• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can't watch rn can a buddy get a transcript of what's important
A General Direct and a Smash Bros. Direct is slated for November, two Directs in one month.
He also known about these rumors for 4 weeks now before people like LeakyPandy and pundits broke the news just recently today.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They got Snake and Bayonetta in without bumping up the rating.
And if you really want to get down to it Metroid is pretty graphic in its own right. If it wasn't Nintendo it'd no doubt be Rated M. Even then its probably one of Nintendo's darkest franchises for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
currently peaking through sakurai's window, I see a notepad document open titled "nov7.txt" that contains the following:
  • Kencineroar
  • Remaining Stages
  • Remaining Items/Pokemon/Assist Trophies
  • Spirits Mode
  • Online Functions
  • End with a TestSmash Announcement
Odd.
It is quite odd to have more stages, with only a returning series and an echo as characters. :p

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I'd be fine with a final Smash direct taking place in November personally, and I'm pulling for it being earlier in the month rather than later. Would be best to be sometime around the 7th, as being within one month of launch would make for a fitting time; not too long of a wait, and also not too close to have to worry about major details leaking ahead of time.

Hoping for either the 6th or 8th myself, as Wednesdays are less convenient for me due to my work schedule.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
So you're going to put all your stocks in a "leaker" that has been beaten to the punch by Spawn Wave multiple times then?
Yikes.
Well i mean, predicting a direct in november doesnt require that much of " insider info" plenty people in here, including myself, have appointed how november was the most logical month, giving that exact time frame as the leaker. So predicting a direct the first 2 weeks of november is not really rocket science.

p.d: i do believe in that source, they've predicted all directs since June.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
currently peaking through sakurai's window, I see a notepad document open titled "nov7.txt" that contains the following:
  • Kencineroar
  • Remaining Stages
  • Remaining Items/Pokemon/Assist Trophies
  • Spirits Mode
  • Online Functions
  • End with a TestSmash Announcement
Odd.
Kencineroar is a single character who's a fusion of the two.

---

NineS

Smash Lord
Serious question because I genuinely have no idea, is Halloween a big holiday in Japan?
Halloween has grown in popularity fairly well over in Japan. It's well-known to my knowledge, and extremely popular in certain parts of Japan, but they do it a bit differently from us.

They don't do "trick or treating", they just do the dress-up bit. They dress-up like pro cosplayers.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Crap! 30+ pages? So I know that wonderful Geno Render got debunked, but anything else happen?

EDIT: Just saw the comparison.....WHAT!?
I mean they COULD have painted it but....WHAT!? That model is a crap comparison!
Still taking things with salt.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Bro why do people keep comparing 2 entirely un-alike Geno models like it's a "gotcha" today
I'd argue the background is far more important. Especially given the nature of the stage. The Background is a perfect match, including the part by the ear. Recreating that after the fact is like winning the lottery

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I honestly don’t think that the next direct is a general one. It’s honestly too soon for there to be a general direct. I’m more on the way to think of it as a special direct than anything

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Crap! 30+ pages? So I know that wonderful Geno Render got debunked, but anything else happen?
CoroCoro went back to stating 103 stages in their newest issue, and now somehow we have two Directs coming in November.

It's been... quite the roller coaster today...

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Oh the geno eye rool

This might be the end of it

So if it’s not this leak then what was the cloud leaker talking about

what? those arent even close, IF the top left geno pic can be proven to have existed online somewhere before the "sassy geno" was maybe we have a case of someone using it as a base to make sassy geno but those dont look similar at all to be honest.

Anyway, my guess as of now for all this direct prediction stuff:

11/3-11/4 Nintendo live event at the end, reveals a "Smash Direct" coming soon.
within a week or so of that we get a "Smash Direct" showing off essentially everything (incineroar/ken potentially more).
we then get a late November "Nintendo Direct" very close to the games release, which ends with a smash announcement, either for the final character or for the first DLC character or some final piece of hype right before release.

this way we sit with basically everything a month in advance but also get a final hype moment right before release.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't actually follow what this is supposed to prove
Look at the background. Take the background a blur it. That's what it'd look like

The fact that it's that identical debunks it to me.

Not to mention the image has too many similarities such as the ribbon and the nose matching almost completely

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The head shape and BG match up exactly to that mod screenshot. Looks like the Geno leak is heavy edited off that.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I honestly don’t think that the next direct is a general one. It’s honestly too soon for there to be a general direct. I’m more on the way to think of it as a special direct than anything
Ma dudes, we just had one in September slating all the 2018 games.

We ain’t getting another one this soon.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
CoroCoro went back to stating 103 stages in their newest issue, and now somehow we have two Directs coming in November.

It's been... quite the roller coaster today...
Ooh two Directs!? I did see the Corocoro bit.
So I am guess a General direct or Pokemon centered for PLGP and PLGE then the final smash direct?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Well I'd love to hear when this other leak came out
The Project M picture came out today, iirc. Not too sure. It's the first time I've seen it. But I already stated it. This is a traveling stage. Getting a 1:1 match of the background with a model in the same exact pose is incredibly unlikely.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Look at the background. Take the background a blur it. That's what it'd look like

The fact that it's that identical debunks it to me.

Not to mention the image has too many similarities such as the ribbon and the nose matching almost completely
Almost like you can replicate a leak's background when it has existed for a month and is quite honestly a very simply background

Also dude...like...that's...Geno's design??? Of course they'd be similar. Geno has a simple design.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
  1. :ultgnw:
  2. :ultvillager:
  3. :ultisabelle:
  4. :ultpacman:
  5. :ultduckhunt:
  6. :ulticeclimbers:
  7. :ultwiifittrainer:
  8. :ultrob:
  9. :ultmegaman:
  10. :ultluigi:
Umm... boy, is this heated?
Here let me ask you all a question:
Which Smash Ultimate reveal trailer has been your favorite so far?
I personally have a soft spot for the initial announcement trailer with the Inklings, as that is still the one that got me the most hyped.
Even though I'm not really hyped for :ultsimon:, I thought his trailer was the absolute best. The music, the cinematics, mmmmmmmmm

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Oh the geno eye rool

This might be the end of it

So if it’s not this leak then what was the cloud leaker talking about
I know everyone else is ****ing on you for this, but the fact that the poses line up so well is definitely interesting. I'm not saying this comparison proves/disproves it or anything, but I don't think it's too far off to assume that the one on the right could've been painted over and smoothed out in Photoshop or Illustrator and then blurred to more accurately represent Ultimate's art style. Like I can definitely see the left image being used as a base layer or model and then given more robust tweaks on top. I mean, if I were to make a fake leak, that's how I'd do it: start with an existing hack and then throw it in Photoshop to refine it. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ooh two Directs!? I did see the Corocoro bit.
So I am guess a General direct or Pokemon centered for PLGP and PLGE then the final smash direct?
The speculation is a Smash Direct (obviously) and a General Direct, as they have plenty of possible content to gear up towards the final portion of Q4. The order of which and content is unknown.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
1. :ultyoshi:
2. :ultrichter:
3. :ultshulk:
4. :ultmegaman:
5. :ultluigi:
6. :ulttoonlink:
7. :ultbayonetta:
8. :ultkingdedede:
9. :ultsonic:
10. :ultkrool:

Status
Not open for further replies.