• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Speaking of leaks inb4 the Gardevoir/Gothitelle leaker datamines more characters in this build :colorful:
Inb4 we get Seliph with Alm and Eirika as echo fighters so that every FE continent is represented.

That's how Sakurai is choosing characters now, right? /s

Last edited:

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
I hope that Simon, Richter and Daisy are in the new demo, it would be a cool way to show every newcomer yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random thought, between Nintendo and thrid party Mario creations, we've got an entire Waru-cast

Wario
Waluigi
Rabbid Peach
Boshi

Though on topic, I hope we see more characters that haven't had their final smashes shown like Yoshi, Peach, Daisy and Young Link

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Footage. I hope i'm not late.

Chrom looks amazing, and DS too, but the Father-Daughter tag team is looking really clean.

As for King K. Kool...

Stop trying to look impressive! The closest I'll get to using a slow, heavy character is Ike (which is not often). So stop trying to look cool with your new song, it's not like I'll ever go against my speedy playstyle, to play with a slow super heavyweight like you never!
You B-baka.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Stop trying to look impressive! The closest I'll get to using a slow, heavy character is Ike (which is not often). So stop trying to look cool with your new song, it's not like I'll ever go against my speedy playstyle, to play with a slow super heavyweight like you never!
You B-baka.
K.Rool: the attractive heavyweight.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Glad we get to see more footage of the new characters.

Chrom looks decent, but I'm a little worried about Dark Samus. I find it a little strange how she might be one of the floatiest fighters in the game.

As for K. Rool, I'm gonna have to see more footage. The cannonball could create some interesting combos, but I'm not convinced that his crown will be helpful, especially since it's being treated as an item. I can already tell you that Rosalina will be his absolute worst fear.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Glad we get to see more footage of the new characters.

Chrom looks decent, but I'm a little worried about Dark Samus. I find it a little strange how she might be one of the floatiest fighters in the game.

As for K. Rool, I'm gonna have to see more footage. The cannonball could create some interesting combos, but I'm not convinced that his crown will be helpful, especially since it's being treated as an item. I can already tell you that Rosalina will be his absolute worst fear.
I don't know. K. Rool will have an easy time shooting the Luma away with his blunderbuss and will be able to kill Rosalina early with his heavy attacks and her light weight.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I'm not convinced that his crown will be helpful, especially since it's being treated as an item.
I don't think this is something we can answer until we know precisely how King K Rool interacts with his crown.

If he automatically puts it on his head, it's not a hugely helpful change. If he can use a fallen crown as an item himself then it's a much better move in general.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing I like about a new demo is that it means we could get the more important part, new things like AT's/Pokeballs/Playable Stages so we can figure out more content in the game(and of course, disconfirmations). Ripe for speculation and all~

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I just saw an interesting comment on Reddit, about how since so many of the final smashes are similar they can be classified into 3 types: Trap (Ridley, K.Rool, any that trigger a cutscene from a strike), Area of Effect (Jiggly Puffs, Ness/Lucas, Rosalina) and Controllable/Aimable (Bowser, Pit, Snake).

Maybe you could make a different category for Marth/Pikachu where it doesn't quite trigger a cutscene, but it's basically the same as Trap. I guess ones like Samus and Mario are considered Controllable/Aimable... I'm not sure if Inklings would be that or Area of Effect.

Anyway just something different I saw! Really hoping we see some more of the Final Smashes if this is a new demo, but it sounds like from some people the Gamescom one is the same, do we have confirmation?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The thing I like about a new demo is that it means we could get the more important part, new things like AT's/Pokeballs/Playable Stages so we can figure out more content in the game(and of course, disconfirmations). Ripe for speculation and all~
Super hoping for this, some leaks people believe in need to die already

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Yay, more gameplay! Those matches were nice. Love to see how the new characters work.

Though there is still a few graphical hiccups I noticed, like Chrom grabbing nothing during his entrance animation.

But the game's still being worked on, and it already looks great, so it's in no way a big deal.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of leaks inb4 the Gardevoir/Gothitelle leaker datamines more characters in this build :colorful:
"Hey guys, you know me as the guy who stole a CEO demo unit that magically crumbled to dust before I could show any proof that I did so. Anyway, I also stole an updated demo of the game. Don't ask how neither of these stolen units were reported or my story falls apart. This new build also includes files for simon and chrom (looks like I missed them last time, because they were in the CEO demo files as well.) The richter files are labeled under simon just like the other echoes. There are also files for "starkid" "gaogaen" "shadou" and "ken." The files for "shadou" and "ken" are labeled under sonic and ryu, so they must be echoes too. I'd do some more digging, but this newer demo also crumbled to dust. Sorry!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
"Hey guys, you know me as the guy who stole a CEO demo unit that magically crumbled to dust before I could show any proof that I did so. Anyway, I also stole an updated demo of the game. Don't ask how neither of these stolen units were reported or my story falls apart. This new build also includes files for simon and chrom (looks like I missed them last time, because they were in the CEO demo files as well.) The richter files are labeled under simon just like the other echoes. There are also files for "starkid" "gaogaen" "shadou" and "ken." The files for "shadou" and "ken" are labeled under sonic and ryu, so they must be echoes too. I'd do some more digging, but this newer demo also crumbled to dust. Sorry!"
I mean, we need to stop trashing the user over the veracity of how he got info. Anyone remember ChaosZero? He provided zero proof and was right during Brawl leak days. I could be a credible leaker and completely lie how I got the info to prevent anyone from trying to track me down. Judge him/her on the content of the leak (which isn't even that bad tbh and the if its bull**** they guessed Richter correctly a month early lol), not if they can provide exact proof (most leaks are second hand information from a friend or an aquaintance, they have no proof)

D

Deleted member

I mean, we need to stop trashing the user over the veracity of how he got info. Anyone remember ChaosZero? He provided zero proof and was right during Brawl leak days. I could be a credible leaker and completely lie how I got the info to prevent anyone from trying to track me down. Judge him/her on the content of the leak (which isn't even that bad tbh and the if its bull**** they guessed Richter correctly a month early lol), not if they can provide exact proof (most leaks are second hand information from a friend or an aquaintance, they have no proof)
My problem isn't this guy's lack of proof, it's his story. There is no way he acquired his list from a stolen CEO demo unit. It's just not possible. I'd be more willing to entertain the possibility that it's legit if it wasn't for that impossibility and several other consistency issues. And if you're lying about your story, I have no reason to trust you at all. Just provide a list of names. It's not even the only """"leak"""" to guess Richter either. There was another one that did but they also claimed K. Rool was an assist trophy.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
My problem isn't this guy's lack of proof, it's his story. There is no way he acquired his list from a stolen CEO demo unit. It's just not possible. I'd be more willing to entertain the possibility that it's legit if it wasn't for that impossibility and several other consistency issues. It's not even the only """"leak"""" to guess Richter either. There was another one that did but they also claimed K. Rool was an assist trophy.
But thats exactly what I'm saying. Humor me for a moment: Say I'm an actual leaker with actual info on Smash. I want to share the info but I can't because I'm scared my employer or my friend's (who gave me the info) employer will find out that I leaked the info. So I make up an dumb excuse for how I found the info, but the info is legit. See where I'm going with this?

It doesn't matter if his story is dumb, only that his info could be right. So far, the leaker has some crazy coincidences going for him:

- Guesses Richter Belmont (not Simon)- The leak IS the first to do so (July 1st, there is nothing before this) and then we find out Richter is in the game. Do note he never said Simon wasn't in, he said he didn't see Simon. Whatever, could be a lucky guess.
- Says Dark Samus and K. Rool- K. Rool is a safe guess, but Dark Samus is not: US made character (the only one ever in a roster) with an already established AT. Little mac was the only character to ever break this trend from Brawl, there is no safe guess here to say it would have happened again. But again, could be a lucky guess.
- Mentions Gardevoir/Gothitelle- This right here would be the dealbreaker. You simply don't guess Gardevoir. Pokemon newcomers generally are from newer generations and are more relevant to the time when they become playable. Not only that, but Gardevoir has been a pokeball pokemon since Brawl. However, and miraculously we have not see Gardevoir as a pokeball pokemon yet.
- Mentions "Mario2"- could be anyone really. Smash 4 DLC were all mario so I have no guesses here.

My point is, this leak has nothing going against it save for people trashing the user for where he got the info. It miraculously dodges dis-confirmations by mentioning Richter, Dark Samus and Gardevoir. People did the same thing to ChaosZero, people are doing the same thing to Loz18.

And trust me, this is coming from someone who is indifferent to Gardevoir/Gothitelle, but isn't dismissing a leak a reason we can't prove.

Judge a leak by its content, not by its source. You never know what's right.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I just saw an interesting comment on Reddit, about how since so many of the final smashes are similar they can be classified into 3 types: Trap (Ridley, K.Rool, any that trigger a cutscene from a strike), Area of Effect (Jiggly Puffs, Ness/Lucas, Rosalina) and Controllable/Aimable (Bowser, Pit, Snake).

Maybe you could make a different category for Marth/Pikachu where it doesn't quite trigger a cutscene, but it's basically the same as Trap. I guess ones like Samus and Mario are considered Controllable/Aimable... I'm not sure if Inklings would be that or Area of Effect.

Anyway just something different I saw! Really hoping we see some more of the Final Smashes if this is a new demo, but it sounds like from some people the Gamescom one is the same, do we have confirmation?
That's an interesting idea. However, I would rather classify this in 3 category:

Attack: something like Mario's final smash.
Defense: Not sure how to put it correctly, but something like Rosalina's final smash. Her star spawns other stars.
Speed: something like Sonic's or Pikachu's. Although it doesn't deal very much damage as others, it has advantage of hitting quickly the enemy.

D

Deleted member

But thats exactly what I'm saying. Humor me for a moment: Say I'm an actual leaker with actual info on Smash. I want to share the info but I can't because I'm scared my employer or my friend's (who gave me the info) employer will find out that I leaked the info. So I make up an dumb excuse for how I found the info, but the info is legit. See where I'm going with this?

It doesn't matter if his story is dumb, only that his info could be right. So far, the leaker has some crazy coincidences going for him:

- Guesses Richter Belmont (not Simon)- The first to do so, and then we find out Richter is in the game. Do note he never said Simon wasn't in, he said he didn't see Simon. Whatever, could be a lucky guess.
- Says Dark Samus and K. Rool- K. Rool is a safe guess, but Dark Samus is not: US made character (the only one ever in a roster) with an already established AT. Little mac was the only character to ever break this trend from Brawl, there is no safe guess here to say it would have happened again. But again, could be a lucky guess.
- Mentions Gardevoir/Gothitelle- This right here would be the dealbreaker. You simply don't guess Gardevoir. Pokemon newcomers generally are from newer generations and are more relevant to the time when they become playable. Not only that, but Gardevoir has been a pokeball pokemon since Brawl. However, and miraculously we have not see Gardevoir as a pokeball pokemon yet.
- Mentions "Mario2"- could be anyone really. Smash 4 DLC were all mario so I have no guesses here.

My point is, this leak has nothing going against it save for people trashing the user for where he got the info. It miraculously dodges dis-confirmations by mentioning Richter, Dark Samus and Gardevoir. People did the same thing to ChaosZero, people are doing the same thing to Loz18.

And trust me, this is coming from someone who is indifferent to Gardevoir/Gothitelle, but isn't dismissing a leak a reason we can't prove.

Just provide a list of names if you don't want to be caught. You don't need to have a source. Dark Samus was a pretty common guess after E3 too due to the absence of the Assist Trophy and Dark Samus color. I wasn't around in the Brawl times, so did ChaosZero provide a dumb story, or did he just dump info?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just provide a list of names if you don't want to be caught. You don't need to have a source. Dark Samus was a pretty common guess after E3 too due to the absence of the Assist Trophy and Dark Samus color. I wasn't around in the Brawl times, so did ChaosZero provide a dumb story, or did he just dump info?
http://smash-bros-leak.wikia.com/wiki/ChaosZero_leak

There is much more to this. He constantly defended his claims, but provided no logical reason for anyone to believe him.

He was right in the end. Listen, I'm not saying the leak could be wrong, I'm just saying that we shouldn't ignore it. If Gardevoir gets shown as a pokeball pokemon, trash it. If they show her as a playable character, the leak will have had credibility then (since it was the only leak at the time to make the claim)

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Daaaaamn this game is quick. It looks cleaner and smoother than the demo in terms of tempo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

- Guesses Richter Belmont (not Simon)- The leak IS the first to do so (July 1st, there is nothing before this) and then we find out Richter is in the game. Do note he never said Simon wasn't in, he said he didn't see Simon. Whatever, could be a lucky guess.

Loz had credibility by managing to give details on Inkling's moveset and iirc leaking the K.Rool trailer storyboard. I can tell this guy with the made up story is full of **** as 1: He ONLY said Richter, which doesn't make sense as Simon would be the first one to get worked on and 2: Literally nobody wants Gothitelle. I swear, you're playing a VERY weird Devil's Advocate, first you tried to entertain the "Bandana Dee is an echo" idea and this. Next you'll entertain the "Guys I found Daisy and Bandana Dee amiibo data that nobody else can find". If you're scared people can find you, you give the info to other people like what the Gematsu leaker did to Sal Romano

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
The new demo looks awesome. I knew Dark Samus would be floaty, but I didn't expect that much floatiness. King K.'s winning animation is pretty great. I also saw the poison mushroom, Lip's stick, and what looked like a piece of the Daybreak. I don't know if those have been seen before or not.

D

Deleted member

http://smash-bros-leak.wikia.com/wiki/ChaosZero_leak

There is much more to this. He constantly defended his claims, but provided no logical reason for anyone to believe him.

He was right in the end. Listen, I'm not saying the leak could be wrong, I'm just saying that we shouldn't ignore it. If Gardevoir gets shown as a pokeball pokemon, trash it. If they show her as a playable character, the leak will have had credibility then (since it was the only leak at the time to make the claim)
The difference here is that ChaosZero doesn't make the impossible claim that they stole a CEO demo unit. ChaosZero is closer to Ninka Kiwi in that they both knew a guy who gave them legitimate info that was seen as outlandish.

If Gardevoir/Gothitelle get in, I'll be the first person to admit that I was wrong about this one because mocking this """"leak"""" is really fun due to how ludicrous it is.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Loz had credibility by managing to give details on Inkling's moveset and iirc leaking the K.Rool trailer storyboard. I can tell this guy with the made up story is full of **** as 1: He ONLY said Richter, which doesn't make sense as Simon would be the first one to get worked on and 2: Literally nobody wants Gothitelle. I swear, you're playing a VERY weird Devil's Advocate, first you tried to entertain the "Bandana Dee is an echo" idea and this. Next you'll entertain the "Guys I found Daisy and Bandana Dee amiibo data that nobody else can find". If you're scared people can find you, you give the info to other people like what the Gematsu leaker did to Sal Romano

1. Actually I'm playing it logically. The leaker hasn't gotten anything wrong so far and got everything right 5 weeks before the August direct. 3 of his 6 characters were confirmed in one go, with the remaining 50% not being disconfirmed (and Gardevoir had a high chance of being the killer of the leak). I believe leaks based on actual, factual info for the game. Him not finding Simon doesn't discredit him. Several leakers during the brawl days had pieces of the roster and all called each other wrong, when they were all right in the end lmao. And I don't 100% believe the leak, but I don't dismiss leaks that have a track record so far.

2. The Gematsu leak doesn't happen almost ever. Leakers are DUMB. Just like everyone else, there is no logic for what they do or how they do it. People need to stop making assumptions on what they can or can't do.

3. Yea and I still believe Waddle Dee could be an echo fighter. Bite me. People actually liked the idea. Go argue with Dark Samus fans about what they think on their fighter being an echo.

The difference here is that ChaosZero doesn't make the impossible claim that they stole a CEO demo unit. ChaosZero is closer to Ninka Kiwi in that they both knew a guy who gave them legitimate info that was seen as outlandish.

If Gardevoir/Gothitelle get in, I'll be the first person to admit that I was wrong about this one because mocking this """"leak"""" is really fun due to how ludicrous it is.
Again, stop assuming the leak was at all from CEO or where it came from. The leaker could have said it came from his buttcrack and it still could be right. Thats exactly what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The leaker hasn't gotten anything wrong so far
"The Simon Belmont leaker had the Castlevania IP right, but not the character."

This is incorrect depending on how you read it. I read this as "Simon isn't in."

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wouldn’t mind seeing Tracer as an Assist Trophy, she’s already a gaming icon and she could work as an Assist so it wouldn’t cross my mind tbh.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
"The Simon Belmont leaker had the Castlevania IP right, but not the character."

This is incorrect depending on how you read it. I read this as "Simon isn't in."
Because he says he never saw the character in whatever "data" he was looking at. I interpreted it as he couldn't confirm the character either way. He said he didn't see Simon in a later comment.

Like with the Brawl Leakers, people were bashing each other for not having the whole picture, when they all ended up being right in the end about the roster.

We also have no idea if Richter was originally the main fighter (Sakurai even mentions this in the direct). Anyway, I don't dismiss leaks because of these reasons. I wait for solid disconfirmations first.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
1. Actually I'm playing it logically. The leaker hasn't gotten anything wrong so far and got everything right 5 weeks before the August direct. 3 of his 6 characters were confirmed in one go, with the remaining 50% not being disconfirmed (and Gardevoir had a high chance of being the killer of the leak). I believe leaks based on actual, factual info for the game. Him not finding Simon doesn't discredit him. Several leakers during the brawl days had pieces of the roster and all called each other wrong, when they were all right in the end lmao. And I don't 100% believe the leak, but I don't dismiss leaks that have a track record so far.

2. The Gematsu leak doesn't happen almost ever. Leakers are DUMB. Just like everyone else, there is no logic for what they do or how they do it. People need to stop making assumptions on what they can or can't do.

3. Yea and I still believe Waddle Dee could be an echo fighter. Bite me. People actually liked the idea. Go argue with Dark Samus fans about what they think on their fighter being an echo.

Again, stop assuming the leak was at all from CEO or where it came from. The leaker could have said it came from his buttcrack and it still could be right. Thats exactly what I'm trying to say.
Except no, EVERYONE knows the 'main character first' meaning Simon would have been including, Chrom and Dark Samus were safe picks, especially judging from what Sakurai said. And Gothitelle is what kills it because should Gardevoir have some kicks, which I highly doubt it wouldn't have, Gothitelle would be unable to do the same. ALSO NOBODY LIKES GOTHITELLE
Don't make me go Mike Tyson on your sorry "If they completely change 90% of the moveset and then change the animations for it then it's still an echo" ass because at that point, only the specials would be the same. I am willing to make a ****ing money bet with you like I did with Blue that Bandana Dee wouldn't be an echo. How does 50 euros sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom