• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
My hype is dying. Never played Castlevania, I hate Incenaroar and I need King K. Rool and Dixie Kong.
i have the perfect antidote for your illness... play a castlevania :p... besides if you like donkey kong i assume you like slightly hard plataformers.

thatbeing said... the no KRool stuff seems to be fake anyways....

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Please just write out any swear word normally. The censors will catch it on their own.
****. I shouldn't have woke up for a snack.

Last edited by a moderator:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You can't know something isn't in unless you know everything that is.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Vergeben isn't claiming there's no DK newcomers, he outright said he only heard it from Lupensko and thinks it's bull**** because Lupensko apparently likes to throw in fake/assumed things with his real stuff, and he hasn't heard any corroboration on that claim from anyone else.
This.
If anything, it’s going to be a really hard pill to swallow to people who wanted Decidueye, Mimikyu, or Lycanroc. Hopefully the Pokémon we get (most likely Incineroar) plays in a really fun way.

Enchess

Smash Lord
i have the perfect antidote for your illness... play a castlevania :p... besides if you like donkey kong i assume you like slightly hard plataformers.

thatbeing said... the no KRool stuff seems to be fake anyways....
As a fan of both series, DKC love is a terrible predictor of Castlevania love...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
To blow off a little bit of steam from this whole Castlevania debacle, let's take a step back in time with an age-old question... do you recall anybody of note who was particularly salty over previous Smash games? I can remember one user in particular who I think may have been the saltiest of all.
Looking back on this (and recalling his alternate name, which I shall not do due to respecting his personal space (you might be able to remember it, though)), I wonder what he's been doing, now that Bayo and Ridley's inclusions and the fact that everyone's back have almost completely defenestrated this mindset of "Sakurai Bias" from the top floor of the Burj Khalifa.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I kinda know the feeling.

Simon is like Icing on the cake, but if that cake is gross it doesn't mean a thing.

I only REALLY got excited over Ridley, and I have a feeling that's all I'll get.

Isabelle and Incineroar are next, and neither are an option I like.
I kind of think Isabelle will be an an echo revealed in this direct.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Hey, if we're getting more than 8 costumes, bring 'em on. I used to favor an Argonian back in Morrowind, but I always end up back at a Bosmer. Skyrim's really making me reconsider Nords and Orcs though...

---

Ok, so assuming the boards actually decide to let us post, here's another tier list game we can play... 10 characters you want, divided into tiers based on how much they'd hype you:

S Tier - One character that would hype you so much you'll never ask Sakurai for anything again.
A Tier - Two characters
B Tier - Three characters
C Tier - Four characters who may not really hype you much individually, but you'd still love to see.

For me
S - Dovahkiin
A - K.Rool, Urbosa
B - Tails, Ivy (Soul Calibur), Spring Man
C - Buzzwole, Isabelle, Skull Kid, Nightmare (Soul Calibur)

Good luck everyone - Hope you all get to see your S-Tier in game!
S - Joker
A - Sora, Simon Belmont
B - Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (as a Duo), Lip, Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
C - Ashley, Elma/Rex & Pyra, Bandana Dee, Chorus Kids
You know I was thinking. Vergeben said there was at least 6 more newcomers left. Well I looked at the Vergeben newcomer list and the Japan Leak(September 24th direct rumor with Heihachi and Lloyd with Mario Kart Content related things, not the Pachinko one). So maybe this could be or base newcomer list.

Inkling
Ridley
Daisy
Simon
Isabelle
Incineroar
Heihachi
Lloyd
Unlockable Retro/Elma/DK Newcomer(Vergeben and Loz are unsure about this)

This would be an incredible roster in that case.
This is the ideal Smash Bros. roster. You may not like it, but this is what peak Smash Bros. looks like.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I should clarify that I do like Simon joining, he's just not a super exciting option for me.

Kinda like Ryu or Pacman. I enjoy them being there, but I wasn't excited to see them.

Like Mega Man or Sonic, or Ridley even - Now those were exciting

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's not about Vergeben source about Dk being true or not.
The existance of a source that says there's no Dk newcomer was the final blow.
I had already given up about dk newcomers before, I returned to believe just because I'm quite stupid.
I know there's a possibility. But, personally, I just can't believe it anymore, We will probably get Alfonse (the bland protagonist from FE Heroes) and the generic red tiger.

EDIT: While he's not one of my most wanted, quite happy for Simon tho. Pretty cool character, I hope he's relevant to the metagame with a great playstyle like Cloud was.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
So while I was sleeping, Simon got (likely) leaked? Damn. Nothing against Simon, I just hate the ruin of surprise.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
S - Joker
A - Sora, Simon Belmont
B - Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (as a Duo), Lip, Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
C - Ashley, Elma/Rex & Pyra, Bandana Dee, Chorus Kids

This is the ideal Smash Bros. roster. You may not like it, but this is what peak Smash Bros. looks like.
Once I combined Vergeben's information(with his 6 more newcomers tidbit), the IMO plausible September 24th rumor, and the character with that gun. Everything fit together like a complete puzzle to me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had already given up about dk newcomers before, I returned to believe just because I'm quite stupid.
I know there's a possibility. But, personally, I just can't believe it anymore, We will probably get Alfonse (the bland protagonist from FE Heroes) and the generic red tiger.
When K Rool can't make it to Smash, Alphonse takes over

Alphonse "Leave it to me!"

Roberk

Smash Champion
Even if DK doesn't get reps in the base roster, I don't see why DK fans can't just hold out for DLC. It sucks to wait longer, but hell, maybe that's what they are doing with such requested characters. You'll buy Smash anyway and pay even more for K. Rool/Dixie. Sure it's low, but it seems like a viable business decision to me.

DK deserves a newcomer (imo multiple), but I think the problem is that people are acting like it's a shoo-in. K. Rool has huge popularity but imo relevancy will still play a part for characters in this Smash. I expect a newcomer in this game's lifecycle but if there's not one in the base roster I wouldn't be so quick to act like it's the end of the world.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Geez dude. Don't diss Alfonse like that. Dude's one of the best characters in Fire Emblem Heroes at the very least he's a great bench boy

Also, it's been confirmed that the "DK Source" was a bull****ter who was making stuff up for kicks. Relax.

Plus, if a DK Character doesn't get in, there's always DLC, which is a viable option this time.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway....

I wonder if Simon's B will be a whip, and if you hold B, you can use the control stick to spin it around him like in the games.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Even if DK doesn't get reps in the base roster, I don't see why DK fans can't just hold out for DLC. It sucks to wait longer, but hell, maybe that's what they are doing with such requested characters. You'll buy Smash anyway and pay even more for K. Rool/Dixie. Sure it's low, but it seems like a viable business decision to me.

DK deserves a newcomer (imo multiple), but I think the problem is that people are acting like it's a shoo-in. K. Rool has huge popularity but imo relevancy will still play a part for characters in this Smash. I expect a newcomer in this game's lifecycle but if there's not one in the base roster I wouldn't be so quick to act like it's the end of the world.
Oh, have you not heard? Whenever your character isn't looking all that likely for the base roster, it's practically fandom tradition to go online and type your fingers off out of sheer rage. There's really no point in trying to fight it.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
As a fan of both series, DKC love is a terrible predictor of Castlevania love...
uh... but better than pokemon or fortinte i guess.. both are platforming games full of pits and death, so i assume he/she have some degree to tolerance to frustration by death due to missing a pixel...

Enchess

Smash Lord
Honestly, Inkling, Ridley, and the undecided ones are the only ones I'd be anything more than neutral towards. Ridley is my #1 fav addition, but I'd still find this a worse newcomer roster than Melee, Brawl, or Sm4sh. Like really? Splatoon is the ONLY newly represented Nintendo series? I'd rather have only 4 newcomers and have Ridley, Inkling, and any 2 reps from unrepresented Nintendo franchise than those be our 8.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
oh hey another music leak
/s

Simon seems like a character that would get revealed at the end of a Direct. I feel like there's a good chance we'll get a reveal at the beginning too, but who? I'm predicting either Buzzwole a Pokémon, Bandana Dee, Ashley, or someone of a similar hype caliber.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Question...

Why wasn't Simon revealed at E3?

He would have been perfect for it.
I think it's just them spacing out their reveals. E3 was very frontloaded already as you had all of the returning veterans, the return of cut veterans like Snake, who definitely brought a lot of hype on his own, going into detail on Inklings, another highly popular character, and the addition of Ridley, a hugely requested character in the west. Throw in a lot of popularly received changes and details such as Ganondorf's design and sword, directional air dodging and the like and you already had a stacked showing for the game.

So instead of bloating the E3 showing even further, they may've decided it was best to keep Simon in their pocket. He's a character that will always bring attention back to the game when he's revealed, so saving him for later is a good way to preserve hype since then people are going to keep the game in mind for much longer.

Shroob

Sup?
While I'm not putting too much stock into that earlier 4chan leak about Modes+Simon for 8 reveals total, I'll definitely be on alert just in case, especially since it ONLY has Simon listed as a reveal, which would be a bit odd.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
ATTENTION

The new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Thread will now be considered a SPOILER-FREE ZONE! If you would like to join in on the conversation of tomorrows Direct without being potentially spoiled then WARNING DO NOT READ PREVIOUS POSTS OR POSTS FOLLOWING THIS ONE!

If you would like to join in on the celebration of the following Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct without the fear of being spoiled you are encouraged to follow this link to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct Thread. Spoilers will not be tolerated there. Happy Hyping.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

I hate it when people tell you to wait for dlc. There were no D.K characters in Smash Wii U dlc, it's going to be the same for this game. This the leak is real it is the final straw for me and it will be 100% confirmed Sakurai hates D.K.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Geez dude. Don't diss Alfonse like that. Dude's one of the best characters in Fire Emblem Heroes at the very least he's a great bench boy

Also, it's been confirmed that the "DK Source" was a bull****ter who was making stuff up for kicks. Relax.

Plus, if a DK Character doesn't get in, there's always DLC, which is a viable option this time.
Hmm, I'm trying to imagine the salt from a Kiran newcomer that commands Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna like Pokemon Trainer.

We can rebut the "sales/popularity" arguments with Heroes' $400 million, other than Alfonse we'd have long-awaited weapon variety and unique gameplay with Sharena's lance and Anna's axe, and Alfonse's personality with Sharena and Anna's unique designs would make them appealing as characters.

Still a 9/10 salt rating though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Bayonetta isn't in Simon's reveal trailer in some capacity other than gameplay.

I call dookie.

STRAIGHT.

DOOKIE.

Shroob

Sup?
So, predict the series icon.

I'd say a decorated cross would be nice, but I'm unsure if they'd go that route due to religious references.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If Bayonetta isn't in Simon's reveal trailer in some capacity other than gameplay.

I call dookie.

STRAIGHT.

DOOKIE.
Pit and Mega Man instead...the reunion must happen

Enchess

Smash Lord
I hate it when people tell you to wait for dlc. There were no D.K characters in Smash Wii U dlc, it's going to be the same for this game. This the leak is real it is the final straw for me and it will be 100% confirmed Sakurai hates D.K.
Preface with DK character not deconfirmed yet.

Yeah, some people love games but don't like buying DLC also. DLC is way more expensive for the same amount of content and I have limited money and crave genre variety. I almost exclusively buy base games for this reason. It annoys me when people act like you can't get upset if something is in DLC but not base. We don't all get the DLC. Some for money, some out of principle, some for limited access, but people need to stop acting like DLC is something everyone gets.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The capital C shaped to be a Crescent moon will be Simon's icon. It's pretty much the series logo.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
There were no D.K characters in Smash Wii U dlc, it's going to be the same for this game.
[Citation Needed]

"Sakurai hates Mewtwo, he wasn't in Brawl so now he's not going to be in Smash 4!"
It sucks, but DLC is a clearly viable option for newcomers in the foreseeable future and it allows for a second chance for those that missed the base roster. All I'm saying is that even if this joke leak that was quickly shot down by Vergeben and Loz18 is true, it's not over yet.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I want Alucard over Simon Belmont plz. If we got cloud then I want Alucard.

Lyn has to happen.

No more Kirby reps please we have enough,
And I'll take Gengar we need a good ghost type Pokemon in the game.

Oh and Girahim from Skyward Sword, hitmonchan little Mac echo fighter and Goku

That's my dream list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom