video game ninja.

I'm honestly 100% on board, but mostly if he's like the Xbox Ryu... I would love that
I have a feeling, IF he ever made it, he'd have both designs. The 3D games usually let you wear a classic costume too if I'm not mistaken, I know the first one starts you out with it at least.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Galactia Knight as a Meta Knight Echo is likely. Not too sure about Bandana Dee honestly.

Impa seems like one of the most obvious Echoes now as well tho.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315

I'm having flashbacks from Smash 4 speculation.

Nah, sadly he's kinda seen as a Durag Goomba. It would be more likely for Marx to get in over him, however I do think he may be an assist trophy.

Also I think a lot of people overestimate the whole Assist trophy to Character thing, because in reality Little Mac got into Smash 4 because Punch Out Wii was a thing, not the opposite. So, I'm assuming that Ashley, Waluigi, Goroh, and Maybe Issac will stay locked away. We have seen trophies to characters though...

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Stage Morph could be a great mix-up tool, if used sparingly. You could have both players in a 1v1 pick a stage.

I thought Ashley was likely, and then the Direct happened.

I think Bandana Dee is the most likely out of all the Kirby characters; it's increasing presence in the Kirby games is something.
I like the idea of stage morphing. But someone was talking about cutting the legal stages to 10 or so. Which I hope is not true,

D

Deleted member

I personally think ballot winners or close to winners are going to get picked.
I think Geno is very likely.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Strider would be pretty sick. I actually like him a bit more. But Hayabusa might be more well known I think. He's the go-to Video game ninja.

I have a feeling, IF he ever made it, he'd have both designs. The 3D games usually let you wear a classic costume too if I'm not mistaken, I know the first one starts you out with it at least.

I think differently. I don't see a Kojima Simon in Simon, I think they're tying to stick with any Nintendo game designs if they can.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know, as much as I appreciate Squad Strike, Stage Morph, Stage Hazards Switch, and Final Smash Meters, we're still missing something big.

TILTING THE MENU WITH THE C-STICK

But seriously though, when is it going to be announced?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom