• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I fail to see how a probable leak of one of the reveals makes the Direct less hype

1. They'll be more information
  2. He might not be the only character
  3. We know his in the game, what, 10 hours early? Is that enough to make the excited less excited and the mad less mad?
Emotions don't work by logic

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The exact same thing. Timing is essential here.
Exactly. If he's revealed, well there you go. If he isn't what happens then?
I'm not trying to say Simon won't be happening, but I will say he's not 100% probable even still. He's just at 99%.

Enchess

Smash Lord
The exact same thing. Timing is essential here.
The fact that we've technically had third-party themes (and AT and trophies) without playable characters means this can't be considered a guarantee, but yeah, timing is making it look pretty good for people who want Simon in

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
" my eyes may be a little red " - Sakurai

"Intern Nintendo then proceeds to change a music title to Bloody Tears"

Well RIP intern, I'm sure the body will be disposed secretly :(.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I'm still very hyped for the direct, perhaps moreso now for some reason, I'm not even a Castlevania fan. I do think we're at least getting an echo on top of that, along with all the other news they have to tell us.
Gonna go to sleep now though, see all y'all later.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Question...

Why wasn't Simon revealed at E3?

He would have been perfect for it.

Polan

Smash Lord
me checking in on the thread and seeing that my boy vergeben may actually be legit

on the other hand no decidueye but hey everyone's back. if discount tony the tiger really is our pokemon newcomer, then that will at least dull some of the pain.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So it's just that we know a Castlevania song is in if I skimmed correctly? Ok, well that puts at a 50/50 for Simon in for me. It's not unthinkable that Castlevania only gets a song. If Simon is in, I'll take it as Verg had a legitimate E3 leak source. Although, has he (before this song posting) said Isabelle, GenVII rep, and no DK rep are from same source? If not, they can't be considered locks yet even if Simon is in. Let's please not repeat a Chorus Kids scenario.

As far as Simon in Smash goes, my take is he's among the least offensive 3rd party choices. It really makes me sad to think I can do 8-player Smash with no Nintendo characters without any repeats, but at least Simon is more like an in-law than an acquaintance of Nintendo. Also would've preferred Soma due to his greater Nintendo relevance, but that was never happening because only I care about him. Would be a little weird getting the "Metroidvania" fights with Simon since he reeeeally doesn't represent that genre.
Isabelle, and a gen 7 pokemon that isn't Decidueye/Mimikyu/Lycanroc are from the same sources that gave him Simon and his other Smash information. No DK characters is from a guy named Lupensko who Vergeben think is bull****ting, as Vergeben claims the guy is someone who has real info but throws in false/assumed stuff for fun. Vergeben contacted Loz to see if he could corroborate the no DK characters claim, as well as Incinearoar (as Vergeben heard it from one of his sources but hasn't been able to verify it with the others), and as of now neither of them are supporting the no DK characters claim.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think it was a hack or something. No way nintendo goofs up on something like this
Thought of this myself. It's way way way way too conveniently done.

I really really really have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of them doing something like this.

The DLC slots for Ryu and Roy were totally different situations. That was people digging where they shouldn't be digging.

At any given time there could be someone listening to the music on Youtube however.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
me checking in on the thread and seeing that my boy vergeben may actually be legit

on the other hand no decidueye but hey everyone's back. if discount tony the tiger really is our pokemon newcomer, then that will at least dull some of the pain.
Respect the wrestling bara tiger

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

I really really really have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of them doing something like this.

The DLC slots for Ryu and Roy were totally different situations. That was people digging where they shouldn't be digging.

At any given time there could be someone listening to the music on Youtube however.
Hmm...

Convenient song reveal, hack by some peck-neck, deliberate toying with the fans, or Nintendo employee eating a sandwich? Too early to tell at this point...

Enchess

Smash Lord
Isabelle, and a gen 7 pokemon that isn't Decidueye/Mimikyu/Lycanroc are from the same sources that gave him Simon and his other Smash information. No DK characters is from a guy named Lupensko who Vergeben think is bull****ting, as Vergeben claims the guy is someone who has real info but throws in false/assumed stuff for fun. Vergeben contacted Loz to see if he could corroborate the no DK characters claim, as well as Incinearoar (as Vergeben heard it from one of his sources but hasn't been able to verify it with the others), and as of now neither of them are supporting the no DK characters claim.
Huh...well it's kinda starting to look like this might be my least favorite wave of newcomers despite including Ridley, my most wanted of all time. That's almost shocking. Hoping that Verg got lucky then, but again, still feel like 50/50 tomorrow and if Simon is revealed 90% chance Verg is legit.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm having some guy begging and pleading with me that I'm lying about Verg saying no Decidueye.

This is gonna be a rough patch,

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Someone'd likely have seen this earlier if it was always like this. Which means it's a recent change.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's not human error, but a simple computer script error that occurred when Bloody Tears/Monster Dance was added to a table in preparation for tomorrow that resulted in the video being re-titled.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's done...my hope is broken. No Dk newcomers. Nevermore.
They're right. Sakurai hates that franchise. Maybe a monkey **** on him or something like that when he visited a zoo.
I tried my best to keep minimum hope against all the odds, but I'm releasing this tension.
I'm so tired of expecting anything from Dk, even a decent new song.
Another possibility is that Sakurai is bad at plataformers and never was able to finish DKC's games.
I will try to develop new excuses in my head while I sleep to at least hear some juicy Bloody tears remix tomorrow. Indeed one of the greatest songs in videogame OST history.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
My hype is dying. Never played Castlevania, I hate Incenaroar and I need King K. Rool and Dixie Kong.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
What a horrible night to have a broken Smashboards. :p

I'm almost more hyped to have Bloody Tears in the game than I am about Simon. Absolute banger of a song.

Shroob

Sup?
They're right. Sakurai hates that franchise. Maybe a monkey **** on him or something like that when he visited a zoo.
I tried my best to keep minimum hope against all the odds, but I'm releasing this tension.
Another possibility is that Sakurai is bad at plataformers and never was able to finish DKC's games.
I will try to develop new excuses in my head while I sleep to at least hear some juicy Bloody tears remix tomorrow. Indeed one of the greatest songs in videogame OST history.
I mean, even Verg doesn't necessarily believe that leak.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Guys didn't Verg and loz say they aren't supporting the no Donkey Kong newcomers claim?
and even then didn't that claim say they wouldn't make the "base roster"?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Everyone on here is arguing whether or not Simon is really leaked, or if this makes Vergebens credibility go up, or if there'll be another character announcement and I'm just over here like.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
regarding the "hack" hypotesis. the name was "Bloody tears/Monster dance medley"

Bloody tears is Simon's quest daytime them, while Monster dance is simon's quest nighttime theme

If a random hacker just wanted to throw people off, he just needed to put bloody tears and it was done. The fact that they are medling the day theme and the night theme not only shows a slight degree of knowing, but also a creative intent that doesn't seem fitting for "just a joke".

and anyways, if a hacker can do that? cant he also like... steal the god damn video from youtube and leak it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My hype is dying. Never played Castlevania, I hate Incenaroar and I need King K. Rool and Dixie Kong.
I kinda know the feeling.

Simon is like Icing on the cake, but if that cake is gross it doesn't mean a thing.

I only REALLY got excited over Ridley, and I have a feeling that's all I'll get.

Isabelle and Incineroar are next, and neither are an option I like.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Every jumping to assumptions needs to calm down. Nothing deconfirms or confirms any characters until the game releases or officially announced by Nintendo.

I always take every internet "leak" with a grain of salt. It's 2018 I ain't got time for that no more.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Vergeben isn't claiming there's no DK newcomers, he outright said he only heard it from Lupensko and thinks it's bull**** because Lupensko apparently likes to throw in fake/assumed things with his real stuff, and he hasn't heard any corroboration on that claim from anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom