• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I want a Peachette alt in Smash now...also Bowsette just to be disturbed
44B77C39-1264-4B25-B53B-707A95CF8F98.png
C'mon, man. Bowser and his goons are objectively evil. Why else would they build their castle close to lava?
Bowser thought the lava was fitting of his awesomeness, and has mastered the arts of not being burned after 30+ years of falling into it (Dry Bowser is his clone for when he’s done fighting)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
imo fzero, but kamek would be cool, bowser jr sorta counts
Baby Bowser is the final boss of Yoshi's Island, not Bowser Jr. If anything regular Bowser is the "sort of a Yoshi rep" with his new Final Smash.

Last edited:

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
Please do not post media-only replies.
Bowser thought the lava was fitting of his awesomeness, and has mastered the arts of not being burned after 30+ years of falling into it (Dry Bowser is his clone for when he’s done fighting)
x to doubt.jpg

On a more serious note, am I the only one that won't be angry if Steve gets into Smash? I mean, I don't necessarily want him in, but I won't be ticked off it he is.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Baby Bowser is the final boss of Yoshi's Island, not Bowser Jr. If anything regular Bowser is the "sort of a Yoshi rep" with his new Final Smash.
I don't want to feed into the "Oh, Bowser reps Yoshi just fine" rhetoric, but I believe Sakurai directly mentioned Yoshi's Island when talking about his Final Smash...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't want to feed into the "Oh, Bowser reps Yoshi just fine" rhetoric, but I believe Sakurai directly mentioned Yoshi's Island when talking about his Final Smash...
Bowser's size growth did come from the Yoshi series, after all. Giga Bowser honestly feels like he's meant to be a Yoshi reference more than anything else.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Bowser's size growth did come from the Yoshi series, after all. Giga Bowser honestly feels like he's meant to be a Yoshi reference more than anything else.
Giga Bowser to me always reminded me of both Yoshi's Island and Paper Mario 64 at the same time, doubt that was truly intentional but it works for a combination of both final fights.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
If anything regular Bowser is the "sort of a Yoshi rep" with his new Final Smash.
he's been and always will be Yoshi's villain
no cutting it, even if Koopalings helped invade Dinosaur Land
Bowser antagonized everything Yoshi

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Giga Bowser to me always reminded me of both Yoshi's Island and Paper Mario 64 at the same time, doubt that was truly intentional but it works for a combination of both final fights.
I forgot about that fight. Mind you, he uses the Star Rod in Paper Mario too.

Kamek nor Kammy are anywhere to be found during it, so it makes it look like it's just Bowser's own magic making him grow. Easier to animate, at least. Still, I find it interesting that despite having Giga Bowser for 3 games in a row, they all have pretty major differences as a Final Smash.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Y'know if you semi count Bowser Jr as Yoshi's enemy even if he isn't truly.

Don't all the original 8 have their foe? Maybe this will be how Spirits will play out?

Mario vs Bowser
Link vs Ganondorf
Kirby vs Metaknight/Dedede
Pikachu vs Mewtwo
Fox vs Wolf
DK vs K Rool
Yoshi vs Bowser Jr (Emulating Baby Bowser)
Samus vs Ridley

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
You wouldn’t be, but I wouldn’t want to see him in the game regardless of emotions
I think my particular issue with Steve is that his style of movement doesn't translate into Smash. I personally believe that Minecraft deserves some representation in Smash (given its impact on gaming as a whole), but I think that a stage and a Creeper AT would be better representation than a character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I think my particular issue with Steve is that his style of movement doesn't translate into Smash. I personally believe that Minecraft deserves some representation in Smash (given its impact on gaming as a whole), but I think that a stage and a Creeper AT would be better representation than a character.
My only issue is Minecraft not having my interests, so seeing Steve as a playable character would be disappointing (though a stage and Creeper AT works well enough if we were to get content from them)

BrytonJ

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5522-4120-7832
hey there sure are a lot of small bowsers huh. Like there's bowser jr. and baby bowser and there's koopa kid. plus there's all the koopalings who don't look like the other 3 but are still kind of variations of bowser children.

so what im saying is give bowser jr. a koopa kid alt PLEASE

Last edited:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
On a more serious note, am I the only one that won't be angry if Steve gets into Smash? I mean, I don't necessarily want him in, but I won't be ticked off it he is.
I actually wouldn't mind Steve at all. His inclusion would even make me excited, though I'm not actively going to vouch for him. That, and I'm guilty of being a dirty meme lover so it would be a splendid source.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I mean, there's also the "Yoshi reps Yoshi just fine" rhetoric, I think that's the biggest problem for the Yoshi series.

Regarding all the updates, I just have to put post-its around the house to remind me that no matter how questionable the next reveal are... we got Ridley and K. Rool in smash. It's ok for nothing else to be as hype as those two.

kylexv

Smash Master
So yeah, with the establishment of a specific leak thread, I've been hopping between this one and that one. All I have to say once stuff actually goes down is:

Speaking of Steve though, I wouldn't mind him, but he'd feel out of place to me.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
I suppose that's true. I mean, he somehow found a moveset for the fricken Duck Hunt dog.
I'm fairly certain that the safest hands a company's intellectual property could be in the hands of are the hands of the Smash team. They will make sure that the character is represented correctly.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Zinith Zinith what would you prefer? a second yoshi rep that can't be Poochy (because this character could actually work) nor Birdo or Boshi (not yoshi series reps).
or yoshi getting a new gorgeous stage based on Yoshi crafted world, 10 extra remixes, 2 items, an assist trophy and a boss battle?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zinith Zinith what would you prefer? a second yoshi rep that can't be Poochy (because this character could actually work) nor Birdo or Boshi (not yoshi series reps).
or yoshi getting a new gorgeous stage based on Yoshi crafted world, 10 extra remixes, 2 items, an assist trophy and a boss battle?
I can go either way on that to be honest. There's always next time for the other option...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I REALLY hope Steve isn't playable.
But on the other hand i have King K. Rool so I'm happy.....but Steve tho?

As much as i hate the Mii's, id rather take another Mii class than Steve.

gyjghjghj.PNG
He better not have a Oof-Haa either

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I can go either way on that to be honest. There's always next time for the other option...
awww, come on... thats not an answer...

Actually the reason why i banned Poochy from teh selection is because i think it could be an actual fun, unique and charming character to use... so it could been too easy... but outside of poochy and baby mario (pls keep baby mario the furthest away from the roster DX) I just wanted to know if there was actual Yoshi character that you would be REALLY excited to play, to the point that you would gladly sacrifice representation on teh franchise in other places (like a cool boos battle, or energy pumping remixes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom