• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Here some mother places that I would like to see as stages:
Saturn Valley

SaturnValley_Earthbound.png

Devil's Machine
DevilsMachine.png

Sunflower fields

sunflower fields.jpg

Thunder Tower

Game Boy Advance - Mother 3 - Thunder Tower 3.png

Winters

tessie.png

SonicMario

Smash Master
Here's some nightmare fuel.
All the Codecs from Brawl get reused and only new characters get new Codecs
I'd kinda understand if they did that. There's alot of characters.

Albeit a few of the codecs specifically mention Brawl. Unless they edit in a generic saying of "Smash" audio clip instead of where they would of said Brawl, would be kind of odd.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Hype list? I'm not going to list all of the characters, just the ones I'm really hyped for, and really not hyped for.

Super Hyped:
:ultridley: New character, heavyweight.

Hyped:
:ultganondorf: They finally gave him a sword!! :)
:snake: I don't play as him, but found him fun to play against. My brother mained him, glad to see him back!
:popo: Never thought much of them, but Sm4sh made me realize I missed them!

No Strong Feelings:
:ultinkling: They seem cool, but I'm not a Splatoon fan and I don't play fast characters.
:ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultryu: Glad they're back, I guess. Wouldn't have been that bothered if they were gone.
:ultcloud:I understand his a big name, but I did not like the way he was implemented. Not fun to play against.

Not hyped:
:ultbayonetta: My least favorite character in all of the Smash games. I really don't think she belongs in Smash Bros, to be honest, she still doesn't feel right.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You know, it's really weird to think that there is four Earthbound stage in a single Smash game (Onett, Fourside, New Pork City & Magicant)

Also, unpopular opinion incoming, but New Pork City was one of my favourite stage in Brawl. And now that 8-players Smash is a thing and, if I am on a bad day or somethin', I can deactivate the Ultimate Chimera thanks to the stage hazard toggle option, I feel like i'm going to love this stage even more.:ultridley:

Zeox

Smash Champion
You know, it's really weird to think that there is four Earthbound stage in a single Smash game (Onett, Fourside, New Pork City & Magicant)

Also, unpopular opinion incoming, but New Pork City was one of my favourite stage in Brawl. And now that 8-players Smash is a thing and, if I am on a bad day or somethin', I can deactivate the Ultimate Chimera thanks to the stage hazard toggle option, I feel like i'm going to love this stage even more.:ultridley:
I am hyped for New Pork City, love the style of the stage years before i even knew what the hell was "earthbound".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I am hyped for New Pork City, love the style of the stage years before i even knew what the hell was "earthbound".
Same lol, 'didn't know what Mother even was, but Brawl definitly made me interested in the series, alongside a numbers of others franchise like Metroid and Metal Gear.

To come back on topic, the Ultimate Chimera is now looking deadly than ever, since it KO you on the spot instead of doing ridiculous damages & knockback. I will miss the ridiculous knockback part, but I can live without it. (beside if the UC only kill you at 100% or more)

Last edited:

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Yeah, looks fun:
Can't contain the hype::ultpokemontrainer::ultwolf::ultzelda::ultridley::ultganondorf::ultsnake::ultyounglink::ulticeclimbers:
Exited::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultike::ultbayonetta::ultlucas::ultfalco::ultfox::ultmarth::ultsheik:
Hyped to see what's changed::ultjigglypuff::ultcorrin::ultbowser::ultdk::ultlink::ultpalutena::ultdoc::ultsonic:
Curious::ultdarkpit::ultpikachu::ultwario::ultshulk::ultroy::ultrobin:ultness::ultolimar::ultpeach::ultkingdedede::ultcloud::ultyoshi::ultlucina::ultlucario:
For the others, not hyped enough to mention, but it does not mean I hate them lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With Sheik's new Final Smash, I honestly think that Impa is all but confirmed

Just look at that! This is far more fitting as a Final Smash for Impa than the Light Arrow would

EXCITED AS ****!!!!!

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Max hype: :ultlittlemac::ultridley::ultryu:

Amazing: :ultfalcon::ultike::ultmarth::ultness:

Good: :ultbowser::ultganondorf::ulticeclimbers::ultsnake::ultroy::ultlucas::ultwolf::ultfalco::ultfox::ultolimar::ultjigglypuff::ultgnw::ultsamus::ultwario::ultvillager:

Neutral: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultrob::ultlucario::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultluigi::ultyoshi::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultshulk::ultsonic::ultcloud::ultmegaman::ultpacman:

Don't care for: :ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultrobin:ultzss::ultrosalina::ultmario::ultdoc::ulttoonlink::ultbayonetta::ultgreninja:

Bottom: :ultlucina::ultmiifighters:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've noticed something really stupid (IMO).

Say there is massive fan outcry for Waluigi (as an example).
Some people say; "Do we even need another Mario character?!"

Dude ... Why do you think there is a fan outcry? NOT for another Mario character, but for the character in question.
How obvious can it be? The reps discussion I thought we left back after Brawl.

If people have a fan outcry for one specific character, don't bring up the stupid rep count of a franchise, that's not the point of the outcry itself. It's because they are fan of said character. It's not that hard.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What three Pokemon would you want to give to a Rocket Grunt character?

I need this!

Personally I would like male Team Rocket Grunt to be based on James... and the female one based on Jessie. They were in Pokémon Yellow so it's not like they were exclusive to the anime. And let's be honest, people would be hyped if they were based on Jessie and James.

1529339236742.png

My idea was for Meowth to be the central Pokémon while Down+B would switch between Arbok and Weezing.

:052::024:
:052::110:

KOing Arbok or Weezing don't count... just like KOing Nana doesn't count. You must KO Meowth for it to count just like it counts when you KO Popo.

And if you KO one of the Poison-type Pokémon, the other Poison-type Pokémon automatically appears next to Meowth. KO both Poison-type Pokémon and Meowth will have to fight on his own.

B: Pay Day
Side+B: Arbok gets in front of Meowth and uses Glare to stun/disable opponents (like Mewtwo's Down+B)
Up+B: Meowth rides Arbok. Arbok leaps and uses Wrap on the opponent
Down+B: call back Arbok and summon Weezing

Side+B: Weezing floats in front of Meowth and uses Poison Gas like it did in Melee
Up+B: Meowth rides Weezing. Weezing launches itself upward by using Sludge Bomb
Down+B: call back Weezing and summon Arbok

:052: (after losing both Arbok and Weezing)
Side+B: Meowth desperately uses Night Slash; when it's sweet spotted, it can land a meteor smash
Up+B: Meowth pounces on the opponent and uses Fury Swipes to scratch them
Down+B: summon Wobbuffet to counter attacks and deflect projectiles

:052::024::110:
Final Smash: Double Trouble
Meowth plays his guitar and Wobbuffet dances to the beat. Arbok and Weezing join forces and they attack opponents like those team-up Final Smashes like Shulk or Robin (SSB4).

Graizen

Smash Champion
Simon Belmont Stage

Crash Bandicoot Stage

Klonoa Stage

Agumon Stage

Scorpion Stage

osby

Smash Obsessed
On an somewhat related note I'm actually not seeing as much hate towards :ultdaisy: as I expected honestly.
Daisy is a harmless, popular character. Shè doesn't do much but I think most of the hate she gets is partially retaliation towards her... overly passionate fans.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
As per usual, I'm probably am going to give all the newcomers a shot. As well as every character if possible. Just thinking that there can be anywhere from 70-80 named characters in Smash Ultimate just makes me dizzy just thinking about it (if you count each Pokémon trainer Pokémon and each Mii Fighter as separate, and then count Alph and each of the Koopalings separate, then we technically have 76 named characters confirmed already).

Also, if I were to add in Leaf as a playable fighter, I would have as an alternate to the base designs of each of the Pokémon their shiny counterparts instead. But I digress.

The original 8 and their antagonists...View attachment 148882 Feels like something is missing.
Add in Bowser Jr., and Mario and Yoshi will both have their own antagonists to deal with.

Oh, wait! You're talking about the king, aren't you?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yay, bandwagons!

Most Excited: :ultbayonetta::ultpokemontrainer::ultinkling::ultshulk::ultsnake:
Hella Excited: :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultmegaman::ultpichu::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultryu::ultroy::ulticeclimbers::ultrosalina::ultmegaman:
Pretty Excited::ulttoonlink::ultsonic::ultmewtwo::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultpikachu::ultridley::ultrobin:ultfalcon::ultgreninja::ultike::ultkirby::ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultsheik::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultzss:
Neutral: :ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultrob::ultsamus::ultyoshi:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To come back on topic, the Ultimate Chimera is now looking deadly than ever, since it KO you on the spot instead of doing ridiculous damages & knockback. I will miss the ridiculous knockback part, but I can live without it. (beside if the UC only kill you at 100% or more)
I guess even a metal fighter has no hope of surviving the Ultimate Chimera if its hitboxes have the obliviate effect.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Question for anyone who may know...

Do we know if shields are frame 1 again?

I was just using YouTube's frame by frame tool to count the landing lag of Samus's aerials using this video - https://youtu.be/dXmhOyVAHps?t=933

And, looking at it, it appears that when Samus goes to use her shield, the animation for shielding comes out, but the frame after, the shield then comes out. Like, she adopts the shielding stance, and the frame after, the shield comes out.

Was this always the case in Smash 4? Does this mean shields are frame 2 now? Am I just a fool?

Wanted to bring this up just incase...

Edit: though tbh, just looked back at a couple Smash 4 things, and it appears to be a similar case in Smash 4, so shields are probably still frame 1. I mean, they have been in all games, but who knows what's on Nintendo's minds with this game. Just wanted to bring it up in case.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I'll play:

Will probably end up playing the most: :ultbowser::ultcloud::ultdoc::ultganondorf::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley:

Will play a decent amount: :ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultkirby::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultpichu::ultrob::ultroy::ultryu::ultsnake::ultwolf:

Will play a little bit: :ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultlink::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultrosalina::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda:

Indifferent/Don't like their playstyle: :ultbayonetta::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultkingdedede::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultmiifighters::ultolimar::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultsamus::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainer::ultzss:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I need this!

Personally I would like male Team Rocket Grunt to be based on James... and the female one based on Jessie. They were in Pokémon Yellow so it's not like they were exclusive to the anime. And let's be honest, people would be hyped if they were based on Jessie and James.

View attachment 148863

My idea was for Meowth to be the central Pokémon while Down+B would switch between Arbok and Weezing.

KOing Arbok or Weezing don't count... just like KOing Nana doesn't count. You must KO Meowth for it to count just like it counts when you KO Popo.

And if you KO one of the Poison-type Pokémon, the other Poison-type Pokémon automatically appears next to Meowth. KO both Poison-type Pokémon and Meowth will have to fight on his own.

Side+B: Arbok gets in front of Meowth and uses Glare to stun/disable opponents (like Mewtwo's Down+B)
Up+B: Meowth rides Arbok. Arbok leaps and uses Wrap on the opponent
Down+B: call back Arbok and summon Weezing

Side+B: Weezing floats in front of Meowth and uses Poison Gas like it did in Melee
Up+B: Meowth rides Weezing. Weezing launches itself upward by using Sludge Bomb
Down+B: call back Weezing and summon Arbok

:052: (after losing both Arbok and Weezing)
Side+B: Meowth desperately uses Night Slash; when it's sweet spotted, it can land a meteor smash
Up+B: Meowth pounces on the opponent and uses Fury Swipes to scratch them
Down+B: summon Wobbuffet to counter attacks and deflect projectiles

:052::024::110:
Final Smash: Double Trouble
Meowth plays his guitar and Wobbuffet dances to the beat. Arbok and Weezing join forces and they attack opponents like those team-up Final Smashes like Shulk or Robin (SSB4).
Your creativity is off the charts, impressive.

I just stuck to the simple Pokemon Trainer concept.

Hmm, Rocket Grunt's alt costume... Jesse & James?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Daisy is a harmless, popular character. Shè doesn't do much but I think most of the hate she gets is partially retaliation towards her... overly passionate fans.
Meanwhile every other fanbase has equally passionate fans, as we now see with certain Waluigi fans.

I never understood why we single out specific fandoms for toxicity when every fandom has some toxicity in it.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Been awol since about Wednesday. Anything new as far as confirmed stages/assists/etc?

Last I saw there was only 20-30 stages not confirmed yet!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It hurts to see so many people dislike good characters.

What did the Miis ever do to you? :drflip:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most excited for: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultmewtwo::ultike:

Excited for: :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultness::ultlucas::ultlink::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultsamus:

Neutral::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultmegaman::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultwario::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultgreninja::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultlittlemac::ultrob::ultzss::ultzelda::ulttoonlink::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultyoshi::ultsheik:* (Sheik is a case apart, if Impa becomes her Echo, she's easily Top Tier excitement)

Don't care for: :ultdarkpit::ultryu::ultsnake::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ulticeclimbers::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultridley::ultdaisy:

Not happy about: :ultcloud::ultsonic::ultpacman::ultmiifighters:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Why not.

Hyper Exited: :ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer::ulticeclimbers::ultmiifighters::ultpit:

Exited: :ultwario::ultpeach::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultbayonetta::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultyounglink::ultinkling::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultbowserjr:

Indifferent: :ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultjigglypuff::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultpacman::ultpikachu::ultsheik::ultridley::ultrob::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultroy::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultzss:

No: :ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdaisy:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Most of the list makes sense, considering that Mario and Yoshi both share the same enemy. All that's missing now is King K. Rool, but I fail to see Mewtwo being a rival to Pikachu.
IT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING BAYBEEE K. ROOL AND MIMIKYU ARE COMIN'. /s

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile every other fanbase has equally passionate fans, as we now see with certain Waluigi fans.

I never understood why we single out specific fandoms for toxicity when every fandom has some toxicity in it.
I never understood that mentality either, to be honest. Like, every fandom has its..."interesting", parts of the fandom. Some are just louder than others, which I guess bothers some people. I don't know why, though; those types are usually pretty easy to ignore.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Incredibly important question. Do the Inklings say woomy? If not I'm not buying the game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It hurts to see so many people dislike good characters.

What did the Miis ever do to you? :drflip:
Being a Mii main is suffering.

But don't worry, I grow accustomed to...:4pacman:

Actually, not really, but I'm trying my best to keep face here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom