• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't mind Pokemon skipping out on a rep in the base roster
Me too, but Nintendo might. Pokemon mostly played by younger audience aka people that probably less likely to purchase post-release content.

NineS

Smash Lord
Do you actually have an Emil head?! How long did it take you to make that thing?
My bad. That's not me in the picture.
I do not have a real-life Emil head... Maybe one day. Still learning the layout of his.
The image was taken from this video:
All I did was use my bad photoshopping to put Sakurai's face over the girl's on the paper.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
In that timeline, is Electric de Chocobo also in, bringing our 2 Final Fantasy songs up to 3?
Actually FFVII no. Final Fantasy itself get the Castlevania treatment with two newcomers, assist and 32 remix track from the whole serie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think it is when we have yet another FE character come in.
I might be okay with it depending on the character, but fandom would have a stroke.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean Chrom? That's silly.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they would even make a Beware the Forest's Mushrooms remix without an actual Forest Maze stage, but I guess they need some kind of "theme" for Geno in Smash. If they needed a fast-paced hype song to play in Geno's trailer, I'd expect either a faster battle-remix of Beware the Forest's Mushrooms, or Fight Against an Armed Boss.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The ASCII says:
)0301(90815131514141108030104110
Or something like:
ANACHANNOMORI(1030)
if you reverse it and do the number > letter thing.
Oh.
OH.
Ain't that Forest's Maze Japanese name?

Probably, but I've never believed that Pokemon "needed" a new character based on the most relevant generation. it makes sense from a business view for GameFreak and the Pokemon Company but I think a Pokemon should feel timeless rather than "there at the right time".

Will Incineroar, Decidueye, or Lycanroc feel timeless? Well we don't know that, but I feel like none of them had the same push that Greninja had from the get go either. They tend to select which ones will transcend time.
Any Pokemon who gets into Smash will be a big thing. Greninja was surely the most popular starter by a landslide in XY but that's more because Chesnaught and Delphox were unpopular. SM have a much more balanced popularity with their starters, so none of them would be able to be as big as Greninja.
But you can bet your ass Incineroar will jump in popularity considering mother****ing Roy is in the Top 4 most popular FE characters.

D

Deleted member

Actually FFVII no. Final Fantasy itself get the Castlevania treatment with two newcomers, assist and 32 remix track from the whole serie.
*Cloud is fighting Sephiroth and is on the ground*
*Sephiroth throws a meteor that keeps getting closer until a sword swats it aside*

BEGONE! YOU DON’T BELONG IN THIS WORLD, MONSTER!

Zack Crosses Over!

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
*Cloud is fighting Sephiroth and is on the ground*
*Sephiroth throws a meteor that keeps getting closer until a sword swats it aside*

BEGONE! YOU DON’T BELONG IN THIS WORLD, MONSTER!

Zack Crosses Over!
What is a SOLDIER? -breaks a Phoenix Down- A miserable little pile of Jenova cells. But enough talk, have at you!

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
Really?
I was sure he really just typed something weird in his pocket.
Well ok. I'm glad I screencapped his tweet then.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
You guys really can’t be taking Crunchii seriously.
It's definitely something to keep are eyes on, but to trust him.... Yeah not yet.

Man why did he have to hint at music for my two most wanted newcomers! It hurts.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So which Xenoblade character could work as an highly-requested echo fighter addition? Because those are the only reasons why we got Chrom to begin with.
I might be okay with it depending on the character, but fandom would have a stroke.

EDIT: Wait, do you mean Chrom? That's silly.
Regardless of the situation that was a character that took development time to make.

Reused assets or not, Chorm is someone who needed to be modeled, rigged, and balanced.

Also push come to shove like with :ultbayonetta: &:ultcloud: it is possible to take assets from preexisting things and make something new.

That's the great thing about working with models and 3D work in general. You don't have to start over 'From Scratch" all the time. In a lot of cases not all mind you but a lot of the time, you just need to do something once. That one thing can be alternated in anyway you wish from then on out. Don't fall for PR speak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What is a SOLDIER? -breaks a Phoenix Down- A miserable little pile of Jenova cells. But enough talk, have at you!
Vincent Valentine will lend his gun in battle. He’s very similar to his starring role in Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII.

:4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Can you look at the earlier hours of this day on this thread and honestly say the alternative is better?
What's the alternative?
I lurked here since brawl, joined during sm4sh. Idk I just thought people would learn by this point.
"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and you're going to get your head ripped off"

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's definitely something to keep are eyes on, but to trust him.... Yeah not yet.

Man why did he have to hint at music for my two most wanted newcomers! It hurts.
You can take some solace that your characters are being hinted at, which means there's a chance...

... *stares blankly*

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last I'm going to say on this subject in particular, but you guys should REALLY keep that "press X to doubt" button handy for Crunchii. He's not a credible source of information and is absolutely an individual who will send people on wild goose chase that lead nowhere because he thinks it's funny. I know this from personal experience with the guy for more than a year.

Unless this week's music post ends up being Xenoblade 2, or he uploads something of note that isn't just the original track, you'll be much better off focusing your speculation goggles on something or someone else.

Alright, last I'll say on the subject of him until something substantial comes up, promise.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Regardless of the situation that was a character that took development time to make.

Reused assets or not, Chorm is someone who needed to be modeled, rigged, and balanced.

Also push come to shove like with :ultbayonetta: &:ultcloud: it is possible to take assets from preexisting things and make something new.

That's the great thing about working with models and 3D work in general. You don't have to start over 'From Scratch" all the time. In a lot of cases not all mind you but a lot of the time, you just need to do something once. That one thing can be alternated in anyway you wish from then on out. Don't fall for PR speak.
"balanced" Here is some interesting facts about echoes...

What's the alternative?

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and you're going to get your head ripped off"
Let's just say "Pyra" and "outfit" words were spoken.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well...

There was a heated argument about Fire Emblem apparently (one I missed), which was succeeded by a discussion about scanty clothing.
You're saying it like we can have arguments about Fire Emblem that's not heated.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Let’s all repeat the mantra, it’s only a video game. And if you think you’re gonna go into the video game and recapture your childhoods, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom