• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I know this is Smash 5, aka a sequel. But it’s really starting to look more like a remade collection put together instead of a sequel with NEW content. I mean we have some new content, but most of the content we have is remade old stages and veterans.

Take at me that it’s still a sequel, but it doesn’t feel as much in content that is brand new. To be honest with you if most of the new content is DLC, I somewhat wish to just have all of that new content in a Smash 6 or something.
Eh... I heard from a gameplay feel from everyone that's played it (and that's like, six people so far) that's not quite the case, and tbqh, even if our conservative estimates are correct here (Keep in mind, we're being 100% the opposite of what Brawl speculation was, where-as there everyone thought we were gonna get an AWESOME 50 CHARACTER ROSTER with GENO, MASKED MAN, RIDLEY, AND MEGA MAN on it), we still have to consider... the dev team didn't want to cut, and a lot of people on the ballot asked for all this returning content. (along with other places)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I have no idea where you even take a Smash 6 from here. It’s difficult to imagine it having even more content.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I have no idea where you even take a Smash 6 from here. It’s difficult to imagine it having even more content.
Yeah Sakurai talked about that (and the higher possibility that a new Smash Bros wouldn't even come from him) and he said that it probably would be more... erm, traditional for a lack of better word. Meaning it would have probably less returning content and be on par with something like Smash 4 I think

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
1. Not sure! I REALLY like the game, but I don't know if I necessarily want a character from it in Smash.
2. H'aanit. She's my favorite character so far (closely followed by Ophilia). I'd love her simply because of her summon beast ability. Plus, she can wield an ax, which I don't think is actually a weapon that any character has yet. Also, she has a bow and lightning magic, so she's got a pretty huge arsenal for moveset potential.

But I am not sure if this is fair, since I haven't gotten to Primrose or Alfyn's chapter 1 stories yet... and I'm like 14 hours in... lol. This game has a lot of stuff in it.
I'm 60 hours in and I'm still finishing character chapters up LOL. I would want probably either Haanit or Cyrus in if I had to choose. Say... when did Octopath begin development...... ?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of stages, I just need more Fire Emblem stages. The franchise is the only one (besides stageless R.O.B.) that has less stages than playable characters, despite all the neat locales they can pick.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'll go ahead and say I wouldn't call it Smash 4.5 even if there were literally 0 characters or 0 new stages beyond what we already know about. Smash games are always balancing old and new content, I just hope things are less skewed towards old content than the conservative estimates here would suggest. I'm buying it either way though.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
"We were struggling when thinking of how we could possibly surpass Ultimate, but then I had a pivotal realization, what if everyone, and I mean EVERYONE came back? In Super Smash Bros. Ultimater everyone is really here! This time we didn't just bring back all the veterans, we brought back all the veterans in all their past forms, now you can duke it out on Final Destination as 64 Fox fighting against Melee Fox, Brawl Fox, Smash 4 Fox, Ultimate Fox and Ultimater Fox! Truly, every fan's dream!" -Masahiro Sakurai, E3 2023

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Speaking of stages, I just need more Fire Emblem stages. The franchise is the only one (besides stageless R.O.B.) that has less stages than playable characters, despite all the neat locales they can pick.
I gotta agree with that, the fact that they went the "generic" route for Fire Emblem is kind of a shame. Coliseum and Castle Siege aren't really that nice. Arena Ferox kinda is I guess, but there are better locations I'm sure.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
If Gengsr was playable; I would cry with joy. There is literally so many Pokémon to choose from for Smash that I would like.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"We were struggling when thinking of how we could possibly surpass Ultimate, but then I had a pivotal realization, what if everyone, and I mean EVERYONE came back? In Super Smash Bros. Ultimater everyone is really here! This time we didn't just bring back all the veterans, we brought back all the veterans in all their past forms, now you can duke it out on Final Destination as 64 Fox fighting against Melee Fox, Brawl Fox, Smash 4 Fox, Ultimate Fox and Ultimater Fox! Truly, every fan's dream!" -Masahiro Sakurai, E3 2023
64 Kirby vs Melee Kirby.

Balanced!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
oh... oh... oh god.

just imagining Melee Fox against Smash 4 Bayonetta against Brawl Meta Knight would fill me with headaches.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I gotta agree with that, the fact that they went the "generic" route for Fire Emblem is kind of a shame. Coliseum and Castle Siege aren't really that nice. Arena Ferox kinda is I guess, but there are better locations I'm sure.
Chrom's Stage: Plegia Castle

For that sweet, sweet, Melancholy vibe.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
The Opera House from Fates would be pretty cool! I honestly just want the Desk from Smash 64.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Smash Ultimate is pretty much a compilation and this is apparently the perfect generation for it. Ports, compilations, remasters. Anything to avoid making a new game

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Time for another FORUM GAME

Except this one is kind of good.

Make a reveal trailer for your most wanted newcomer(s). The trailer can have as many characters as you want, ranging from a simple trailer with 1 character (like Megaman or Wii Fit Trainer), to a complex trailer with 5 - 6 characters (like Brawl's reveal trailer).

I'll start:
Smash Logo. Begins with a large shot of Bowser's. Cut to one of the hallways leading up to the throne room. A shadow is jumping between columns, taking down Goombas, Koopas, and other mooks. A lone Shy Guy stands alert, ready for a fight. The shadow vaults over the Shy Guy, taking it's mask off, and says, "I'll reveal your true form!" The shadow stands behind the Shy Guy and stands up, revealing Joker from Persona 5 as he summons Arsen behind him. Newcomer splash: "Joker steals the show!" Commence gameplay. Background music is Last Surprise. Joker's moveset revolves around the use of various Persona that can perform different attacks. Most of his attacks use Arsen, but he also uses series staples like Jack Frost and Jack-o"-Lantern. His final Smash has him pull out his model gun and shoot the opponent(s) in front of him, stunning them. Following that, he uses an All-Out Attack with Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana on those stunned. The post scene is Joker busting into the treasure room, which holds a kidnapped Princess Peach. Behind him you can hear Bowser roar. Trailer end.

I might make one for Sora if I can think of one.
Trailer starts off with Link standing at the top of the Great Plateau Tower staring at Hyrule. The Breath of the Wild main theme music is playing faintly in the background. After a few moments, a gale brews up in front of Link and Revali flies up in front of Link. He then starts mocking him like he usually does for not being able to fly when Link notices something up in the sky behind Revali. Revali turns around and we switch to the view point of the fast moving object coming down towards Revali and Link. Revali flies out of the way of the object and then Link sidesteps away from it before it lands right in the middle of the platform on the Great Plateau Tower. The faint music stops and we briefly see Revali land on the the platform of the Tower as he and Link get a closer look at the object. It switches back to the view point of the object as it gets up from the ground and looks up at Link. It then turns and looks at a spear on the ground next to it and we see a round red nub pick up the spear and lunge at Link. Link again sidesteps the object but it continues on in to Revali who gets sent flying off of the Tower towards the ground. We then cut back to Link who steps back and draws the Master Sword and Hylian Shield and faces off with the object. Then the camera zooms out to reveal he is facing off with Bandanna Waddle Dee and the splash art "Bandanna Waddle Dee Spearheads his way in! pops up. We then cut to gameplay footage starting off with the first scene being him and Link fighting on the Great Plateau Tower. The music playing is the fountain of dreams stage theme from Melee and that stage is revealed to be returning in the trailer.

-Insert rest of moveset and gameplay footage here-

The end of trailer gag is Revali on the ground looking up at the Tower and he says something like Chrom did in the Robin trailer. Little do we know he's a secret newcomer in the game.

Also, Bandanna Dee flying in is a reference to him in the intro of Return to Dreamland

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh... oh... oh god.

just imagining Melee Fox against Smash 4 Bayonetta against Brawl Meta Knight would fill me with headaches.
Add in 64 Pikachu and whoever is the best character in Project M just to be safe

Houndstooth

Smash Ace

Make a reveal trailer for your most wanted newcomer(s). The trailer can have as many characters as you want, ranging from a simple trailer with 1 character (like Megaman or Wii Fit Trainer), to a complex trailer with 5 - 6 characters (like Brawl's reveal trailer).
I remember doing this in the Smash 4 Days. Found my old post. Looking back, kinda would suck for Paper Mario fans(Sorry guys! I like the Paper Mario series too!). I'll do a new one later. For now, here is my old idea for a Character Reveal Trailer.

Beginning Background Music

We see a small Toad sitting with someone, a book in his arms. The camera switches to the book, and shows Paper Mario. It seems as if the other is telling a story to the young Toad with purple stripes on his Mushroom cap. The young Toad pulls up a Bowser and Peach doll, as if Bowser had kidnapped her. He jumps from the seat, the Paper Mario book falling to the floor, and shows the Mario doll with the other two. He uses Bowser to knock Mario's doll down, and Bowser's roar is heard from the young Toad. He then smirks, turning back to the one who was reading him a story.

GENO WHIRLS IN!!!

The scene would then be Mario, Bowser, Peach, and Geno battling on various Mario stages. The other characters for the trailer for him to fight against would be Samus and Link, plus Luigi and Rosalina & Luma. The trailer would end with Geno, the spirit, leaving the doll's body and it shrinking back down to size. Then, Gaz, the purple Toad, would turn away to put his toys away. That's when Paper Mario jumps out of the book and into Smash!

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
We don’t really have everyone in Smash until we have the Dragon King dudes (+ their home stage,) do we now? They’re almost never acknowledged, but we wouldn’t have Smash without them.

(Just imagine if they turned out to be the ultra OP character of this game :p )

KMDP

Smash Legend
Add in 64 Pikachu and whoever is the best character in Project M just to be safe
Apparently Project M's best characters were Meta Knight (natch) and Wolf.

So...
64 Pikachu​
Melee Fox​
Brawl Meta Knight​
PM Wolf​
Smash 4 Bayonetta​
Whoever is best in Ultimate​
The Ultimatest Showdown.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

I'll start:
Smash Logo. Begins with a large shot of Bowser's. Cut to one of the hallways leading up to the throne room. A shadow is jumping between columns, taking down Goombas, Koopas, and other mooks. A lone Shy Guy stands alert, ready for a fight. The shadow vaults over the Shy Guy, taking it's mask off, and says, "I'll reveal your true form!" The shadow stands behind the Shy Guy and stands up, revealing Joker from Persona 5 as he summons Arsen behind him. Newcomer splash: "Joker steals the show!" Commence gameplay. Background music is Last Surprise. Joker's moveset revolves around the use of various Persona that can perform different attacks. Most of his attacks use Arsen, but he also uses series staples like Jack Frost and Jack-o"-Lantern. His final Smash has him pull out his model gun and shoot the opponent(s) in front of him, stunning them. Following that, he uses an All-Out Attack with Ryuji, Ann, and Morgana on those stunned. The post scene is Joker busting into the treasure room, which holds a kidnapped Princess Peach. Behind him you can hear Bowser roar. Trailer end.

I might make one for Sora if I can think of one.
Oh; I actually have many basics ideas written in Smashboards...

There is my idea for a Micaiah reveal!

After the Smash Logo... We start in a calm, sunny and cheerful day, everything at peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJinY6wxTM

With a character (I will Ike in at least this version), walking around that place, he ended up finding a place to rest for a moment it looks like some kind of forgotten fortress with some broken parts letting the sun light being visible but not annoying. Things are nice for a moment, some birds are flying around, we in particular see a orange bird around the other birds (this doesn't initially too important outside of being a non common color compared with the rest of the more white-ish birds)

During a moment the music stops slowly and, the day becomes cloudier and darker, Ike notices something is weird and looks to his sides, nothing it's happening unti he sees he is now surronded for the *insert generic Cruel Arena Enemies, if they're Miis again make them look unnatural and a bit creepy, or at least feel soulless*,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unK2NnmVGfY

and they're approaching him... Ike maintains and steady position, try to search and blink space, but there are so many

*I don't have idea which music use for the short battle scene, maybe Time Of Action*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZSmJAoQ-44

A light ball drops from the sky and obliterate some of the enemies, letting Ike go outside his surronded position and now having the advantage (after all is Ike), and completing the fight with the help of this mysterious magician.

Ike looks up to the position of the mage, someone was also here in the fortress, but in a higher ground, he sees a female figure, the camera closes up, and we see Micaiah joining the battle... but isn't done yet, Micaiah decided to go down and approach Ike, they don't have a moment to actually interact because more of these beings are appearing, Ike and Micaiah join forces again to battle them, and then we go to gameplay. I think for this part the music would actually be a remix using these songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCuQFbPTzLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_9C4t0bmk

Also; the post-gameplay ending.

The ending features Micaiah healing Ike's wound in his left arm; Ike is sit down in the place where he was before the enemy appear, now is Yune flying around Ike's head, Micaiah says something like "You always get people's attention, even when you don't want it".

This is a description of the sittuation (Ike got pretty much all the punishment), and a half-joke.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Otacon: I dunno, Snake. Have you seen Cloud's, even Ike's? Seriously, I think anyone who uses a sword is compensating for something.
Raiden: ...
Otacon: Oh, hey, Raiden. What's up?

Considering Snipperclips doesn't have a unique logo of it's own, we're probably not getting a Stage from it.
Or maybe they're hiding the logo because the stage wasn't confirmed/ready yet.

You never know.

DoctorSanity

Smash Journeyman
I want Petey Piranha back as an assist trophy or enemy in a pseudo-adventure mode because I grew up in the nintendo era where Petey Piranha was playable in all the mario spinoff games and I desperately miss my plant powerhouse

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

What the heck, I'll throw my hat into this ring.
~Cue Smash logo
~The trailer begins with the "Third Party 7" in an intensive fight, with Bayonetta noticing an incoming fireball. The others proceed to dodge an array of different things (pike balls, cannonballs, and finally a purple lock of hair nearly striking Bayo's face. The camera pans to the assailant and...
"SHANTAE HITS THE TOWN!"
~Cue gameplay montage, stage showcase, & Final Smash. Cut to Smash Ultimate title.
~Post-logo scene could show off Bayo and Shantae dancing with one another.
I just really want her, 'kay?

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
oh... oh... oh god.

I know you not gonna act like and forgot melee Ice Climbets wobbling and Brawl chain grabs :))

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Apparently Project M's best characters were Meta Knight (natch) and Wolf.

So...
64 Pikachu​
Melee Fox​
Brawl Meta Knight​
PM Wolf​
Smash 4 Bayonetta​
Whoever is best in Ultimate​
The Ultimatest Showdown.
Also, I gotta know... What would "The Lamest Showdown" be?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I remember doing this in the Smash 4 Days. Found my old post. Looking back, kinda would suck for Paper Mario fans(Sorry guys! I like the Paper Mario series too!). I'll do a new one later. For now, here is my old idea for a Character Reveal Trailer.

Beginning Background Music

We see a small Toad sitting with someone, a book in his arms. The camera switches to the book, and shows Paper Mario. It seems as if the other is telling a story to the young Toad with purple stripes on his Mushroom cap. The young Toad pulls up a Bowser and Peach doll, as if Bowser had kidnapped her. He jumps from the seat, the Paper Mario book falling to the floor, and shows the Mario doll with the other two. He uses Bowser to knock Mario's doll down, and Bowser's roar is heard from the young Toad. He then smirks, turning back to the one who was reading him a story.

GENO WHIRLS IN!!!

The scene would then be Mario, Bowser, Peach, and Geno battling on various Mario stages. The other characters for the trailer for him to fight against would be Samus and Link, plus Luigi and Rosalina & Luma. The trailer would end with Geno, the spirit, leaving the doll's body and it shrinking back down to size. Then, Gaz, the purple Toad, would continue playing with his dolls.
Throw a scene in at the end of the trailer where it shows the book on the floor and then Paper Mario jumps out. Now THAT would really be fan service!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom