• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Do any of you have hopes for the game's less important features?

I would like for Bowser to have a voice, or clips other than reused ones from Smash 4 and Brawl. He has a voice actor, so I don't see the issue. Shinichiro Miki has been providing the voice of Charizard since Smash 64, with new clips for every game. And even if they don't want to pay a voice actor, they could create or find new monster roars/shrieks/growls to use. DK doesn't have a voice actor but he gets new voice clips every game (the dream would be for Grant Kirkhope to voice him like in Double Dash).

Same goes for Diddy Kong. And if K. Rool makes it, I hope they choose Benedict Campbell to voice him.
I’d like them to bring back Steve Burton as Cloud, and for some reason, I’d also like Captain Falcon to get an updated English voice by a native English speaking VO (FYI his current voice is “Engrish” provided by Ryo Horikawa). In my case I’d prefer Crispin Freeman (Regal Bryant from Tales of Symphonia, Albel Nox from Star Ocean 3) to voice him, but that’s literally a pipe dream at this point lmao

And as I mentioned a few pages back, a dual audio option that can even be toggled on a by character basis, but again, unlikely. It’d probably be hella expensive rip

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please dont buff palutena. i get DESTROYED by palutuna on for glory
How though? She couldn’t even protect herself from Medusa/Chaos Kin in her own place...and win a fight against food she cooked to life

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Wario was all about the money, but Waluigi probably wants fame or something.
Or to be loved/noticed, at all. A reason to not be jealous.

Like, a game where he's the protagonist and keeps trying to solve problems and ends up just getting in everyone's way until something real bad happens and he fixes it and someone gives him a high five or something.

An open world post apocalyptic rpg.
Waluigi was not created by Nintendo. He's a Camelot character that Nintendo eventually decided to put in spinoffs after Mario Tennis; this explains why he's nowhere to be seen other than most spinoffs (RIP Mario Kart 7). His initial purpose was only to be a partner to Wario in Mario Tennis (64). This also explains why it is Waluigi who said Camelot during Mario Golf on game cube.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'd love for palutena to be good. Fix her tilts. And make everything else good too :)
She can be good but don't make her a top tier. If Palutena were top tier everyone would hate her.

I actually feel bad when I play her because to play her optimally is to say "I AM NOT MOVING FROM THIS. SPOT."....all game.(unless you are fighting Lucas or Ness....or one of the 12 characters that can punish you just for pressing autoreticle.)

I love her to death but she can't be top tier.

(Also I'd have to deal with the Zelda thing were everyone bandwagons her all the sudden and it peeves me. You can call me petty I know I am.:grin:)

Ideally, everyone would be good but we live in reality and 70+ characters are not an easy load to balance perfectly.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I’d like them to bring back Steve Burton as Cloud, and for some reason, I’d also like Captain Falcon to get an updated English voice by a native English speaking VO (FYI his current voice is “Engrish” provided by Ryo Horikawa). In my case I’d prefer Crispin Freeman (Regal Bryant from Tales of Symphonia, Albel Nox from Star Ocean 3) to voice him, but that’s literally a pipe dream at this point lmao

And as I mentioned a few pages back, a dual audio option that can even be toggled on a by character basis, but again, unlikely. It’d probably be hella expensive rip
The only character I actively want to have a different voice is Lyn, but she's an assist trophy so... *shrug*

The thing about Dual Audio is that, from a mechanical standpoint, it's very easy to make a menu to do it. On a money standpoint, I don't really see why it would be more expensive? Because they've already paid the actors for their work, since Nintendo now owns the voice work, technically they can do whatever they want with it. I'm not sure if there's cross-country licensing fees, though.

I imagine it has been more about disc space (you multiply the space taken up by the voice lines by however many different languages you are using per character). Maybe also that it's not something they thought people would want.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only character I actively want to have a different voice is Lyn, but she's an assist trophy so... *shrug*

The thing about Dual Audio is that, from a mechanical standpoint, it's very easy to make a menu to do it. On a money standpoint, I don't really see why it would be more expensive? Because they've already paid the actors for their work, since Nintendo now owns the voice work, technically they can do whatever they want with it. I'm not sure if there's cross-country licensing fees, though.

I imagine it has been more about disc space (you multiple the space taken up by the voice lines by however many different languages you are using per character). Maybe also that's it's not something they thought people would want.
That's actually something a little known game called "Dragon's Dogma" handles immaculately.
They simply made the dual audio option downloadable. So if you're willing to take up the storage, you're more than able to download the Japanese voices.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I have one. You know how Kirby, King Dedede and Wario can use their neutral B's to eat items and heal from them?

Yoshi should have that too. Makes no sense why you'd keep that from him
Maybe they could give Yoshi a grab that doesn't inflict witch time on himself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Palutena getting buffed would be awesome. I love how her tilts look, but man do I wish they actually worked well. That and the end lag on her Smash Attacks is pretty bad.

It just seemed like they made her a character who should be able to capitalize on punishes but made her laughably easy to punish due to her near universal endlag.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's actually something a little known game called "Dragon's Dogma" handles immaculately.
They simply made the dual audio option downloadable. So if you're willing to take up the storage, you're more than able to download the Japanese voices.
I'm pretty sure Persona 5 does that too.

Good: Dual Audio.
Better: Individual Dual Audio
Best: Multiple Audio, where you can select older Voice Actors, along with different languages for each character.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Waluigi was not created by Nintendo. He's a Camelot character that Nintendo eventually decided to put in spinoffs after Mario Tennis; this explains why he's nowhere to be seen other than most spinoffs (RIP Mario Kart 7). His initial purpose was only to be a partner to Wario in Mario Tennis (64). This also explains why it is Waluigi who said Camelot during Mario Golf on game cube.
I don't know what made you think I didn't already know all that before saying what I said, but I stand by it lol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are you able to prove that? That’s like trying to disprove a Fire Emblem ship...or :ultsnake:/:ultfalcon:x:ultzss:
They don't date
They certainly don't ****
They're immortal

And the argument of "it is like this because you can't prove it" is **** because you can't prove your own side either without pulling up R34.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Palutena's tilts are already faster judging from the palutena boards I believe. Or at least Ftilt is. Which, good. Because he ftilt was really slow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Palutena getting buffed would be awesome. I love how her tilts look, but man do I wish they actually worked well. That and the end lag on her Smash Attacks is pretty bad.

It just seemed like they made her a character who should be able to capitalize on punishes but made her laughably easy to punish due to her near universal endlag.
I do recall that trying to shorten the ending lag for Palutena's f-smash and d-smash would cause her wing animations to be out of sync with her body animations. But since Palutena's smash attacks are supposed to make KOs sooner than her other attacks, they need to have more start-up lag to avoid being too good.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Palutena's tilts are already faster judging from the palutena boards I believe. Or at least Ftilt is. Which, good. Because he ftilt was really slow.
slow, didn't kill, didn't combo, left her vulnerable before AND after...
It was preeeetty bad.
In fact, most of Palutena's ground moves were. I think the best one bar none is probably her USmash that just sends a skyscraper up to sucker punch everyone above her.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Are you able to prove that? That’s like trying to disprove a Fire Emblem ship...or :ultsnake:/:ultfalcon:x:ultzss:
Is the burden of proof not on you for asserting it is a thing?

Is this a case of you being silly or genuinely trying to make a headcanon sound serious?

Palutena is obviously dating Wario, so don't even @ me

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Palutena is obviously dating Wario, so don't even @ me
Wario doesn't take thots. He only takes the finest selections.
Pink Gold Peach for her metallic features, perhaps. and because its sentient walking money

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Isn't Palutena an adult while Pit is canonically either 10 or 13? I know Japan has its........differences from the West but I'm pretty sure thats still frowned upon. The whole "wanting to see Pit undressed" thing requires context imo. For all I know its just her bathing her kid like a Mother would (even though I guess at 10 or 13 years of age that would still be pretty bizarre....)

Also, Captain Falcon and Samus is best Smash ship. Snake has his own canonical thing/not thing to worry about. Ships as a whole can get pretty toxic though so we probably shouldn't continue this much further...

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I quite literally need this since they dubbed Marth for this game. I can't stand not-Japanese Marth, I just can't.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Although the f-tilt's start-up lag is supposedly shorter, it's not short enough for an attack that has very bad KO capabilities. Also, while the f-tilt is a disjointed attack, if it's not designed to be a quick KO maker, it needs to be quick to hit; it doesn't cover as much distance as Dedede's f-tilt anyway.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Isn't Palutena an adult while Pit is canonically either 10 or 13? I know Japan has its........differences from the West but I'm pretty sure thats still frowned upon. The whole "wanting to see Pit undressed" thing requires context imo. For all I know its just her bathing her kid like a Mother would (even though I guess at 10 or 13 years of age that would still be pretty bizarre....)

Also, Captain Falcon and Samus is best Smash ship. Snake has his own canonical thing/not thing to worry about. Ships as a whole can get pretty toxic though so we probably shouldn't continue this much further...
I believe Pit is physically teenaged but actually in his 30s or something. Something something 4th wall breaks, something something age of the series.

Not that I believe in Pit X Palutena or anything. Just doling out info.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Thinking about it, since there's less than 5 months left, I wouldn't be shocked if there was one reveal trailer a month, about.
That's probably the logic people are using (besides "people wanna hear this") in trying to throw a dart at a date in July for some kind of Nintendo Direct in their leaks.

Though, for some reason, I just can't imagine something huge this month, especially not specifically on July 26th, 10am EST.

:warioc:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746

I've had decent success with Dtilt and Uptilt but all of her tilts need adjustments. Her downtilt should be able to combo, imo and needs a frame or two less starting lag. It's hitbox is pretty decent at least. I'd make it send at about the angle of her Down Throw, maybe straight out if you land the tip.

Uptilt needs to stick better. I catch players all the time with it but the good ones SDI out and I get punished for landing the move. It should operate as an anti air but few characters just jump on top of the opponent in neutral. It could use a wider hitbox that pulls the opponent in until the final hit which sends them directly up for either a nair or upair, imo. Keep the end lag in favor of making it high risk/high reward.

Ftilt should be a multi-hit but that isn't a thing so........it should combo into explosive flame and/or be deleted in the next smash game in favor of a shield bash that doesn't require a dash. I'm gonna be honest I'm probably never gonna use this move unless its safe on shield.....and even then with the Perfect Shield changes it really just isn't worth throwing out unless Ftilit > Explosive Flame is a kill confirm for some reason.

This is just my wishlist, I think these changes would be fairly balanced and fair.

Her Smash's are mostly fine. Less startup on Fsmash and Upsmash (seriously if I have to deal with her giant laser coming out but the hitbox not for a second Smash game I am going to be livid. Match the ****ing visual!) her downsmash is mostly fine. I'm OK with its lag so long as they buff the knockback. Also, make the Windbox of Fsmash stronger. It might as well not exist in 4.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
What's with the uptick of Amaterasu in leaks? At first she was nowhere, but now every other leak has her it in.

She's cool though, would not complain if she gets in.
Okami HD coming to the Switch August 9th definitely has something to do with it course I'm not complaining.
They also could of stole my plausible theory about her being revealed on August 9th, the Vultures XD
What bugs me the most about these leaks

Half of them call Isabelle "Isabella"

Just... DO YOUR RESEARCH.
Forgive them, they must have just watched Phineas and Ferb, and have Isabella on the brain.

These are all of the past stage that have not been revealed (credits to ElemtrikDynomite on Reddit for this). Considering how not all of these may come back, which stages would you all like to see return (31 stages are here).
Fountain of Dreams
Pirate Ship
Windy Hill
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi Wooly Stage

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Even Rosalina feels like she's not getting much attention.

Jigglypuff probably shouldn't receive buffs that make it too dominant. Getting it to the C-tier level would be the better option.
To be fair, that isn't a Jigglypuff exclusive thing, no character should receive buffs that make them dominant intentionally, that'd just be bad balancing lol, the goal of balancing is to balance the game, not to make sure our personal favorites are tippity top tier.
Please dont buff palutena. i get DESTROYED by palutuna on for glory
I don't think that's a good enough reason for Palutena to not get buffed, she isn't OP and is blatantly undertuned, you probably lose to Palutena frequently due to either not being great at the Palutena match-up for your mains or it's just that the Palutena mains you're running into happen to be really good at the game, I doubt it's due to balance reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom