• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Blown away by what we got, truly smash bros ultimate I'm in shock everyone is back! game looks fantastic and I have tons to say but I cant type it all now.

I am curious whos been deconfirmed as assist trophies, ive seen a few but i keep hearing about more so i guess im just waiting until all this info is compiled somewhere by the end of this.
From what I've seen so far, Waluigi, Takamaru, Krystal, and Knuckles have all been deconfirmed as assist trophies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You can listen to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate main theme on the Smash Bros. music page, and it is phenomenal. There's a couple other tracks on there too, and it says new music will be added regularly!

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html
Brinstar Depths is definitely my favorite so far. Sounds like symphonic metal almost to me.

Anyways, can we talk about Ridley's neutral-B? It is like Corrin's pin, but does around 50% when tippered. I don't know if thar will cause balance issues maybe, but Ridley might maybe become top tier.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
People probably already on this, but Pauline, Krystal, Knuckles and Eevee were all in those character trailers as non-playable. So throw em on the pyre. :p

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I hope you all enjoy your Smash game because I am ****ng done with this community, period.

A character I've wanted for many ****ing years is confirmed to an Assist Trophy and will NEVER be playable again. This is it, game over. Why should I do this for Smash 7 anymore? The dream is dead and I have less of a reason to be here anymore. Period.

Good bye and don't even bother sending me any weak messages about "Please don't go Azure. you are just that important to this community." That's bull*** and you all know it. I am sure YoshiandToad YoshiandToad will be happy that I am gone in the first place.

Later.
Who are you again?

Genuinely.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Do you guys think we'll get a character announcement at the invitational? I feel like we'd get more than one reveal at E3.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
And lyn didn't become playable for a third time in smash history but I'm glad that all the characters are returning like cloud ,ryu,squirtle,ivydino

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I'm so overwhelmed that I don't know what to be hyped about. This is insane. I see Snake and still can't believe it, then Squirte and Ivy and Pichu and YLink and my brain can't take it. I don't care about newcomers anymore.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pauline unless she pulls a Toon Link is also de-confirmed. She's on the New Donk City stage.

Tom Nook is also still in Villager's Final Smash.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
Cloud wasn't cut which was one of my worse fears. I can sleep peacefully tonight.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I can't believed, the all veterans charactes in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. That incredible and perfect.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Oh help me God, it looks like they brought rage back...
I'm hoping that the game is fast enough that stock count for competitive play is higher so rage won't be so devastating if it steals a quick stock. However there is still the annoying part about low % combos not working.

Smartz

Smash Cadet
I was kinda underwhelmed. It just looked like a port with some move changes and a few minor adjustments and some old characters slapped on. I mean I like to see that my man dedede is doing good and that my boy wolf is coming back from Brawl but, there isn't much else for me to really be "hyped" about for.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
well that was ****ing weird. but hey, all vets back, so that's p. cool

saw krystal as an at, had a ****ing heart attack. gonna have to go have a snack to deal.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Has there been any Pokeball Pokemon confirmed? I'm currently making edits to my prediction roster and I don't want egg in my face if a Pokemon I pencil in ends up in a ball.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Speaking of Assist Trophies, I repeat. We haven't seen Ashley yet, so I'm hopeful.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Since there will probably be less newcomers this time I'm thinking they are going to focus more on adding highly requested characters, with maybe one surprise character thrown in there.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Since there will probably be less newcomers this time I'm thinking they are going to focus more on adding highly requested characters, with maybe one surprise character thrown in there.
Yeah, they gotta add the bigshots now, I don't think our usual WTF or even Retro characters are happening this time. Hopefully not too many of them are 3rd party either, Simon Belmont looks like he'll be in, so if we say we only have like 3 or 4 after him then I hope they'll just add Nintendo characters from there on out.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This direct goes to show that you literally will never be able to please all the fans. I'm personally very happy with it. I'd be perfectly fine with them not even adding any more characters, to be honest.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I wonder if there will even be any other characters after whoever is shown next (probably Belmont).

Even if there aren't, I am already 100% pleased with this roster. Luci and Snake both playable? Perfection. Literally every other character coming back, even better than perfection. Ridley and Daisy? Now you're just spoiling me. :grin:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Oh.. my.. ****ing god.. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!

Sooooooooooooo incredibly happy for you Ridley diehard fans. You earned it and deserve it. He looks incredible! The game looks incredible!

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't be happier about how the games turns out !

Does anyone know when people will be able to play the game in e3 ?
Maybe they can already but I don't find a lot of footage from the demo (except treehouse)
I'd like to see the alternates of Ridley and more

D

Deleted member

...TBH, I reaaally wouldn't expect too many more characters outside of DLC. I'm guessing like, 2 or 3 more, maybe 4 or 5 if we're lucky and there's more Echo Characters.

Also, I heard people say they haven't seen Tingle yet as an AT or as part of a stage...he's in my top ten, so I'm gonna be keeping an eye on that little factoid. ;P

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan

Which character are you talking about again?
Not even being a ****, I was unaware me and Yomi had a rivalry.

I've only been against about three characters, so if I was to guess...

...Takamaru as it's the only one of the three I saw as an Assist Trophy.

In other news; whilst Toad IS deconfirmed; HOLY **** HE IS NO LONGER A WORTHLESS MEATSHIELD! LOOK AT HIM PUNCHING FOX IN HIS FURRY BALLS, HELL YES.

Yeah, this version of the Toad counter is far more respectful to the character, I can't even be mad. LOOK AT HIM PROTECCING HIS MONARCH!

AND HOLY CRAP ABRA, LITERALLY MY FAVOURITE POKEMON EVER IS A POKEBALL MON?!?!

I AM STUNNED. Considering I didn't get my beloved playable Toad, this is shaping up to be such a great Smash for characters I like outside the playables.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
When I heard that wavedashing was supposedly in, I actually almost cried in joy. When it was deconfirmed, my heart sank. I thought I couldn't get dissapointed anymore. I shielded myself emotionally, and just.... this. I think Sakurai should honestly consider just letting Wavedashing be in instead of stubbornly clinging to his olf-fashioned mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom