• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Have you guys seen this thread:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76776470

"https://twitter.com/Ruben_dal/status/1013925354682101760

Smash 4 was datamined, revealing Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE BALLOT. Okay, so what?

WELL, I had messaged a friend earlier in JUNE, who had said Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN LESS THAN A MONTH, adding to his credibility of his sources. He had also revealed that Daisy was in the top 20

https://i.imgur.com/1ExbL9l.png

* Note: I removed some parts in my private message screenshots to keep the dude confidential and respect his/her privacy. No other parts of the screenshots are edited.. the dates read/sent are real.. a month before this datamine came out

People seem to underestimate Daisy's popularity. The fact she comes from the Super Mario series alone makes her more iconic than 70% of this game's roster. Combined with my efforts and campaign to get Daisy in smash, we got her in this game!

Due to
A.) Daisy's Popularity in the ballot
B.) Michaeloll, memoryman and we are daisy
C.) Daisy's importance to her series over irrelevant characters such as Waluigi

A,B, and C, Daisy became a playable character in this game!

If you claim she got in this game due to easily clonable, then that is FALSE!"

"I copy and pasted some of the prviate message convo from here

"Around that time I had let my friend use my account to post explanations to the last several DLC fighters, how the Smash Ballot worked, and the update that altered shield damage before Cloud's reveal. I believe that you specifically asked him about Daisy's placement on the Smash Ballot and he revealed that she was the 20th most requested character after getting rid of meme choices. I think it was 20th, it's been some time since then so I can't recall for sure but it was somewhere around there."

"In any case, most of the "real" voting was finished within a month's time so even if there were some discrepancies between the actual count and the count used for the final vote it was still about 90% accurate. The Ballot was mostly to determine possible series representation in future installments anyway, particularly in regards to third parties. Knowing what companies you want to work out potential licensing issues with early on in the game's development makes it easier to implement their properties in the base game or as early DLC." - Sent June 15, 2018"

Does this user have any form of past credibility? His information is especially interesting, in regards to third-party representation. Given what representation we seen of third parties like the Bomberman Assist, I think his info might hold a bit of merit.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Majora? The creature in the mask? I can get behind that.

Boy, wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth for Skull Kid fans?
Honestly I wouldn’t even be mad.

I’d kinda prefer Skull Kid, but I’d gladly take a playable Majora’s Wrath, or even Majora’s Incarnation. Hell, if they could somehow pull off just the floating mask with the tentacles, I’d take it.

Playable Majora’s Wrath in HD tho...

D

Deleted member

QUESTION
If there was a story mode in SSBU, how would it end?

Smash 4 was datamined, revealing Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF THE BALLOT. Okay, so what?

WELL, I had messaged a friend earlier in JUNE, who had said Bayonetta had been planned WITHIN LESS THAN A MONTH, adding to his credibility of his sources. He had also revealed that Daisy was in the top 20

* Note: I removed some parts in my private message screenshots to keep the dude confidential and respect his/her privacy. No other parts of the screenshots are edited.. the dates read/sent are real.. a month before this datamine came out

People seem to underestimate Daisy's popularity. The fact she comes from the Super Mario series alone makes her more iconic than 70% of this game's roster. Combined with my efforts and campaign to get Daisy in smash, we got her in this game!

Due to

"Around that time I had let my friend use my account to post explanations to the last several DLC fighters, how the Smash Ballot worked, and the update that altered shield damage before Cloud's reveal. I believe that you specifically asked him about Daisy's placement on the Smash Ballot and he revealed that she was the 20th most requested character after getting rid of meme choices. I think it was 20th, it's been some time since then so I can't recall for sure but it was somewhere around there."

"In any case, most of the "real" voting was finished within a month's time so even if there were some discrepancies between the actual count and the count used for the final vote it was still about 90% accurate. The Ballot was mostly to determine possible series representation in future installments anyway, particularly in regards to third parties. Knowing what companies you want to work out potential licensing issues with early on in the game's development makes it easier to implement their properties in the base game or as early DLC." - Sent June 15, 2018"

Does this user have any form of past credibility? His information is especially interesting, in regards to third-party representation. Given what representation we seen of third parties like the Bomberman Assist, I think his info might hold a bit of merit.
Good point!
About Ridley though.
I think Ridley was added because they knew he would bring on the hype as he has been requested ever since Melee's times.
I think Ridley did well in the ballot as well.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Due to

Hmm... interesting. Very interesting.

The fact the Smash Devs consider "character alliances" "cute" is, in itself, cute to me. :laugh:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Captain Toad would not jump correct right? Sense Toad can’t jump in Captain Toad: treasure Tracker.
If he did get in, his falling speed would most likely make it certain death offstage, but who knows?
We've gone over this more then a dozen times in discussions before E3 came down. They'd either find some clever workaround for the "Can't Jump" feature and arguably adds to potential uniqueness in the moveset as a result or they'd simply have him pack lighter so he can jump and/or recover. Though even Regular Toad's (SMB2, NSMB, and 3D World) were never the best jumpers. They were slightly more speedy then the rest of the cast.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
OKAY!

I've compiled a list of the top ten most active, and most supported Newcomers on this site.
They are ordered by the number of Supporters. The sole exceptions are K. Rool, Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee: K. Rool has a Support List so huge that BKupa666 had to stop recording them; Krystal and Bandana Waddle Dee simply don't seem to have Support Lists? Maybe they were in the same boat, I don't know. I had to use K. Rool's Smash 4 era support list, but I imagine it's... bigger, let's just say that.

K. Rool
#1 Most Active; 661 Known Supporters​
Isaac
#3 Most Active; 372 Supporters​
Dixie Kong
#8 Most Active; 202 Supporters​
Captain Toad
#11 Most Active*; 151 Supporters​
Lip
#7 Most Active; 117 Supporters​
Ashley
#2 Most Active; 86 Supporters​
Takamaru
#9 Most Active; 62 Supporters​
Geno
#6 Most Active; 52 Supporters​
Elma
#10 Most Active*; 50 Supporters​
Krystal
#4 Most Active; Unknown Support Number​
B. W. Dee
#5 Most Active; Unknown Support Number​

*With Captain Toad and Elma, their threads were equally active, and had almost the same amount of posts when I was compiling the list.
Hey KMDP, just a heads up but it seems the Ashley support thread is at approximately 138 supporters now. The list was just updated.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hey KMDP, just a heads up but it seems the Ashley support thread is at approximately 138 supporters now. The list was just updated.
Thanks! I'll double-check and edit the post with the new info. :grin:

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Waluigi makes perfect sense as a DLC.

• his rabid fanbase would pay for him
• code could block his AT appearance
• his trailer shows Mario and Luigi racing for an AT in middle of stage. AT shakes, appalling the fighters, then bursts revealing the long one.
• Waluigi would cheat to get in a game

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

These are all of the past stage that have not been revealed (credits to ElemtrikDynomite on Reddit for this). Considering how not all of these may come back, which stages would you all like to see return (31 stages are here).
They better bring back Fountain.

I don’t think Miiverse, Pyrosphere, Windy Hill, MARIO Bros, or Hanenbow I’ll return though.

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi makes perfect sense as a DLC.

• his rabid fanbase would pay for him
• code could block his AT appearance
• his trailer shows Mario and Luigi racing for an AT in middle of stage. AT shakes, appalling the fighters, then bursts revealing the long one.
• Waluigi would cheat to get in a game
Waluigi shall be low tier and at the highest mid tier

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

These are all of the past stage that have not been revealed (credits to ElemtrikDynomite on Reddit for this). Considering how not all of these may come back, which stages would you all like to see return (31 stages are here).
Yoshi's Island (Melee), Peach's Castle, Pirate Ship, Hanenbow, Woolly World and Paper Mario

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Due to

I never questioned Daisy's popularity. It's just that SmashBoards and many other sites gave her a lot of undeserved hate and acted like Waluigi was in a phenomenally different position than her when truthfully, both characters depended on the same spin-off games for relevancy.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ah yes, that whole one mainline-ish game for the GameBoy.

If Daisy appearing in one mainline game over 20 years ago makes her seriously important, despite being only in spin-offs since, then Birdo is just as important to the Mario series.

Daisy isn’t important or essential to the Mario series. She’s a spin-off character. That’s not a bad thing (proud Waluigi supporter) but don’t act like she’s part of the mainline cast when she’s just not.

Not really...
It wasn’t the only factor, but it certainly helped.

You’re saying Daisy was 20th place after all the meme characters.

That’s really not that high. It’s up there, but she’s not one of the best of the best. It’d actually take me some time to think of 19 other really popular characters that stick out.

Do you believe Sakurai said something like this:
“Daisy got 20th place! She NEEDS to be in this game solely due to this popularity!”

or did he say something like this:
“Daisy got 20th place! That’s not TOO high, but she would be an easy clone of Peach, so why not toss her in!”

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Imagine for a second that Nintendo is using this dual Smash/Mario Aces thing to reveal a newcomer.

But it has to be a Mario newcomer and they are appearing both Smash and Mario Tennis Aces.

Who do you pick? So help me god if any of you delinquents say Waluigi.
WaMr. L

WaMr. L is a new Mario character. He is tall and lanky, with thin arms and legs. He wears black overalls with pointed black shoes and a purple cap. Inside his cap is an upside down purple letter L. He is shy, but very powerful, and has become a mainstay in the Mario series. Even getting some game series of his own. He refers to himself as the Purple Lightning, and is never seen without his trusty Badminton racquet.

His identity remains completely unknown, but one thing everyone agrees on is that he totally, absolutely , positively does not resemble any other existing Mario character. This is supported by the fact that he has appeared alongside every notable Mario character, so it remains a mystery as to who he could really be.

What by hefty fine mean?
You could get warnings, which could lead to infractions, which could lead to a ban.

We've gone over this more then a dozen times in discussions before E3 came down. They'd either find some clever workaround for the "Can't Jump" feature and arguably adds to potential uniqueness in the moveset as a result or they'd simply have him pack lighter so he can jump and/or recover. Though even Regular Toad's (SMB2, NSMB, and 3D World) were never the best jumpers. They were slightly more speedy then the rest of the cast.
Yeah, we've been talking about this for a while. Just because he can't jump doesn't mean he can't get into Smash. He would just need some work done to him.

Zeox

Smash Champion
I dunno if this was posted already, but
1531338590376.jpg
You think is real? You think is fake? well, none of that matters, because in the same 4chan thread that it was posted:

nintenfa.png

1531340934983.png
Sorry if someone already said it.

The Kirbyister

Smash Apprentice
WaMr. L

WaMr. L is a new Mario character. He is tall and lanky, with thin arms and legs. He wears black overalls with pointed black shoes and a purple cap. Inside his cap is an upside down purple letter L. He is shy, but very powerful, and has become a mainstay in the Mario series. Even getting some game series of his own. He refers to himself as the Purple Lightning, and is never seen without his trusty Badminton racquet.

His identity remains completely unknown, but one thing everyone agrees on is that he totally, absolutely , positively does not resemble any other existing Mario character. This is supported by the fact that he has appeared alongside every notable Mario character, so it remains a mystery as to who he could really be.

You could get warnings, which could lead to infractions, which could lead to a ban.

Yeah, we've been talking about this for a while. Just because he can't jump doesn't mean he can't get into Smash. He would just need some work done to him.
Oh thank for explaining what hefty fine means

You must be new here.
I am too.
Can you delete a comment though?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Reveal trailer shows Captain Toad removing his backpack. The game reveals he has the highest jump(s) in Smash history.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Why do people think waluigi is going to be in smash, waluigi is a assist trophie.
It's not that they expect him. they're demanding him.
And not to mention, Some Youtube videos have made some videos suggesting he may still make it.
It could happen. but the chances are slim.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean

It’s not as simple as the Conductor Toon Link/Alphonso situation. The TL/Alphonso thing is simple programming and IF statements, but making an AT, FS cameo, or victory screen cameo playable would undoubtedly be a lot harder. They’d have to remove and/or replace whole bytes of data to make that happen, and that’s a lot more work cause they then gotta test it extensively to make sure there are no bugs. and I dropped the programming track in college halfway through.

I was a huge supporter of Fiora back in the day, but I’ve resigned to her fate of being a FS cameo and am not holding my breath for any “miracles”, cause it’s very unlikely if not impossible that’ll ever happen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

SMASH 64 STAGES: I think all of them have a way to return in some shape or form. Mushroom Kingdom is iffy because I think we already have a few stages labeled as Mushroomy Kingdom, which can be confusing if the stages aren't laid out by order of appearance. You could also just label it as Mushroom Kingdom (64) like all the other 64 stages. Sector Z and Planet Zebes I believe have potential to be remodeled into 8-Player variants of their more modern incarnations since they can't hold 8-Players compared to them (for reference, ALL 64 stages can hold 8 players in Smash 4)

RAINBOW CRUISE: It's neither here or there, if it comes back it just comes back.
YOSHI'S ISLAND: This was in Smash 4, I don't see how you couldn't update the graphics/models and call it a day to make it a stage. It will likely return.
FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS: It would be criminal not to.
POKE FLOATS: You could modernize this to include newer Pokemon, so I think that could create good potential for a half-new half-old stage.
BRINSTAR DEPTHS: It's neither here or there, if it comes back then people will meme it probably.
MUTE CITY: Port Aero Drive already exists as its replacement, unless Mute City can hold 8 players I don't see a purpose in bringing it back.
ICICLE MOUNTAIN: It's neither here or there, if it comes back it just comes back.

DELFINO PLAZA: It would be criminal not to, especially since a remix is already in.
MARIO BROS.: It's neither here or there, if it comes back it just comes back.
RUMBLE FALLS: It's Brawl Icicle Mountain.
PIRATE SHIP: This was in Smash 4, I don't see how you couldn't update the graphics/models and call it a day to make it a stage. It will likely return.
HANENBOW: IIRC legal issues mean its out or something. Could be wrong.

GOLDEN PLAINS: It's neither here or there, if it comes back it just comes back. If they really like NSMB2 that much, I don't see why not.
RAINBOW ROAD: It was the 3DS replacement for the MK8 stage Wii U got. It's up for if Sakurai wants only one or multiple MK tracks.
LITERALLY ANYTHING PAST THAT POINT IN SMASH 4: It's neither here or there, if it comes back it just comes back.
MIIVERSE: Rest in Peace, sweet prince.

Last edited:

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
QUESTION
At the end of the game the gang catches Tabuu and ties him up. They take off his mask revealing he was actually the old man they met earlier at the lighthouse. The police come to take him away.

"I would've got away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids! And your :ultduckhunt: too!"

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Due to

Daisy supposedly making top 20 is believable, though I would've guessed maybe a little bit lower.

As for the user having credibility, I remain doubtful. Once again, it's too easy to make things up and call it real. I could easily claim that Bomberman was in the top 25, and thus made into an Assist Trophy, or that the ballot votes were 'taken early to avoid bots'.

It's an interesting post, sure, but not one that I see anything credible behind.

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
QUESTION
Everyone is about to die from one last blow by Tabuu. But then, suddenly, Simon Belmont appears and saves everyone. The final boss fight then happens, and after the fight, the world is restored, and the credits play with the right side of the screen showing various snippits of the cutscenes you saw throughout the adventure.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright let's talk about song inclusions. A lot of the original Mother OST is actually really good. Since we got a stage for each of the three games, I think each having their fair share of the music from each game would be great.

This is a pretty good one. The 8-bit version is also good but the original is too kino.

Well, Galacta Knight is a Meta Knight skin.

God the fact that it isn't actually cracked and just painted over irks me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom