• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yeah I expected a more general appeal character to be revealed in the direct, rather than a character with more hardcore appeal (though I thought it would have been the new pokemon).
I too was expecting either Elma (tied with a X port whoch didn't happened) or the new Pokémon. But thinking it afterwards, Game Freak and the Pokémon Company probably would have been opposed to reveal a Gen VII character in the same Direct where they show Let's Go.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I honestly Don't Expect Isaac To Be The game. We know our final stage count and it would be weird to have a character without a stage (This isn't the Melee Days anymore)
Edit: Oh boy, Imma Get a lot of angry people chasing after me, just because I have a different opinion than everyone else...
I can't imagine that the amount of stages that we have is the final amount. That would (a) mean that this game only added four new stages and (b) require the developers to give away that there are no more new series being added to Smash months before the game comes out, which seems like an uncharacteristic decision.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I can't imagine that the amount of stages that we have is the final amount. That would (a) mean that this game only added four new stages and (b) require the developers to give away that there are no more new series being added to Smash months before the game comes out, which seems like an uncharacteristic decision.
I just find it odd that they specifically said that If You Don't count Battlefield, Big Battlefield and Final Destination, That the stage count would be a Rounded 100. It seems too perfect to mess up.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
i feel like there is a dante yes timeline and a dante no timeline, if no dante then there are no new series in smash.

I feel like it's gonna be something like:

If Dante: Inceneroar, Karate Joe, Dante

If no Dante: Inceneroar, Geno, Kirby/Mother newcomer (please be porky).

I know "Assume all leaks are fake yadayada" but the dante stuff is too high to ignore, that's the only character that really could dissapoint me, we already have dante's mum in the game, and adding dante is gonna be the start of several events that lead to every smash player being banned from EVO. Monster Hunter, Chun-Li, even Arthur or Pheonix Wright would have been much better Capcom characters tbh.

StormC

Smash Hero
Which god do I have to pray to so that we get a character reveal in October?

November will almost definitely host the last Smash Direct, but I hope the wait isn't that long. I'd like a Robin-style trailer upload in October and the Smash Direct in November opening and closing with a reveal like before, as well as having all the remaining echoes shown off.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
i feel like there is a dante yes timeline and a dante no timeline, if no dante then there are no new series in smash.

I know "Assume all leaks are fake yadayada" but the dante stuff is too high to ignore, that's the only character that really could dissapoint me, we already have dante's mum in the game, and adding dante is gonna be the start of several events that lead to every smash player being banned from EVO. Monster Hunter, Chun-Li, even Arthur or Pheonix Wright would have been much better Capcom characters tbh.
Hey Can you link me to this Dante Leaker?

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

Actually, Devil May Cry Director deconfirmed that Dante will be in Smash.

Last edited:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Hey Can you link me to this Dante Leaker?
dante.png

The thing that pushes this above lucky guess is that someone already leaked dmcv info and said dante was in smash too, 2 guys being correct and saying dante is too suspicous for me to ignore.

This guy could be piggybacking off Verge and the DMCV guy, but i have trouble believeing that sadly.

EDIT: Remember last year when Ubisoft said absoloutely no Beyond Good and Evil stuff at E3? Game devs/companies aren't forced to tell the truth

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
View attachment 164168

The thing that pushes this above lucky guess is that someone already leaked dmcv info and said dante was in smash too, 2 guys being correct and saying dante is too suspicous for me to ignore.

This guy could be piggybacking off Verge and the DMCV guy, but i have trouble believeing that sadly.
I say just ignore that guy, Mr. Choco. He just got very lucky, really, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
View attachment 164168

EDIT: Remember last year when Ubisoft said absoloutely no Beyond Good and Evil stuff at E3? Game devs/companies aren't forced to tell the truth
Do you Think someone Inspected the Element? It's kinda easy to make fake prediction leaks.

cothero

Smash Lord
View attachment 164168

If this is true, thank god Geno isn't in the game. Sorry Geno fans, but i just can't see any grace in the character. The same goes for Skull Kid.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
View attachment 164168

Vergeben mention Ken, Isabelle and a Pokemon rep that is NOT Decidueye or Mimikyu few months prior. This leaker heavily piggyback vergeben.

Also, like mention prior, Dante will NOT make it into Smash...according to the Director.

Proof:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Do you Think someone Inspected the Element? It's kinda easy to make fake prediction leaks.
Nah, you can go back to 4chan and find that exact same post right now.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’m mad sus on the whole Dante thing.

Like maybe Sakurai is just a huge DMC fan, but I don’t really see WHY he should be in Smash.
He’s never been on Nintendo before, and he doesn’t have the whole “changed gaming significantly” thing to wave that like Cloud does.
Besides Cloud (who changed RPGs forever, and is from a series that had Nintendo presence in general) and Snake (who was literally just a favor for a friend), all the third parties have had some Nintendo presence.

I don’t know. It just seems weird, especially when this is the big game for the fans and there are still a lot more popular choices than Dante and not too many more slots to go around.

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, repeating what another leaker says isn't all that impressive. I don't know the history behind this ResetEra mod, but if he's basically saying the same thing as Verge, then it's hard to say if he really has inside info or if he's just piggybacking.

And as for Jon, there's an easy explanation - he knew the contents of this specific Direct. If he says he thinks Incineroar is getting in, then that doesn't automatically mean he's "leaking" real newcomers. As strange as it might sound, he might genuinely be predicting a character in a prediction video and nothing else.

Bottomline, I think it's risky to believe any leaker is 100% correct. I said this before, but even Gematsu got a few things wrong, and that wasn't until two months before release when everyone thought it was pure gospel at that point.

People would move on in a heartbeat. It's not even comparable.

That being said, I feel like Ultimate might be Geno's last chance. Sora could get added at any time in Smash history, but Geno probably won't ever have a better opportunity than he does now.
Jon IS the ResetEra mod, and considering ResetEra basically knows more than they let on, the mods at least.....

D

Deleted member

I say just ignore that guy, Mr. Choco. He just got very lucky, really, in my opinion.
Could be lucky....but he did follow it up by directly saying that whenever they decide to show the direct, it will show Isabelle. Not "probably"; not "might"; not even "highly likely". He flat out said "they will show Isabelle". This last direct just had one small smash part and it was the introduction of just Isabelle.

Dante still seems wildly unlikely to me, but there's two possibilities with this leak:
1) He has insider info and knows with 100% certainty who we've got left (which would be Dante, Incineroar, and Ken) while Skully & Geno are out cold
2) He saw the direct after it was supposed to air on the 7th, knew Isabelle would be in since he saw it, and devised a leak around it while encouraging people to 'screencap' his post so that he'd look more legitimate and it'd be difficult to dispute.

In all honesty, I find #2 more likely, but #1 is not entirely impossible.

I've said earlier in this thread (probably like 600 pages ago now), but the most heavily disliked leaks tend to be true. At this moment, one of the things that people would dislike the most would be to find out that Skull Kid and Geno both missed their chance in Smash again.

EDIT: Ah, ok. Proof from the director that Dante's not in; hard to dispute that. Alright, that settles it. #2 is probably what happened then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I'm feeling 2 more smash directs rather than just one. I feel like we still have a lot to go through. Spirits mode will probably take a huge chunk of time. We haven't seen trophies. We haven't seen any of the stadium modes. We haven't seen event mode or all star mode. There's still more assist trophies and pokemon, especially returning ones we haven't seen. There's got to be some kind of stage builder we have yet to see. Hopefully we're getting the return of smash run too. Between that, any new characters, more final smash changes to be shown, and any other surprises, that would be one long *** smash direct if there's only one. I think we'll get one in October and another one in November.
Now that you mention it, depending on the scope of Spirits I could see that having it's own direct. Basically yea I could see two more smash directs but that seems too much like a dream come true than it is in anyway likely

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Actually, Devil May Cry Director deconfirmed that Dante will be in Smash.
Then our most likely Capcom Newcomer will be Street Fighter, Ammy, Phoenix Wright, or someone else I would say Monster Hunter but releasing content of their game into Smash without including them is not a good sign.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
View attachment 164168

I love Dante. He is a gaming icon.

But man, he's never had a lead role on a Nintendo console.

Yes, there is Cloud, but at least Final Fantasy has a presence on Nintendo, not Devil May Cry. idk

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Also, if Dante was under NDA wouldn’t the creator be required to give a vague non-answer? Isn’t that the rule with those kinda things or can you just lie and say no.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Question regarding the 4 main competitors: Banjo, Geno, Isaac, & Skull Kid.

If only two of them got in, which ones would you pick and would you be satisfied?

I’d pick Issac and Banjo for sure.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Vergeben mention Ken, Isabelle and a Pokemon rep that is NOT Decidueye or Mimikyu few months prior. This leaker heavily piggyback vergeben.

Also, like mention prior, Dante will NOT make it into Smash...according to the Director.

Proof:
I get what you said about that proof. But I'm reminding you that it's possible that the creator is in a sort of agreement and thus is covering up.

Untouch

Smash Master
Who even owns the rights to Frogger at the moment? Konami?
Edit: Yes, it's Konami.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Proof:
Oh **** I know the guy who asked that lmao

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
I’m mad sus on the whole Dante thing.

Like maybe Sakurai is just a huge DMC fan, but I don’t really see WHY he should be in Smash.
He’s never been on Nintendo before, and he doesn’t have the whole “changed gaming significantly” thing to wave that like Cloud does.
Besides Cloud (who changed RPGs forever, and is from a series that had Nintendo presence in general) and Snake (who was literally just a favor for a friend), all the third parties have had some Nintendo presence.

I don’t know. It just seems weird, especially when this is the big game for the fans and there are still a lot more popular choices than Dante and not too many more slots to go around.
Metal Gear has had Nintendo games and someone correct me if I'm wrong but MGS 1 was on the NES right?

Really Cloud stands out as not really doing much on Nintendo and Bayo stands out for being a smaller icon, but yeah every third party brought something.

Dante would feel weird for me...

cothero

Smash Lord
I don't understand why you guys think Dante in smash is such a terrible idea. We have Snake, Cloud and Bayo in the game. Let's just remember that Cloud was never in a Nintendo game before, he was pretty much considered a Sony symbol. About the director claiming he's not in the game, that doesn't mean a thing, people often lie to protect a secret.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Mii Costume Theorizing

Confirmed:
Isabelle
Inkling
King K. Rool
Chrom

Deconfirmed:
Mega Man X
Proto Man
Dunban
Zero
Mega Man .EXE
Ashley
Knuckles
Takamaru

Debatable Deconfirmed: (Toon Link on Spirit Tracks Argument)
Flying Man
Toad
Viridi
KK Slider

Remaining:
Skull Kid
Heihachi
Akira
Jacky
Lloyd
Black Knight
Monster Hunter
Geno
Chocobo
Gil
Tails

StormC

Smash Hero
Metal Gear has had Nintendo games and someone correct me if I'm wrong but MGS 1 was on the NES right?

Really Cloud stands out as not really doing much on Nintendo and Bayo stands out for being a smaller icon, but yeah every third party brought something.

Dante would feel weird for me...
A heavily altered port of Metal Gear 1 was on the NES. The original Metal Gear debuted on the MSX2.

Metal Gear Solid 1 would later get a remake on the GameCube called the Twin Snakes.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
If Dante and Simon get in and Banjo doesnt get in then I'll be extremely dissapointed. Simon and Dante are both popular characters but people have been asking for Banjo to be in for way longer and I will put money on it that Banjo did very well in the ballot.

Before the leaks both Simon and Dante weren't mentioned as much as they are now(ESPECIALLY Dante)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Here's what I'm thinking going forward.

- Nothing else this month besides music posts
- Nothing in October
- Early November, a Robin-style video drop happens revealing Incineroar. Said video is accompanied by a Final Smash Direct announcement for later in November
- Final Smash Direct happens, Sakurai explains K. Rool, Isabelle, and Incineroar in-depth. He shows off Ken, Shadow, and maybe Impa as echoes. Spirits Mode is explained. Ends off with a Geno reveal as the final newcomer. May or may not tease a Spring Man DLC reveal a la Mewtwo in 50 Facts.
- Game releases

Just my thoughts.
Well, it will be very interesting to see what will be revealed within the next two months.

Either ways, I really anticipate to see what this "Spirits" mode is going to be like as well as the remaining newcomer and echo characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
If Dante and Simon get in and Banjo doesnt get in then I'll be extremely dissapointed. Simon and Dante are both popular characters but people have been asking for Banjo to be in for way longer and I will put money on it that Banjo did very well in the ballot.

Before the leaks both Simon and Dante weren't mentioned as much as they are now(ESPECIALLY Dante)
Simon was decently popular before the leak. Even going back to Brawl people were hoping for him after Snake got in. He probably just didn't get as much traction as he could due to Konami being Konami. We actually have data suggesting Simon had some sort of performance on the ballot, which we can't say the same for Dante.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Why are people acting like Isabelle was something no one saw coming?
She was part of the Vergeben leak. (as is everything else in his leaks)
Animal Crossing had a pretty large chance of being revealed.
There was a very VERY high chance only one character was being revealed.
There was a very VERY high chance the character revealed was going to be a part of a series already in the game.

These were popular theories before the direct happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom