• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
My most basic expectations:

-At least 5 of the original 8 will be shown.
-At least two starters from Melee, Brawl, and SSB4.
-Three newcomers with one being third party.
-At least two veterans shown with major moveset revamps.
Considering there's a whole tournament happening I'm expecting to see at least 20 characters total, same as the wii u's invitational

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If Ridley does get in, Ridley supporters should not attack Ridley opposers with "I told you so" messages and other things like that, and vice versa if he doesn't get in. If I see any posts antagonizing users for wanting/not wanting Ridley then I will report them to the mods and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Lol I'm watching it on WiiU. wtf Nintendo I should be able to watch this on my Switch!
Same here actually, my pc sometimes crashes during live streams. And since I don't want to risk that, I'm watching on Wii U, thank goodness they haven't removed Wi-fi from that yet since you can't watch live streams on Switch yet.

Zeox

Smash Champion
If Ridley does get in, Ridley supporters should not attack Ridley opposers with "I told you so" messages and other things like that, and vice versa if he doesn't get in. If I see any posts antagonizing users for wanting/not wanting Ridley then I will report them to the mods and they will be dealt with accordingly.
How the **** you want Ridley supporters to attack if they will all die of an heart attack after seeing the big dragon on smash?

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I had a nightmare last night that my stream crashed for 10 minutes after a Ridley reveal and I'm scared now

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
OOH Masuda tweeted at Sakurai after his tweet this morning. Pokemon in Smash revealed today?

Interesting... I really hope they reveal the pokemon newcomer as thats one of the newcomer characters I assume we are getting that I have the most difficulty trying to predict which pokemon they'll choose.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Time has slowed to a crawl. How is it the last 3 days went by so fast and these last 30 minutes feel like an eternity.

?????????????

Smash Master
On Sora...

It’d be perfect for this E3. Several conferences showing off Kingdom Hearts III, ending with Sora for Smash? What an awesome build-up!

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I'm back! I was going to watch the direct in the morning but I can't sleep, I'm too hyped! I guess the hype train doesn't stop for anyone.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Interesting... I really hope they reveal the pokemon newcomer as thats one of the newcomer characters I assume we are getting that I have the most difficulty trying to predict which pokemon they'll choose.
Yeah, tbh I think having the Pokemon argument out of the way will be a major favor for all of us. That's one conversation I'm just tired of having.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So. In our last hour, I wanna do two bits of roster.
"Open" which basically breaks down my ideas for slots for the characters I'm not truly confident in.
"Filled" which is what my bias would fill everything with.
OpenEndedPrE3.png

2 clones, 4 other characters for new series or filling our existing ones, 2 3rd parties, and a retro that nobody ever guesses properly.

SwitchMayFull.png

(Let me believe)
Dixie becoming a wolf-tier clone and Ribbon Girl being a more traditional barely-different clone seem like natural fits.
No, I don't expect cuts.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Imagine that the Direct starts with the Splatoon teaser from before, but this time instead of cutting to the logo, it showcases all the silhouettes and then goes straight to gameplay.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm so hype right now.

I feel like Sakurai won't let us down. He's about to put on a performance.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
With a half hour remaining, I've never related to Zephiel more than I do now.
image.png

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, tbh I think having the Pokemon argument out of the way will be a major favor for all of us. That's one conversation I'm just tired of having.
Yeah, I can probably name like 8 pokemon who all have a pretty good chance of being the pokemon newcomer rep. Theres not really an obvious choice this time theres like 4 or 5 most likely choices with another 3 or so also possible ones, its a headache trying to predict which one will be chosen.

Mogu

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
1728-6760-6013
A little less than 30 minutes til it starts, I'm pumped!
Listening to this right now in the meantime. :estatic::bluejump:
Any predictions for Smash Switch's actual name?

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
So once the direct finish, what else will be there to see? Will it be the invitational? And could we see it from the same link for the direct?

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
They have actually managed to bring it home without massive credible leaks... This is Madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom