• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
EarthBound 2: Electric BoogaLucas.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm betting though, it ends up as Earthbound Endings

Zeox

Smash Champion
Earthbound 2: Pig wars
Earthbound 2: The Chimera Project
Earthbound: Tale of 2 brothers
Earthbound Returns
Earthbound Ending
Earthbound 2: Spankety Spankety Spankety

D

Deleted member

Earthbound 2: Electric Boogaloo

But yeah, the whole naming process for the Mother series is whack. People are too used to the game being Mother 3 at this point to call it anything different.
BREAKING NEWS.

Nintendo announces Earthbound 2.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Earthbound 2: Club Titiboo & Knuckles featuring Captain Falcon from the Super Smash Bros. series.

Also, yeah. Endings would probably end up as the subtitle if they released it here. Unless Itoi decides one day to make another Mother game, which in that case, lol.

D

Deleted member

Earthbound 2: Club Titiboo & Knuckles featuring Captain Falcon from the Super Smash Bros. series.

Also, yeah. Endings would probably end up as the subtitle if they released it here. Unless Itoi decides one day to make another Mother game, which in that case, lol.
EarthBound Endings 2: End Harder

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Basically, it sounds like babbling with the tongue really fast.

Earthworm Jim. The series has been in Japan at least twice, and it'd be easy to make a moveset for him.
Oh that...I thought there was something completely new instead of him overdosing on tax fraud

JayJay55

Smash Journeyman
I want in on this.

EarthBound: Endtimes
EarthBound: No Crying Until the End Edition
EarthBound: Squeal of the Porkies

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I’m surprised we haven’t seen Duster as an Assist Trophy yet now that Kumatora and Boney are in Lucas’s Final Smash.

So is there a list with any changes to the mechanics in Ultimate? I mean it could be in the thread but I’m not reading 2k pages of this ****.

Specifically, does anyone know if you can tech spikes on the ground in this game like in Smash 4? I hope not because that was bull****.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Have you guys seen this thread:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76776470

"https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1013925354682101760

Smash 4 was datamined, revealing Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE BALLOT. Okay, so what?

WELL, I had messaged a friend earlier in JUNE, who had said Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN LESS THAN A MONTH, adding to his credibility of his sources. He had also revealed that Daisy was in the top 20
Bayonetta's data existing in 1.0.6 was known since late 2016, the information just wasn't well publicized for a long time for some reason, and it's difficult to source, so those that knew of it that weren't dataminers (such as myself) couldn't really spread the information about it well until the dataminers publicized it better themselves. As such, that information isn't any real proof of having credible intimate knowledge about actual Ballot placings.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Okay so I always take leaks with a grain of salt and encourage others to as well. That being said, if the 4 chan leak about a direct next week is true, I would be hyped!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So is there a list with any changes to the mechanics in Ultimate? I mean it could be in the thread but I’m not reading 2k pages of this ****.

Specifically, does anyone know if you can tech spikes on the ground in this game like in Smash 4? I hope not because that was bull****.
You can tech footstools now so you probably can still tech spikes.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Soooo nobody knows if there is a mechanics thread? Anybody?

smash boards is trash yo.
Is this what you mean?
https://smashboards.com/threads/the-transition-new-mechanics-re-works-balance-changes-thread.455366/

These """New""" Super Mario games shouldn't exist, period.
There's nothing """new""" about them and they feel lazy as hell.
No, not really.

The first two NSMB games introduced new mechanics and ways to play in 2D Mario games. You've got the unique bosses, wall jumps, star coins, new powerups, 3D Graphics in the 2D games, the diverging paths, the really fun and underrated 2P battle mode, etc. in the DS NSMB, and the NSMBW went even farther and added things such as 4 Player Multiplayer, the bonus world at the end, even more powerups, the return of the Koopalings (this was back in 2009, before the Koopalings started to appear in everything ever), etc.

I'll admit that NSMB2 and NSMBU do much less to add to the formula established by the first two, but they still have unique and new features that are fun to play with.

NSMB2 had the Gold Flower and the Running Cannons, which were alright, and it also had 2P simultaneous Co-op, which was a nice touch.

NSMBU had the Baby Yoshis, Acorns, and the challenge mode. The challenge mode was always fun to play with, and I really enjoyed beating them, and getting new records on second tries.
NSMBU goes further with NSLU which had a unique "100 second speedrun" aspect to its levels, and the first return of Luigi Physics to 2D Mario since I believe Lost Levels.

I absolutely adore NSLU, it's such a fun game to play, and it's decently challenging as well.

There's nothing wrong with disliking the NSMB games, but I can't agree with saying that they're not unique, or don't deserve to exist. That just feels too extreme.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
King as King K Rool
Doll as Geno
Soul as Skull Kid or Mimikyu or King Boo (IDK)
Hmm, I don’t remember Soul being in the original leak. I only remember King, Ponytail, Old Man, Warrior, Secretary, Mech, Doll, Folklore, Prime Ribs, and I feel like I’m forgetting one or two but I def don’t remember Soul.

Anyone got a link to that leak again?

D

Deleted member

Hmm, I don’t remember Soul being in the original leak. I only remember King, Ponytail, Old Man, Warrior, Secretary, Mech, Doll, Folklore, Prime Ribs, and I feel like I’m forgetting one or two but I def don’t remember Soul.

Anyone got a link to that leak again?
The last one is Rhythm iirc. I don't remember Soul either.

Edit: Archer was in it too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Just to stir the Mother 3D rumor/leak pot:

Didn’t Vergeben say that Nintendo was saving Mother 3? Wouldn’t it be perfect to release/revealed soon since 2018 is being mainly held up by only Smash at this point? This is all connecting too much...

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
These """New""" Super Mario games shouldn't exist, period.
There's nothing """new""" about them and they feel lazy as hell.
Well if this leak is right, it would have an actual new unique aesthetic to it, instead of that bland-as-hell NSMB aesthetic used for four straight games. It would be nice to get a new 2D Mario with its own new style.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am just going to say I am feeling very confident that Ashley is going to be the next newcomer confirmed for Ultimate. She will likely be confirmed during the week of WarioWare Gold's release. There is also the possibility that the Chorus Kids might be confirmed at the same time due to the fact that during the week of WarioWare Gold's Japanese release, the DS installment of Rhythm Heaven's Japanese release (which marked the debut of the Chorus Kids) has its ten year anniversary. However, overall, I think Ashley is going to be Smash Fighter #66 (or #67 if Chorus Kids gets confirmed at the same time as Ashley).

I also think that after Ashley's confirmation, we will finally start regularly seeing new content (content that was not shown to us on June 12th) revealed on the Smash Blog. At that point, things will get very interesting. Confirmations and deconfirmations as we count down the remaining four months until release.

There is a possibility though that we might get new content revealed tonight in anticipation for the releases of the Captain Toad ports (Assist Trophy, stage, or possibly even an item). However, the other possibility is that we get Peach as our character of the day, and Sakurai uses his "memories" post on the Japanese side of things to mention Captain Toad is coming out due to Toad being part of Peach's moveset. We shall see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom