• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would totally be up to buying alt outfits for existing characters. It’s something I wanted in Smash 4.

My top picks are:

:ultfalcon: Helmetless Falcon
:ultbowser: Dry Bowser or Meowser
:ultcloud: Dross Cressing Cloud
:ultfalco::ultfox: Melee Falco and Fox
:ultganondorf: TP Ganondorf (hey I’m a fan of him)
:ultkrool: Any alt
:ultkirby: Yarn Kirby
:ultlink: Knight Outfit
:ultmario: Boxer Shorts Mario
:ultmewtwo: Armored Mewtwo (we got Ash-Greninja in some form)
:ultpeach: Wedding Peafh
:ultpichu: Spiked Eared Pikachu
:ultrob: Ancient Magister
:ultryu: Evil Ryu
:ulttoonlink: Conductor Link
:ultzss: Military Outfit Zamus
I'm not the biggest fan of alt costumes but Wedding :ultpeach: sounds cool. Also other Captains for :ultolimar: and any hats except headband for :ultjigglypuff:. I'd like :ultlucina: to wear her mask, too, but she already puts it on for one of her taunts so I can't complain.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Ashley was the obvious pick for a WarioWare rep. It's not even close. Maybe Mona for seniority, but Ashley's popularity went beyond WarioWare.

Aaaaaand she's still an AT. RIP :(

D

Deleted member

Music Meister deserved to appear in The LEGO Batman Movie.

And even then, it is sad that he isn't in any DC Comic yet, and LEGO DC Super Villains will be his new appearance in media (the last was in a Scooby Doo and Brave and The Bold crossover).

KMDP

Smash Legend
I would totally be up to buying alt outfits for existing characters. It’s something I wanted in Smash 4.

My top picks are:

:ultfalcon: Helmetless Falcon
:ultbowser: Dry Bowser or Meowser
:ultcloud: Dross Cressing Cloud
:ultfalco::ultfox: Melee Falco and Fox
:ultganondorf: TP Ganondorf (hey I’m a fan of him)
:ultkrool: Any alt
:ultkirby: Yarn Kirby
:ultlink: Knight Outfit
:ultmario: Boxer Shorts Mario
:ultmewtwo: Armored Mewtwo (we got Ash-Greninja in some form)
:ultpeach: Wedding Peafh
:ultpichu: Spiked Eared Pikachu
:ultrob: Ancient Magister
:ultryu: Evil Ryu
:ulttoonlink: Conductor Link
:ultzss: Military Outfit Zamus
Here are some more for you.
:ultmario: Jumpman
:ultbowser: "Hipster" Bowser
:ultmetaknight: Maskless Meta Knight
:ultsnake: Tuxedo Snake
:ultmegaman: Bad Boxart Mega Man colours | Captain N Colours
:ultsimon: Chronicles Simon | Lords of Shadow Simon | Captain N Simon outfit

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I just had my mind blown about Star Allies.

Jesus H. Christ the butterfly from all the Kirby games was a godlike being all along.......never saw it coming. This REALLY makes me hope that Spirits has a "Super Secret Final Boss" now

KMDP

Smash Legend

Jesus H. Christ the butterfly from all the Kirby games was a godlike being all along.......never saw it coming. This REALLY makes me hope that Spirits has a "Super Secret Final Boss" now
Is that so?

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, speaking of Kirby, to bring up an old speculation topic:

Ya know how "Zero(Mega Man)" is labeled as such on the website, and how people thought that it had something to do with the Zeros on Pyrosphere, even though it seems like Pyrosphere isn't coming back?

.....What if Zero(Kirby) is a Boss in Spirits?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Actually, speaking of Kirby, to bring up an old speculation topic:

Ya know how "Zero(Mega Man)" is labeled as such on the website, and how people thought that it had something to do with the Zeros on Pyrosphere, even though it seems like Pyrosphere isn't coming back?

.....What if Zero(Kirby) is a Boss in Spirits?
It's possible. It's Zero from Fates

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo R&D didnt like using Nintendo EAD characters only so they made their own characters to distance themselves and kept it that way as tradition.
Yeah, it seems Nintendo's teams have a thing of only using characters they made themselves, bar the titular character who's name will sell the dang thing of course.

See also, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and the DKCR sub-series (both made by different teams.)

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Nintendo R&D didnt like using Nintendo EAD characters only so they made their own characters to distance themselves and kept it that way as tradition.
This is part of why I think Waluigi is extremely unlikely to appear in Wario games. We're talking about developers that created Wario because they didn't want to work on Mario.

Last edited:

BeardyBennett

Smash Apprentice
So, um......

For you're potential least played character, what will it take for you to try them out?

For me, Cloud would have to be a much fairer fighter...
For all the other characters who are more enjoyable to play as to spontaneously be cut, and no other characters to be added to the game and instead be replaced by 71 other versions of that character.

Sorry :ultolimar:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Apparently Vergeben is actually six different people masquerading as one leaker according to a guy named Mr. Imran Khan.

There is more than one Imran Khan, so for those uninitiated, the one in question is GameInformer’s West Coast Senior Editor.

Vergeben recently leaked - er, claimed that MvCI was going to have a massive rework of sorts, being called MvC4. (I may botch that, but it’s not the important part.)

Imran comments on a thread discussing it, saying this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...ed-as-marvel-vs-capcom-4.74464/#post-13730032

"Vergeben has been adamant before about MVCI not getting an update in the past, so seeing him take a complete 180 is interesting to me."
"That's because "he" is like six different people pulling rumors from eighteen different sources."

Much later in that thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...marvel-vs-capcom-4.74464/page-4#post-13731576

"How could you possibly know this?"
"I did some research into it when information that was previously only available in small circles got posted. Then I took note of when some other information that came to me from a source stopped coming from him as well. And then there were some things the account posted that were straight up wrong and I tracked down where they came from and who those people gave that information to."

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, this brings up more questions for me than answers, should this even turn out to be true. I can't say I believe or disbelieve it given the vague nature of it, but I'm sure that's by design for good reason.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Ashley was the obvious pick for a WarioWare rep. It's not even close. Maybe Mona for seniority, but Ashley's popularity went beyond WarioWare.

Unpopular opinion - Wario doesn't need a 2nd rep.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, um......

For you're potential least played character, what will it take for you to try them out?

:ultridley: and :ultkrool: exist, so I'll automatically play my least played characters more than them, if that counts.

Other than that:
:ultfox: needs to be less annoying, which seems to be case
:ultryu:'s "always face towards your enemy" thing might encourage me to try his inputs
:ultdiddy:... make Dixie an alt?

D

Deleted member

Apparently Vergeben is actually six different people masquerading as one leaker according to a guy named Mr. Imran Khan.

There is more than one Imran Khan, so for those uninitiated, the one in question is GameInformer’s West Coast Senior Editor.

Vergeben recently leaked - er, claimed that MvCI was going to have a massive rework of sorts, being called MvC4. (I may botch that, but it’s not the important part.)

Imran comments on a thread discussing it, saying this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...ed-as-marvel-vs-capcom-4.74464/#post-13730032

"Vergeben has been adamant before about MVCI not getting an update in the past, so seeing him take a complete 180 is interesting to me."
"That's because "he" is like six different people pulling rumors from eighteen different sources."

Much later in that thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...marvel-vs-capcom-4.74464/page-4#post-13731576

"How could you possibly know this?"
"I did some research into it when information that was previously only available in small circles got posted. Then I took note of when some other information that came to me from a source stopped coming from him as well. And then there were some things the account posted that were straight up wrong and I tracked down where they came from and who those people gave that information to."

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, this brings up more questions for me than answers, should this even turn out to be true. I can't say I believe or disbelieve it given the vague nature of it, but I'm sure that's by design for good reason.
We have a mistery here pals!

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So, um......

Daisy, Peach was my least played in Smash 4 and I hate Daisy with a passion. They'd have to zip her mouth shut for me to go anywhere near her.

D

Deleted member

So, um......

My least played characters would be the Fire Emblem ones and Dark Pit.

Although i only play as Metroid and Third Party characters most of the time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
en toute honnêteté
Bibi et Genevieve for smash!
View attachment 170061

Kidding

i think it'S maybe Killer Queen Black .

arcade mtl is a bar with great arcade games and killer queen black is a upcoming great arcade game

guys ...go try maple syrup and canadian MILK. it's awesome. :)
Didn't expect to see a childhood show of mine on here. :p

Even Sakurai is seeing that her over-exposure is running thin, so unlike :ultisabelle:, she won't make the jump to justify her popularity for now.

That's Shinya Kumazaki for you. Kirby was largely unconnected until he came along from KSSU/Return to Dream Land onwards, creating this subtle mythos using elements from earlier entries, and was dying for a good excuse to finally bring back characters that most people (even Sakurai) haven't used until now, up to and including the ones made by a director that's officially been MIA for nearly two decades. Definitely an admirable dude, especially compared to some Nintendo divisions being reluctant to use characters made by other people.

That said, I haven't heard anything about Dream Friends Wave 3 yet, so one can only imagine how long the userbase for Star Allies has to wait compared to us.

Yeah, it seems Nintendo's teams have a thing of only using characters they made themselves, bar the titular character who's name will sell the dang thing of course.

See also, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat and the DKCR sub-series (both made by different teams.)
This is part of why I think Waluigi is extremely unlikely to appear in Wario games. We're talking about developers that created Wario because they didn't want to work on Mario.
It's also why Daisy wasn't used outside of spin-offs at all until Super Mario Run got made. With the cultural habit of not wanting to use other people's stuff out of respect, it eventually complicates things. *points to Peachette*

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Reminder that every single one of these pokemon is a dragon-type and that Charizard isn't. You could make an entire Pokemon team out of monsters that have almost no right to be dragon-type. In all honesty I'm not even upset, I think some of these monsters being somehow being ""dragons"" is kind of charming in it's own way. And I don't care what anyone says, Zard will always be a real dragon in my heart.

C'mon Gamefreak if Zygarde 10% can be a dragon-type then you have no reason not to give us a dragon-type Eeveelution already. Now make like a Regigigas finally get your act together.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So, um......

I never bought Smash 4 DLC, so all of them are my least played by default...
As for the base game, I'll probably try out :ultdarkpit: in Classic Mode to get his trophy and that'll be it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Reminder that every single one of these pokemon is a dragon-type and that Charizard isn't. You could make an entire Pokemon team out of monsters that have almost no right to be dragon-type. In all honesty I'm not even upset, I think some of these monsters being somehow being ""dragons"" is kind of charming in it's own way. And I don't care what anyone says, Zard will always be a real dragon in my heart.

C'mon Gamefreak if Zygarde 10% can be a dragon-type then you have no reason not to give us a dragon-type Eeveelution already. Now make like a Regigigas finally get your act together.
Charizard Y is better than Charizard X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom