• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Wow uh, I went into this not expecting a whole lot, and still came out disappointed. I know I know, everyone should be happy, but he just confirmed that they're doing everything that I don't want. Few new characters, everyone back, Daisy, Bomberman as an assist trophy, Ridley. Literally everything ranges from something I actively don't want to at best something I don't care about (Daisy and Ridley). The fact that we have 3 Links (billed as a good thing during the direct) is honestly just silly to me and a little insulting to every other Zelda character. And Bomberman as an assist trophy is actually insulting tbh. The mechanics seem good maybe, but I don't feel like commenting on that really since I haven't played.

Also Pichu back. Really? Ugh. Gross.

But all of that is fine really if they added new characters too, but based on what Sakurai said it sounds like we're getting all the old characters instead of many new ones. Aka a whole bunch of characters I don't like/want in exchange for all my hopes and dreams. lol

Anyway sorry, I'm in my feels. I really went in not expecting a whole lot, but this is still somehow worse than I thought possible.

TheFritzle

Smash Apprentice
I was really confident in Waluigi and Takamaru...
I'm now thinking these newcomers are going to be harder to predict

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I...

I can play as Ivysaur in an official Smash game again.

THE PRESIDENT IS COMING BACK BOYS!

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I'm so freaking excited for Super Smash Bros Ultimate!! It's gonna be a long wait till December!
Welcome back Wolf!!! And Ridley looks great!!!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
WOW. And to think I was losing interest in this game. With the roster and the gameplay mechanics, I think I'm 100% on board with this.

HOLY CRAP THIS IS REALLY A GAME! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

I have to say, though, the thing I'm the happiest about, aside from the return of Miis and them becoming more standardized, is the NAME.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. ULTIMATE. None of that lazy "For Nintendo Switch" BS.

Also, I think of a few certain people who are gonna be super happy about Red and Leaf.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Congrats to Daisy and Ridley supporters!

I’d like to formally apologize for any disbelief I have over the years.

Also, EVERYONE EVER IS IN THAT’S AMAZING!

Lastly, I’m sad to see Takamaru deconfirmed...however, Isabelle wasn’t shown. THERE IS STILL HOPE.

P.S. Actual lastly, the “don’t expect many newcomers.” statement was a little disheartening. I understand why, but I’m hoping we still atleast get 10-12. And I know DLC is still very much possible.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ah, glad we're getting confirmation on Nintendog's new Breed right now.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Basically, Vergeben leak was right (so I guess we will get Simon Belmont), but the imgur leak got deconfirmed because takamaru got deconfirmed.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Did anyone else see Link fire a projectile off his F-Smash?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So since Sakurai doesn't care about consistency between the Zelda characters anymore can I please get my Impa? They can even do the skyward sword version that would be dope

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No Simon Belmont huh? Well.

As promised:

Last edited by a moderator:

Staarih

Smash Master
First I was like what (Daisy??) but now I’m like oh my god this is awesome (Ridley). Few newcomers were expected I guess... but POKEMON TRAINER IS BACK.

Also Ridley amiibo. I need it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The best character reveal after Ridley was Pichu.

I'm not kidding.

I'm so happy!

Also Bandana Dee didn't appear as an AT or Dedede's Final Smash!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
So hyped to see everybody confirmed to return. I thought that Ivysaur would never come back! And Ridley here at last!

Sakurai, you're amazing!!!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
See? Ridley is shown, self destruction.

He is a Photoshopped Little Mac.

But seriously, GET HYPE, IT'S A PORT OF ALL 4 SMASH GAMES BOIS. ALL FOUR + NEW CHARACTERS, RIDLEY, AND ****ING DAISY, I'LL NEED TO EAT A SHOE NOW.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Basically, Vergeben leak was right (so I guess we will get Simon Belmont), but the imgur leak got deconfirmed because takamaru got deconfirmed.

Never believed that for a second. It was piggybacking the almighty Vergeben

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
The amiibo stand they showed it on has two stands left over! They'll probably announce two more characters and then put them there for display!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That was a great Direct! I loved every bit of the Smash Bros part of it! I love that Wolf is coming back, and Ridley looks cool as well! Sucks it is coming out in December, though, but hey, what can you do?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The CSS is a little worrying. It's almost a carbon copy of the Wii U one. And now it looks like it's ordered by character appearance in Smash rather than by series. I know I've said the OG 8 should get priority on the CSS in the past, but not like this...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Since our three newcomers so far are getting amiibo, do you all think returning veterans such as Wolf will get amiibo?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sakurai is better than all you scrubs, lol.

I like the Grim Blaster Inkling! Glad Pokemon Trainer's back too.

D

Deleted member

I had a feeling that at least the “no cuts” part of the rumor would be true, but I didn’t think it would mean that EVER single character from the ENTIRE SERIES would return. Holy cow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom