• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
If Croc's cannonball can pierce through Ridley's fireballs and if his Up-B has a damaging hitbox somewhere (maybe the top?), then croc wins. Be wary of his tricks with that mighty gun and cannonball.

I don't have interest for those two, but I'd like to assume it depends on if some projectiles can pierce and how decent their recovery is, but Simon's range seems potent, so him.

I don't really know much about those two, so I cannot rate it.

As for what's gonna be around this week of info on the blog or w/e, I'm honestly kinda sad with the lack of KI being shown except the three characters and new item (which didn't get its blog thing but we've seen it). I'm so craving a KI remix. The new info from Luigi though just makes me more curious what else is coming, but should something Kid Icarus related show up, I'd like to be notified.
Well, Ridley's up-B CAN DO THIS! Can't top that, right? Well, I can't wait to see some kamikaze fails online, and get a good laugh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For Mega vs Snake I'm gonna go Mega.

Both are heavies. But if they start knocking each other off the stage, Megaman has slightly more (and better) recovery mixups.
A well placed hard Knuckle could tear through Snake's cypher.
Can we all just take a moment and appreciate Brawl for having a top tier heavy **** because of Snake?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Eeyyy I see you Opossum Opossum with that like for Muddy Mole.

Thanks for introducing me to that game by the way. It's truly a lost gem.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm actually pretty curious on how Mega Man would fair against Snake. Now if the people who played the demo weren't cowards and actually used those 2 more than once in a blue moon. We'd have an idea.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Out of curiosity, which characters would you like to see getting BLACKED ASSISTED?
That was seriously insulting to me. You're allowed to post whatever you want, but take others into consideration before you do.

To answer your question: Mallow (if Geno does get in), another FE character besides Lyn, Creeper, and Dark Matter

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
For the guys that saw my message some days ago about my uncle in the Hospital.
He passe away today.

( I know it is not Smash related, im realy sorry )
I'm sorry for your loss my friend, and my condolences to you and your family. May your uncle rest in peace.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Out of curiosity, which characters would you like to see getting BLACKED ASSISTED?
This post was so cringy I'm considering blocking you because of it.

Anywho, I think Chrom might actually be a worse Roy.

D

Deleted member

Wow, didn’t know you were a fan of Vox Day and DishourneredWolf.

But to answer your question, I’d like to see assists trophies of Celica, Hammer Bros, Boos, and Tapu Koko.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That use of a term with an unfortunate double-meaning towards a certain group of people gets a yikes from me, chief.

That being said, if Tifa isn't playable, I think being an AT is the second best option. Apart from her, I'd like to see Rambi as one.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Okay, I'm currently 20 pages behind on this thread, but why are people calling Steve "Steve?" Why the question mark?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay, I'm currently 20 pages behind on this thread, but why are people calling Steve "Steve?" Why the question mark?
That's what it was on official merch for a bit. Supposedly, back in the wee days of Minecraft, Notch was asked what the character's name was and he hesitated and said "Uhhhhh, Steve?" or something of the sort and it stuck.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
I believe that's how Notch, the creator of Minecraft--
That's what it was on official merch for a bit. Supposedly, back in the wee days of Minecraft, Notch was asked what the character's name was and he hesitated and said "Uhhhhh, Steve?" or something of the sort and it stuck.
Ah, dangit.

Out of curiosity, which characters would you like to see getting ASSISTED?
Patricia Wagon (If Shantae is in), a Pokémon Professor besides Kukui at this point, Don-chan, any Minecraft character, Silver the Hedgehog, and Sans.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I like to imagine that his name is "Steve ? Uhhhhhh..."
So his initials would be S?U
My username is probably the most mundane one I could have come up with.
It's just my initials.
Killer Masochist Digs Pineapples.
Is that it?

link2702

Smash Champion
You know this is kinda interesting, though maybe a bit depressing to think about; we’re all here theorizing and discussing what we’re wanting for ultimate, despite each of us likely parting ways entirely after it releases. Some here are on the more casual side of smash, who’d never ever think of going to a tournament, or even getting on for glory, others are far more towards the competitive side, going to their states local tournaments almost every month, hoping to eventually save enough money, and get enough recognition to travel to a larger scale tournament, and likely never touching online or not even remotely trying when they do. Others still are kinda in between, preferring online and maybe rarely if ever going to a real tournament, but still wanting to prove their skill on things like anthers ladder.

Parts of the smash community that rarely ever interact(and when they do it tends to be with some hostility to each other, with people from any side starting the arguments), yet for this short period, the speculation period before a new games release, everyone flocks to a thread like this, being “mostly” friendly/respectful to each other and only really discussing things such as which character they’re most excited to play as, or when the next direct is, or who the unrevealed characters are.

It’s a shame to think that once ultimate releases, just like in the past, many folks are just gonna go back to their old ways, attacking the other sides for “playing the games wrong” “relying on randomness to win” , “being WiFi Warriors and nothing else” etc. Some might stay here on Smashboards, others might abandon it altogether going back to ign, gamefaqs, reddit, w/e....

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Fave Pokemon from each Gen and what they'd do as a Pokeball:

Gen 1: Magnemite - would cast Electric Terrain, doubling speed on the ground.
Gen 2: Heracross - flies across the screen like Super Sonic but slower, using Megahorn on whoever it hits.
Gen 3: Sableye - Mega-Evolves and uses Knock Off, damaging you and forcing you to lose your item if you have one
Gen 4: Tangrowth - uses Wring Out which deals more damage the closer to 0% you are.
Gen 5: Landorus - comes out Landorus-I, transforms into Lando-T, proceeds to wreck **** like only Lando can.
Gen 6: Hawlucha - uses Flying Press Snorlax-style but with a smaller hitbox, falling faster multiple times.
Gen 7: Palossand - uses Sand Tomb, burying and damaging opponents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom