• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
They only added one video to the character playlist... It's only gonna be one Character
I've heard from someone on here that you can't hide a video. Even if it's private, it'll show up in the playlist but couldn't be watched. So something changed, but we don't know what. It still happened prior to reveals, so it still might mean something.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I've heard from someone on here that you can't hide a video. Even if it's private, it'll show up in the playlist but couldn't be watched. So something changed, but we don't know what. It still happened prior to reveals, so it still might mean something.
This is true.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm really digging Ganondorf's new design
I'm probably in the minority, but I like his Wind Waker design the best. Something about him being this heavyset guy in a kimono still able to do all these crazy flips when fighting Link & Zelda.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
“Now, before the world ends, I would like to introduce our new fighters in smash bros. After this we will have the full game able to play, courtesy of Sakurai, we will be able to play before the world ends. REJOICE!”
I just remembered, I think the fat guy was ****ing Mike Stoklasa.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Unlike the box theory this is actually believable.
Nice bait.

Im not a follower of "any theory", i just like to believe in realistic expectations. Like anyone expecting more than 5 newcomers is in for a dissapointment. Or people expecting super obscure / irrelevant characters worldwide .

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Ah, yes, who could forget the Nintendo lootbox scandal, the Nintendo on-disc DLC scandal, or the Nintendo pay-to-win micro-transaction scandal?
Just adding examples doesn't detract from my point.

Nintendo is known for many frankly anti consumer practices.

Obviously they make exceptional games but lets not pretend they havent tried to extort us for cash on more than one occasion

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
It's a fake, a dude went on reddit and explained the whole process as to how he made it and everything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9l6c7e/my_very_own_fake_leak/

Honestly a really good fake leak for the limited tools at his disposal. Really wish it was true though :(:(:(
You know, considering the support I've seen for Ken on Game FAQs forums hinges on a similar kind of image (Ken standing on a stage with other fighters) that people assume is real (saying it looks too real to be fake) this kind of thing just might debunk that. As far as I know that's the primary leg Ken supporters have to stand on and if that above image can be faked so can the Ken one.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
You know, considering the support I've seen for Ken on Game FAQs forums hinges on a fake image that people assume is real (saying it looks too real to be fake) this kind of thing just might debunk that. As far as I know that's the primary leg Ken supporters have to stand on and if that above image can be faked so can the Ken one.
Except the Ken leak hinges on more than just no one coming out about. The creator of this fake leak even said people already figured it was a fake before he came out.

No one has been able to point out anything wrong with the Ken photo. People have actually pointed out stuff (like the very specific shadow glitch) that actually make it more likely.

Doesn't mean the photo can't be faked (Palutena "leak") but it's not fair to compare these photos at all. The Shadow & Geno one wasn't that convincing.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
You know, considering the support I've seen for Ken on Game FAQs forums hinges on a fake image that people assume is real (saying it looks too real to be fake) this kind of thing just might debunk that. As far as I know that's the primary leg Ken supporters have to stand on and if that above image can be faked so can the Ken one.
ehhhh that's a big stretch

saying that one fake leak is really well made and thus another image must now also be fake is really bad logic.

Ken is very likely in for a number of reasons other than just that image, but the Ken leak image has not been proven to be fake by anyone. I honestly can't see how it's fake and if it is, Ken is likely in anyway.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Uh ... So that Reddit newcomers poll ended.
Shall we talk about it? The data they got is pretty interesting

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Except the Ken leak hinges on more than just no one coming out about. The creator of this fake leak even said people already figured it was a fake before he came out.

No one has been able to point out anything wrong with the Ken photo. People have actually pointed out stuff (like the very specific shadow glitch) that actually make it more likely.

Doesn't mean the photo can't be faked (Palutena "leak") but it's not fair to compare these photos at all. The Shadow & Geno one wasn't that convincing.
Oh, okay. You make good points there.

I kind of hope it isn't real (or at least the "box theory" isn't), but eh, it might be. Honestly I'm surprised and thrilled with what characters we do have (Mewtwo's been my main in Melee, and if Skull Kid doesn't get in I'm totally maining Ridley and Mewtwo)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That Geno & Shadow image just came from the Legacy XP mod for Brawl, except he may have changed the portraits used.

I don't think Geno would have the yellow under his hat; that's a fan-design choice.

edit: so yeah, it can't be compared to the Ken image, because it's technically real anyway except it has Brawl graphics

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
It goes to show how Geno support is really almost exclusive to the US and Banjo has a much wider appeal than I'd have initially thought.

There were some other interesting tidbits too, like how retaliatory some fanbases were, and how many people voted exclusively against sword users.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My whatsapp friends told me that sakurai accidently tweeted this . Is that true?

Even if that were real, why would Sakurai tweet an off-screen blurry photo that, other than having unrevealed characters, is super unremarkable?

That Geno & Shadow image just came from the Legacy XP mod for Brawl, except he may have changed the portraits used.

I don't think Geno would have the yellow under his hat; that's a fan-design choice.
This pic would be easy to debunk even if the creator didn't do it.
Here's Geno:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Let's play a game: Pit 2 characters from Smash against each other in a non Smash competition!

:ultfalcon: vs :ultfox: in an Air+Land race, who wins?

Conditions: They are both in 3rd party vehicles that can do both air and land navigation

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Let's play a game: Pit 2 characters from Smash against each other in a non Smash competition!

Conditions: They are both in 3rd party vehicles that can do both air and land navigation
Probably the Cap,
He can show anyone his moves any day

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Indeed, I was obviously very happy about the results. And relieved, as there were so many close calls. It's meaningless fun, but fun nonetheless. It's a shame about the bots, though--unavoidable in large polls like these. That being said, the person running the poll clarified that they took steps to make sure the final results were accurate so that whoever won won fair and square. Isaac and Lloyd fans, based on the statistics, were the best sportsmen. I feel like the top 3 (Banjo, Isaac, Geno) are perfect for Ultimate, and all have a fair chance of getting in the base (they were all in my updated predictions). Here's hoping they all make it in.

D

Deleted member

I'd probably give it to Fox. Falcon would do well on the ground, but I have a feeling Fox would end up winning in the end if he was allowed to go into the air.

:ultyoshi: VS. :ultkirby:, eating contest.

Conditions: It's the Gourmet Race from Kirby Super Star, and both Kirby and Yoshi are not allowed to use transformations.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It’s an interesting, but like that poll Source Gaming did a while back, it’s assume it’s only just scratching the surface.

Still, Rayman got in the top 10 (albeit 10th place), so I can’t complain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom