• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If the copyrights are only for fighters then that means Verg's leak for Minecraft "content" could still be true. It just means we'll be getting a stage or Assist. Not Steve as a fighter.
Creeper Assist trophy confirmed! :p

Actually, me too. I'm not his biggest fan but he seems like he could be a cool fighter.
But he'd just be another anime swordsuser! :troll:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
People who make fake leaks need to pay attention to the ones that were real. The real leak are usually short and blunt. They never go into details and they never talk about small things like character skins.

They need to try harder.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

This is from the end of Palutena's trailer, before Pac-Man was revealed.
They definitely added copyrights over that time. And with that, we could assume the same thing happened to the Smash Bros. 4 Website.

I would assume this applies to the Smash Wii U and 3DS menu copyright credits as well.
does that kill the theory then?
Huh, a theory that was made and debunked within a day, impressive.
I have absolutely no idea of what theory we are talking about

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Mr. L costume always sounds so stupid and unrealistic to me.

Luigi and Paper Luigi are not even the same character.
Not saying Mr. L is going to happen (it won't) but plenty of fighters have costumes based on different characters.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Not saying Mr. L is going to happen (it won't) but plenty of fighters have costumes based on different characters.
Costumes or recolours?
At most I can see a Luigi with black overalls, and that will probably not happen.

PM made a lot of things that make no sense, like Mr. L and... Shadow Queen Peach lol, that one always make me laugh.
Not only that's not Paper Peach in Brawl, but why would Peach be possessed by the Shadow Queen in Smash, and make the same attacks as normal Peach but dark. "I'm the Queen of Darkness, take my dark booty attack!"

Reminds me of the people who wanted Macho Dedede as Dedede's new Final Smash, sure Dedede would want to be possessed by a dark entity on purpose only to make an attack, even when he has a lot of potential for more Final Smashes that make more sense and are not bad for the King himself.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Costumes or recolours?
If the character being referenced is basically a recolour anyway, there isn't any practical difference between the two. Dark Link is just a different coloured Link, but that's all that differentiates the two characters in terms of design. Mr. L is a bit more than just a recolour, but I don't see why it would matter if they gave Luigi a relevant costume. Just say 'hey look, Luigi's dressing up as Mr. L for Halloween' or something.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If the character being referenced is basically a recolour anyway, there isn't any practical difference between the two. Dark Link is just a different coloured Link, but that's all that differentiates the two characters in terms of design. Mr. L is a bit more than just a recolour, but I don't see why it would matter if they gave Luigi a relevant costume. Just say 'hey look, Luigi's dressing up as Mr. L for Halloween' or something.
I mean, it could happen, but it's just super unlikely IMO.
Luigi has a loooot of potential for other costumes that make much more sense.

Eru13

Smash Apprentice
Edit: trying to delete an acciental quote in mobile is hard

As for my actual post

You guys think we're getting news today or all hope is dead?

Last edited:

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Just played Luigi's mansion the original. And was hugely impressed by the game, great atmosphere and ambience which is missing in the sequels.

Absolute criminal they turned them from adventure games into action games. Where's the exploration and open ended nature? Where's the gameboy horror allowing us to scan the environment metroid prime style?

Really peeved at Mansion 3 when I saw it was using the second games style. It was on the 3ds so I understood the second game but on a console completely out of order, I hope the 3rd game tanks and Nintendo learns what we want from established franchises notbutchering their original genre to make it more kid friendly. I want adventure horror resident evil style Lugi's masion back.

And I know people will be like well it was never a adventure horror game like Silent Hill but between the keys resulted to open doors, the mansion to explore at our own leisure none liner style it was exactly that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People who make fake leaks need to pay attention to the ones that were real. The real leak are usually short and blunt. They never go into details and they never talk about small things like character skins.

They need to try harder.
To be fair, Ninka did mention character skins, namely all the Koopalings and a Bowser color(that actually became the first evidence it had)

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Edit: trying to delete an acciental quote in mobile is hard

As for my actual post

You guys think we're getting news today or all hope is dead?
I think hope is dead but we have 6 minutes till a potential announcement. And a trailer drop could come any time really.

The first tweet today was about Splatoon amiibo so I doubt anything is happening though

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
People who come up wiy
I think hope is dead but we have 6 minutes till a potential announcement. And a trailer drop could come any time really.

The first tweet today was about Splatoon amiibo so I doubt anything is happening though
Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom