• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
ok now I'm convinced this person actually has insider info, no way is this a coincidence...
lol that convinces me of the opposite; that this person just picked the date randomly.

Like why would they go to this weird little website and leak the info there? They'd go on 4chan nigh instantly to leak it.

inb4 this was the way the leaker put it and it is legit, but I highly doubt it given it's been going for longer than we initially thought.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What's even weirder, the countdown has been running for almost a week by now
If it's real, we still have to wait a few more days before getting an actual confirmation, since Nintendo loves announcing those at the last minute.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Either whoever runs that countdown site dun goofed when reviewing the countdown, or whoever submitted it acted like they were from Nintendo and whoever reviewed it is extremely gullible.

Though I do hope it's real, even if it was just a guess.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Ok

Countdown says it's going to air at 9am EST which I don't think has ever been a direct time

I can also email the site owners and see if they have anything to say about it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I remember something about Pokemon Trainer representing any Pokemon trainer or something, but I don't know if that includes Team Rocket/Grunt/Etc. The only question is how'd they work: Like Pokemon Trainer or do they fight on their own??
Like PT, I'd suppose. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, plus it makes for a template to reuse and simplify programming a smidgen.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Team Rocket would be amazing in my opinion.

And since Nintendo owns a third of the Pokemon IP, and Sakurai seems okay with using stuff from the anime, they at least have better chances than Goku's zero percent (I guess it just depends on Sakurai and TPC). Just have 'em stand to the side like Pokemon Trainer, while the player is Meowth with Weezing, Arbok, and Wobbufett able to switch out to help him.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Team Rocket would be amazing in my opinion.

And since Nintendo owns a third of the Pokemon IP, and Sakurai seems okay with using stuff from the anime, they at least have better chances than Goku's zero percent. Just have have 'em stand to the side like Pokemon Trainer, while the player is Meowth with Weezing, Arbok, and Wobbufett able to switch out to help him.
Meowth's already been deconfirmed, mate.

Unless you mean the next game.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think it's weird that Pokeball Pokemon disconfirm a Pokemon newcomer, since there's more than one, and in Meowth's case, he's the only one who talks so I dunno.
I think Sakurai wants the Pokemon you play as to feel unique, that's why there's no Pikachu Pokeball. Or Squirtle, or Mewtwo, etc.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I can see Ike using Gut's training method to get swole. Just swing his giant sword like 10,000 times a day.

In honor of your 10/10 sig gif, if you had to make a Smash version of Stardust Crusaders, who would they be?

Easy :ultfalco: for Avdol.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's weird that Pokeball Pokemon disconfirm a Pokemon newcomer, since there's more than one, and in Meowth's case, he's the only one who talks so I dunno.
Good thing there's still Arbok, Weezing and Wobuffet, one supposes.

Either whoever runs that countdown site dun goofed when reviewing the countdown, or whoever submitted it acted like they were from Nintendo and whoever reviewed it is extremely gullible.

Though I do hope it's real, even if it was just a guess.
Same. That 24th leak that was brought up yesterday seems a tad too far, so anything sooner would be nice.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
The biggest argument in favor of the "AT/Pokeballs disconfirm characters" hypothesis is that basically, adding any AT/Pokeball pokemon to the game means you would have to risk having two models of the same character with the same color on screen at once, which could give an unfair advantage to users of said character since it could confuse other players

And you could argue that you could block certain ATs/pokeball pokemon when they're being played as characters or that you could add some change in coloring for the ATs/pokeball pokemon when the character is being played, but from a coding perspective, those are constraints that just add unnecessary complexity, it's way easier just never adding any character you're considering to become playable as an AT/pokeball pokemon to begin with

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey so um

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77088151/910359870

Big if true wrt Elma's chances

fyi the woman they're talking about is Mika Kobayashi, who's most notable for the female vocals in Uncontrollable
I don't want to get my hopes up... but you're REALLY making it difficult.
Please be real, please be real, please be real

Sent this to the timer site

All right boys let's hope I get a timely response.
sorry not sorry
How much do you want to bet they'll respond back on October 19th?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
How much do you want to bet they'll respond back on October 19th?
It's likely I won't hear anything back and they'll either do nothing or just remove the timer without contacting me. I sent the message to the only email the site had and it's a generic info@website.com type of address. But hopefully I will hear something back soon. Worth a shot either way :)

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Hard disagree with how dismissive you are of Lara in particular. I don't think you quite get how iconic Lara herself is. We're talking about a character who was so iconic during her run that she appeared on magazine covers, did commercials for products, and has had multiple movies made of her. She's easily up there with Chun-Li as the 2 most iconic women in gaming not yet in Smash. Sora is a massive gaming character but Lara is a legitimate cultural powerhouse.
Problem with Lara is this:
Also, we could incorporate heavy weapons like bombs and rocket launchers as jokes, but things like knives, automatic weapons, and realistic guns were off-limits.
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/06/16/solid-snake-joins-the-brawl-translation/

Her main weapon are two realistic guns. Same with Leon/most RE characters. Unless they go back on this, which I can't see happening, I'd rather not have them. Snake has CQC that helps him stand out, but a Lara or a Leon without handguns is just awkward, imo.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Smash Crusaders
:ultryu: Jotaro
:ultroy:Advol
:ultchrom:Polnareff
:ultsnake:Old Joseph
:ultlink:Kakyoin
:ultduckhunt:Iggy

(I unironically want Jotaro and DIO playable in Smash some day)

Bonus
:ultdk:That one gorilla with the boat stand
:ultisabelle:That one girl that followed the crew for a few episodes
:ultlucas:Koichi
:ultrichter:Young Joseph
:ultyoshi:Diego
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultganondorf: The Pillar Men
:ultluigi:Tonio
:ultbayonetta:Lisa Lisa
:ultzelda:Erina
:ultolimar:Mikitaka
:ultfalco:Pet Shop
:ultbowserjr:Rohan
:ultsheik:Jolyne

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I've said it before, but the lack of Xenoblade music on the blog is odd. The series is known for its music, to the point its always been a big part of its advertisement.
I'm sure it's inevitably coming. Also, no FF, Game & Watch or Pac-Man stuff has been blogged on the official website and you can check the series tag if you don't believe me.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd rather you guys try to keep the music theory alive than attaching yourselves to an irrelevant twitter account for a website where anyone can make these damn countdowns

I'm mostly saying this so that way I'm wrong and it ends up on that date anyway.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'd rather you guys try to keep the music theory alive than attaching yourselves to an irrelevant twitter account for a website where anyone can make these damn countdowns

I'm mostly saying this so that way I'm wrong and it ends up on that date anyway.
I'd rather stick to my Fanservice Theory. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm sure it's inevitably coming. Also, no FF, Game & Watch or Pac-Man stuff has been blogged on the official website and you can check the series tag if you don't believe me.
I swear I'm going to be so upset if FF doesn't get any more music. Which seems to be the sad truth of the matter if the Smash direct still showing only 2 songs is any indication.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'd rather stick to my Fanservice Theory. :p
My point was that I'd rather people stick to debunked messes than the countdown timer.

Your fanservice theory makes me imagine a Beach Episode costume pack for DLC, and ROB in water wings makes your theory rock solid.

No I'm not missing the point, I'm hijacking the point

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Music Theory has not been broken.

You see those two Fire Emblem songs? Sakurai has a composer who "strangely" worked really hard on a lot of Fire Emblem music, and that's the only reason why we got two; they don't count :troll:

inb4 people take this seriously

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Good god were back to theories?

This community now in a nutshell...

The drought really has gotten to all of y'all huh? :laugh:

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
My point was that I'd rather people stick to debunked messes than the countdown timer.

Your fanservice theory makes me imagine a Beach Episode costume pack for DLC, and ROB in water wings makes your theory rock solid.

No I'm not missing the point, I'm hijacking the point
if Tekken Tag 2 can have a Panda in a One Piece Swimsuit then why shouldnt smash do the same kind of fanservice.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Friendly reminder that every character in Smash history is back.

No reason for mentioning this, I just feel it's something we tend to forget about among all the speculation.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Friendly reminder that every character in Smash history is back.

No reason for mentioning this, I just feel it's something we tend to forget about among all the speculation.
Never really forgotten that, though I wonder if that is entirely for the best or not. Though the answer to that is going to be entirely subjective for pretty much everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom