• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm planning on doing my next video on Top 5 Newcomers for base game, which is why I wanted to know about confirmed ATs and Pokeballs. We know we won't get MANY newcomers at launch, but I think we'll still see a few more. Mine are:

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Simon Belmont
3.) Elma
4.) Erdrick
5.) Rhythm Heaven

I also considered Rex of course, but I REALLY want Elma and I thought Rex might fit better as DLC (depending on development choices and such). I also REALLY want Spring Man, but same thing.

Who are yours?

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not sure if it was posted here but...

There's a certain someone who snuck into the full roster image:

Unless you count Trainer's Pokeball and Diddy's banana there isn't a single other item on the character screen hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mother 3 confirmed to be playable in Smash.
wait what

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm planning on doing my next video on Top 5 Newcomers for base game, which is why I wanted to know about confirmed ATs and Pokeballs. We know we won't get MANY newcomers at launch, but I think we'll still see a few more. Mine are:

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Simon Belmont
3.) Elma
4.) Erdrick
5.) Rhythm Heaven

I also considered Rex of course, but I REALLY want Elma and I thought Rex might fit better as DLC (depending on development choices and such). I also REALLY want Spring Man, but same thing.

Who are yours?
I think we might have a chance with Dixie Kong this time but it's hard to make a prediction this time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Have you people learned nothing from Gematsu?
What if we don’t want to
So can you change into Dark Pit and Lucina in the Smash Ultimate demo? I need to make sure.
No, they’ll stay in their own little slot for now (unless it’s changed at the last minute’). I assume it won’t matter in the end since they’ll likely be placed in the same tier spot as Pit and Marth

Zeox

Smash Champion
Hopefully, we get another newcomer before the end of E3.

At this point I'm hoping for either Porky or the Chorus Kids, if not both.
Some people on Twitter (and DNeon DNeon here on this thread, hi mate) have speculated that the little Mr. Saturn on the promotional art may be a placeholder for a new character, maybe a new Earthbound/Mother rep, and that's what I'm really hoping for.

Also, like I said earlier, I want to see that Rhythm Heaven rep we found via datamining Smash 4.
It's not really a "everyone is here" if the discarded characters remain discarded, am I right or am I right? :p
Oh man, If a mother character actually gets in smash then I will officially have powers, because this year I played and beat for the first time 4 metroid games, and ridley got it, and I also played Earthbound and Mother 3.
And that's all the Nintendo franchises I played and beat for the first time this year.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Echoes, eh?

Dry Bowser
Dixie
Funky
Impa
Dark Samus
Raichu
Blood Falcon
Ninten
Chrom
Reyn
Isabelle
Louie (although very unlikely considering Alph did not get it)
Shadow
Ken
Evil Ryu

A lot of them I heavily disagree with them being clones, but Diddy's lack of tail moves is mighty convenient for a Dixie echo.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Simon Belmont
3.) Elma
4.) Erdrick
5.) Rhythm Heaven

Who are yours?
Hard to say; a lot of my retro predictions are assist trophies instead, but if I had to guess...

1) K. Rool - he's pretty popular worldwide
2) Elma - alternatively, I could see Rex and Pyra as DLC further down the line
3) Impa - with Midna and Ghirahim confirmed as assist trophies, I figure that Impa's a good choice for a new Zelda character (alternatively, Skull Kid)
4) Bandanna Waddle Dee - he's pretty much become the fourth core character of Kirby at this point
5) Rayman - I figure he's got the best chances of any third party, between Mario + Rabbids, Rayman's trophy in Smash 4, etc.

I could also see Agent 8/Octoling from Splatoon making it in as an Echo character; I can't imagine that they would add this specific designation just to label Lucina and Dark Pit and add a single character (Daisy) who fits that criteria. I could see Rex and Pyra, as well as someone from ARMS (Spring Man? Ribbon Girl?) being released as DLC; not sure if they're too new to make it into the base game.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I still think we're going to get a Gen 7 Pokemon in Ultimate. Sun/Moon and Starfox Zero were the two big games of 2016, the year the roster was decided. We've already seen an influx of Zero content (all the spacies getting updated designs, Wolf appears to be on a Starfox Zero stage at one point in his trailer), so its fairly likely there's an Alola 'mon and an Alola stage we have yet to see.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Not sure if it was posted here but...

There's a certain someone who snuck into the full roster image:

Unless you count Trainer's Pokeball and Diddy's banana there isn't a single other item on the character screen hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Mr. Saturn appears in Earthbound and Mother 3.
What other character from the mother franchise appears in both, Earthbound and Mother 3?
THAT'S RIGHT, DR. ANDONUTS CONFIRMED AS AN ASSIST THROPY!

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Simon Belmont
3.) Elma
4.) Erdrick
5.) Rhythm Heaven

Who are yours?
I mentioned last night that I think Elma, Rool, and Rayman are the most likely in my eyes, I would have put Simon on but no Castlevania at all so far so I'm in limbo on that one. I still think Captain Toad is still a probable choice, even with Toad's upgrade in Peach's moveset, and obviously the last slot has to go to...

Primid, what better way to celebrate Smash than with everyone's favorite character?

?????????????

Smash Master
:laugh:

For real tho I'd really take Belmont with a grain of salt
Of course, it's not confirmed whatsoever. It sure LOOKS good, since Ridley and Snake are in, and Simon hasn't been seen as an Assist Trophy yet.

But regardless, Simon Belmont has been one of my most wanted Smash characters for years.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Simon Belmont
3.) Elma
4.) Erdrick
5.) Rhythm Heaven

Who are yours?
My guess is we'll get:
1. Simon Belmont
2. King K. Rool
3. Bandana Dee
4. Lycanroc
5. Geno

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Simon Belmont
3.) Elma
4.) Erdrick
5.) Rhythm Heaven

Who are yours?
Mine are the same except I'd swap Erdrick for Bandana Dee. If we do get a DQ character though I really would consider Slime a front runner. It may be a generic species but technically so is Yoshi, and it's super iconic.

That said if Mr. Saturn isn't just some coincidence (despite my posting it I don't think he'll be playable nor do I think he's a 'placeholder' since drawing in an entirely new character is equally as effortful as just drawing the Pikmin doing soemthing else), I'd probably choose Porky as the frontrunner for a new Mother rep considering his boss status and New Pork City making a comeback.

So yeah:
  1. Simon Belmont
  2. K. Rool
  3. Elma
  4. Rhythm Heaven
  5. Bandana Dee
  6. Outside chance at Porky

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Echoes, eh?

Dry Bowser
Dixie
Funky
Impa
Dark Samus
Raichu
Blood Falcon
Ninten
Chrom
Reyn
Isabelle
Louie (although very unlikely considering Alph did not get it)
Shadow
Ken
Evil Ryu

A lot of them I heavily disagree with them being clones, but Diddy's lack of tail moves is mighty convenient for a Dixie echo.
Dry Bowser would actually be a fantastic addition. Even with Ridley, the selection is pretty limited, so having a lighter (faster?) version of Bowser could be an interesting change since he's so exaggerated in terms of his stats relative to the rest of the cast.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
For some reason I'm so happy that Pichu is back, there's something about this super underdog character coming back against all odds, and with such a huge smile on his face too, it's just so good.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m adamant about the possibility.

Previously, a Pokémon newcomer had seemed like a foregone conclusion. Now it seems a lot more questionable.

I get defensive because I don’t like being attacked for considering that possibility.

The question has often seemed to be “who will the new Pokémon rep be?” I just think that, with the huge representation the series already has, and the smaller and tighter focused newcomer list, we might not get a new Pokémon rep.
I agree that we may not get one, I'm honestley not sure though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hard to say; a lot of my retro predictions are assist trophies instead, but if I had to guess...

1) K. Rool - he's pretty popular worldwide
2) Elma - alternatively, I could see Rex and Pyra as DLC further down the line
3) Impa - with Midna and Ghirahim confirmed as assist trophies, I figure that Impa's a good choice for a new Zelda character (alternatively, Skull Kid)
4) Bandanna Waddle Dee - he's pretty much become the fourth core character of Kirby at this point
5) Rayman - I figure he's got the best chances of any third party, between Mario + Rabbids, Rayman's trophy in Smash 4, etc.

I could also see Agent 8/Octoling from Splatoon making it in as an Echo character; I can't imagine that they would add this specific designation just to label Lucina and Dark Pit and add a single character (Daisy) who fits that criteria. I could see Rex and Pyra, as well as someone from ARMS (Spring Man? Ribbon Girl?) being released as DLC; not sure if they're too new to make it into the base game.
I think the new term is to prevent people to compare them with Melee clones, but... yeah, this might be Sakurai's last attempt to cram some fan favourites into the game, since this is what these three are.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
If I had to guess several newcomers based on what we know now, I'd say

1. Simon Belmont
2. Ashley
3. Dixie Kong
4. Rayman

Simon for reasons quite obvious at this point. I think Ashley is possible because Sakurai made it clear that Ridley was added LARGEly because of the Western audience's demands. I think Ashley could fit that for Japan. Also she hasn't appeared as an AT yet, and I think that bodes well for her. I think Dixie will be added because they got rid of Diddy's tail moves. I think she will inherit those as hair moves and probably get some unique specials, making her a semi-clone.

EDIT: Added Rayman who I intended to add from the start. The Nintendo-Ubisoft relationship is getting extremely prominent.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I just realized something. Pika's nair got changed to be kind of like Mewtwo's, so does that mean Pichu is no longer a perfect copy of his animations?
Also it looked like both of them have a lot more electricity on their attacks than they used to. At one point it looked like even Pichu's down tilt shocked.

Originality

Smash Journeyman

1.) King K. Rool
2.) Simon Belmont
3.) Elma
4.) Erdrick
5.) Rhythm Heaven

Who are yours?
I'm thinking mostly the same thing
1: K Rool
2: Simon
3: Elma
4: Ashley
5: Rayman

These being unique fighters, I imagine we'd also get some echo fighters too, personally hoping for Isabelle

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just realized something. Pika's nair got changed to be kind of like Mewtwo's, so does that mean Pichu is no longer a perfect copy of his animations?
Also it looked like both of them have a lot more electricity on their attacks than they used to. At one point it looked like even Pichu's down tilt shocked.
Would explain why he isn’t an Echo character

D

Deleted member

I think Echo fighters are meant to share a slot with the character they're clones of while still playing slightly differently. I don't see the point to give them a new distinction otherwise.

D

Deleted member

An Echo Fighter option that no one has talked about:

Metal Mario, who made his Smash debut as an non-playable boss in the original game....

.....and has since become a separate entity within the Mario games as a rival to Mario.

Notably, we have yet to see the Metal Box item (to my knowledge; PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong), nor any pictures of characters being metal (again, correct me if I'm wrong).
Instead, we have a picture of a character being gold like on the Golden Plains stage of Smash 3DS like this....

....on a stage that isn't Golden Plains.

So is being gold in place of being metal now?
And if so, is Metal Mario a possible Echo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom