• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I feel like :ultinkling:'s reactions would be very interesting to read.

:ultmario:woomy!
:ultdk:ge-wy!
:ultlink:he-by!
:ultsamus:squeek-week!
:ultyoshi:yebby!
:ultkirby:bwoo-by!
:ultfox:squi-wi-wi-dee!
:ultpikachu:I-bew-wew-squee-wew!

it's funny cuz you can't understand her.
Never fear, for I am fluent in inklish!

:ultmario: "This geezer's shooting water all over the place! Is he crazy!?"
:ultdk:"Nothing but a tie? Soooo not fresh..."
:ultlink:"This guy is totally fresh! I'll have to talk to Spyke about getting some of that gear..."
:ultsamus: "A new revision to the Power Armor gear? For eel? Also, I don't think I've ever seen that kind of Splatershot before..."
:ultyoshi: "Awww! He's almost as cute as Judd! I wonder if it'll take a picture with me?"
:ultkirby: "Sooooo cute! I'm totes gonna keep him!"
:ultfox: "I wanna ride in an Arwing! I bet you could mod it to shoot ink strike missiles..."
:ultpikachu: "Hey, we had a Splatfest about you!"

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The new fighters (so far) :ultyoshi:

:ultinkling: "Wait, when did Bloopers gain anthro bodies? I'm so out of the loop"
:ultdaisy: "Daisy's okay I guess..."
:ultridley: *shivers internally*
:ultsimon: "I can't tell if this guy is friendly or not..."
:ultrichter: "THIS guy however is friendly..."
:ultchrom: "ANOTHER ONE?!!! Is there a factory churning these things out?"
:ultdarksamus: "A yummy dark creature"
:ultkrool: "I like him despite being a bad guy, but he needs to take some dieting advice from yours truly"
:ultisabelle: "Such an adorable little pupper!!! Reminds me of Poochy!!!"
Here they are as viewed by Sonic.

:ultinkling:"A squid that's a kid? Looks kinda cool looking."
:ultdaisy:"Wouldn't wanna run on this princess' flowers, or maybe I do..."
:ultridley:"A cruel, violent fighter? Bring it on!"
:ultsimon:"I'll make this guy whip himself if he tries to whip me!"
:ultrichter:"I wonder if he is related to that Simon guy?"
:ultchrom:"You may be a king, but I am the king of speed!"
:ultdarksamus:"I see Samus has a dark counter part like I have Shadow. Huh."
:ultkrool:"Bring it on, fat guy! Give it your best shot!"
:ultisabelle:"I wonder what happens if I give this dog a bone?"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I take it back, we need that Direct immediately if we're falling back on roleplaying to pass the time. :072:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
OK, so i just caught wind with whatever Tansut talked about as of late
when i reread what he was talking about, i realized the leak being a image leak was his "assumption" only, not if it was image-based.

is there a way i can talk with Tansut? (because i don't use ResetERA and the last time i had to sign up at least during pre-ERA, it took a ****ing year.)

because i think I know what leak he's talking about.
Tansut made a couple of assumptions

1. It's an image leak
2. It's a leak we've already seen/know about

It's important to know he has no idea what the leak in question is.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
when i reread what he was talking about, i realized the leak being a image leak was his "assumption" only, not if it was image-based.

is there a way i can talk with Tansut? (because i don't use ResetERA and the last time i had to sign up at least during pre-ERA, it took a ****ing year.)

You could use someone trustworthy who has accounts on both sites as an intermediary. Probably higher chance of disclosure from Tansut if you speak to him yourself though.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Which one are you thinking?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
So with the black shadow leak being deconfirmed, is the geno head tilt one leading the way? Maybe the banner with Rayman too? Anyone have any other one's they feel could be real?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So with the black shadow leak being deconfirmed, is the geno head tilt one leading the way? Maybe the banner with Rayman too? Anyone have any other one's they feel could be real?
I personally don't think the image has been disclosed outside of insider circles.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Fair enough, but assuming it is in the public (which isn't a great assumption to make but whatever), which are you inclined to believe the most?
None, if I'm being personally honest. Every image leak I've seen doesn't strike me as having any sort of legitimacy.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
What banner with Rayman? I don't think im aware of that one.
I can't find it right now, but I saw it on gamefaqs and and on here a couple days ago. There is also the shantae banner one that looks decent but not as good good as the Rayman one imo. If I can find it I'll post it.

None, if I'm being personally honest. Every image leak I've seen doesn't strike me as having any sort of legitimacy.
So you're 100% confident they're all fake? There's gotta be a couple that you think have like a 1% chance of being real aha.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So did anyone guess Cloud for today? Or was anyone guessing Cloud for another day and just outed themselves as fake?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I can't find it right now, but I saw it on gamefaqs and and on here a couple days ago. There is also the shantae banner one that looks decent but not as good good as the Rayman one imo. If I can find it I'll post it.
Pretty sure the person who made that came clean on reddit

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, the Geno leak is the only one left standing at this point that I know of. So, it's possible that's the image being referred to when they say there is an image that has some people at Nintendo rustled. That said, as much as I want Geno, that image is still pretty far removed for me to believe he is definitely playable and that this is definitely a leak of him.

I think Nintendo is basically in a race against leakers at this point, one that they're halfway likely to lose if they sit around and refuse to air the direct. With the intention to reveal every character prior to launch, they seem to be trying to get ahead of leakers so that there isn't some big disappointment (With them at least, I never exactly got why people care so much about leaked characters of all things seeing as they're aren't really all the spoiler like, but that's me). Yet, with the game approaching gold and copies likely to start in circulation alongside review copies and the inevitable breaking of street date at some point, I'd imagine they only have a couple more weeks til things are seriously risky for them leak wise. ESRB seems to have been safely dealt with this time around, but who knows what the future holds. We're ripe for a direct any week now, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect one every week until we finally get one. We're basically a month and a half out, and we know they have Direct left. So it's just a question of how long do they want to drag out the inevitable and risk a leak busting their own bubble. I'm still kind of convinced they'll stall until November cause that's all they've got for hype is the last Direct, but still, I don't really see why that's the case when the game has practically sold itself to most people ALREADY.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Am I wrong that this time for speculation? I'm just finding it really hard to care. I feel like Isabelle was the last thing I cared about personally getting into the game and they did the big ones at the start.

So it's just like speculation for this go around is just.....there for me. It exists, but I'm just not in it like prior games.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Yeah, the Geno leak is the only one left standing at this point that I know of. So, it's possible that's the image being referred to when they say there is an image that has some people at Nintendo rustled. That said, as much as I want Geno, that image is still pretty far removed for me to believe he is definitely playable and that this is definitely a leak of him.

I think Nintendo is basically in a race against leakers at this point, one that they're halfway likely to lose if they sit around and refuse to air the direct. With the intention to reveal every character prior to launch, they seem to be trying to get ahead of leakers so that there isn't some big disappointment (With them at least, I never exactly got why people care so much about leaked characters of all things seeing as they're aren't really all the spoiler like, but that's me). Yet, with the game approaching gold and copies likely to start in circulation alongside review copies and the inevitable breaking of street date at some point, I'd imagine they only have a couple more weeks til things are seriously risky for them leak wise. ESRB seems to have been safely dealt with this time around, but who knows what the future holds. We're ripe for a direct any week now, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect one every week until we finally get one. We're basically a month and a half out, and we know they have Direct left. So it's just a question of how long do they want to drag out the inevitable and risk a leak busting their own bubble. I'm still kind of convinced they'll stall until November cause that's all they've got for hype is the last Direct, but still, I don't really see why that's the case when the game has practically sold itself to most people ALREADY.
What about the Ken one?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Am I wrong that this time for speculation? I'm just finding it really hard to care. I feel like Isabelle was the last thing I cared about personally getting into the game and they did the big ones at the start.

So it's just like speculation for this go around is just.....there for me. It exists, but I'm just not in it like prior games.
I've pretty much stopped investing in speculation with "I hope you don't expect many newcomers." back in E3

Now I just use Occam's razor and accept whichever's plausible while making the least assumptions.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Better change your user title then.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What about the Ken one?
Tansut said directly that he wouldn't have bothered if it was the Ken leak. This is all dependent on his word in the first place, and he doesn't have a ton of legitimacy from what I've seen. I'll gladly take his kind of disruption of the current boring speculation.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I've pretty much stopped investing in speculation with "I hope you don't expect many newcomers." back in E3

Now I just use Occam's razor and accept whichever's plausible while making the least assumptions.
In the Smash 4 days, I kept my expectations low due to Sakurai pretty much saying the same thing right after the initial reveal trailer. However, I was blown out of the water by the final roster. FOUR Fire Emblem characters? (people generally were accepting that we'd still have two and that Ike would be replaced) More than one Mario newcomer AND Dr Mario returning? And not to mention the DLC choices, which had THREE third-party characters.
If you keep expectations low, you generally won't end up dissapointed.

----

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Better change your user title then.
Lol. Yeah, that was back in August after like K. Rool, Chrom, Simon, Richter, and Dark Samus all got revealed at once.

Then it just kind of became clear that this speculation cycle was far too short to keep up that amount of hype.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In the Smash 4 days, I kept my expectations low due to Sakurai pretty much saying the same thing right after the initial reveal trailer. However, I was blown out of the water by the final roster. FOUR Fire Emblem characters? (people generally were accepting that we'd still have two and that Ike would be replaced) More than one Mario newcomer AND Dr Mario returning? And not to mention the DLC choices, which had THREE third-party characters.
If you keep expectations low, you generally won't end up dissapointed.

----
Yeah, but that wasn't following the "Everyone is Here."

With that, I just said "oh, so that's what they're using all the resources on."

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, people keep saying the game has gone gold. Are we basing this on anything other than a picture of a box posted on Twitter that might very well have been an empty display box?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but that wasn't following the "Everyone is Here."

With that, I just said "oh, so that's what they're using all the resources on."
Honestly, returning veterans interest me more than half of the base newcomers. And while DLC isn't guaranteed, last time showed they can bring cool fighters so I'm more interested in that, especially if they are less conservative than the newcomers before the release.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm sorry, people keep saying the game has gone gold. Are we basing this on anything other than a picture of a box posted on Twitter that might very well have been an empty display box?
I don't see what it matters either way. This would indeed be the timeframe in which the game would go gold, so if true all this really means is the very unlikely delay became even unlikelier. I guess people think the chances of leaking skyrocketed or something, but after the ESRB fiasco last time Nintendo probably lit that place on fire, and now it and its global equivalents are basically Fort Knox. 99.9% of the time the ESRB leaks nothing anyway.

If anything, the leaks will get likelier around the time the press gets the game pre-release. It's not at that point yet.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I honestly feel as if nothing will leak even when the press gets it.

I feel Sakurai will have revealed everything worthwhile before then.

And then I doubt the press is gonna be the source of any good leaks, it'd take a commoner getting the game to do that at that point.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah if we STILL don't know the final characters, stages, and single player mode by the time the press get their hands on review copies, by all means bring on the leaks because that would be ridiculous. If the game comes out Dec 7, then the press would get a copy, what? 2-3 weeks before that at the EARLIEST, and maybe as late as December 1. Surely we'll know everything worth knowing by then.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I honestly feel as if nothing will leak even when the press gets it.

I feel Sakurai will have revealed everything worthwhile before then.

And then I doubt the press is gonna be the source of any good leaks, it'd take a commoner getting the game to do that at that point.
No, the press probably won't leak it, but around the time the press gets the game is when the first mass shipments start, which is when it becomes likelier to somehow slip into hands not bound by NDAs and embargoes.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No, the press probably won't leak it
The press have a bad habit to leak Nintendo Games tho- especially the Pokemon games like XY and S/M so who knows.
But I don't think there going to be anything leakable for that Smash. I truly hope we will know everything before the reviews copy start flying around

D

Deleted member

If that were the case, then the Pokemon Let's Go boxes would've been empty too, alongside pretty much everything else on that table too.

It makes sense that Nintendo employees already have copies, especially with the article Sakurai was in a month or a month and a half ago about him saying they're almost done with the game.

EDIT: It has been essentially a month since Sakurai has stated that the game is finishing development. From: https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/09/26/sakurai-discusses-isabelle-echoes-and-newcomers/
Smash is quite a stew of different characters, but I try my best to maintain some sense of unity among them while creating a game that can stand on its own by today’s standards. And we should be finishing up development soon…I hope!
Essentially the timeframe of Isabelle's reveal has been the signal point of Smash Ultimate finishing up development. It's practically been a month, and with physical copies being made in-house, ads now starting to roll out, I cannot see this game not being gold at this point, ESPECIALLY when they need to have that game release at that most opportune time of December for that sweet Christmas money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom