• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
After Awakening and Fates, I doubt either of those are *the* favorite anymore. There's a whole generation now of 3DS-only FE players that know Ike from Smash and Lyn from Heroes.

They didn't even bother putting Ike in the Warriors games.
The CYL poll was held after the release of Fates and Lyn still won the the female division while Ike and Roy managed to get 1st and 2nd place in thr male division. You could argue that it was mostly hardcore FE fans that wrre voting but that's still pretty dang impressive.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The CYL poll was held after the release of Fates and Lyn still won the the female division while Ike and Roy managed to get 1st and 2nd place in thr male division. You could argue that it was mostly hardcore FE fans that wrre voting but that's still pretty dang impressive.
Even more impressive considering there is a chunk of people who despise Roy for his weak gameplay performance as a Lord in his own game. Melee helped the boy a bit in terms of general popularity.

There’s also a group like that for Lyn but that’s the more hardcore LTC crowd that dislikes Lyn and her popularity for her being a lackluster unit in that style of play.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Out of all the series in Smash, what's your favorite?

For me it's a tie between Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Both series have fun gameplay and exploration, awesome music, memorable moments, and two of eh best video game characters ever made.
:ultmario: - Mario in general, obvious classic.
:ultness: - EarthBound / MOTHER, insanely amazing and definitely heartrending RPG series.
:ultlittlemac: - Punch-Out!!, especially it's reboot. Honestly, the reboot might've been the best reboot Nintendo has ever done. SO memorable.
:ultshulk: - Xenoblade Chronicles, the first game was a almost flawless masterpiece, and the sequel fixes and builds upon the original. Also, Torna. I'm still reeling over it.
:ultsnake: - Metal Gear Solid, HIND D, BABY.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I totally expect Master Chief, Banjo-Kazooie, Chrono, Scorpion, Goku, Vageta, and Dragonborn to be in. I think I’m actually lowering my expectations.

Better throw in Shrek for good measure.

Honestly though, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with other having high expectations...as long as those expectations don’t cause someone to go through a downward spiral of anger, depression, and resentment when they are inevitably shattered.

Smash only comes once every 4-8 years lol.
I'm okay with this. Bring it on.
Out of all the series in Smash, what's your favorite?

For me it's a tie between Legend of Zelda and Metroid. Both series have fun gameplay and exploration, awesome music, memorable moments, and two of eh best video game characters ever made.
Zelda for me. I vastly prefer the console Zeldas to the handheld ones, but Link's one of my favorite video game characters. Best games are Twilight Princess and BotW.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Always loved me some Animal Crossing, and desired its protagonist getting in amongst others. Then we saw the first trailer to open with the firery Smash logo, which cut to Animal Crossing town and BAM he was in. I like, squeed when he finally appeared. Years later, and we're getting a second rep who isn't even a standard echo of the Villager, and is just plain adorable. Aside from that I also played me some Sonic, Pokemon, Warioware and a bit of Castlevania

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Dude I slept until the next day and I've already seen what people have been talking about for leaks.
Honestly I thought it was pretty cute in the framework sense. :shyguy:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I kinda want to know, but I’m just tired of reading all of the leaks, fake or otherwise. For smash, I’d prefer to wait to hear it from Sakurai. He tries so hard and loves to surprise us.

I prefer keeping the leak discussion separate. It’s impossible to avoid completely, but it is easier if it’s not right in my face.

And we probably have a lot of information still to come in regards to trophies (why haven’t they been confirmed yet?), All-Star mode (this one’s gonna be incredible!), the new mode, and there’s even a blurred portion on the side menu (DLC shop?)
Hope there’s a Smash infodump next month...

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
uh uh I would like to join this game too

my favorite series in Smash

:ultpeach::ultfalcon::ultrobin:ultdaisy:

Last edited:

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Well then...you shouldn’t have put that “boomers” part in if you was gonna quote me (or at the least put in a /s)
A bit late but i'm sorry bro, didn't mean to offend you
i was trying to mock people who don't want older characters in Smash

My favirte series in Smash are 50% Third Party and the other 50% are Nintendo
:ultpacman:Pacc-Man World
:ultbayonetta:Bayonetta 1 on PC and 2 on Switch, waiting for 3
:ultryu:Street Fighter Alpha, Capcom VS SNK, Marvel VS Capcom
:ultsonic:I've enjoyed pretty much every game except Sonic 06
:ultmario::ultpokemontrainer::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultluigi:Mario, Pokemon, DKC and Luigi's Mansion

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I’m working on my in-depth character analysis and currently on Banjo. I have a few questions:

1) Would Mumbo Jumbo fit best as an Assist Trophy, Special move using transformation magic, a Final Smash, as two of three, or as all three?

2) Is it possible that MS may insist that Banjo use elements from his Xbox game such as building vehicles as a special move? Is this a likely scenario? Or could this potentially happen on Sakurai’s own violation.

3) Thoughts in BK codecs invoving Banjo and Kazooie chatting about opponent characters with fellow BK characters like Jingo, Mumbo, Bottles, and Gruntilda?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Joining in on this "Favourite Series in Smash" bandwagon:
:ultshulk:: Xenoblade
:ultcloud: :Final Fantasy
:ultmarth:: Fire Emblem
:ultmario:: Mario
:ultinkling:: Splatoon
:ultlink:: Zelda
:ultsamus:: Metroid
:ultwario:: WarioWare/Wario Land
Honourable Mentions: :ultryu::ultvillager::ultpit::ultpichu:

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Hello guys!

What's up? Is there any new leaks?

I want to start by saying that I'm completely surprised at the leaks surrounding Smash Ultimate. In Smash 4, leaks were very common pre-release, and they stopped after that ESRB leak. There were still leaks of course after the release but they were more rare.

Now with the newest game, I am also hearing rumors and leaks about DLC, even before the game's release. Usually, the DLC leaks come after release, not before, so for it to appear slowly surprises me.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So I’m working on my in-depth character analysis and currently on Banjo. I have a few questions:

1) Would Mumbo Jumbo fit best as an Assist Trophy, Special move using transformation magic, a Final Smash, as two of three, or as all three?

2) Is it possible that MS may insist that Banjo use elements from his Xbox game such as building vehicles as a special move? Is this a likely scenario? Or could this potentially happen on Sakurai’s own violation.

3) Thoughts in BK codecs invoving Banjo and Kazooie chatting about opponent characters with fellow BK characters like Jingo, Mumbo, Bottles, and Gruntilda?
Assist trophy. I think that if Banjo and Kazooie are in their FS will be the Jinjonator.

I doubt they'll use anything from it, maybe the wrench as a netruel air but probably nothing else. Sakurai used both Pac-Man's and Simon's old designs the same will probably apply to Banjo and Kazooie. Also I think the people at Rare know Nuts and Bolts isn't that liked.

I'd love it. Easy to make as well since it wouldn't require voice acting like the codecs and guidances.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd love it. Easy to make as well since it wouldn't require voice acting like the codecs and guidances.
That's the thing though. Star Fox, Kid Icarus and Metal Gear got in-game dialogues, because they have (and famous with their) voice acting. Would they put such conservations if there is no comprehensible voice lines and only writing?

Some people suggested a similar thing with Splatoon and I kinda doubt we'll see something like that for the same reason.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I still don't see how this is a problem in a game with Mr.Game&Watch.
Well Mr game and watch is a flat 2-dimensional character;. Steve is 3D.
Why would Microsoft even push for Steve to be popular?? He's a DEFAULT skin. Minecraft is better represented as a stage or assist trophy since the main appeal to it is it's sand box and world building.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Why would Microsoft even push for Steve to be popular?? He's a DEFAULT skin. Minecraft is better represented as a stage or assist trophy.
Yeah. Minecraft is a series more known for its world than its characters, like how Monster Hunter is more known for its monsters than the actual hunter. As a result, the latter has no playable representation and it is likely that the former will get the same treatment.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Very hard to pick a favorite series in Smash, top 5 in no order:

Kirby
Fire Emblem
Castlevania
Metal Gear
Street Fighter

So much Megaman I have to beat in regards to the mainline games, only beaten 1, 2 and X and like all the Network games (Network MM, best MM)

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, just predictions and hopes here?

Okay, just general discussion. Nice.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Favorite series in Smash? Okay.
:ultpikachu::ultmarth::ultmario::ultlittlemac::ultdk:
There's a roughly ordered top five.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still can't wait to see my boi perform Neutral B on Ridley :yoshi:
Somehow I get a sadistic glee knowing I can snipe Isabelle of all characters with the Ancient Arrow. So weird...

And I still want to see some trophies (Link and Simon in particular).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why would Microsoft even push for Steve to be popular?? He's a DEFAULT skin. Minecraft is better represented as a stage or assist trophy since the main appeal to it is it's sand box and world building.
Said "default skin" gets more merchandise than 85% of the current roster. You don't see Samus Halloween costumes at Wal-Mart, or replicas of Ragnell at your local Gamestop.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
So, just predictions and hopes here?
Toga Marth and Shirtless Lin-

I mean ....

Bandana Dee rounds off the Kirby cast well
Geno or Paper Mario for Mario RPGs
Isaac gets in revives Golden Sun and encourages Nintendo to activate the 7 Nintenballs and revive Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Hotel Dusk, and more.
Advance Wars and Custom Robo get a character
Sakurai picks a retro character from the cast and makes a new game for them (Ice Climber : Uphiking pls)
Tekken, Super Robot Wars, Tales of, Soul Calibur, and Dark Souls music for Namco please
Yakuza cameo for Sega (or Shenmue)
Beat Em up stage with Urban Champion, Final Fight, Streets of Rage, River City Ransom, and Double Dragon cameos
A Fire Emblem character from Judgral or Magvel makes an appearance
SF music isn't just SFII, MM music isn't just NES MM, FF music isn't just 2 FF7 songs (I would love a MvC2 song or SFIII song)

Obviously 99% of these things won't happen, but still, you said hopes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom