• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Happy birthday Noipoi Noipoi

Have an awesome day!

If you ever see 'im, tell that Noipoi Noipoi guy to give me back my birthday! (... it's legitimately my birthday too. I guess I'll share)

ANYHOW back in the topic dimension... was kinda hopin for a birthday direct, but I guess me and other birthday kid aren't getting that (not unless they surprise us)

With that said, I'd honestly be surprised if they waited until November for the last dump of Smash news. Like... if they wait TOO long, leaky materials are gonna be out there someway somehow and if the whole point of revealing things before launch is to beat the leaks, that'll be too late. Well, at least that's how I see it. They might see it differently.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
If you ever see 'im, tell that Noipoi Noipoi guy to give me back my birthday! (... it's legitimately my birthday too. I guess I'll share)

ANYHOW back in the topic dimension... was kinda hopin for a birthday direct, but I guess me and other birthday kid aren't getting that (not unless they surprise us)

With that said, I'd honestly be surprised if they waited until November for the last dump of Smash news. Like... if they wait TOO long, leaky materials are gonna be out there someway somehow and if the whole point of revealing things before launch is to beat the leaks, that'll be too late. Well, at least that's how I see it. They might see it differently.
UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord happy birthday to you as well :D

Pakky

Smash Hero
Hmmmmm the 7th eh?

Good thing I can't think of anything else that comes out on 12/7

Otherwise I'd have to theorycraft like some sort of crazy person.

Though... Would Ocotolings necessarily be echoes?

I mean they've been around since Splatoon one, true.

But when you think about Octolings, the mind probably jumps to Marina, or Agent 8.

Agent 8 is of Spaltoon2 and that game has slightly different equipment that it pushes

So, maybe a clone in the vain of :ultisabelle:?

Excessive, but more appropriate.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Happy birthday UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord and Noipoi Noipoi
Hope you two have a good one...

There's also the fact that Pokemon is coming out in November, and they will probably want to spend that month advertising that. So I think this month is the most likely to get some Smash news,

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Edit: trying to delete an acciental quote in mobile is hard

As for my actual post

You guys think we're getting news today or all hope is dead?
Only if it's a totally unprecedented surprise character trailer on a Friday in Japan. Direct always have at least 24 hour notice. I have to say, I'm both annoyed and impressed at how effectively they've been able to stall for time with this game.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
Welp, this week seem like a bust unless we get a character reveal trailer today. I’m predicting we are getting a direct next week. I remember 2 “leakers” on 4chan saying we will get a direct on October 16th or 18th. I don’t believe these leakers but I will just keep a eye on these dates. Never know one of them could happen..

JayPercent

Smash Rookie
Welp, this week seem like a bust unless we get a character reveal trailer today. I’m predicting we are getting a direct next week. I remember 2 “leakers” on 4chan saying we will get a direct on October 16th or 18th. I don’t believe these leakers but I will just keep a eye on these dates. Never know one of them could happen..
I read October 19th... Can't remember where though.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Happy birthday Noipoi Noipoi and UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord !

This is the perfect encapsulation of the Birthday Paradox. Get 20 people in a room, 2 are surprisingly likely to have the same birthday. (EDIT: goes even further since... it's also said birthday)

Looks like I woke up to no Smash news--wish I could sleep until December 7th.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hmmmmm the 7th eh?

Good thing I can't think of anything else that comes out on 12/7

Otherwise I'd have to theorycraft like some sort of crazy person.

Though... Would Ocotolings necessarily be echoes?

I mean they've been around since Splatoon one, true.

But when you think about Octolings, the mind probably jumps to Marina, or Agent 8.

Agent 8 is of Spaltoon2 and that game has slightly different equipment that it pushes

As much as I would love Agent 8 in Smash,
I think they're too new for base...
That being said, they would make a great DLC semiclone
Hold up, Silver instead of Blaze for DLC? In what timeline? The worst?
"It's no use!"

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Great! Happy Birthday to you to as well UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord .

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Honestly surprised that Sonic leak didn't say Silver was gonna be announced alongside a Sonic 06 port

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I feel like it'd actually be appropriate considering that Splatoon 2 as a game is basically a semi-clone of the original.
I love me some Splats and giggles, but if the Wii U wasn't dead, there'd have been no reason for the sequel to be out. Nintendo would've been blasted for becoming Treyarch.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
No more splatoon content plz I have no interest in that series. A newcomer is enough imo

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly surprised that Sonic leak didn't say Silver was gonna be announced alongside a Sonic 06 port
Yeah, they might as well have mentioned that Elise is a Zelda Echo while they were at it...
No more splatoon content pla I have no interest in that series. A newcomer is enough imo
Splatoon is insanely huge in Japan. I think it's fine for it to have more content. (an Octoling echo or semi clone isn't too much to ask, is it?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I personally have no strong feelings one way, or the other.
Now we just need someone who has strong feelings in both directions about it and we'll have the four horsemen of the splatpocalypse.

You can just not buy it.
Actually I kinda feel what he's saying.
I want the complete roster and in order to achieve that I either have to buy the dlc or eat ****

(In other words, dlc characters existing puts a paywall requirement on having the complete roster.)

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Believe me I don’t like Splatoon anymore than you do but they’re gonna add more content inevitably.
I think it's less not wanting to hear about any content, but that it sometimes feels like it takes over everything else, and if you're a fan of other online games--eh. Was hoping for something Mario Kart to convince me to buy their online service... and no, right out of the bat, new Splatoon update. "Didn't one Direct have an update, another a whole DLC expansion, and now yet another update?!"

I understand why--it's their business model, which works. Just wish other first party games caught on, as nothing interested me personally in the Fall Nintendo Direct. It's a general feeling, maybe not the majority but a large minority, that gets annoyed at Splatoon content. I remember watching reactions of the Spring Direct, "WTF? More Splatoon?!" but then were happy it was Smash. It's a you either love it or hate it game. For me, it looks cool, I like the concept, but the gameplay doesn't work for me and not worth risking the $60 plus $20 expansion.

For me, Octolings are okay in Smash tho--as echoes. But Shadow and Dixie first. :upsidedown:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
If not, we will get a direct on october 25,26 and if not we will get one on november 1,2 and if not on the 8,9...

Good lord guys, stop it pls.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Checked out that /v/ Master Chief audio "leak" from last night, and all I gotta say is good effort, ripping the main theme and adding one, singular gun sound and calling that his mini clip :4pacman:. It did make me think about Chief in Smash more, and I found a pretty cool video of how he could work.
Of course, we'll probably need to get Steve and Banjo out of the way, and a lot of moves are "recycled", but I think he'd be an insane and fun inclusion nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Octolings are an awesome choice for semi-clone IMO. Splatoon 2 is jam-packed with content perfect for Smash and I personally would love to see more. Inklings are very Splatoon 1 themed, so having Octolings as a semi-clone gives Sakurai a better opportunity to show off all the ideas and content the series can offer. Dualies, Chargers, Squeezers, and more could be pulled from to make Octolings really stand out.

Plus, they're really heckin' cute:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If not, we will get a direct on october 25,26 and if not we will get one on november 1,2 and if not on the 8,9...

Good lord guys, stop it pls.
It's hard though since we didn't get anything in early October. It's getting closer to Let's Go's release and any much longer Smash content will bury Let's Go content. I initially thought a Pokemon Direct mainly focused on Let's Go, with Incineroar for Smash made sense--however, I was convinced that news would bury Let's Go. Possibly--I think Pokemon, however lukewarm, can hold it's own. I was thinking maybe after Let's Go announcement, but by then the whole roster would probably be leaked. So--it's less impatience, and more trying to figure out a logical timeframe (tho, have to be honest, it's also impatience). Late October seems to be the best bet, as of right now.

EDIT:
Octolings are an awesome choice for semi-clone IMO. Splatoon 2 is jam-packed with content perfect for Smash and I personally would love to see more. Inklings are very Splatoon 1 themed, so having Octolings as a semi-clone gives Sakurai a better opportunity to show off all the ideas and content the series can offer. Dualies, Chargers, Squeezers, and more could be pulled from to make Octolings really stand out.

Plus, they're really heckin' cute:

If you thought people were upset at Isabelle being a semi-clone, oh boy.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
More Splatoon content is fine. Hoping we get an Octo Expansion or Salmon Run (pls) stage for DLC. Or at least get Salmonids as Spirits Mode enemies, assuming its like Adventure Mode. Octoling echoes seem v likely and Inklings have massive costume potential. So yeah, more Splatoon content is definitely on its way, in one sense or another.

Plus, if there's going to be a Smash Ultimate equivalent to the codecs and Palutena's Guidance, I reckon it will be Splatoon-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom