• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A Simple Guide On How To: Personifying the Seven Deadly Sins
Wrath, Pride, Envy, Sloth and Greed: some dude
Gluttony: fat dude
Lust: hnnng big... bazoon-bazonkers

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's a lot like Undertale (Mother fans, please don't hurt me for making the comparison) in the sense that it either clicks with you or it doesn't.

For me, there's just something special about it. The gameplay itself is nothing amazing, sure, but the characters, the story, and the overall charm and fun vibe the game gives really resonates with me. Not to mention the story's surprisingly deeper (and darker) moments.

I'm probably doing a horrible job of explaining why people love it, but that's how it is for me. It's a series that I feel really attached to thanks to its simplicity and charm that just...makes me love it. I don't really know why it works, it just does.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Something about Undertale's unique, quirky world just sucked me in, I suppose it would be the same for the game that inspired it.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
This thread is moving way too fast.

5 pages in 3 hours? What is this? Box Theory or Grinch Hoax discussion?

NineS

Smash Lord
Seven deadly sins as smash characters... alright, I’ll play you’re game, you Rogue:

Sloth: (well I have never wanted playable snorlax more in my life...) I guess I’m going with Jigglypuff.

Envy: (Ditto! Man, this is so much easier with Pokémon...) I guess Inklings, as a squidlike species that adopted the culture and customs of an ancient different species as well as their looks and mannerisms.

Greed: Wario. It’s the point of every Wario land game.

Wrath: Donkey Kong. There are numerous games where the plot is “This enraged Donkey Kong.”

Gluttony: Kirby, yes he also fits envy with his copy abilities. And Sloth with the fact he starts every game napping. But Kirby is most controlled by appetite.

Lust: Bayonetta. Yeah I’m not just doing it because she’s a character with sex appeal. Zero suit has sex appeal, Bayonetta constantly calls attention to it herself.

Pride: K Rool. Look at him. He is proud with every moment. He is a king. He risks the ire of Donkey Kong to take freaking bananas. Knowing Donkey Kong will destroy just about every kremling he knows with ease.
Jigglypuff isn't much of a sloth. Having an attack called "rest" wouldn't really be something to consider them a lazy sloth over.
I would argue King Dedede is more of a sloth, considering his character.

I wouldn't call Inklings envy. Adopting customs from some other culture as your own isn't an envious trait. Envy is more of being angry at someone because they have something you don't, and longing for it. Because of this, I would put Bowser as envy; it's simple. He's envious of Mario because of Peach. Some might argue jealousy, but the fact is, jealousy is similar to envy however jealousy is more of being upset at the possibility of losing something you currently possess.

Wrath... Fitting enough. He goes ape an awful lot of the time. I feel Ganondorf is a better fit for Wrath, however.

Gluttony is also fitting. I mean, it's Kirby. In terms of villains though, I'd go with Piranha plant, but since this is in general... He's a good fit.

Bayonetta I disagree with. Lust doesn't mean having sex appeal, it's desiring something with sex appeal. She makes others lusty for sure, but she isn't lusty herself. I can't say any of the characters are really lusty... You could say Captain Falcon for self-explanatory reasons, or Robin for the fact they can get with anyone and do it with whoever they pretty much want, and choose who gets to end up with who.

But yeah, K. Rool is definitely pride. He's already had his finest hour, after all.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Also Joker's Classic Mode should be:
  • Lust - Male Wii Fit Trainer
  • Wrath - Bowser Jr.
  • Gluttony - Wario
  • Sloth - Inkling
  • Greed - Wolf
  • Envy - Bayonetta
  • Pride - Robin
  • Boss - Giant R.O.B., and then Galeem
Anyone who's played Persona 5 should get it.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
  • Wrath - Bowser Jr.
  • Gluttony - Wario
  • Sloth - Inkling
  • Greed - Wolf
  • Envy - Bayonetta
  • Pride - Robin, and then Giant Ryu
  • Boss - Galeem
I don't get it but i'm gonna hit like cuz I like liking your posts.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't get it but i'm gonna hit like cuz I like liking your posts.
Thanks man. I appreciate the likes because my fragile male ego requires consistent attention to sustain itself. I mean what?

I'm five spots from the bottom of the list of users with the most likes; watch out at Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei because I'm coming for you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Wrath - Bowser Jr.
  • Gluttony - Wario
  • Sloth - Inkling
  • Greed - Wolf
  • Envy - Bayonetta
  • Pride - Robin
Why does joker get to have the big final boss in his classic mode? Smh share your toys.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
  • Wrath - Bowser Jr.
  • Gluttony - Wario
  • Sloth - Inkling
  • Greed - Wolf
  • Envy - Bayonetta
  • Pride - Robin
You’ll have to omit one case there’s only 6 fights before the boss.

D

Deleted member

Oh good pff I figured I messed up down the line but I see what happenin now
ok so basically once you get far enough in the Dark World you'll have to fight a crotch-chopping Waluigi spirit who only shows up for about 5 min before you fight a boss, otherwise you'll miss the true ending. Just do that and you'll be fine

But, you know what would be even better than a Tetris stage?

A Puyo Puyo Tetris stage! :D
ngl this was actually one of my stage predictions before the game showed off all its stages

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom