• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Gardevoir is among the most popular Pokémon, regardless of who makes up that group and why they like it.
Yeah we all know why we like Gardevoir......

Because it's All the upsides of Alakazam without being a total Glass Cannon. Right?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Super Castlevania IV
Order of Eccesia
Castlevania Chronicles
Symphony of the Night
Portrait of Ruin

Top 5 Castlevanias for me.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Besides, It's not like I have a deep rooted insecurity that i'm not good enough for love and sometimes seeing other people be happy together reminds me that i'm a sorry excuse of a person who should probably just stop breathing or anything.
Need a hug, Noi...?...buddy...?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You're all sleeping on my boi again. If the meta shifts to edgeguarding and Yoshi is one one of the harder characters to get off stage like usual, he'd have no problem...

The only change I've seen that legitimately pissed me off is that his down air no longer breaks shields. That's not enough to write him off entirely

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well.....there is technically Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. And isn't there also MvC 2?
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Come to think of it, the reason why people want Roll as an echo is because of the latter game, isn't it?

With the foxgirl guides as an AT? :3
Peach princess would be fun though
As neat as Vanillaware stuff would be, it'd need to be pared down to hell and back, unfortunately. Granted she's safe as far as their characters go.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I never pay too much mind to the tier lists, during Smash 4 I beat a number of 'top-tier' characters with Shulk multiple times in my very casual play of the game, mostly because Shulk was the major one I played so I knew the character enough to get by in general matches online. Not everyone can pick up a top tier and simply dominate. The tiers only matter at higher levels of play where both players have a mastery of the game mechanics to the point where those differences between characters add up where they don't on a casual basis.
I was thinking, maybe a tier chart would be more accurate and useful than a simple tier list.

Yes, :4bayonetta:is better than :4cloud:, but Cloud has a much, much lower skill ceiling.

Of course, you'd need the community to adopt such an idea, and the simple tier list has worked for years, so... *shrug*
Yeah we all know why we like Gardevoir......

Because it's All the upsides of Alakazam without being a total Glass Cannon. Right?
I mean, obviously, right?

D

Deleted member

Super Castlevania IV
Order of Eccesia
Castlevania Chronicles
Symphony of the Night
Portrait of Ruin

Top 5 Castlevanias for me.
Mine goes like this:
#1. Aria of Sorrow
#2. Super Castlevania IV
#3. Symphony of The Night/Portrait of Ruin
#4. Order of Ecclisia
#5. Dawn of Sorrow

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Besides, It's not like I have a deep rooted insecurity that i'm not good enough for love and sometimes seeing other people be happy together reminds me that i'm a sorry excuse of a person who should probably just stop breathing or anything.
Damn that's relatable.

Just work on yourself and be happy being single and something will come along.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You're all sleeping on my boi again. If the meta shifts to edgeguarding and Yoshi is one one of the harder characters to get off stage like usual, he'd have no problem...

The only change I've seen that legitimately pissed me off is that his down air no longer breaks shields. That's not enough to write him off entirely
Hmm... Yoshi is a character hard to get off the stage...?

*imagines a world where Tails is playable and has his carry ability as a part of his move-set*

Yoshi and Tails OP in Doubles, pls nerf.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I was thinking, maybe a tier chart would be more accurate and useful than a simple tier list.

Yes, :4bayonetta:is better than :4cloud:, but Cloud has a much, much lower skill ceiling.

Of course, you'd need the community to adopt such an idea, and the simple tier list has worked for years, so... *shrug*

I mean, obviously, right?
I just mostly accept that the tier list doesn't matter to me as I don't have the time, energy, or desire to play competitively lol. I will likely play online like I did in Smash 4 and remain among those like me or are worse then me lol

D

Deleted member

Nah, I just need to get my life together.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I'm trying, it just gets hard sometimes y'know?
I understand you man. I know it all too well. Just...Don't do anything drastic, alright?
Symphony of the Night
Rondo of Blood
Aria of Sorrow
Super Castlevania IV
Dawn of Sorrow
Why's Rondo of Blood so good?

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I haven't read every page so it might've already been posted, but past just Zero's impressions, this chart amalgamates his with Nairo's, Abadango's, Marcbri's, and Dabuz'.

As someone who has one character in average, two in strong, and then five in the top two, I'd be all smiles with this.
>Luigi and Wario are practically at rock bottom
This is bullcrap.

Ah well, at least :ultduckhunt: is higher on this, and :ultkrool:and my princesses are looking good.

Furries man. An enigma they are.
Speaking as a partial furry, I cross the line at actual regular animals. Humanoids are fine, but regular is just weird and wrong.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
D

Deleted member

The fun part is as of gen 4 pokemon and humans being together was made canon, along with the girl in the Sun and Moon demo waiting for her boyfriend Machamp apparently
I remember that! It's almost as if GameFreak is encouraging it...

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god, I just thought of the worst scenario possible

The fact that Granblue was put on the table might mean that Nintendo is looking for a Gacha rep to appeal to the mobile game market. But what if that Gacha rep is the one and the same as the new Square rep and we're getting a character from the ****ing Million Arthur series

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Why's Rondo of Blood so good?
Allow me:

Ricther was one of the most likable Belmont's
It featured Maria Renard who was also amazingly fun to play as
Was the first Castlevania since III (i think bloodlines came after) that featured more than one playable characters
Being on a CD Based Console it had some of the BEST music in the series
Multiple Branching Paths
It had optional objectives to get a 100% ending
It introduced the Item Crash, which was satisfying as all hell to do

Thats just to start..

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Dangit. Just saw Gardevoir in the Pokeball listing on the site.. Not that it woulda been even REMOTELY likely as DLC but cmon! SO much for Generation 3..
Grovyle's still in the running. I'd honestly say he's the only good option left. A Spinoff character would set itself apart from the 10 others.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yes, She was kind of a joke character in that game, and I'll welcome any joke character we can get

You just can't beat Richter...
I would laugh if her toolset was mostly like MM's, with broom attacks added, only for her FS to suddenly be Hyper Roll.

look, if Smash already had Heihachi, Nightmare, Lloyd, and Klonoa in it, her name might get mentioned somewhere, so no reason to give up yet!
Bamco have hung around with Sakurai for so long at this point that they caught his modest; they don't add any of their own characters beyond the Pac.

As long as it doesn't take another game for that to change...

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
IMO KOS-MOS isn't actually in the running
How so? She's one of the only few Namco characters who never got a cameo or a mention in Smash yet. She's perfectly viable given her history in Namco with crossing over other games, and she's dipped her feet in Nintendo waters before. The only reason Heihachi is mentioned at all is because he's a safe pick and Lloyd because he's another sword user.

All we're saying is, don't underestimate her.

D

Deleted member

Did anyime try to actually compile the changes to Shulk after all that gameplay came out or do I still need to wait the game to come out to find out if he got an actual buff?

D

Deleted member

The fact that Granblue was put on the table might mean that Nintendo is looking for a Gacha rep to appeal to the mobile game market. But what if that Gacha rep is the one and the same as the new Square rep and we're getting a character from the ****ing Million Arthur series
> Million Arthur in Smash

am I a... monster.png

We finally hit the bottom of the barrel, huh?

D

Deleted member

Who the hell is Million Arthur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom