• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

His sword is too big. Have you seen the Brawl mods? He literally stabs people across the stage
This wouldn't be an issue if they at all balanced him. One of the Sephiroth mods makes him grab with his sword which has average frame data for a grab, and out of it, he has an infinite chain grab out of down throw.

D

Deleted member

The only problem that i may have with the FE reps in Smash may be the fact that the Smash roster is better than the one in FE Warriors.

That game should have used the FE characters in Smash at worst.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Anyone else push a character who's not actually their most wanted? Elma is ONE of my most wanted but out of them shes by far the most likely for base game (Rex is gonna be dlc, Midna is an AT, and Skull Kid was kinda a bandwagon)
Hmm... as far as support goes among characters who aren't among my most wanted, I do support a lot, if only because I'd love to see their fans be happy. So I'd prefer that characters who can make the most people happy make it in. If I had to choose though, I'd choose these ones:

Elma
Doomguy
Isaac
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
SMT Rep
Persona Rep
DQ Rep
Sora
Paper Mario
Skull Kid
Tails
Shadow
Shantae
Rhythm Heaven Rep

My main wants being Crono, KOS-MOS, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Dixie Kong and Geno. As I said though, I'd really just like to see fans of some of the above characters (or even ones I didn't mention, as every character has their fans) be happy, as I know a lot of these guys have been long-standing requests, and that in and of itself would be amazing to see.

D

Deleted member

Ummm, uhhhh, I don't know if this is considered to be "out there" or anything, but I voted for Chrom on the poll.
Chrom is probably my second favorite behind Simon and Friends. Woomy, Isabelle and Ridley seem pretty neat too, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to like K. Rool. I'm not a fan of heavies usually, but we'll see how it turns out when I actually get a chance to play him.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I didn't like the roster of FE Warriors at all.

If i was the one designing it, i would make every main lord of the franchise playable in the worst case scenario.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I voted for Chrom too. He's my only King, and he look sick to play. A Roy with a true sword?
**** me ofc I'll play him.

Also that Red and black alt look absolutely wonderful tbvh-.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I would vote for everyone if i could.
Same here, they all look interesting in their own different ways. The vote is kind of like having to decide between your favorite child in a way, or at least that's how I see it. :laugh:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I voted for Chrom too. He's my only King, and he look sick to play. A Roy with a true sword?
**** me ofc I'll play him.

Also that Red and black alt look absolutely wonderful tbvh-.
Okay, cool. Now I know I don't have to be alone on this boat. XD

Same here, they all look interesting in their own different ways. The vote is kind of like having to decide between your favorite child in a way, or at least that's how I see it. :laugh:
Yeahhh, I wish I could vote for Inklings as well.

D

Deleted member

Only because we're choosing between the newcomers. If the cut veterans were in there, Snake all the way.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Eh, I had to vote for the croc in the poll. Honestly he's the only one I like, and partially because he actually has been part of my childhood, as one who has played the DKC trilogy of old on the SNES.
:ultkrool:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I voted for my girl Dark Samus.

While a part of me wished she was say, a semi-clone like Isabelle. When looking the odds against her (Metroid being pretty dormant for the past years, the Prime Trilogy being over since a long time, Ridley being the no.1 candidat for a Metroid rep, etc...), and how she ended up in Ultimate, I feel like I still got most of what I wanted from her, for now atleast, we see in gameplay when the game come out.

D

Deleted member

Ever since Megaman joined in 4, Smash introduced me to many franchises that i would end up loving (like Metroid, Donkey Kong Country or even F-Zero).

I am interested on reps that i don't want, or even don't know about for one reason alone: know more franchises and see if they interest me.

And in some cases, like with Bandana Dee, there is always the chance that Smash could make me appreciate some characters more.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool was my most exciting inclusion in Smash since Brawl and I love Isabelle but I chose Simon, I wanna try his whip and proyectiles and looks so badass. K. Rool seems pretty well represented but his moveset don't tell me anything, and about Isabelle, I never get used to Villager moves so... It's about gameplay and probably Simon will be one of my mains.
I love Diddy and DK too but they are not in my most played characters club.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
What would you do if your most wanted of all time got in but you did not like their playstyle at all, and couldn’t get used to it at all?

D

Deleted member

What would you do if your most wanted of all time got in but you did not like their playstyle at all, and couldn’t get used to it at all?
Adapt or drop them, I guess. I wasn't a fan of how Greninja played until I started messing around with him recently. I'm willing to put in the effort to play a character just because I like them, even if they're garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I voted K Rool! Unquestionably the most exciting addition for me. Really though I can't wait to try them all, though the ones I'm least excited for are Daisy and Chrom.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
It would be okay I guess. At least Rhythm Heaven would have gotten representation. And probably an amazing stage too. Assist Trophies? Maybe. It would be amazing to see my favourite Nintendo series in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I main Varia Samus.

And Crash isn't easy to ruin in regards to moveset.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I'm hype for all of em, but :ultkrool:all the way, he packs a lot of oomph in his hits! Still though, :ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultrichter::ultridley:<3

Also, just wondering, I plan to download the game digitally! Like, as soon as I can, I'll be ready 11:59pm on Dec 6th... I don't really care about boxart and I'm not worried about data space or whatever. The only other con I imagine is the servers being too busy for a while... But hopefully Nintendo expects this and makes adjustments? Maybe they even let you pre-download, but probably not cause datamining, I guess? I dunno! I'm not sure how this stuff works really. But anyway, yall think digital midnight download is a good idea orrr...?

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Try and adapt to it as much as possible. I mean, I can't imagine Quote being pretty janky in his moveset as I'd think Sakurai would stay true to the game and make him as much as he can get him to his original game (like what he did with Mega Man, Belmonts, etc.)

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Try to make the Characters fit my playstyle a way or another. That's what is wonderful with smash. Except some rare case, all Characters have multiple gameplan, more or less optimal than some, but it is possible.

Like Campy Sonic or Aggro Sonic, mix of both
Campy Cloud Pressure Cloud or Defensive Cloud

Etc etc etc...

In the end, the Characters have a tool kit and basic playstyle but the player is the one bending it at his will. That's why a lot of top player can play the same Characters but differently.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'm hype for all of em, but :ultkrool:all the way, he packs a lot of oomph in his hits! Still though, :ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultrichter::ultridley:<3

Also, just wondering, I plan to download the game digitally! Like, as soon as I can, I'll be ready 11:59pm on Dec 6th... I don't really care about boxart and I'm not worried about data space or whatever. The only other con I imagine is the servers being too busy for a while... But hopefully Nintendo expects this and makes adjustments? Maybe they even let you pre-download, but probably not cause datamining, I guess? I dunno! I'm not sure how this stuff works really. But anyway, yall think digital midnight download is a good idea orrr...?
I would be shocked if they don't allow preloading the game this time.

Basically rather than wait at 11:59 pm on Dec 6th to begin the download, you can just download the game any time before launch, but it won't be playable until Dec 7th. This will probably reduce server load by a decent chunk.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I was torn between :ultkrool: and :ultsimon:. Both were in my top 5 most wanted newcomers, and both look like they're going to be awesome to play as.

I ended up siding with :ultkrool:, since my history with DKC goes back way farther than my history with Castlevania. Plus, K. Rool was hands down my most wanted 1st party character, whereas Simon was part of a group of highly wanted 3rd party characters.

Also, as for the debate between :ultsimon: and :ultrichter:, my I'm 100% on team :ultsimon:. He's the original, and Castlevania 4 is my favorite in the series. And while Simon did borrow some moves from Richter, let's not forget that Simon was the only Belmont to ever learn to whip in 8 directions. So it's fair to say they both borrow moves from each other.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Interesting question. On the off chance that Crono got in and he played extremely gimmicky, I'd honestly still use him even if I didn't make him a main, just because I've been waiting for him for so long. Any acknowledgement of Chrono Trigger in Smash would be like a dream come true for me though.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Keep trying and adapt to the style I suppose. I already had to endure what Palu had become (I thought she'd be a defensive heavyweight, not a subpar grabby speeder with only a few good moves and many laggy moves), who was my number one want back in the s4 days, so I'd be prepared to what Phosphora, MonHun, or Medusa will become if either make it in, and hope to add my little creative spin on playstyle too to hopefully set me apart from the others.

Last edited:

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
It has to be Ridley! I've been wanting him since Brawl, so the reveal trailer blew my mind.

That said, second choice is K Rool, based largely on his theme song. I haven't played a DK game since DKC on the GBC forever ago, but that Gangplank Galleon remix is a hell of a tune.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Change of pace: favorite songs in Smash Bros? Off the top of my head the Melee version of Brinstar Depths and Tetris Type A are first to come to mind (I don't know what we did to deserve the awesome remix for the latter)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Happened to me with :ultlittlemac:
I mean, I still love the character.
But I find him fundamentally flawed.
In a game like smash, you are either a bad air-fighter, or you have bad recovery. But both is a recipee for disaster.

If they really wanted to balance the whole Good ground game vs bad air game, he should have great grabs and actual killthrows.

The result is, I'm burnt from having to constantly be one mindgame away from being KO'd. I've dropped him down to possible 5-6th most used for Ultimate, if I still struggle with his issues.

So. Bad moveset will reduce a "set for life" down to "set for one Smash cycle".

SonicMario

Smash Master
There's not really a particular individual newcomer I'm particularly craving to use given I just have so many other characters carrying over from Smash 4 that I'll likely continue to use (And Sonic will always be #1 barring Tails ever getting in). Though I think Inkling and Simon might interest me the most to see how they play. Ridley and K. Rool will be fun to try out too though I've never used heavies much. The heaviest character I used commonly in Smash 4 was Bowser Jr.

I have no plans currently to add any of the echoes to potential mains. But I will say Chrom and Dark Samus are probably by far the best Echo ideas. And may use them more then their base characters. Especially Chrom over Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom