• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I've just started thinking about the possibility of people starting to crowd around Switch Kiosk's if a playable demo of Smash 5 is around like for Super Mario Odyssey. Luckily for me, I'm already a Walmart employee who gets a 15 minute break :lick:

D

Deleted member

Does Ultimate have a playable demo at EVO or how is it represented there? All I find is the Melee and Smash4 tournaments.

Anyway, as long as we get more gameplay, I’m all good.
It has a playable demo at the event, and later tonight (6PM PDT) they will be streaming gameplay with various FGC personalities.

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
Her Wii U model for comparison looks pretty different. Like obviously she'd get a new model...but idk. Also her eyes weren't red at all in the Wii U one.
To be fair the reason why that is I think is cause Game and Wario changed Ashley's eyes to be mainly black, they've actually always been red from the beginning and in Warioware Gold you'll notice they took the big pupil design of game and wario but made her pupils red now:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wario/images/c/cf/Ashley(WWG)1.png/revision/latest?cb=20180802050603
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 11.43.28 AM.png

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Does Ultimate have a playable demo at EVO or how is it represented there? All I find is the Melee and Smash4 tournaments.

Anyway, as long as we get more gameplay, I’m all good.
It does, and it’ll also be streamed at 6pm pacific time

Other than that there’ll definitely be other people uploading gameplay videos of Smash Ultimate on Youtube
To be fair the reason why that is I think is cause Game and Wario changed Ashley's eyes to be mainly black, they've actually always been red from the beginning and in Warioware Gold you'll notice they took the big pupil design of game and wario but made her pupils red now:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/wario/images/c/cf/Ashley(WWG)1.png/revision/latest?cb=20180802050603
View attachment 155432
Still adorable

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys, don’t click the link in the above post. I previewed the link and it seems suspicious, it’s not a YouTube link.

What is with all these spam bots lately

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I just don't see them revealing a Japanese fan want at an American event.

It's such a weird decision.

But then Sakurai announced the god father of gaming behind closed doors while Mii Fighters and Palutena got to be in the main show.
Perhaps to explain Ashley's popularity in Japan to the West? Eeeh a bit lame of a reason but what can you do.

It screams Sakurai to reveal a little girl as a playable character in his fighting game at EVO.

Buuut until Sakurai says "yooo watch mang0 lmao" on Twitter I do not expect a reveal.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nantenjex and epicmartin7 discuss their FULL thoughts and reactions to the reveal of Super Smash Bros . Ultimate!
Good thing I can check what the link is without clicking...you FAKE!!!!
It screams Sakurai to reveal a little girl as a playable character in his fighting game at EVO.
Sakurai does as he pleases
isnt it funny right around the time the SMASH BLOG should be updating.... hmmmmmm hmmmm
The week is over...Daddy Sakurai will not be updating anything anytime soon just to torture all

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Hey guys, don’t click the link in the above post. I previewed the link and it seems suspicious, it’s not a YouTube link.

What is with all these spam bots lately
Hopefully you don't mean my link ;)

I just hypertexted it to make it look cleaner, if you don't trust it.

Then I'll just post it raw here https://www.twitch.tv/evo

save.PNG

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In other news, Wario took over the NoA page. They're pushing WarioWare Gold REALLY hard for some reason, lol.
This just makes me happy, lol. Everything I've heard and seen about Gold makes the game look amazingly polished and surprisingly meaty in content for a super late 3DS title. Seems like a lot of love and care was put into this one; a true love letter to the Wario Ware series.

Wario Land may be dead, but at least Wario Ware is still around and (seemingly) not going anywhere anytime soon!

Now, where's my Ashley in Smash reveal, eh, Wario!? That better be tweeted out later today, or I'm asking for a refund on that tournament of yours!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think that's the first time I've seen a spambot in this thread. (Also didn't EpicMartin7 used to hang out in this thread?)

D

Deleted member

Ok, so the localization team messed up. That doesn't really make it feel better to me.

Losing a mode you love is disappointing. Losing it and then having a completely new mode given the same name as if it's the same mode is annoying.

I think that's the fundamental reason Adventure Mode fans just seem sad about it whereas Classic Mode fans get annoyed. If the localization team didn't screw up, you'd see more "I hope classic mode comes back" instead of "this mode is terrible"
It's less "the localization team messed up" and more "localization team is trying to be consistent regardless of whether or not it makes sense".
This is because at the time, "Classic" mode actually did emulate Smash N64's 1P Mode, even down to aesthetics and concept, so the name worked.
Starting with Brawl, however....

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Really though, it's still the same mode, isn't it? You fight through some battles, beat up Master Hand, and get a trophy. Specifics change, but the gameplay still fits into "Classic Mode" perfectly fine.

D

Deleted member

I never knew why Nintendo didn't just call it Arcade Mode. That's pretty much what it is, at least to me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Unpopular Opinion, but I would much rather have Dillon as an Echo of Sonic than Shadow #sorrynotsorry

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait really? I mean I haven't expected anything new from Monster Rancher for quite a while, but I didn't realize it was definitely dead. And what's this about a mobile game? =/
Monster Rancher 1 Million and My Monster Rancher are two mobile games that are the most recent entries. No main entries since the DS era, so...

Oh my god yes. That and Haunted Woods were always my favorite tracks in this game.

In other news, Wario took over the NoA page. They're pushing WarioWare Gold REALLY hard for some reason, lol.

Can you really blame them? The series has been dead for 5 years, they can't afford to underpromote the newest game.

Here's the list of characters I expect them to announce at evo

the joke is I don't expect them to announce characters at evo
Yeah, it's not like the players that go there are expecting new characters. For them, it's less "I wonder who will get revealed next for the game" and more "I hope my skills will be good enough for the full version".

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
What would be your reaction if?

Banjo and Kazooie was announced ALONG WITH...

James Bond.

I really would be hyped for James, I mean he was considered in Melee (surprisingly) and seeing how Sakurai is probably looking back at it, but seriously, having Goldenye 007 content in Smash would be a blast, not to mention how it was a big part of Nintendo during the 64 era. Well RARE was a big part during that time.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So did Sakurai mnetion anything about EVO? If not. Then it's safe to say there won't be anything major revealed at EVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom