• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
Lmao where the **** are you buying chocolate bars? I can get like 12 of them with 5 euros
I think you completely misunderstood what I'm saying. Try rereading?

If you want access to the result of work, you have to pay for it. It's the first rule of capitalism.
I mean, no, you don't. I can make something right now and give it to you for free.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
I mean, Corrin and Bayonetta were apparantly hellspawn for some people
Yeah, I get that.
Corrin is just your FE character and people hated Bayonetta for how busted she was. Though, that is a very different reason for disliking DLC, specific DLC that is, not just DLC in general.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Nintendo will fake certain graphics that will be better than their roster to generate false hype and then let fans down just to find leaks?

mmmmm
Could explain why the background in the Grinch leak looks funny then. :^)

mmmmm

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Not the point.
It is when you claim it disadvantages you as a competitive player; if you're so financially strapped that you're whining about the cost of DLC, then you certainly can't afford to burn hundreds to thousands on tournaments to begin with, and thus there's nothing to be "disadvantaged" with (nevermind that you're just as able to still practice against DLC characters you don't have on online and other people's setups).

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I mean, Corrin and Bayonetta were apparantly hellspawn for some people
With the way things are headed I'd prepare for the Corrin/Bayo debacle to be overshadowed by the explosion that will be Incineroar hate. Savor this last day of complaining about the people who didn't like them :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I mean, no, you don't. I can make something right now and give it to you for free.
No I didn't, I just really like chocolate
Yeah, I get that.
Corrin is just your FE character and people hated Bayonetta for how busted she was. Though, that is a very different reason for disliking DLC, specific DLC that is, not just DLC in general.
Oh no, Bayonetta was reviled for being the ballot winner and not My Favourite, check back to old threads from back on that day

osby

Smash Obsessed

Yes, but that doesn't mean I'm entitled to that thing. You're saying you should have DLC free or there shouldn't be DLC at all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No I didn't, I just really like chocolate
sorry but you have to pay for chocolate so it shouldn't exist

i don't make the rules

i'm joking anime-swordfighter man, it's a blatant joke and that's why it misses the point

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I believe that video games are art, and art is a luxury. The value of any individual piece of art is extremely subjective and it's worth is whatever you're willing to pay for it.
I come from that era. I never changed my mind and I probably never will.
I mean I also come from that era to but you do you.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Oh no, Bayonetta was reviled for being the ballot winner and not My Favourite, check back to old threads from back on that day
Ooh, yea ok I get what you mean now. Yeah, I definitely could see that. But still, people only hated those specific DLC characters, not the whole DLC concept.

Vrbtm

*Glances at avatar*

Ironic.
Fire Emblem is not an anime and I don't even like the franchise. Roy is just my Melee main because I'm a filthy casual in that game.

I should probably change it to something else if people are going to assume that I like FE because of it.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Whatever, it wasn't originally created by Nintendo which is what I'm trying to say.
That's not how IP rights ownership works. If you said it was DEVELOPED by Silicon Knights, then there wouldn't have been a problem with your statement.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Also the inevitable "**** YOU SAKURAI THIS ISN'T THE CHARACTER I WANTED HOW DARE YOU I WILL HATE YOU FOREVER MORE". Bonus points if 3 years later they go "Oh thank you Sakurai, this means a lot to us, we'll make a thank you card. By the way that thing from 3 years ago is still bull****"
Come on now. A vast majority of us in the K Rool thread were extremely salty but we never made it personal to Sakurai. Indeed, the person who made the thank you card ( BKupa666 BKupa666 ) was fastidious in stamping out that kind of behaviour out if it did happen. Throwing the card up as if it's some kind of hypocrisy is tacky at best.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Skip this if you don't want pessimism, but I feel it's worth saying.

After a night's sleep I've come to a conclusion: Vergeben is probably right on Isaac.

What this is based on, though, is this: I'm good at patterns. I know when folks are being consistent.

Verge sticking to the Smash community at the last minute like this is consistent. We know he's a prick. We know he's bitter at the community, particularly GameFaqs. We know everyone's saying ATs are in the banner, and we know that the obvious choices are former ATs. IF the banner is wrong, this would probably be how it is.

It still sucks and he'd still be a prick, though.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
So having an opinion don't mean you should be an jerk about it. I don't care about DLC that much, but still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want you all to take a look at this quick list for a moment and see any consistencies.

PapaGenos - Leak is completely real, theorizes that Incineroar is DLC.​
Leak Review - Isaac is at least the one person in.​
Mystic - Isaac and Geno are in, leak is fake. Then goes on to say Emily is right and closes down his twitter.​
Vergeben - Incineroar, Isaac assist, Minecraft content.​
Emily Rogers - Multiple characters are assists, the leak is fake.​
Tom Phillips - Leak is fake, Banjo-Kazooie aren't in.​
NateDrake - Leak is completely fake.​
Liam Robertson - Leak is completely fake, believes Banjo-Kazooie won't be in due to "muh pride" and race.​
GameXplain - Leak is completely fake, it's too blurry.​
You guys see any consistencies? I sure do, because the one thing consistent is that everyone has different info. And isn't it weird how just very recently they're coming out with this "info"? Not to mention, a good amount of these "insiders" have a lot of stuff they got wrong, too. Never forget Mother 3 and how apparently the Nintendo Switch 2017 Presentation was all completely wrong.

People who believe the Grinch Leak have some grounded evidence to back up their claims, while a lot of these people just only say what they have, which most likely might be bait by Nintendo and Bandai Namco. That's pretty much why people ask "do you have evidence, can we see it?" because people who believe the leak have a vast amount of evidence to back up their points.

The Direct is almost in 24 hours. Until then, looks like we're gonna have one more day of hell to go through.

Vrbtm

None of the characters are even 'anime' (A.k.a an cartoon )
All video game characters are cartoons.

That said, when I describe Xenoblade as anime trash, I obviously mean "anime-inspired" trash. I use a lot of shorthand because I'm a human being who is lazy.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Vergeben was never a idiot talking about leaks.
The way he posted the Isaac AT makes me believe he is just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom