• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I mean you also listed Inklings in your 5 which seemed kinda redundant since, as you said, they are confirmed. So I just skipped that one. I also have no idea why anyone would bet on Ivysaur and Squirtle at this point.

"Yes, sir. I would like to throw away money as efficiently as possible."

EDIT: Not saying people shouldn't think that it just seems super far fetched to me that people actually expect this despite all this talk about a low list of new characters, over representation (Pffft), and the desire for old vets to come back that are far more popular than the two starters (Ice Climbers, Wolf, even Snake).
I dont think Sakurai is capable of making something "less grand" which is why I worry that he wont be happy with a drastic change to size of the roster additions. I fear this will result in an abundance of clones for fluff and more than likely the return of wolf, squirtle and ivysaur.

Also Pokemon Go. That happened right during the roster selection. If you never knew you had fans that still secretly loved your franchise that phenomenon was it.

Finally with the Wii U doing so freaking bad, I don't expect Sakurai to pull a lot of new characters from these games that only sold 1 million. Not that a few of them wont get in but I dont expect the roster to just consist of characters like, elma, toad, bandanna dee, ect. I believe that the roster will be looking at heavy additions from Pokemon, Mario, and Zelda because these are the series that sell consols and would be, at the time of the roster selection, the series that Sakurai and nintendo would expect to sell the Switch and turn nintendo around.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know it's been two months since their confirmation but it's still weird to mention Inklings as old news, considering we don't even know how they fight exactly.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Been looking for some E3 leaks for fun, but all I can find is threads and videos talking about how Crash and Spyro were recently "leaked" by a "credible source".

Sometimes I wish the rest of the world could be just as involved in Smash speculation as me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lately, I've been having a trailer concept in mind...

The trailer would begin with a battle between Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Lucario, but during the fight, an Ultra Wormhole would spawn above them. A dark silhouette then pops out of the Ultra Wormhole, and makes a heavy landing on the ground. The silhouette reveals itself to be Buzzwole, and it starts off by boasting its strength at the four fighters.

Putting their battle aside, Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Lucario prepare to face Buzzwole together, while Buzzwole charges forward at them. The scene then transitions over to various gameplay footage that showcases Buzzwole and its various abilities, such as its Beast Boost mechanic, Leech Life, and so forth.

The trailer concludes with Buzzwole showing off again, presumably after defeating its four opponents.

blackghost

Smash Champion
my prediction: a trailer that shows a bunch of reveals and shows at least one third party. whatever third party is in the base roster will be shown for sure. snake and megaman. Got to remember that E3 is not just a smahboards convention. i dont think waluigi would get a huge response. I'd look to rayman or crash to be in the trailer and be playable.

doing too much smash would drown th erest of the show nintendo has to put on. i dont expect too much trailers for now. there will probably be a direct within two weeks after e3 to show a lot more.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

The Smash Bros Invitational participants revealed.

We’re slowly getting there...
Abadango basically have the same favorite game and hobbies as mine lol.
I like Xenoblade series and hobby is watch anime and reading. ..manga and English novels.... .I basically read anything that I am interested in.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Whaaaaaat Team Beer on official Nintendo content? That's a shocker. I was expecting Hbox and maybe M2K but never Mang0. Wow.

D

Deleted member

For those people asking why Etika is not in, it is because he is nowhere near a top player.
Stop trolling guys, please.
Whaaaaaat Team Beer on official Nintendo content? That's a shocker. I was expecting Hbox and maybe M2K but never Mang0. Wow.
Nintendo will do anything to make E3 hype, my guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if Plup got to play Ridley. Like to be the first person to try to main and play Ridley in the game's debut.

I kinda want an actual Super Metroid fan to have that pleasure. So a Ridley reveal at E3 would be pretty damn nice for that reason now too.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
For those people asking why Etika is not in, it is because he is nowhere near a top player.
Stop trolling guys, please.

Nintendo will do anything to make E3 hype, my guy.
Time to get Mang0 drunk so he leaks the game a bit? :troll:

D

Deleted member

Time to get Mang0 drunk so he leaks the game a bit? :troll:
But then Sakurai will put an end to it immediately. :troll:
SAKK.jpg

In all seriousness, Nintendo would not be very kind to those who leak their games. So making him drunk would not be worth it.
Also if someone brung in Ridley, the hype would be real for everyone. I think Plup might want to, IDK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Maybe Sakurai has kept this project secret so long so he can prevent leaks. God knows Smash 4 was ''HERE'S A REAL LEAK THAT'S UNFINISHED AND OLD INFO, NOW HERE'S ANOTHER REAL LEAK, HERE'S A DLC LEAK!"

Guy couldn't catch a break.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Sakurai has kept this project secret so long so he can prevent leaks. God knows Smash 4 was ''HERE'S A REAL LEAK THAT'S UNFINISHED AND OLD INFO, NOW HERE'S ANOTHER REAL LEAK, HERE'S A DLC LEAK!"

Guy couldn't catch a break.
Shows how much Sakurai cares for us. Barely getting any breaks because of Smash Bros.
I love Sakurai, even if he cuts characters that we love. <3
We should be thankful that he puts his time and health into the Smash Bros. games.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
To the guy that makes fun of me for telling that Mango will never EVER enter the invitational...

As much as I love Mang0, I don't see Nintendo inviting Team Beer to a family friendly event... Haha.
Mango is now there and now, I will take that last laugh...HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Shows how much Sakurai cares for us. Barely getting any breaks because of Smash Bros.
I love Sakurai, even if he cuts characters that we love. <3
We should be thankful that he puts his time and health into the Smash Bros. games.
I agree but... I think he loves the cut characters, too. I mean, look how much many veterans returned last minute in Smash For. And he worked hard to put Ice Climbers (unsuccessfully) and Olimar (successfully) in to the game, despite hardware limitations.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I agree but... I think he loves the cut characters, too. I mean, look how much many veterans returned last minute in Smash For. And he worked hard to put Ice Climbers (unsuccessfully) and Olimar (successfully) in to the game, despite hardware limitations.
I will believe his love if :wolf: is back

Pretty much the only absentee that has no confirmed reason or speculated reason as to why he never returned. I found it strange.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
What was that music? I really liked the style of the video. If that’s Smash 5s style, I’d love it!!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908

The Smash Bros Invitational participants revealed.

We’re slowly getting there...
Smh, why would Nintendo invite a professional Mario Kart streamer to this event? :falcomelee:

But seriously poor M2K, this is twice he’s been shafted. I love everyone that got invited though so I’m extremely hype rn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here are my player predictions.
MKLeo: :4marth::4metaknight:
ZeRo: :4diddy::4sheik:
Armada ( I really do not know what to expect, as in Smash 4 he was a Diddy main ): :4peach:(:4diddy::4fox:?)
Abadango: :4mewtwo::4pacman:
Plup: :rosalina:(:4sheik::4fox:?)
Mr. R: :4sheik:
Lucky: :4fox:
Mango: :4falco::4falcon:
This theory is poor, so do not expect this to be 100% correct.
Also it would be cool to see the Inklings in action. E3 is going to give us major details, so prepared to be hype.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Not surprised HBox isn't back after what happened with him and Reggie, lol.

Glad to see Mang0 up there, although he looks more and more SoCal with every picture I see of him.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Who are the players were involved in Smash Bros Invitational (I'm talking about the Smash Bros for Wii U) ?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Who are the players were involved in Smash Bros Invitational (I'm talking about the Smash Bros for Wii U) ?
There are Top 16 players in the previous Smash Invitational:
  • Peachyhime:peach:
  • Hungrybox:jigglypuffmelee:
  • DJ Nintendo:foxmelee::samusmelee::bowsermelee:
  • milktea:peachmelee:
  • ZeRo:foxmelee::metaknight::4diddy:
  • HugS:samusmelee:
  • PPMD:falcomelee::marthmelee:
  • Toph:foxmelee:
  • Crismas:peachmelee:
  • Ken:marthmelee:
  • PewPewU:marthmelee::foxmelee:
  • MacD:peachmelee:
  • aMSa:yoshimelee:
  • KoreanDJ:marthmelee::foxmelee:
  • Lilo:peachmelee:
  • Rapture:metaknight::kirby2:
Out of 16 of them, only 1 return to the current invitational, which is the champion ZeRo.
Happy that 5 of the 8 top players were from different locations (ZeRo: Chile, Armada: Sweden, Mr. R: Netherlands, Abadango: Japan, MKLeo: Mexico, and Mango, Plup, and Lucky: USA). At the same time, there will 4 Melee players (Armada, Mango, Lucky, and Plup) and 4 Smash 4 players (ZeRo, Mr. R, Abadango, MKLeo). This is going to be hype!

SonicMario

Smash Master
No new info from the invitational. But I am thinking the use of Xander Mobus clips is peculiar. A clue that he'll return as the announcer of this game?

dada5714

Smash Rookie
NNID
dada5714
Switch FC
Had to be a conscious decision to invite 4 Melee and 4 Smash 4 players. I really appreciate them acknowledging that Melee exists considering it still, after 17 years, still draws quite the numbers.

But I'm hoping this is a signal that Smash 5 is going to be the bridge between the two. Not that I'm saying Smash 4 is bad at all, but I'd definitely welcome the speed of Melee back any day.

No new info from the invitational. But I am thinking the use of Xander Mobus clips is peculiar. A clue that he'll return as the announcer of this game?
Everything's been reused from Smash 4 so far except the logo, so I wouldn't put too much weight in that so far.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Here's my character list for 5:

Joining:
Funky Kong
ARMS Guy (with the blue ice cream head)/Ribbon Girl
Crash Bandicoot
Shovel Knight
Ice Climbers
Inkling
Shantae (?)
Wolf (?)
Rex (with Pyra/Mythra/Green girl somehow?)
Buzzwole (?)(Or some other UB)
Lyn (Or some FE axe wielder)
Rabbid(s) (or Rayman?)

Leaving:
Ike
Charizard
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Lucina
Roy
Ryu
Cloud

Not Joining:
Captain Toad
Spyro

I think the first 5 picks are free, Inkings are confirmed already, then the rest are kinda sketchy. Rex is probably an easy pick, but I'm not sure how they'll implement him. I think Captain Toad will not be in Smash 5.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rex (with Pyra/Mythra/Green girl somehow?)
Whoa there, don't even spoil the character that's a heavy spoiler lol.
Green girl though, I'm guessing it will be either Adenine or Floren.

Wait a minute...

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
There aren’t enough players for enough varying FFAs, I actually think the E3 tournament will be 1v1 double elimination.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Had to be a conscious decision to invite 4 Melee and 4 Smash 4 players. I really appreciate them acknowledging that Melee exists considering it still, after 17 years, still draws quite the numbers.

But I'm hoping this is a signal that Smash 5 is going to be the bridge between the two. Not that I'm saying Smash 4 is bad at all, but I'd definitely welcome the speed of Melee back any day.
Wasn’t Smash 4’s invitational mostly Melee players?

Who NoA picks for their advertournament doesn’t really have anything to do with how Sakurai makes the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom