• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Until we hear (well, read) "We are having an annoucement at [time:date], stay tuned!" directly from Nintendo, we shouldn't expect anything.
Suggesting we need to learn to keep our expectations in check? So we don't expect literally everything we want all the time? Get the **** out of here with this logical thinking, if you aren't screaming "OMG MY FAVE CONFIRMED" you aren't a REAL Smash fan

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm about to go on a Bethesda kick again. I know any Bethesda character is unlikely in the base game because of them just now jumping on board with Nintendo since the 80's, but, as DLC, which character do you think is the most likely and which one do you want the most out of:

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)
B. J. Blazkowicz (Wolfenstein)
The Wanderer or The Vault Boy (Fallout)

Personally, I think it's a tie for likeliness between Dragonborn and Doom Slayer but as a want i think Doom Slayer edges him out.

Also, while I'm on it, how likely do you think it is we'll get ANY Bethesda character?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'll still tune in for non-camera recorded gameplay, but if it turns out to be one of those stupid talkshow things, I'll pass.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I'm about to go on a Bethesda kick again. I know any Bethesda character is unlikely in the base game because of them just now jumping on board with Nintendo since the 80's, but, as DLC, which character do you think is the most likely and which one do you want the most out of:

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

Personally, I think it's a tie for likeliness between Dragonborn and Doom Slayer but as a want i think Doom Slayer edges him out.

Also, while I'm on it, how likely do you think it is we'll get ANY Bethesda character?
I'm honestly not sure I see it ever happening, but I'd pick Vault Boy if I had to. He's iconic, and the cartoony vibe would fit well with this version of Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Recently, I was thinking about something. What if Shinya Kumazaki was chosen as Sakurai's successor for this series?

It would make sense, not only is he heavily involved with the Kirby series, Kirby's standard moveset in his games are close enough to Smash mechanics (including the air dodge), so I imagine the transition would be smooth enough. Given his stories, he might be in the best position to do a spiritual successor to SSE. Of course, I can't help but think that one of the first things he'd do is immediately bolster the amount of Kirby characters with some non-Sakurai-related ones that people are asking for. :p Is he a fan of any series in particular?

osby

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of saving characters for the next game...When are we getting another Smash?

Not only is this the second year of a, no pun-intended, "Smash hit" console, but this game is based on packing in as much content as possible. It's being designed with longevity in mind considering the focus on solid, competitively viable gameplay. There are more Assist Trophies than ever. Every character in the series is back. A lot of stages are returning when they hadn't before.

In addition, this is the 2nd (technically 3rd) straight Smash game that Sakurai has worked on without being on another project. That's if you count Wii U and 3DS as two separate games.

Now, I can't say this with total certainty but it seems to me that this game is meant for the long haul. This isn't really meant to be replaced with a true successor for some time. Unless, of course, they're just going to try and reboot Smash (bad idea in my humble opinion).

If the Switch, as a console, has a healthy lifespan, we're not going to see a new Smash for a loooooooong time. It will be at least until there's a new version or successor to the Switch. In between this Smash and the next, we could absolutely see ARMS 2 + 3, a few more new IP, another Xenoblade, another Generation or two of Pokemon, etc... There is plenty that would happen in between this Smash and the next.

Are they going to add literally every character that makes sense to be added right now? Eh, I'd be surprised if that happened. However, make no mistake, I cannot see how DLC wouldn't be implemented for this game in the form of Spring Man at the very least. In terms of "series representation" in the forms of the characters themselves, DLC will be the perfect way to tie up any loose ends that characters in between the project plan and now are a part of.

After that, when we have newer games or newer series, reserve those characters for the next Smash. It is clear that Ultimate is meant to be a focus for Nintendo for an extended period of time after release. I wouldn't even be surprised to see a yearly Invitational at E3 considering the emphasis they not only placed on the event itself, but the coverage of competitive techniques in the Direct as well as some of the gameplay footage from the Treehouse.

To close, any remaining characters after this game are simply not going to stack up to any veteran. Ridley definitely got a pop out of fans with his reveal, but the true cheers in a ton of reaction videos (such as the one in NYC) came from the returning veterans like Ice Climbers, Pokemon Trainer, and Snake. There's a value and focus on veterans and Smash history. Because of this, I personally feel Smash is going to be on an extended hiatus. Yes, it's a money maker and it might not make complete sense to not release a new Smash, but this is the biggest one yet and for good reason.

This game will continue to make Smash history in a big way. They're very likely going to go all out, or at least "as all-out as they can".

That's my humble opinion anyway.
*slow clapping*

Also, to be serious, I don't think Sakurai ever really saves content for the next games. It we don't get a character (or any other kind of other game content), it will simply be a result of conditions. We might not get somethings even with this game but not for the sake of potential next games.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So who do you think could be the next newcomers announced?

I'm thinking we could see Ashley or a DK character announced soon personally.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

First off, I think Bethesda is an impossibility.

Second off, DOOMGUY FOR SMASH.
A dozen flashy weapons to choose from, hundreds of brutal grabs, an emphasis on violent punching, a unique personality of sheer rage and anger shown without a single word, AND a badass space warrior design?

He's perfect.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

I personally believe Dragonborn would be chosen due to how big of a cultural presence Skyrim has in modern times.

osby

Smash Obsessed
[QUOTE="Idon, post: 22200564, member: 398792"
A dozen flashy weapons to choose from, hundreds of brutal grabs, an emphasis on violent punching, a unique personality of sheer rage and anger shown without a single word, AND a badass space warrior design?

He's perfect.[/QUOTE]

So, he's like Samus?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So who do you think could be the next newcomers announced?

I'm thinking we could see Ashley or a DK character announced soon personally.
We really don't have anything to go off of besides our own personal opinions and total guesses. Before the Vergeben rumor, everyone thought Metroid was one of the least likely franchises to receive a newcomer.

Not even close.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
[QUOTE="Idon, post: 22200564, member: 398792"

He's perfect.
So, he's like Samus?[/QUOTE]
Imagine more violent and more reliant on actual weaponry than the armcannon.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
We really don't have anything to go off of besides our own personal opinions and total guesses. Before the Vergeben rumor, everyone thought Metroid was one of the least likely franchises to receive a newcomer.

Not even close.
I mean Ashley I'm supposing because of the release of Warioware Gold.

The DK characters moreso because they're highly requested so announcing them now would make sense.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Scorpion fits well in this cast now that we have Ridley with his impale tail.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
New Roster. This one entertains the possibility of semi-clones and mah boi Ninten. (78-82 Characters)
This is my alternate one: https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-discussion.434391/page-1858

View attachment 152604
There are ten original fighters here and four Echo Fighters. This roster officially has newcomers for Super Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid. My prediction is that Bowser, Inkling, and Ridley will get eight additional alts for Dry Bowser, Octoling, and Meta Ridley.

Dixie Kong, Dark Samus, and Rex are not echoes, but there share a lot of similarities with Diddy Kong, Samus, and Shulk including some moves. Despite this, they are still very unique, especially Rex. All of his specials are original, but his smash attacks resemble Shulk's.

Original (10):
  • King K. Rool
  • Dixie Kong
  • Ridley
  • Dark Samus
  • Mimikyu
  • Rex
  • Inkling
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Excitebike
  • Simon
Echo Fighters (4):
  • Daisy
  • Impa
  • Hilda
  • Ninten
Of the history we have and all the criticism aside, THIS is hands down your best roster you've made. Period.

Only difference is I'd take Mimikkyu and replace it with something else from Gen 7. I'm not a fan of Hilda and Ninten, but they can work if used correctly. And Crash....needs more Crash

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Joker might make more sense. He's recent, his game sold more and he uses a more unique weapon. Though any Persona character would make me scream in joy.
I’d personally say Yu is the more iconic protagonist, his game has been around for longer and has more longevity as a result and he’s picked up quite the name for himself (He’s even gone toe-to-toe with the Blazblue, Under-Night-InBirth, and RWBY cast) so I’d see it being him tbh.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I’d personally say Yu is the more iconic protagonist, his game has been around for longer and has more longevity as a result and he’s picked up quite the name for himself (He’s even gone toe-to-toe with the Blazblue, Under-Night-InBirth, and RWBY cast) so I’d see it being him tbh.
Well to be fair for the last one, that's because Atlus had P4A's assets already. If it was P5A or P3A that had a fighting game made, I'm pretty sure they'd go toe to toe in BBCTB instead.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd agree but it's hard to say if he's the Cloud of Persona, considering there is no massive amounts of difference between him and Joker/P3 Hero. Both seems plausible choises.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

How likely? Not.

Sakurai's yet to work with a Western developer, so I can't really see it happening.

But still...OH GOD I WANT DOVAHKIIN!!!

I feel Doomguy and Dovahkiin have the best chances out of those. Both have been ported to Switch, so there is some Nintendo pretense here. The other two might be a bit too violent. Skyrim was the 2nd game ever shown off for the Switch (before even Mario), which they definitely used to show off the Switch was a 'big boy' console and could run those big games. Also, BotW definitely did take a lot of cues from Skyrim and RPGs of the like. Doom, on the other hand, is older and is a progenitor of the FPS genre. Both are memtically popular games worldwide as well.

I prefer Elder Scrolls as a franchise just because I like the open-world RPG. Skyrim was glorious, and I love the Nordic artstyle. I feel he'd make a great fighter with the swords/shouts combo - I'm writing up a full moveset and I'll post in in his thread in the next few days. For me, if I could have anyone, I'd take the Dragonborn. Doomguy might have the edge in popularity, but he does get a bit 'generic Space Marine' at times, which has conceptual overlaps with Master Chief and Samus. I think he'd make a good Assist trophy, honestly.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

If we get any Bethsda character it has to be the Dragonborn.

"How likely is it?" Not.

But hey between the Dragonborn and Monster Hunter id be super excited for either. Heck, give me both. No one would expect that.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

Lol, imagine the Doom Slayer in Smash.
His final smash is that he grabs someone and rips their limbs off.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Lol, imagine the Doom Slayer in Smash.
His final smash is that he grabs someone and rips their limbs off.
Naaah son.
He smashes em into the floor, puts a foot on them, aims the BFG straight in their face, and lets that bad boy RIP AND TEAR.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Well, to be fair, they could easily port Yu over from Persona 4 arena whereas they hadn't even developed Joker yet.

The developer even said he would have loved to include Persona 5 characters but he had to save them for the eventual P5A.

Don't ask me for a source you can scroll through Cross Tag's reddit, its in there somewhere. Breaks done so no more time to find it.:p

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Literally the BFG is like the most perfect Final Smash if Doom Slayer ever got in.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I kind of unironically support solaire for smash. Never played dark souls but I love Sword and Shield fighting styles and three links is too little >:/

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I kind of unironically support solaire for smash. Never played dark souls but I love Sword and Shield fighting styles and three links is too little >:/
Well Solaire is interesting that on top of that he's a faith user so he can use shockwaves, lightning, and buffing.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
New Roster. This one entertains the possibility of semi-clones and mah boi Ninten. (78-82 Characters)
This is my alternate one: https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-discussion.434391/page-1858

View attachment 152604
There are ten original fighters here and four Echo Fighters. This roster officially has newcomers for Super Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid. My prediction is that Bowser, Inkling, and Ridley will get eight additional alts for Dry Bowser, Octoling, and Meta Ridley.

Dixie Kong, Dark Samus, and Rex are not echoes, but there share a lot of similarities with Diddy Kong, Samus, and Shulk including some moves. Despite this, they are still very unique, especially Rex. All of his specials are original, but his smash attacks resemble Shulk's.

Original (10):
  • King K. Rool
  • Dixie Kong
  • Ridley
  • Dark Samus
  • Mimikyu
  • Rex
  • Inkling
  • Rhythm Heaven
  • Excitebike
  • Simon
Echo Fighters (4):
  • Daisy
  • Impa
  • Hilda
  • Ninten
This is... my dream roster??? I mean, no Bandana Dee, but I'd be EXTREMELY happy with this. haha.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Well Solaire is interesting that on top of that he's a faith user so he can use shockwaves, lightning, and buffing.
Sounds cool! You could probably work out a unique non-link-esque moveset out of that. I'd like to see it!

EDIT: While on the topic of Hilda as a zelda echo, if you need a zelda echo from the zelda series, Why not Twili Midna?

(Yes I know Imp midna is an assist trophy, but if Hyrule warriors can distinguish the two, so can smash :p )

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

The Doom Slayer (Doom)
The Dragonborn (Skyrim)

We need to breach the "western third party" seal before bethesdas in the running, though most of the major japanese companies have a character in smash right now so it might be time to dip over seas for some characters. i'd say doom slayer is the most likely from a pure video game history perspective though id rather have dragonborn or vault boy just because i dig those series more, i still think bethesda would be further down the line for western developers getting characters though i could see them getting someone in smash being the "cloud DLC" of this game (totally unexpected never thought it could happen character at the end of the DLC)... we will have to wait and see.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Anyone know what leak he's talking about? Was there a leak recently that got something right?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 12.16.39 PM.png

It's the leak signal! You know what that means...

That's right, I'm back with another set for ya'll. Spoilers: there's bonus leak this time.
Since the leak is being accepted as fake, no one is worried about it here. I figured it was safe to reveal their identities.

You guys got a lot of these right, I'm impressed.

King is King K Rool. Ponytail is Dixie Kong. Dixie Kong is an echo character. You can expect their official announcement 7/15.

Old man is Mishima. Harada is the one who posited the idea to Sakurai.

Archer is Decidueye. Most speculation I saw agreed on this.

Warrior & Secretary refer to Charlie and Brittany from Pikmin 3. Charlie uses Rock Pikmin.

Mech is Kirby in his suit from Planet Robobot. He will be shown as a Dream Friend in Star Allies and then shown in Smash. The announcement is VERY strange.

The last characters are all from games that will soon release on the Switch. The first two games have been announced.
Rhythm is Neku from The World Ends With You. Folklore is Amaterasu from Okami HD.

Doll is Geno from Mario RPG.
This game will not be a remake, but a spiritual successor of sorts. Similar to the way a Link Between Worlds and A Link to the Past are related.

Prime Rib is Ninten from Mother.
Retro Studios is working on this title, actually. Check out their twitter.

Related to this widely reported 4chan "leak". Weird roster, but Neku in Smash Bros? That's my new main right there.
>[3DS Headlines]
Nintendo Direct August 5th
>Skyrim and Super Mario 3D World for 3DS
>More details for Luigi's Mansion Remake and Mario & Luigi Remake
>Wario Ware Gold Amiibo
>[Switch Headlines]
>Super Mario Odyssey DLC pack for November 2018 and DLC pack 2 for 2019
>Zelda: Breath of The Wild GOTY edition
>Simon Belmont and Rex trailer for Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
>Prey for november 2018 and Fallout 76 for 2019
>A Hat In a Time and Nuclear Throne in the nindies section
>Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X ports for 2019
>Yoshi Pop Star trailer and launch march 19th
>Kirby Star Allies Heroes
>Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee has amiibo
>Not Animal Crossing, no StarFox, no Pokemon 2019 and no Metroid Prime 4

In line with what you'd expect for a Nintendo Direct leak. A believable enough fall and beyond lineup for Nintendo. Overall, it's safe. It's got a kill switch, so we'll see with this one.
So I got the Smash Leaks for ya. I am an intern who works closely with Bill Trien, I'm helping with the translations. So here's the inside scoop for my fellow Anons

First off, Sakurai insisted on a new rule that no playable characters have a tint that makes them too closely resemble another playable character.

Fox, Ike, Samus, Mario, Diddy Kong, and Lucas have had tints replaced for this reason

Fox and Mario had their Wolf and Wario alts replaced with an all purple Fox and Builder Mario for this reason. Big whoop. Here's where it gets interesting.

Chrom, Dark Samus, Masked Man, and Dixie Kong will be joining the roster

Chrom and Dark Samus are straight echos

Masked Man and Dixie are something to be revealed called a "Frankenstein", of which Masked Man will be the poster child of. Basically it's two characters mashed together

Dixie Kong is a Frankenstein of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, her Up-B and Down B are Donkey Kong's, but her Side-B and B are Diddy Kong's, with many of her A animations split between the two (though it more closely resembles Diddy Kong)

Masked Man is a Frankenstein of Toon Link (for A moves), Lucas (for B moves), though he has PK Flash instead of PK Freeze. He has "Helmetless" as an Alt, which is why Lucas lost his Claus skin, but kept his Masked Man inspired skin.

There are VERY FEW characters with unique movesets, but the Echos and Frankensteins make up for them. Few surprises here, with most of the uniques being from the poll.

Some of the DLC is half-done and there are extensive plans from upper management to make Smash last "Longer than the switch itself if possible"

Most of the early DLC will be new third parties for whom negotiation did not finish in time. You got K.Rool for this reason, so be happy.

DLC Wave 1 will include
Waluigi (Requested by Reggie, Mario and Luigi will lose their Waluigi alts in a patch)
Simon Belmont
Banjo Kazooie
Shantae

Stages
Isle Delfino
Diddy Kong Racing (a reskinned Isle Delfino)
Paper Jam (a sequel to the Paper Mario stage, has Mario and Luigi Content)
Poke Floats
Fountain Of Dreams

Uniques
Inkling
Ridley
Geno
Sceptile (did well on the poll)
Mimikyu
Isaac
King K.Rool
Waddle Dee
Ashley
Foreman Spike

Echos
Ninten (In memory of Iwata, who worked on Mother 1)
Chrom
Dark Samus
Isabelle (Digby as an alt)
Captain Toad (Heavier Waddle Dee)
Black Shadow (Melee Ganondorf)
9-Volt (Game and Watch)

Frankensteins
Tiki (Of Corrin and Zelda)
Masked Man
Leon (Wolf and Falco)
Dixie Kong
Baby Mario Bros. (Mario and Ice Climbers)
Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong and Game And Watch) (Doesn't count as a DKC rep)
Marx (Of Ashley and Meta Knight)
Mach Rider (Captain Falcon and Snake, made the Konami guys a little uncomfortable, which is the only reason he isn't a Snake echo)

Assist Trophies (not all, but some)
Felix (Replaces Isaac)
Gulliver (replace Isabelle)
Red (Replaces Ashley)
Birdo
Eggplant Wizard
Krunch
Paper Mario (His hammer splashes the stage with Color, similar to Inkling's Ink)
Team Dark (Shadow's AT got updated)
Arle (Sega got a lot of ATs)
Adeleine

Palutena's Guidance, Snake's Codec, Cranky's Rants, and Squid Sisters Broadcast are all in and serve the same purpose

Those aren't all the stages btw, just had to make room for characters

Pokemon Tower (Mimikyu's Stage)

A weird one untranslated with the same logo as Hanafuda Master, where you have to stay on cards

A Mario Party board

Death Mountain

Gangplank Galleon

Sarasaland - Mario's Castle

Electroplankton

Mt. Itoi (Gyiyg as a stage boss, translation team hasn't renamed him yet.) (Porky Means Business is a track here)

Gaia Falls

Clu Clu Land

Donkey Kong 3

Further ATs
Duster
Teddy
Boshi

Sakurai only counts the uniques as newcomers

Interesting in that it specifies Echoes and "Frankensteins" and includes development reasonings that the "leaker" could reasonably have insight into. The cover of an intern working under Bill Trinen makes me skeptical, but I'd watch out for any "Frankenstein" characters in the future.
You heard it here first. The remaining newcomers in Smash Ultimate will be:

Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
Ashley (WarioWare)
Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong Echo Fighter] (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Dark Samus [Samus Echo Fighter] (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
Isabelle [Villager Echo Fighter] (Animal Crossing)
Shadow The Hedgehog [Sonic Echo Fighter] (Sonic Adventure 2)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Feel free to screenshot. See you in December~!

I have some leaks regarding Smash Ultimate. Heihachi and Isabella will be playable. Dark Samus will be an echo fighter for dlc. Goku will be announced in a surpeise reveal at the Jump Victory Carnival. There are no plans for Waluigi ;)

In case you didn't know, the Jump Victory Carnival is in 5 days, or 11 for the Osaka event (I think the Smash/Mario Aces event is taking place at the Jump Victory Carnival, hence why there are two events), which means we'll know if this one's true very soon. I unironically want Goku in Smash Bros, so I'm in favor of this one
Oh **** that's right, we've got a bonus leak everyone
Here are the characters that will be in the game:

JULY(Nintendo Direct):
-King K Rool
-Simon Belmont

AUGUST(Smash Ultimate Website):
-Dixie Kong

SEPTEMBER(Surprise Announcement):
-Shovel Knight

OCTOBER(Mini Direct):
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Decidueye

NOVEMBER(Smash Ultimate Direct):
-Rayman
-Chibi-Robo

DECEMBER(Post-Game Release Trailers):
-Geno
-Spring Man

DLCs:
-Waluigi
-Crash Bandicoot
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Paper Mario
-Phoenix Wright
-Chorus Kids

Safe, but we'll know if this one is true or not soon. Shovel Knight over other indie picks like Shantae or even Reimu would be kind of disappointing though.
THAT'S RIGHT, WE HAVE A BONUS BONUS "LEAK." IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY[

This leak comes in the form of images, so take a look:
Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 12.12.24 PM.png

1531324493866.jpg

Characters circled are:
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Heihachi
Geno
Dark Samus
Shadow
Amaterasu
Isabelle
Paper Mario

Solid roster if you ask me.
/SPOILER]

Also, if we're still talking about which character we think is likely to be the next revealed, my money is on K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and Ashley in that order.

Anyone know what leak he's talking about? Was there a leak recently that got something right?
"That leak" can mean a lot of things. He's likely mentioning "Leak" 1 in this set if anything.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 152609
It's the leak signal! You know what that means...

That's right, I'm back with another set for ya'll. Spoilers: there's bonus leak this time.
Since the leak is being accepted as fake, no one is worried about it here. I figured it was safe to reveal their identities.

You guys got a lot of these right, I'm impressed.

King is King K Rool. Ponytail is Dixie Kong. Dixie Kong is an echo character. You can expect their official announcement 7/15.

Old man is Mishima. Harada is the one who posited the idea to Sakurai.

Archer is Decidueye. Most speculation I saw agreed on this.

Warrior & Secretary refer to Charlie and Brittany from Pikmin 3. Charlie uses Rock Pikmin.

Mech is Kirby in his suit from Planet Robobot. He will be shown as a Dream Friend in Star Allies and then shown in Smash. The announcement is VERY strange.

The last characters are all from games that will soon release on the Switch. The first two games have been announced.
Rhythm is Neku from The World Ends With You. Folklore is Amaterasu from Okami HD.

Doll is Geno from Mario RPG.
This game will not be a remake, but a spiritual successor of sorts. Similar to the way a Link Between Worlds and A Link to the Past are related.

Prime Rib is Ninten from Mother.
Retro Studios is working on this title, actually. Check out their twitter.

Weird roster, but Neku in Smash Bros? That's my new main right there.
>[3DS Headlines]
Nintendo Direct August 5th
>Skyrim and Super Mario 3D World for 3DS
>More details for Luigi's Mansion Remake and Mario & Luigi Remake
>Wario Ware Gold Amiibo
>[Switch Headlines]
>Super Mario Odyssey DLC pack for November 2018 and DLC pack 2 for 2019
>Zelda: Breath of The Wild GOTY edition
>Simon Belmont and Rex trailer for Super Smash Bros: Ultimate
>Prey for november 2018 and Fallout 76 for 2019
>A Hat In a Time and Nuclear Throne in the nindies section
>Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X ports for 2019
>Yoshi Pop Star trailer and launch march 19th
>Kirby Star Allies Heroes
>Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee has amiibo
>Not Animal Crossing, no StarFox, no Pokemon 2019 and no Metroid Prime 4

In line with what you'd expect for a Nintendo Direct leak. A believable enough fall and beyond lineup for Nintendo. Overall, it's safe. It's got a kill switch, so we'll see with this one.
So I got the Smash Leaks for ya. I am an intern who works closely with Bill Trien, I'm helping with the translations. So here's the inside scoop for my fellow Anons

First off, Sakurai insisted on a new rule that no playable characters have a tint that makes them too closely resemble another playable character.

Fox, Ike, Samus, Mario, Diddy Kong, and Lucas have had tints replaced for this reason

Fox and Mario had their Wolf and Wario alts replaced with an all purple Fox and Builder Mario for this reason. Big whoop. Here's where it gets interesting.

Chrom, Dark Samus, Masked Man, and Dixie Kong will be joining the roster

Chrom and Dark Samus are straight echos

Masked Man and Dixie are something to be revealed called a "Frankenstein", of which Masked Man will be the poster child of. Basically it's two characters mashed together

Dixie Kong is a Frankenstein of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, her Up-B and Down B are Donkey Kong's, but her Side-B and B are Diddy Kong's, with many of her A animations split between the two (though it more closely resembles Diddy Kong)

Masked Man is a Frankenstein of Toon Link (for A moves), Lucas (for B moves), though he has PK Flash instead of PK Freeze. He has "Helmetless" as an Alt, which is why Lucas lost his Claus skin, but kept his Masked Man inspired skin.

There are VERY FEW characters with unique movesets, but the Echos and Frankensteins make up for them. Few surprises here, with most of the uniques being from the poll.

Some of the DLC is half-done and there are extensive plans from upper management to make Smash last "Longer than the switch itself if possible"

Most of the early DLC will be new third parties for whom negotiation did not finish in time. You got K.Rool for this reason, so be happy.

DLC Wave 1 will include
Waluigi (Requested by Reggie, Mario and Luigi will lose their Waluigi alts in a patch)
Simon Belmont
Banjo Kazooie
Shantae

Interesting in that it specifies Echoes and "Frankensteins" and includes development reasonings that the "leaker" could reasonably have insight into. The cover of an intern working under Bill Trinen makes me skeptical, but I'd watch out for any "Frankenstein" characters in the future.
You heard it here first. The remaining newcomers in Smash Ultimate will be:

Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
Ashley (WarioWare)
Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong Echo Fighter] (Donkey Kong Country 2)
Dark Samus [Samus Echo Fighter] (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
Isabelle [Villager Echo Fighter] (Animal Crossing)
Shadow The Hedgehog [Sonic Echo Fighter] (Sonic Adventure 2)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)

Feel free to screenshot. See you in December~!

I have some leaks regarding Smash Ultimate. Heihachi and Isabella will be playable. Dark Samus will be an echo fighter for dlc. Goku will be announced in a surpeise reveal at the Jump Victory Carnival. There are no plans for Waluigi ;)

In case you didn't know, the Jump Victory Carnival is in 5 days, or 11 for the Osaka event (I think the Smash/Mario Aces event is taking place at the Jump Victory Carnival, hence why there are two events), which means we'll know if this one's true very soon. I unironically want Goku in Smash Bros, so I'm in favor of this one
Oh **** that's right, we've got a bonus leak everyone
Here are the characters that will be in the game:

JULY(Nintendo Direct):
-King K Rool
-Simon Belmont

AUGUST(Smash Ultimate Website):
-Dixie Kong

SEPTEMBER(Surprise Announcement):
-Shovel Knight

OCTOBER(Mini Direct):
-Bandana Waddle Dee
-Decidueye

NOVEMBER(Smash Ultimate Direct):
-Rayman
-Chibi-Robo

DECEMBER(Post-Game Release Trailers):
-Geno
-Spring Man

DLCs:
-Waluigi
-Crash Bandicoot
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Paper Mario
-Phoenix Wright
-Chorus Kids

Safe, but we'll know if this one is true or not soon. Shovel Knight over other indie picks like Shantae or even Reimu would be kind of disappointing though.
THAT'S RIGHT, WE HAVE A BONUS BONUS "LEAK." IT'S YOUR LUCKY DAY[

This leak comes in the form of images, so take a look:
View attachment 152612
View attachment 152613

Characters circled are:
Ashley
Dixie Kong
Heihachi
Geno
Dark Samus
Shadow
Amaterasu
Isabelle
Paper Mario

Solid roster if you ask me.
/SPOILER]

Also, if we're still talking about which character we think is likely to be the next revealed, my money is on K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and Ashley in that order.
Piggybacking...piggybacking everywhere...

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
What's with the uptick of Amaterasu in leaks? At first she was nowhere, but now every other leak has her it in.

She's cool though, would not complain if she gets in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom