• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I swear if Rex gets in and wields the aegis like a normal weapon when Shulk turns off and sheaths his weapon with every attack, I'm going to flip.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I remember Lyn being the leader with Ike close behind. Similar to what happened with Krystal and Wolf.

I would have put Lyn and Krystal in the "Somewhat expected" tier just because more people thought they would happen while Ike and Wolf were generally seen as second most likely.
I mean that's fair, I just think even as a runner up, Ike was still somewhat expected. So he'd fit into the category of the same name.

But that's not a hill worth dying on. UNLIKE RYU WHO NEEDS FIXING ASAP. :p

I saw quite a lot of people expecting Ryu. I also feel Villager was in the somewhat expected category, but I wad mostly on other forums before his announcement
...where?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Oh hey, they are releasing a Digimon game not only to ps4, but also switch and PC
Which is cool, maybe this helps to get Agumon as DLC or something like that.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just sayin', SMTV is also coming out soon exclusively for the Nintendo Switch with the entire franchise being associated with Nintendo since the 1980's...
Please play it, guys.

DarkSt0rm009

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtremeDeath
3DS FC
0946-2239-4297
Switch FC
SW-6724-2496-0212
Yeah that’s what I was thinking.

Now I actually want Joker one smash, he’d be awesome.
Well if I were to want any Persona representation in Smash Bros Ultimate... Ren Amamiya would be a prime candidate!

Even if I did waste a Ballot vote on Yu Narukami back in the Smash 4 Days

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
EVO is this weekend. Gamescom is at the end of the month. And I 100% bet that Nintendo shows nothing at both of them and instead ops for a direct around next weekend. It'd be such a Nintendo thing to do.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I saw quite a lot of people expecting Ryu. I also feel Villager was in the somewhat expected category, but I wad mostly on other forums before his announcement

Edit: for context I remember because I argued against people predicting Ryu frequently and argued for an AC rep frequently
I don't know about other forums, but I can say that on Smashboards Ryu discussion prior to him being datamined was almost non-exsistent and Megaman was the only Capcom character that was brought up a lot.

That and people held on to the "Only 1 3rd party character per company." fan rule.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
He leaked a ton of accurate info out of the E3 presentation. He has since stated there will be a Direct in August detailing new and returning modes.
Yeah, seems to be that guy, i remember that leak flying under teh radar mostly due to at top revealing that bayonetta wasn't getting cut, even when it turned to be 100% legit.

Does his leak includes a character name? and if not, where i can find it?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I remember Lyn being the leader with Ike close behind. Similar to what happened with Krystal and Wolf.

I would have put Lyn and Krystal in the "Somewhat expected" tier just because more people thought they would happen while Ike and Wolf were generally seen as second most likely.
Off-topic, but speaking of Krystal, is it true that the Japanese Star Fox fanbase hates her?

Shroob

Sup?
EVO is this weekend. Gamescom is at the end of the month. And I 100% bet that Nintendo shows nothing at both of them and instead ops for a direct around next weekend. It'd be such a Nintendo thing to do.
When has Nintendo ever shown anything Smash related at EVO or Gamescon?

I really don't get why people think they'd do this when they've never done it before.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
When has Nintendo ever shown anything Smash related at EVO or Gamescon?

I really don't get why people think they'd do this when they've never done it before.
People are hoping for a first, especially with the large Nintendo banner at EVO.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, the veterans were the only DLC characters I remember being frequently mentioned on this site. Ryu, Cloud, and Bayo were rarely brought up, and there was no way Sakurai would add a sixth FE character from a game that wasn't even released yet.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Obviously fake/****post leaks that take away from the discussion are not allowed
Who needs 4chan anyway? All the true leakers post directly on SmashBoards.
Hey guys. I have a leak for you all.
You can choose not to believe this if you want, but please reconsider after you see the EVO reveal on Sunday. The blog update for that night will be the character in that reveal: King K. Rool.

This will not be the only thing revealed, so stay tuned. It does seem unlikely, considering Nintendo's track record, but it seems like they are changing it up a little for Ultimate given the unusually short period of time between the official announcement and the release of the game.

Anyway, for the bits that you all are waiting for:

• Isabelle is indeed in Smash. Along with Simon Belmont. Yeah, whatever, Verg already said that and blew it for the rest of us.
  • The Pokemon representative Buzzwole. I have only seen its name on a list in the slideshow, so I don't know how it would play like, but I would imagine he would play as an incredibly heavy, slow character that may have multiple jumps.
  • Shadow and Skull Kid are still assist trophies.
  • Ashley is playable. Again, no idea how she will play.
  • Red shell and Fan are back as items.
  • Adventure mode is back, but what that entails, I don't know. A diagram on the project plan slideshow made it seem interesting, though.
  • Geno is not on the planned playable characters list. Or any list, for that matter.
  • I saw Heihachi mentioned, but I think he was in the AT list.
  • Echo fighters include Dry Bowser (Bowser), Black Shadow (Captain Falcon), Impa (Sheik), and Chrom (Ike). No third party echos. Despite how you think any of these characters work, it seems like they will be fitted to their origin character regardless. This was the complete list.
  • No mention of DLC anywhere. They are serious when they say they wait until they finish the game before considering it.
There are more characters, but it's not like I took a picture of any of the slides, and I forgot any of the characters I didn't care about or didn't know who they were. There were only 3 others, I think? Give or take.

Like I said, come back here after the big EVO reveal by Nintendo.

EDIT:
I'm obviously only including information that hasn't already been revealed.

Last edited:

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Noipoi

Howdy!
You can choose not to believe this if you want, but please reconsider after you see the EVO reveal on Sunday. The blog update for that night will be the character in that reveal: King K. Rool.

This will not be the only thing revealed, so stay tuned. It does seem unlikely, considering Nintendo's track record, but it seems like they are changing it up a little for Ultimate given the unusually short period of time between the official announcement and the release of the game.

• Isabelle is indeed in Smash. Along with Simon Belmont. Yeah, whatever, Verg already said that and blew it for the rest of us.
  • The Pokemon representative Buzzwole. I have only seen its name on a list in the slideshow, so I don't know how it would play like, but I would imagine he would play as a incredibly heavy, slow character that may have multiple jumps.
  • Adventure mode is back, but what that entails, I don't know. A diagram on the project plan slideshow made it seem interesting, though.
  • Geno is not on the planned playable characters list. Or any list, for that matter.
  • Echo fighters include Dry Bowser (Bowser), Black Shadow (Captain Falcon), Impa (Sheik), and Chrom (Ike). No third party echos. Despite how you think any of these characters work, it seems like they will be fitted to their origin character regardless. This was the complete list.
  • No mention of DLC anywhere. They are serious when they say they wait until they finish the game before considering it.
There are more characters, but it's not like I took a picture of any of the slides, and I forgot any of the characters I didn't care about or didn't know who they were. There were only 3 others, I think? Give or take.

Buzzwole
K Rool
ASHLEY

I want to believe.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Cool! while I would have hoped a little more info, this kind of leaks is teh best since it gives you something to look forward but doesn't really ruin any surprise.

plus is exactly the kind of info i'm looking forward to know (even if at least one character reveal is mandatory) and "august direct" is way better than.... "sometime".

Obviously this info could be wrong, but considering his track record im gonna choose to believe this one.

really looking forward for that special mode to unlock characters. (pls be a metroidvania style adventure, plz be a metroidvania style adventure)

DarkSt0rm009

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtremeDeath
3DS FC
0946-2239-4297
Switch FC
SW-6724-2496-0212
Let's say you were to rank each of the Ultra Beasts' chances of being playable for Smash Ultimate, where would you place them?
All I know is... I'm now imagining how amazing it would be to play as Blascephalon

Buzzwole could be cool too, I suppose

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

• The Pokemon representative Buzzwole. I have only seen its name on a list in the slideshow, so I don't know how it would play like, but I would imagine he would play as an incredibly heavy, slow character that may have multiple jumps.

EDIT:
Has K.Rool and Buzzwole, so it would literally make the game perfect in my eyes. Unfortunately I don't really believe any leaks unless they have any sort of proof.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Let's say you were to rank each of the Ultra Beasts' chances of being playable for Smash Ultimate, where would you place them?
Nihilego-40%
Buzzwole-70%
Pheromosa-55%
Xurkitree-40%
Celesteela-25%%
Kartana-25%
Guzzlord-25%
Stakataka-20%
Blacephalon-30%
Poipole-64%
Naganadel-30%
Buzzwole's got the biggest chance imo, Poipole is marketable and relevant but was introduced after the project plan.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Has K.Rool and Buzzwole, so it would literally make the game perfect in my eyes. Unfortunately I don't really believe any leaks unless they have any sort of proof.
Considering I literally made it up to follow through with the joke, I have a lot of proof for you.

Just goes to show...

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
in my opinion

Has A Chance:
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Nihilego

Has A Smaller Chance
Poipole
Necrozma (I'm considering him an UB in this case.)

Doesn't Have Much Of A Chance At All
The rest

BlueMagician

Smash Journeyman
Kuzunoha Raiho Kuzunoha Raidou for Smash SMT getting something would be cool but I don't know who to predict in that case

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Does your sources know if Spring Man is playable in the base roster?:p
My sources happen to be the Smash Bros Ultimate 2015 Project Plan slideshow as well as a printed schedule for Nintendo at Evo.
I would have seen Spring Man somewhere since I both know who he is and find his addition into the game to be an interesting concept, but alas.
Maybe hold onto that hope after release.

This is fun, maybe I should do this on 4chan.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
1. Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa - Nihilego played a big role in Sun and Moon's story and was the first Ultra Beast to be revealed. Buzzwole and Pheromosa were somewhat more prominent/marketed than the rest of the other Ultra Beasts, and have physiques and abilities that are easy to translate to Smash.

2. Xurkitree, Kartana - Less prominent than Buzzwole and Pheromosa, but could still happen. They're a bit out there in terms of appearance, though they could definitely still be worked into Smash.

3. Celesteela, Guzzlord - Same as the above tier, but have weird body shapes that would be more difficult to put in Smash.

4. Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, Stakataka - Unlikely due to the fact that they weren't introduced until Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. If there were plans for Poipole at the time of the Smash project plan, then it's possible that it might have been chosen, but I doubt it.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

EDIT:
sigh... why you aren't a belieable leaker? :c thats a cool wishlist.

still, you could fake ignorance by saying that you dont care about pokemon and teh alst gen you played was third, and then proceed to say that you saw this very weird character that is like a bodybuilding red mosquito and you never have seen it before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom