• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Not checking the article because I really don't care but are the people who reviewed the games both the same person? People are stupid and often go "These two separate reviewers have different scores on similar games, CLEARLY gaming journalism is dead because I'm too stupid to consider the possibility that 2 different reviewers have different opinions"
Gaming journalism is dead. But not because of that. lol

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was a magic user discussion and no one brought up Merric. And that makes sense, because I wasn't here to bring up Merric.

This post was brought to you by Archanea's finest Wind Mage.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
who's excited for more goddamn fire emblem
906181CF-B2E9-4AFF-84AB-3FECA2D389BC.jpeg

yayyy

There was a magic user discussion and no one brought up Merric. And that makes sense, because I wasn't here to bring up Merric.

This post was brought to you by Archanea's finest Wind Mage.
Hey everyone glanced over my suggestion and you don’t hear me complaining...

Last edited:

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
fire emblem is fine unless its another swordie
i'd like an axie or a lancie fighter

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
do you guys not check the events
Well to be fair you didn't give any context.
Anyway pfft spirits are harmless. Anyone who's salty that FE gets a lot of them probably needs to chill out a little, FE has a massive cast.

I'll admit I did grin a little bit when I saw "(Part 1)" in the title of the event.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I highly doubt another FE rep is happening this pass. Though I will gladly campaign for best grill Tharja. If Krystal's tribal outfit is considered appropriate than Tharja should be fine. :p

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im mostly just amused by us being two events in and there are already two fire emblem based events

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So since I don't have Ultimate yet, what's the context for this spirit event thing?

Loving that my girl Caeda's front and center on the Twitter ad though.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So since I don't have Ultimate yet, what's the context for this spirit event thing?

Just extra gold/Spirit Points (another currency for Spirit-related things), consumable items, and snacks (EXP boosts for Spirits) rewarded for fighting spirits included in the event. Nothing fancy.

Bionichute

Smash Champion

certain spirits will show up more often on the spirit board, based around a theme, and a select four spirits will appear at a certain time each day. they also give better rewards if you win them, like giving extra gold or extra spirit points

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Spirits that are part of the event appear more often in Spirit Board and grant extra rewards once beaten.

So before we had an event where spirits with glasses appeared more often. Now we're getting one where FE spirits appear more often.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If they ever add Ryu Hayabusa, I'm hoping they stick to just his sword and ninja stars. While I do like his other weapons, he should be focused and not have his moves scattered about like crazy. Characters like the Belmont and Mega Man do work though, so maybe it'd work for him too, but I think his sword, hand to hand, and Ninja stars/magic is enough.

Nah. He has like ONE good song in his catalog and even with that you literally have to forget it's him PLUS the fact it was written by Taylor Swift's ginger friend.

**** Ed Sheeran too.
That song sucks because it sounds like a generic pop song 90% of the time, and not like a Christmas song, even the lyrics are generic love song BS.

DMX's Rudolph cover is some real heat though.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I highly doubt another FE rep is happening this pass. Though I will gladly campaign for best grill Tharja. If Krystal's tribal outfit is considered appropriate than Tharja should be fine. :p
It could happen. I mean, Joker from Persona 5 is happening. And he was on Nintendo's list somehow.

Master Chief should happen, too. Because it would destroy minds.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
It could happen. I mean, Joker from Persona 5 is happening. And he was on Nintendo's list somehow.

Master Chief should happen, too. Because it would destroy minds.
Wasn’t there something said about the fighters pass being all third party? Or is there LSD in the air again?

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The last super well-known and beloved NES games that currently don't have a character in Smash are
  1. Dragon Quest
  2. Ninja Gaiden
  3. Contra
I can't really recall anything else that's on the level of those 3 up there. In terms of Nintendo games, maybe Balloon Fight? That's it though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If they ever add Ryu Hayabusa, I'm hoping they stick to just his sword and ninja stars. While I do like his other weapons, he should be focused and not have his moves scattered about like crazy. Characters like the Belmont and Mega Man do work though, so maybe it'd work for him too, but I think his sword, hand to hand, and Ninja stars/magic is enough.
I mean I’m envisioning his moves mainly based off his NES incarnation so I could see stuff like the fireballs as well on top of the sword and ninja stars

i mean it all being third party is likelier to happen than not
The setup for the packs feel tailored to third-party/new series in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom