• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beans

Smash Lord
Changing gears a bit, if we got a second Bandai Namco rep, and it was a rep from Tekken. Do you think it would be Heihachi or Jin? Normally I would say its Heihachi, as he makes the most sense. However with him dying in Tekken 7 and the next Tekken being focused on Jin. I can see them choosing to go with Jin as he is now the main focus of the Tekken story.
Maybe Jin, since Heihachi's VA died. I dont think they would put him with pre-recorded sounds or with a sound-alike out of respect for the man.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We really need to see some SNK rep in Smash. Terry Bogard or Kyo Kusanagi. I just need to see someone get in (both of those two would be really good though).
Or considering the reboot: Haohmaru. listen if i had to choose between an archetype we've yet to see vs ken with a trucker hat i'm taking the damn samurai

Bionichute

Smash Champion
User was warned for this post
Still who?
shut the **** up dude, some people actually do like yokai watch no matter what your pokemon loving ass says. people want characters form that game in smash too, so don't be a piece of **** about things other people like

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I did consider Eirika and Ephraim, but didn't think they'd be too likely. Thanks for saying so, though.
Yeah I don't think they're likely either, but they are part of my top FE characters I'd like to see playable, mostly Ephraim. Just wanted to point out that I like them more than the Warriors twins lol. Also, I think Ephraim is a spirit, or I could be wrong. If he is I'm now curious to see what kind of spirit battle/challenge will he bring.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
shut the **** up dude, some people actually do like yokai watch no matter what your pokemon loving *** says. people want characters form that game in smash too, so don't be a piece of **** about things other people like
To be fair, it is your fault you can't say Jibanyan. He either doesn't know the series or is literally asking the character because spoiler alert: There's a lot of things in Yo-Kai Watch. Your rage is blind, as is your misunderstanding and apparent assumption-loving spree.

If you want my suggestion: maybe take your wise words of wisdom and apply them to yourself

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
shut the **** up dude, some people actually do like yokai watch no matter what your pokemon loving *** says. people want characters form that game in smash too, so don't be a piece of **** about things other people like
yokai watch

also god i hope granblue lady is ****ing dead, this will be the worst batch of dlc in anything ever if that happens
a better character
Mhm you should never do that

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
There really isn't a need for you to be this aggressive. Just saying.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
To be fair, it is your fault you can't say Jibanyan.
he specifically talked about third party franchises exclusive to nintendo consoles though, and i said that yokai watch was also exclusive to nintendo consoles and a third party and he just went "EHHH WHOOOOOOOOOO??????" like a massive ass

There really isn't a need for you to be this aggressive. Just saying.
i'd actually like for my point to be acknowledged instead of shoved off like it doesn't matter twice in a row

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
he specifically talked about third party franchises exclusive to nintendo consoles though, and i said that yokai watch was also exclusive to nintendo consoles and a third party and he just went "EHHH WHOOOOOOOOOO??????" like a massive ***
I mean I still don't know who you're talking about personally

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
he specifically talked about third party franchises exclusive to nintendo consoles though, and i said that yokai watch was also exclusive to nintendo consoles and a third party and he just went "EHHH WHOOOOOOOOOO??????" like a massive ***
Yeah, he asked a legitimate question. Who from Yo-Kai Watch? Take some anger mangement classes buddy.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Heihachi
No one plays Tekken for the story I think they're aware of this
Jin can be as important as he want; Heihachi has always been the king of Tekken in both insider and outsider contexts
That's a fair point, most people do not know the storyline of Tekken. Heihachi is the face of Tekken so he makes sense, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it in. I think the Jin angle could work to an extent. If they wanted to draw more interest in Jin and try to make him the new face of Tekken like they tried to do in Tekken 3. If Bandai Namco wanted to go in this direction and try to make Jin the new face of Tekken due to Heihachi dying in Tekken 7, they may choose to put Jin instead.

Because Verge is the dark lord, happy birthday, yadda yadda.

Jin. :ultincineroar: is basically Heihachi right now, so we could give :ultpacman: a villain to fight if Jin gets in.

I could see this sort of happening, Jin is more of an Anti hero than a villain though.

The thing is this argument can be used for a lot of other third party fighters. It's not about advertising the series-ANY third party has the cons of doing that-it's about advertising the specific game, and with KH3 coming up I'm not sure they'd take the dive.
I suppose we will have to see what happens. Either way im excited, whether its Geno,Sora or Erdrick Im excited to see who Nintendo and Square have chosen. And even if Sora does not happen, KH3 will definitely make up for it.

xleft

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0885-3621-8019
Changing gears a bit, if we got a second Bandai Namco rep, and it was a rep from Tekken. Do you think it would be Heihachi or Jin? Normally I would say its Heihachi, as he makes the most sense. However with him dying in Tekken 7 and the next Tekken being focused on Jin. I can see them choosing to go with Jin as he is now the main focus of the Tekken story.
I doubt the next Tekken is coming anytime soon anyway

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's a fair point, most people do not know the storyline of Tekken. Heihachi is the face of Tekken so he makes sense, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it in. I think the Jin angle could work to an extent. If they wanted to draw more interest in Jin and try to make him the new face of Tekken like they tried to do in Tekken 3. If Bandai Namco wanted to go in this direction and try to make Jin the new face of Tekken due to Heihachi dying in Tekken 7, they may choose to put Jin instead.
I think Heihachi joining Smash could be his "last hurrah" does that make sense? After that I feel they'd try to phase him out.
Honestly not sure if they ever WILL try. In Injustice 2 they included the Joker though he was already dead because he's THE JOKER. I'd imagine the same goes for Heihachi in Tekken.

beans

Smash Lord

i'd actually like for my point to be acknowledged instead of shoved off like it doesn't matter twice in a row
You know, maybe it was an actual question?
As in asking who would be the Yokai Watch rep?
I mean there are a ton of yokai so it is a fair question.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, Yokai Watch failed miserably in America to catch on, and even in Japan it's going the way of the "90's-early 2000's Monster game craze" game.

My local Gamestop is full of discounted stuff from Yokai Watch.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think Heihachi joining Smash could be his "last hurrah" does that make sense? After that I feel they'd try to phase him out.
Honestly not sure if they ever WILL try. In Injustice 2 they included the Joker though he was already dead because he's THE JOKER. I'd imagine the same goes for Heihachi in Tekken.
Depends on the timing. If the DLC pickings happened as soon as some of us think, that ship sailed as far as getting new voice recordings go.

inb4 we get Kazuya instead

I do think Jin's and Kazuya's devil gene might bring something to Smash that Heihachi won't bring
Yeah, Sakurai did have trouble thinking how he could adapt Heihachi anyway, didn't he?

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
You know, maybe it was an actual question?
As in asking who would be the Yokai Watch rep?
I mean there are a ton of yokai so it is a fair question.
that wasn't even what i was trying to make a point for, i was just saying that yokai watch was also a third party series thats exclusive to nintendo platforms, much like etrian odyssey is. the way he worded it in a single word way with no clear indication of what he meant comes off as rude and condescending

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, Yokai Watch failed miserably in America to catch on, and even in Japan it's going the way of the "90's-early 2000's Monster game craze" game.

I tried to overtake Pokemon, but at this point Pokemon is immortal.

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
The thing is this argument can be used for a lot of other third party fighters. It's not about advertising the series-ANY third party has the cons of doing that-it's about advertising the specific game, and with KH3 coming up I'm not sure they'd take the dive.
That's not really how that works lol

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The only thing I would like about Steve in Smash is the Announcer saying his name.

Nothing fancy or epic just...”STEEEEEEEVE!”

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
that wasn't even what i was trying to make a point for, i was just saying that yokai watch was also a third party series thats exclusive to nintendo platforms, much like etrian odyssey is. the way he worded it in a single word way with no clear indication of what he meant comes off as rude and condescending
And NO ONE would wanna be rude! Next he's gonna tell you to "shut the **** up" for misunderstanding what he said.

beans

Smash Lord

Yeah, they got a bad USA publisher, who didnt sell the brand enough here. Sad really, someone needed to give Gamefreak a run for they money

inb4 we get Kazuya instead

I do think Jin's and Kazuya's devil gene might bring something to Smash that Heihachi won't bring
Oh man, I cant wait for a new counter.

Shroob

Sup?
I tried to overtake Pokemon, but at this point Pokemon is immortal.
Pretty much.

If I were to make a tier list of "Collectable Monster" stuff, it'd probably go like:

S Tier:

Pokemon

A Tier:

Yugioh(Does this count? Yugioh still seems hella popular), Digimon

B Tier: Beyblade, Yokai watch

C Tier: Monster Rancher

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The only thing I would like about Steve in Smash is the Announcer saying his name.

Nothing fancy or epic just...”STEEEEEEEVE!”
Actually Steve has a ? at the end of his name when he's shown in other titles.

So it'd be more like a s-steve?

Bionichute

Smash Champion

this is actually incorrect, the series is still more popular than digimon in japan (yokai watch 4 is showing up on famitsu's most wanted list relatively high up and consistently) and the game themselves aren't failures, they do very well in europe and are marginally profitable in the US. its not exactly a dead franchise anywhere.

and it never tried to overtake pokemon, that just kind of happened at one point and now pokemon is back on top again

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Pretty much.

If I were to make a tier list of "Collectable Monster" stuff, it'd probably go like:

S Tier:

Pokemon

A Tier:

Yugioh(Does this count? Yugioh still seems hella popular), Digimon

B Tier: Beyblade, Yokai watch

C Tier: Monster Rancher
What about Bakugan?

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Maybe Jin, since Heihachi's VA died. I dont think they would put him with pre-recorded sounds or with a sound-alike out of respect for the man.
I had no idea that happened, due to this information I could them choosing not to put him in then. It is possible they may find another VA though, its a tricky situation.

Hmm that is true, so they might put him in for that reason. However due to his VA dying as stated above, and them trying to shift focus on putting Jin as the new face of Tekken. They may choose to go the Jin route, I suppose we will have to wait and see. Side note im all for Jin vs Ryu in Smash, but Heihachi would be nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom