• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So, here's a question.

Let's discuss how we think these future matchups will go.

:ultridley: vs :ultkrool:

:ultinkling: vs :ultsimon:

:ultisabelle: vs :ultchrom:

Just to start.

If Croc's cannonball can pierce through Ridley's fireballs and if his Up-B has a damaging hitbox somewhere (maybe the top?), then croc wins. Be wary of his tricks with that mighty gun and cannonball.

I don't have interest for those two, but I'd like to assume it depends on if some projectiles can pierce and how decent their recovery is, but Simon's range seems potent, so him.

I don't really know much about those two, so I cannot rate it.

As for what's gonna be around this week of info on the blog or w/e, I'm honestly kinda sad with the lack of KI being shown except the three characters and new item (which didn't get its blog thing but we've seen it). I'm so craving a KI remix. The new info from Luigi though just makes me more curious what else is coming, but should something Kid Icarus related show up, I'd like to be notified.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, here's a question.

Just to start.
K.Rool has some tricky projectiles Riddles might struggle getting around, but Ridley seems to have a powerful juggle game so it balances out. I'd say they'd probably be pretty even, but probably a little in Riddley's favor since I don't expect K.Rool to be able to go full-on zoner.

Simon has the range advantage as he does in most matchups, but Inkling has a few ranged options of their own to get around that with. I don't think she'll beat him in a ranged war though so it'll depend on how good her rushdown is. I don't think it'll be too heavily skewed in either characters favor in this case either though.

Sadly we don't know anything about how Isabelle is going to play, so I'm going to go with sword bias and say Chrom.

D

Deleted member

So who would legitimately win these match ups?
:ultcloud:vs:ultlink:

:ultmewtwo:vs:ultsamus:

:ultmegaman:vs:ultsnake:

:ultpalutena:vs:ultshulk:
EDIT: I meant these matchups as serious ones. No ****post replies

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So, here's a question.

Just to start.
First option for all three matchups.

Ridley seems faster (running speed and most of his attacks) and lighter than K. Rool. He also has a lot more range, so I can see him being an annoying matchup for other large characters who can't match that range. Also, K. Rool's specials don't look very effective.

Simon has some incredible range, but the startup can make his attacks easier to dodge. Specials look decent, but his vertical recovery is pretty bad. Overall, I feel like Inkling is a more versatile and reliable character.

A little unfair since I have Villager to go off of, but this didn't feel like a fair fight at all. Villager easily trumps Roy, and I don't see Isabelle and Chrom deviating too much from that matchup. Isabelle wins this one.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
So who would legitimately win these match ups?
:ultcloud:vs:ultlink:

:ultmewtwo:vs:ultsamus:

:ultmegaman:vs:ultsnake:

:ultpalutena:vs:ultshulk:
Link.
Mewtwo.
Snake.
Palutena.

Link wins because he's S tier in the Boy Band Hair Metagame.
Mewtwo wins because he had even fewer parents than Samus did.
Snake wins because he's used to killing robots that look like people.
Palutena wins because only the best things in life are green.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If he was, he'd be gushing about Batman and Shantae non-stop, not Shrek. :V
Shrek and Shantae are basically the same character anyway.

I explained the backstory behind my username, then everyone joined in.
My late dog's name was toast and I had good grades when I came up with the name about a decade ago.

*shrug* I can't change it now.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mario Odyssey is better than Sonic Forces.
We know who the winner here is.
Okay, that's not fair. You're comparing one of the most lauded-with-praise titles of all time with some Mario game.

It's not even the best Odyssey released in the last year.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Competitively, Link can outrange Cloud's buster sword with projectiles. But Cloud still probably wins because Cloud is broken.

Mewtwo can use confusion to win projectile wars and can combo Sammy easily in close range. Easily Mewtwo.

Not really sure about Mega Man vs Snake or Palutena vs Shulk.
A little unfair since I have Villager to go off of, but this didn't feel like a fair contest at all. Villager easily trumps Roy, and I don't see Isabelle and Chrom deviating too much from that matchup. Isabelle wins this one.
I mean, we haven't seen the slingshot from Isabelle at all, and we can be certain that the horizontal Lloid Rocket and Tree are gone. Those are Villager's main tools, so we can expect Isabelle to actually play very differently.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ganondorf (sorry Bowser)
Let me guess because holy weapons? Guess that also means Ganondorf can beat Galactus, Asura, Thanos, Goku and such then by that logic since they lack holy weapons.

Edit: Nevermind it seems you're basing this off favorites.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Er... I meant my matchups to not be bound by Smash rules, so canon fights as I guess you would call them lol.

Graizen

Smash Champion
For the guys that saw my message some days ago about my uncle in the Hospital.
He passe away today.

( I know it is not Smash related, im realy sorry )

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Let me guess because holy weapons? Guess that also means Ganondorf can beat Galactus, Asura, Thanos, Goku and such then by that logic since they lack holy weapons.
Wait, I just realized. Ganondorf only really be defeated by holy weapons/powers, at least according to the franchise. Going by that logic, few characters could actually best him. :ultlink::ultzelda::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultpit::ultsimon::ultrichter: and I guess :ultpalutena: would count. Would FE characters like :ultike: count though? I think so...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wait, I just realized. Ganondorf only really be defeated by holy weapons/powers, at least according to the franchise. Going by that logic, few characters could actually best him. :ultlink::ultzelda::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultpit::ultsimon::ultrichter: and I guess :ultpalutena: would count. Would FE characters like :ultike: count though? I think so...
So Ganondorf vs. Galactus when?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
For the guys that saw my message some days ago about my uncle in the Hospital.
He passe away today.

( I know it is not Smash related, im realy sorry )
No, you're fine...
My condolences go out to you and your family...

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Let me do some as well!

:ultbowser:vs.:ultganondorf:
:ultgreninja:vs.:ultsheik:
:ultlink:vs.:ultpit:
:ultmario:vs.:ultsonic:
:ultpalutena:vs.:ultrosalina:
-I favor Bowser as one of my childhood favorites.
-I don't really Ninja, so idc bout em.
-I generally favor Pit and have some bias against Link... sometimes. Even then without much bias, at least Pit can talk. Plus he's handsome in his own right.
-I don't really get into the MvS wars, a bullet that I'll dodge every time, but if I absolutely had to pick one, let's just say I was generally born with a Nintendo childhood, though that's not to say I didn't have some Sonic in my childhood either.
-I favor Palu, even though I don't like her as much as I used to, but it beats the other option, unless ppl want to pull out the tier thoughts and whatever.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For Mega vs Snake I'm gonna go Mega.

Both are heavies. But if they start knocking each other off the stage, Megaman has slightly more (and better) recovery mixups.
A well placed hard Knuckle could tear through Snake's cypher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom