• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Gonna miss these Ridley alts.

Too bad they were placeholders.
Too bad we can't just get more alts. I'm gonna miss Fire Mario as well. Not to mention that there are loads of possible Link/Zelda/Dorf ones using their previous looks.

DLC costumes when?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
> Million Arthur in Smash

View attachment 176770

We finally hit the bottom of the barrel, huh?
To be fair, she showed up in SNK Heroines, so unlike Katalina she has SOME Western exposure…

As far as mobile characters go though.

What if we actually get Cooking Mama in the end? Her most recent games are on mobile phones, it's been a bit since she's been on a Ninty console.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
My boy olimar is at the top, yay.

But my boys little mac, kirby and Jr. are at the bottom, :ohwell:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The only change I've seen that legitimately pissed me off is that his down air no longer breaks shields. That's not enough to write him off entirely
Heck, dair shield melt was barely a major aspect to begin with. If anything, Yoshi may be better since you can reverse his down B, which leads to some interesting crossups and setups.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Super Castlevania IV
Order of Eccesia
Castlevania Chronicles
Symphony of the Night
Portrait of Ruin

Top 5 Castlevanias for me.
Cant do it as a top five but...

Favorite Metroidvanias- Symphony of the Night and Aria of Sorrow

Favorite 3d-vania- Lament of Innocence (havent played curse of darkness yet)

Favorite Classicvanias- Super Castlevania 4, Rondo of Blood, and Castlevania II

no not that one
This one:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Why's Rondo of Blood so good?
The gameplay is great, the levels too, the dramatisation, the gameplay, the anime style, the graphics, the bestiary, the gameplay, the gameplay, the gameplay and it came on the greatest console ever made : the PC-Engine. :shades:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I really wish people would stop sleeping on Dedede. He's been buffed in literally every way, there's no way he won't be at least D or C tier.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I remember that! It's almost as if GameFreak is encouraging it...
salazzle2.png

I mean this pokemon creates harems of males and tmk was inferred to be able to and willing to with human males as well so it's more than possible.

On the topic I stop at actual animals as well. Gotta be humonoid. Though I hold exceptions for some pokemon as while some are obvious analogues for animals others are humonoid or intelligent enough to be considered more than animals imo

KMDP

Smash Legend
Too bad we can't just get more alts. I'm gonna miss Fire Mario as well. Not to mention that there are loads of possible Link/Zelda/Dorf ones using their previous looks.

DLC costumes when?
Nintendo provide all the Super Mario Odyssey Mario costumes and all the Yarn Yoshi costumes to Mario and Yoshi as paid DLC.

It prints money!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh my god, I just thought of the worst scenario possible

The fact that Granblue was put on the table might mean that Nintendo is looking for a Gacha rep to appeal to the mobile game market. But what if that Gacha rep is the one and the same as the new Square rep and we're getting a character from the ****ing Million Arthur series
I'd rather stick with Katalina, as she's already kinda grown on me
Gonna miss these Ridley alts.

Too bad they were placeholders.
Quite a shame too... I would have loved the one on the right, as it would've made me feel like I was playing as a Xenomorph

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well you were excited to see Pikachu and Inkling on top in that tier list, so you care a little bit :yoshi:
I do care a bit, but it's more like "hey, my character is good. now I can wreck my friend" as opposed too "hey, my character is good. now I can win a tournament"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Yeah I saw that tier list thing. It reinforces the hearsay that Junior has gotten worse, although I've seen a reddit post detailing how he had improved in a lot of areas and the notion he was overall nerfed is an exaggeration. I certainly hope so.

I don't particularly desire a powerful fighter to use because any victories I acquire (all two that I'll probably get) are due to me using something "OP" (as someone who voted for Bayo in the Smash ballot and thus intends to play her frequently, I'm weary of that reaction). But I also don't want to be using a fighter that makes playing an uphill battle when I'm not exactly skilled enough to compensate so I get frustrated.

According to that list, Incineroar is average, which is a happy medium between those two outcomes so I'd be happy with that.

Interestingly Squirtle and Ivysaur are strong, with the Trainer overall ranked as strong. So good but not overbearingly so, which is also highly acceptable. Charizard is average, weaker than the others, pretty ironic. No way I wouldn't use all three playing Trainer though.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well you were excited to see Pikachu and Inkling on top in that tier list, so you care a little bit :yoshi:
Well, at the most the Tier list does influence which characters will be seen in tournaments from a spectator view I suppose.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
who do I have to assult and kill to get Muramasa on switch?
How about PS4 first of all, the port is consigned to the forsaken Vita.

Nintendo provide all the Super Mario Odyssey Mario costumes and all the Yarn Yoshi costumes to Mario and Yoshi as paid DLC.

It prints money!
Sakurai faints upon seeing the design plans. :laugh:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I do care a bit, but it's more like "hey, my character is good. now I can wreck my friend" as opposed too "hey, my character is good. now I can win a tournament"
I'm not a competitive player either, but I care enough about it as it either validates my boi being respected or crushes it...

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm not a competitive player either, but I care enough about it as it either validates my boi being respected or crushes it...
I suppose so.
It would be nice to see a Yoshi or a Wario or a Dedede at a tournament. As opposed to Bayo and Diddy again.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Kos-Mos appears in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 along with t-Elos, so she's possible.
Problem is that if they are going to pick a Xeno character, they could either go with Rex or Elma who are both owned by Nintendo and are probably more popular nowadays. Plus, if Nintendo is picking it, they will probably prioritize their own characters.

D

Deleted member

I don't really get into competitive Smash that much, so tier lists mean nothing to me.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Y'all talking about your mains being top tier and I'm over here like
"Oh my boy is bottom??? Can't wait to kick all my friend's butts anyway and feel accomplished"

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
Let's see where all of the characters in my signature are. (bolded & colored refers to the ones I'm seriously planning to main/second)
- 1 is extremely strong (Lucina)
- 4 are very strong (Lucario, Mewtwo, Sonic, King K. Rool)
- 5 are strong (Corrin, Zelda, Wolf, Meta Knight, Inkling)
- 5 are average (Ridley, Ganondorf, Greninja, Pichu, Rosalina & Luma)
- 2 are weak (Jigglypuff, Pac-Man)
- 4 are very weak (Bowser Jr., Bowser, Palutena, Dark Samus)
- 1 is unknown (Piranha Plant)

Looks like my past mains aren't doing too well... fantastic. A lot of the characters that I second/play on occasion are looking really good
Lucario, Ganondorf, and Pichu are WAY higher than I though they would, especially Lucario (who was my tied for my Brawl 3rd along w/ Wolf).
Rosalina seemed to really drop off from Smash 4.
Overall, my mains/seconds are all over the place. This'll be interesting...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, no one wants their character to outright trash. Here's to hoping Mega Man's still mid-tier at least. Though he seems to have some buffs anyway.

KMDP

Smash Legend
View attachment 176769

I mean this pokemon creates harems of males and tmk was inferred to be able to and willing to with human males as well so it's more than possible.

On the topic I stop at actual animals as well. Gotta be humonoid. Though I hold exceptions for some pokemon as while some are obvious analogues for animals others are humonoid or intelligent enough to be considered more than animals imo
*puts on Grammar Nazi costume* You mean "implied", "inferring" is something you do in response to implication. *takes off Grammar Nazi costume*

Salazzle and Tsareena are... interesting choices in design. :laugh: Certainly more on the nose than Gardevoir was.
We need our top tier Pichu :pichumelee:
The best timeline.

Noipoi

Howdy!
*puts on Grammar Nazi costume* You mean "implied", "inferring" is something you do in response to implication. *takes off Grammar Nazi costume*

Salazzle and Tsareena are... interesting choices in design. :laugh: Certainly more on the nose than Gardevoir was.
Tsareena's weird, but I love it. I used one in my first playthrough and it kicked butt, it's earned a special place in my heart ever since.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y'all talking about your mains being top tier and I'm over here like
"Oh my boy is bottom??? Can't wait to kick all my friend's butts anyway and feel accomplished"
If Pokemon Trainer is high tier like people expect, I'm really going to miss all of the positive attention I received for maining Zard.

I'm still really excited to see Zard be viable but I won't have that underdog status that I used to. Maybe I'll pick up a low tier as a secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom