• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
Nintendo of Japan already tweeted something.
And it's not about Smash.
This could mean nothing, and we could always wait for NoA's first tweet. However, I think that would probably be blind hope.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
This could mean nothing, and we could always wait for NoA's first tweet. However, I think that would probably be blind hope.
Google translate says it's about Mario Tennis.

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
this is about mario tennis aces

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Gotta make it clear for people here y'know. Because I'm not ready for a "Copyright theory" when we're not over the box one.:nifty:
Most people are not over the box one--I am. :upsidedown: Until it's demonstrated otherwise. There's no evidence to suggest the SE character is DLC except to make it fit with the silly box.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Somehow, I think we got the raw end of the deal.
Not exactly sure how I should interpret the Tweet--is this saying Tiny, Lanky, and Chunky are still owned by Rare or Nintendo? What's meant by swapped?

EDIT: I think I understand it. Pre-buyout: Rare had the 3 Kongs, Nintendo had B&K. Post-buyout: Rare had B&K, Nintendo had the 3 Kongs.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Most people are not over the box one--I am. :upsidedown: Until it's demonstrated otherwise. There's no evidence to suggest the SE character is DLC except to make it fit with the silly box
By Vergeben's own claim there a "very realistic scenario" where the Square-Enix Characters might be DLC.

He doesn't know if it's base game or DLC. But he double down on it's existence and the fact that he claim that there a realistic chance for it to be DLC is enough to speculate.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
By Vergeben's own claim there a "very realistic scenario" where the Square-Enix Characters might be DLC.

He doesn't know if it's base game or DLC. But he double down on it's existence and the fact that he claim that there a realistic chance for it to be DLC is enough to speculate.
His claim is essentially to allow for the possibility, since he can't say *for sure*. It's a possible scenario, but there's nothing to indicate that's the case, outside of those who want to cling to the box. As I've said, I could be wrong--I see no good reason to believe it as of now. People are free to speculate, though.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

He's just making backup precautions in case the box theory is true (I doubt it is).

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Most people are not over the box one--I am. :upsidedown: Until it's demonstrated otherwise. There's no evidence to suggest the SE character is DLC except to make it fit with the silly box.

Not exactly sure how I should interpret the Tweet--is this saying Tiny, Lanky, and Chunky are still owned by Rare or Nintendo? What's meant by swapped?

EDIT: I think I understand it. Pre-buyout: Rare had the 3 Kongs, Nintendo had B&K. Post-buyout: Rare had B&K, Nintendo had the 3 Kongs.
What Nekoo said, and using one "rumor" / "leak" to disprove another is faulty. We don't know there's a SE rep in the game so there's no reason to discredit the box in that alone.

Personally I think Vergeben and the box can coexist with what Nekko said but just pointing that out.

EDIT: Basically even though it's very likely Vergeben is right, I wish people didn't use his rumors to "prove" anything because they are just rumors. Rumors that he isn't even 100% positive on and backpedals or is willing to change at any moment to fit the scenario (him claiming SE could be DLC is just him trying to make what he's heard fit with the box...)

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What Nekoo said, and using one "rumor" / "leak" to disprove another is faulty. We don't know there's a SE rep in the game so there's no reason to discredit the box in that alone.

Personally I think Vergeben and the box can coexist with what Nekko said but just pointing that out.
Except most people latch onto Box Theory because it fits Verge's rumors... except for the SE character. It's that last part that makes me doubtful of Box Theory. Verge has been correct, and even if the SE character is DLC, he still would be--but we wouldn't be talking about the SE character being DLC except for the Box. In terms of rumors, Verge has high credibility, while the box has no credibility, outside of being one of the few fan theories that have yet to be ruled out.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Except most people latch onto Box Theory because it fits Verge's rumors... except for the SE character. It's that last part that makes me doubtful of Box Theory. Verge has been correct, and even if the SE character is DLC, he still would be--but we wouldn't be talking about the SE character being DLC except for the Box. In terms of rumors, Verge has high credibility, while the box has no credibility, outside of being one of the few fan theories that have yet to be ruled out.
You're absolutely right that many people latched onto it because of that, but that doesn't mean you can use Vergeben to disprove it. And as I said Vergeben has tried to fit what he's heard around the box so if we are going to base whatever we believe in Vergeben on the box than that should be accounted for.

Personally I think the box is likely not because of Vergeben, but because we are less than two months away. I think it's very likely we will get a final direct soon. That's why I was wishing for a single trailer reveal this week, to break box theory lol.

Also - from how I see it either box is 100% right or Vergeben is and that's only a difference of one character. With less than two months of reveals left and Sakurai saying reveals would slow down, I don't see us getting more than 3 anyway. Meh.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I dunno why K.Rool is the one that matters here but it means Sakurai not adding Diddy in Melee is likely because of this
K.Rool matters in every situation.

Also, I'm not sure if Melee is the proof of anything, we didn't get characters like Wario or King Dedede neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom