• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Today's character is ROB.

The color swap between Japan and the west is still in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
what happened?
I must have come in to the thread in the middle of a conversation about hypotheticals, thought we'd just got two new echos announced with how it was worded.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
With the addition of Hilda and Impa as echo fighters, I'm prepared for the possibility that there may be only 5 more newcomers, leaving us at 70 fighters (not counting Echo Fighters).
If we got 2 more Zelda clones that would be super depressing, Is a unique Zelda character so much to ask for?

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
1. Why would you only pick through Gens 1-4?
2. What are these picks?
3. None of these would make any sense as fighters other than maybe Dusknoir and Flygon.
4. Flygon.
1. I was just listing off some pokemon I liked and see what people thought of them.
3. I am not sure what you mean by a fighter that makes sense?
Interested to know why. :p

I did not know Acerola had a shiny Mimikyu in the anime, that is cool!

Easily second only to Mario. It makes sense for it to have at least one newcomer. :p
Castform can change to different forms depending on weather in the games, for his moveset could include different attacks that when he uses them he will change forms.
Example: Castform uses a water move he would change to his rain form and that would up his water moves for a little while
Of course he would be a light character and i have no clue how he would hit.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I must have come in to the thread in the middle of a conversation about hypotheticals, thought we'd just got two new echos announced with how it was worded.
Ha! Glad I wasn't the only one. Strange wording, Jinjo...

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
No. I'm not missing out. I've seen the best of them, like the Wolf mod for Wii U. But, you shouldn't legitimize mods. They shouldn't be placed on an equal pedestal as the official creation. I can't in good conscious say that the Wolf mod for Wii U remotely satisfies me in place of him actually being in the game. It would be an insult to Nintendo and its characters if I acted like it did.

I think good mods should be admired, but they should never be treated as if they are official games (like Project M).

I kind of find it insulting that Project
Late reply, but, if it turns out that someone subjectively considers an imitation to be better than the original and more fun to play, fun > corporate loyalty.
The Wolf mod on its own is a bad example as smaller mods like it are very restrictive (there is no community built around it, you can only play with people also using it or locally) so an official Wolf is better, though.

If someone legitimately prefers the gameplay of, say, Project M over any official Smash game, does it make sense for them to restrict them to a game that they consider less fun?

Personally, SSF2 is the Smash-esque game I play most despite being a free Flash game (and I already do own every official Smash game, BTW.) I like how it handles playing on a keyboard, the physics that are a mix of different Smash games, and the newcomers and stages. Sure, it is a rip-off, but it's one that they've been working on for over 10 years, with tons of coding, new remixes, and new sprites put in.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
YOUR REACTION

If Nintendo announces that Smash Ultimate would be getting an demo event like what they did with Splatoon, ARMS, & Mario Tennis Aces.
This is going to get fully datamined within an hour of its release and spoil the whole game, isn't it?

D

Deleted member

I feel like 75% of Smash Bros. Ultimate leaks have King K. Rool in them.
Castform can change to different forms depending on weather in the games, for his moveset could include different attacks that when he uses them he will change forms.
Example: Castform uses a water move he would change to his rain form and that would up his water moves for a little while
Of course he would be a light character and i have no clue how he would hit.
That is just a small gimmick, unless Opossum loves that gimmick.
Like did he do something with it?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
This is going to get fully datamined within an hour of its release and spoil the whole game, isn't it?
Yeah I can’t see Sakurai releasing a demo for this reason alone. Unless he decides to unveil all the newcomers prior to release since almost everyone needs to be unlocked anyway.

But they don’t even need a demo. It’s Smash. People will buy it. Maybe a post-release demo

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
YOUR REACTION

If Nintendo announces that Smash Ultimate would be getting an demo event like what they did with Splatoon, ARMS, & Mario Tennis Aces.
Part of my reaction depends on when exactly this demo event would be taking place; I'm going on vacation next month and classes for me begin shortly afterwards, so hopefully I'd have time. Anytime between now and my trip would be nice, though, and it'd be pretty exciting. Otherwise, at least there'll be plenty of videos to watch afterwards and lots of gameplay discussion here.

And of course we'd have to prepare for the very likely datamines... As much as I'd like surprises, there'd be no way I'd resist reading the datamines if they come.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Good old R.O.B. I love that little big guy in Smash.

Who here would prefer it is R.O.B was the more accurate Kirby-sized? Same moveset and all, just small like, you know, the toy that he is based off?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I swear they'll go through all the characters before they get to my boi
Well, what do you expect? They forgot to include him and Luigi until the very end of the trailer, after they already showed the logo.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So yeah, this is gonna happen next week...
25_exhibitions01.jpg

Ultimate will be on the Main EVO stage Day 1. Chances of reveals on the 3rd went from Fair to High.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash 4 3DS' demo was scrubbed very well so I don't see how they can't do that here too.
This. I feel as if the Ultimate demo will be similar.

SMASH 3DS DEMO ROSTER: :ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultvillager::ultmegaman:

SMASH ULTIMATE DEMO ROSTER (Guess): :ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultinkling:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Good old R.O.B. I love that little big guy in Smash.

Who here would prefer it is R.O.B was the more accurate Kirby-sized? Same moveset and all, just small like, you know, the toy that he is based off?
Since you bring that up, R.O.B. is way larger than Kirby even way back in the first time they met in Dream Land 3, where Professor Hector is the same height as Kirby, funnily enough.

R.O.B. in Smash kind of more so is his own unique entity rather than being completely based on the toy, though, so the larger size makes sense for his design, plus the larger size makes it easier to see the details in his design (especially back in his debut in Brawl, on the non-HD Wii.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But Maybe a few more. Since the switch is way more powerful and stuff.
The 3DS' power had nothing to do with its demo since it could
yknow
run the full game easily

It was just a demo doing demo things like limiting the character roster and stage selection. I think you only got Battlefield in the demo, too.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But Maybe a few more. Since the switch is way more powerful and stuff.
Wtf does the power have to do with characters in a demo? Unless 8-player Smash is in the demo in which case we might get at least 8 or more characters.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If they wanna give us a demo without bein' worried about datamining, maybe they could just slap some online functionality on the E3 demo and let us play that for a day or two. I'm sure that version of the game doesn't have anything worth datamining on it.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
You got Battlefield and Omega Battlefield with no items for the 3DS demo.
For the Switch demo they could give us one proper stage and let us put it in Battlefield mode, Omega mode with no items and hazard less with no items. One stage serving 4 purposes.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wtf does the power have to do with characters in a demo? Unless 8-player Smash is in the demo in which case we might get at least 8 or more characters.
An idea I had was being able to unlock a hidden character in the demo by playing enough VS Matches (I was disappointed they didn't do something like that for Wii Fit Trainer), say 100 or so. I'm still sticking with 5, but if if we had to go 8, :ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultmarth::ultpit::ultridley::ultinkling: would be my guess.

inb4 i accidentally make another forum game again

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Friendly minder that after Roy & Ryu were leaked future DLC dodged datamines by renaming any new slots as Mario.
I think they have it figured out.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Friendly minder that after Roy & Ryu were leaked future DLC dodged datamines by renaming any new slots as Mario.
I think they have it figured out.
Watch as we datamine the games and find all these "Mario" placeholders, laugh it off and think we found nothing, but become disgusted later down the road when the game comes out and all the new characters are literally just different versions of Mario.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Watch as we datamine the games and find all these "Mario" placeholders, laugh it off and think we found nothing, but become disgusted later down the road when the game comes out and all the new characters are literally just different versions of Mario.
Can't wait for Pink Gold Metal Tanooki Cat Mario for Smash Ultimate.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Actually, that is pretty close to how a Pokken leak went.

There were 4 characters datamined, but one of them was a character that was already in the game as an assist character so people quickly discredited it as maybe some sort of rework for it. So when the day came when the trailer for the 3rd character was released, no one expected that the 3rd one was another character already in the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, that is pretty close to how a Pokken leak went.

There were 4 characters datamined, but one of them was a character that was already in the game as an assist character so people quickly discredited it as maybe some sort of rework for it. So when the day came when the trailer for the 3rd character was released, no one expected that the 3rd one was another character already in the game.
Croagunk, never forget.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
We Dragon Ball FighterZ now, bois

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
YOUR REACTION

I don't think it needs one.

Besides the possibility eventuality of people datamining it, Nintendo knows it's gonna sell with or without a demo. We only had a demo for the 3DS version, not the WiiU, and that was mainly so people would believe that Smash on 3DS was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom