• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh boy

The compilation game has not ben shown yet by konami

That means Nintendo has to be involved of that game!

Come one please be castlevania collection to end this leak speculation

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Nu~ Nu~ : My main problem with Brawl is its stale move mechanics. Not only did stale moves weaken the amount of damage an attack dealt, but its KBG also suffered, which meant that attacks that could easily KO as early as 150% damage when fresh would end up struggling to KO well after 300% damage when stale.

The stale move mechanics in Smash 3DS / Wii U are far less harsh, as the only penalty for using the same attack repeatedly is a decrease in the damage dealt; KBG doesn't get affected, so even when stale, the attack could still be reliable at making KOs.
I feel that. It felt like no one could die in Brawl, and on top of that, my friend mained a human made of lead (Snake) so that wasn't fun.

...But then I mained Pac-Man in smash 4 and still couldn't kill because his BKB and KBG values are criminally low :teeth:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Isn't Lou Kang like the protagonist of the Mortal Kombat series? I don't know, it's been a while since I played it...
Not anymore with the likes of Scorpion/Sub Zero/The Cage Family/Raiden, besides...being a protagonist didn’t help Chrom out

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Not anymore with the likes of Scorpion/Sub Zero/The Cage Family/Raiden, besides...being a protagonist didn’t help Chrom out
fun fact, did you know that Morrigan Aensland isnt the protagonist of her series Darkstalkers?

sometimes... protagonists aren't the best representation a series have :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel that. It felt like no one could die in Brawl, and on top of that, my friend mained a human made of lead (Snake) so that wasn't fun.

...But then I mained Pac-Man in smash 4 and still couldn't kill because his BKB and KBG values are criminally low :teeth:
It just goes to show that the developers don't exactly know how to make certain fighters feel more viable. They make Kirby's Hammer Flip powerful enough to KO Mario under 30% damage at full charge, and yet Dedede's Jet Hammer isn't able to do that with its full charge.

Similarly, Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch is actually inferior to his fully charged f-smash, as the latter attack has better BKB to go alongside its KBG when angled upwards or sideways.

And I don't think I need to mention how pathetic Ganondorf's Warlock Thrust is.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Well I made my Nintendo E3 Bingo Card. Let's see how I do. Since it's confirmed it's mainly Smash, I'm using a few spaces specifically for that.
View attachment 147729
I hope Yoshi's Flipping Island is in fact the real name, it's just so amazing.

Also, since we're posting bingo cards, here's my E3 bingo card.
E3 Bingo.png

Troykv

Smash Master
I think I'll be unable to follow the Smash Switch Discussion tomorrow... too much activity even if Smashboards doesn't actually explode xD

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Since Smash 5 is on the way, I will add my two separate Bingo cards for both E3 Smash 5 and General Nintendo Stuff. Right now, I will sleep and I will set an alarm so I can wake up a few minutes before Direct.
Smash 5 Bingo.png

Nintendo E3 Bingo.png

Now I will wait for Etika reaction tomorrow....

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone else's stomachs feel all giddy like

TRrmRrgzgc6FW.gif

Because I know I'm going to love whatever comes tomorrow. Yes, even if it's Mr. Hanafuda Man.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Wait, you can play games made by Kojima? I thought they were all just really epic movies.
Right, implying that Kojima has ever made a game without multiple several minute long cutscenes.

At least most of then are as fun to watch as his games are to play.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
fun fact, did you know that Morrigan Aensland isnt the protagonist of her series Darkstalkers?

sometimes... protagonists aren't the best representation a series have :p
I never played the games and assumed she was the main protagonist, so this helps a lot

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I kind of don’t want the leak to be true. If Vergeben is right when they show off Smash, it will kill some of the hype for me since I know Ridley is gonna be in, I know Simon is in. I wanted it to be a surprise, there would be no point in seeing a reveal of them.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I kind of don’t want the leak to be true. If Vergeben is right when they show off Smash, it will kill some of the hype for me since I know Ridley is gonna be in, I know Simon is in. I wanted it to be a surprise, there would be no point in seeing a reveal of them.
The leak have been confirmed to be a bust, it was Dio, all along.
the actual newcomers are the pokemon Magmar, Electabuzz, Butterfree and the retro Nes pick, "athlethe".
as for 3rd parties emrace yourself for the protagonist of teh new tom clancy games and a random Nba player that i didnt recognized and certainly is not shaquille o'neal...

Tell yourself this at sleep like a mantra and you should be fine.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not trying to be rude but if you didn't want to get spoiled maybe you shouldn't be on a Smash forum. :p

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This game of waiting has been painful, but we're at the end now. We just gotta beat the final boss. A good night's sleep.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Not gonna lie, I'd be disappointed if the characters he mentioned are all we see tomorrow. Part because it'd spoil the entire surprise, part because it'd mean only two newcomers at E3 (which could mean a nightmare scenario of only 5-6 or so newcomers in the base roster), and part because I'm merely neutral on everyone he's rumored.

Last edited:

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm setting myself up for a major let down by blasting every single iteration of Ridley's theme rn but it'll also be super hype if he's revealed so it's high risk high reward and I'm willing to take the chance of a crash for one night on the hype train.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I've been on /v/ and I'm actually dying of laughter. These guys have been complaining about E3 nonstop saying that Smash and Ridley is the only thing that can save E3.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm just as hyped over the potentially spoiled characters because it's a stupid text rumor and what are you doing thinking it's even close to confirmed.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Similarly, Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch is actually inferior to his fully charged f-smash, as the latter attack has better BKB to go alongside its KBG when angled upwards or sideways.
But you can't use fsmash in the air or reverse it a bunch of times for BM/"mindgames." Doesn't Punch also have much better range?

DLEAF

Smash Apprentice
But you can't use fsmash in the air or reverse it a bunch of times for BM/"mindgames." Doesn't Punch also have much better range?
The whole mindgames thing applies to Dedede's down special, too, since you can jump and move with it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am curious. Why do the newcomer threads (even the Ridley and K. Rool ones) have barely any activity on the eve of potential newcomer unveils? Has forum activity collapsed to such a significant degree in just four years? Do people now do speculation and character support primarily on Reddit and Discord now? Its really surreal especially in comparison to what pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4 were like.

Also...

Its still strange to see that we are getting a new Smash Bros. game only two years after Smash 4 DLC ended. Let us see what unfolds in another 12 hours.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The whole mindgames thing applies to Dedede's down special, too, since you can jump and move with it.
Sorry, there was a typo in my initial post
Internally I said:
""""""""""mindgames""""""""""
I was going to say something about comboing into Falcon Punch, but then I remembered we were talking about sm4sh, where the existence of combos* would be pandering to the competitive crowd.
*Outside of a small group of characters who dominate the meta anyway

Troykv

Smash Master
I am curious. Why do the newcomer threads (even the Ridley and K. Rool ones) have barely any activity on the eve of potential newcomer unveils? Has forum activity collapsed to such a significant degree in just four years? Do people now do speculation and character support primarily on Reddit and Discord now? Its really surreal especially in comparison to what pre-Brawl and pre-Smash 4 were like.

Also...

Its still strange to see that we are getting a new Smash Bros. game only two years after Smash 4 DLC ended. Let us see what unfolds in another 12 hours.
Maybe we're focusing too much in the social threads like this one.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
I’ve had smash four since release and just finished unlocking custom moves today. I thought that I would feel catharsis by finally 100%ing smash 4, but honestly I’m just confused over how they thought random unlocks were a good idea. I will lose all faith if smash 5 doesn’t fix the system.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Also...

I’m going to sleep right now, this way when I wake up, there would be much less time to wait for Nintendo’s Direct.

Give it your all SAKURAI!

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Normally I don't care about being spoiled but since we got so far without pictures or videos, I think I'll be offline of Smashboards until after the presentation.
It's impossible to everyone to get what they want. That said, I wish luck for all of you, even the mad people who actually wants Waluigi.

A good thing about being passionated about Smash is that I learnt that I love the game much beyond the roster.
Going to sleep with no doubts that tomorrow will be a rollercoaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom