• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
So I just saw this when I woke up
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Unless they still need to start licensing and **** this pretty much means all of these choices are out right? Ah well
I'm surprised he's even holding this poll. I thought Kamiya hated the Smash babies and the West in general.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Better teams:
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultjigglypuff:
:ultcorrin::ultmetaknight::ultshulk:
:ultbayonetta::ultzss::ultpichu:
:ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters:
Quite literally any three random fighters that won't remind me that monstrosity.
Oh I know it’s awful, but I still think it’s funny we finally have these three reunited and I get the opportunity to do that.

I need to talk to my editor friend who will have Ultimate soon if we could record and edit together footage to recreate the opening of that cartoon along with several others.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm surprised he's even holding this poll. I thought Kamiya hated the Smash babies and the West in general.
He just hates dumb people. They happen to include Smash fans that keep pestering him and people who try to talk in English with him when he doesn't want to.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, if we could get 4 people for boss fights in WoL, obviously, I'd take the Four Heavenly Kings. :ultmario::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsonic:.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Unless they still need to start licensing and **** this pretty much means all of these choices are out right? Ah well
Damn...that's actually a tough choice.

Think I'd go with Viewtiful Joe though. I was gonna pick Ammy, but we have, like, 4 dogs already.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn...that's actually a tough choice.

Think I'd go with Viewtiful Joe though. I was gonna pick Ammy, but we have, like, 4 dogs already.
Dante for me. He's the one who's games I've played the most out of. Though Wonder Red would be the easiest to get I think. None of them are bad choices.

D

Deleted member

I can see this tweet...

Yet I am still blocked.

stumped scott.png

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
probably deconfirms them, i guess?

or this is some next level mind messing and one of them is in already and this is just to see if they made the right choice for the fans.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't think Kamiya has much say over what happens to Dante, Viewtiful Joe and Ammy these days.

Wouldn't take this to mean much.

Theanimator10

Smash Cadet

or this is some next level mind messing and one of them is in already and this is just to see if they made the right choice for the fans.
Maybe, or maybe he's thinking of a future addition. Such as a season 2 for dlc or maybe for the next smash. Idk, seems interesting for him to come out now with it though. Anyways, I'm new here but I've been following for months. I've been a fan of smash since the 64 in 1999. My main wants "were" Bomberman and Dixie and I've been wanting them since Brawl. Maybe the next smash I suppose. Now my main wants are Geno and Banjo. Unfortunately, I feel as though they are unlikely, but I'm still pulling for them! :)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Listen you fools, Kamiya isn't associated with Dante or Capcom past DMC1.

Now if it was Itsuno, Reuben Langdon, Matt Walker, or hell, anyone else in Capcom then maybe you should start seeing some red flags, but as it is, I can't imagine much will come of it.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
What’s what now? Viewtiful Joe? Yes. But we can’t forget Sexy Sylvia.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
Don't think Kamiya has much say over what happens to Dante, Viewtiful Joe and Ammy these days.

Wouldn't take this to mean much.
Sure, sure. Relevant response.

Also, Gris for Smash. Let’s get it! I’m a dreamer.

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
So Annoying when i'm playing online . when i want to change my character i have to stop the matchmaking go to online again just to change a character... wtf??

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I wouldn't take that this means much, Kamiya doesn't work at Capcom anymore, so he'd only have a say with Wonder Red I think.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Nah, Nero would be legitimately cool. Though I do prefer Dante. I also think Nero's simpler moveset works better for a game like this, unless Dante only stuck to Rebellion or something.
Rebellion alone could work, especially if you incorporate Blademaster and Gunslinger a fair bit. I think incorporating his other weapons would sway detractor's opinions of him though so they don't dismiss him as "just another anime swordsman".

[Hours later...]

Rebellion Combo A -> Rebellion Combo B (Jab) - His standard 3-hit series, which can be modified depending on how long you space each hit

Prop Shredder (Side Tilt) - He spins Rebellion like a buzz-saw. It can lead into short hop aerial combos, or air-juggling with Ebony & Ivory

Cold Shower (Down Tilt) - He staggers an opponent at their feet. Acts as an OTG if opponent fails to tech the ground properly, leading to followups like Prop Shredder

Clay Pigeon (Up Tilt) - Fires shots upwards diagonally with Ebony & Ivory, meant to stagger an opponent in the air to follow up with air combos like Aerial Rave

Stinger -> Million Stab (Dash) - Dante lunges forward covering a huge amount of distance to make up for his slow running speed. He can convert Stinger into Million Stab on shield to make his dash approach safe. The conversion also works if Stinger catches the opponent, nache

Crossed Swords (Side Smash) - Dante uses Agni & Rudra to perform a cross slash in front of them

Million Carats (Down Smash) - Dante uses Cerberus to cast a wall of crystals around him from below the ground

Jam Session (Up Smash) - Dante strums Nevan and electrocutes his opponent with a pillar of purple lightning

Draw -> Straight (Neutral B) - Dante uses Gilgamesh to blitz back a bit. You can input the command again to lunge forward for a quick punch

PF422: Grief (Side B) - Dante transforms Pandora into a boomerang spinning three-bladed razor which circles in place before returning. It behaves like a fusion between the Links' boomerangs and the Belmonts' crosses

Pin-Up -> Ecstasy (Down B) - Dante uses Lucifer to fire five small demonic swords that remain in place. They can be grabbed out of the air and thrown at opponents. If Dante uses this move while Lucifer's blades are still present, he can trigger an explosion with Ecstasy (for context, he throws a rose which can cause the swords to ignite)

High Time -> Aerial Rave (Up B) - A subversion of Climhazzard. Dante's version of the move has him slash four times at the peak of his recovery

Gun Attack (Neutral Air) - Dante uses his shotgun which fires at a 45 degree arc downward. Its sweet spot is directly in front of the gun, dealing the most knock-back similar to Mega Man's Neutral Air

Sky Dance (Forward Air) - Dante pulls out Agni & Rudra again to dice his opponent. It can be cancelled out of the first two hits, but can be tapped in mid-air to continuously slash at the opponent

Splash (Back Air) - Dante summons Lucifer's blades again, only this time, they don't remain when they're summoned. They cause an explosion instead

Helm Breaker (Down Air) - Dante drops down with his sword, similar to Cloud's Climhazzard and Ike's Aether on its path down

Alastor (Up Air) - Dante slashes upward in an arc with the namesake sword, causing an electric effect when striking

Grab - Dante gut-punches the opponent repeatedly when mashing A

Forward Slash (Forward Throw) - Dante slices the opponent in a crescent arc

Back Slash (Back Throw) - Dante trips up the opponent around him and does a backhanded horizontal slice

Wild Stomp (Down Throw) - Dante beats down his opponent and fires at them while they sit helplessly beneath his feet

Acid Rain (Up Throw) - Dante fires a deadly shower of laser needles that rain back down

Jackpot!! (Final Smash) - Dante catches his opponent in a Vortex with his Devil Trigger. When caught, Vergil shows up to slash the opponent with Dante, only to finish it off with Ebony & Ivory (as referenced in the end of Arkham's fight and Project X Zone 2).

And of course, his main gameplay gimmick is the Stylish combo system. His introduction would open the floodgates for taunting online again, as his taunts would serve a practical purpose to his move set.

I think it soft-deconfirms them, but it tells me that Kamiya might try to convince Sakurai to do a Wave 2 of characters in response to the reception that Dante's getting. He's expressed interest in wanting Dante and Bayonetta to cross paths, so Smash might just be the crossover to do it.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Almost done collecting all of the Spirits.

I can also view how much time I've sunk into the game since it released now.
You could do that by looking at your records/stats in the vault.
I finally got my hands on a spirit with Staff Equipped and used it to cheese Pauline. So now I've finally 100%ed WoL.
I ended up completing it because Peach SD'd.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Dammit, don't let me even dare to hope for Viewtiful Joe! I'd love that!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It hasn't even been a month and I haven't felt the "push" to play Smash Ultimate as I did with Okami HD, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or even Enter The Gungeon.
I love the game, don't get me wrong, maybe it's just the fact that I'm re-experiencing all Smash history coming into one and not having any "new" experiences.
Dis someone say OKAMI HD :250:

D

Deleted member

Okay, but seriously. Just like Zinith has a large reason to like Yoshi, what's your reason for liking Littlest Pet Shop so much? Is there a tragic backstory associated with it? Does it remind you of a long lost flame or potent childhood memory? What is it about Littlest Pet Shop specifically?
I find I can relate to the different characters on the show in different ways. That makes it pretty special for me. :3

D

Deleted member

So Annoying when i'm playing online . when i want to change my character i have to stop the matchmaking go to online again just to change a character... wtf??
Did you just mildly criticize something about a Nintendo game?

Hey, fellow Nintendrones! It's time to riot because someone here is thinking for themselves! It must be stopped!

D

Deleted member

Better teams:
:ultridley::ultkrool::ultjigglypuff:
:ultcorrin::ultmetaknight::ultshulk:
:ultbayonetta::ultzss::ultpichu:
:ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters:
Quite literally any three random fighters that won't remind me that monstrosity.
Hey, I liked what I managed to find of Captain N! It was Smash before Smash, if you think about it. It was the first time we saw all of these different game characters in the same place, and that made it really special.

D

Deleted member

The ****** actually considered Alucard, he came so close
Alucard gonna be the next Chrom, screenshot this, he's gonna join the fight in Smash 6

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey, I liked what I managed to find of Captain N! It was Smash before Smash, if you think about it. It was the first time we saw all of these different game characters in the same place, and that made it really special.
I can't deny that, those character designs were quite, um... special.

And probably partial reason of why Nintendo rarely does animations of their IPs nowadays.

The ****** actually considered Alucard, he came so close
Alucard gonna be the next Chrom, screenshot this, he's gonna join the fight in Smash 6
He'll be my favorite Ike clone.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Did you just mildly criticize something about a Nintendo game?

Hey, fellow Nintendrones! It's time to riot because someone here is thinking for themselves! It must be stopped!
so is anyone here actually reacting in this way to his valid complaint or were you just looking to kick up a ****storm

D

Deleted member

Anyone know where the Drake Redcrest Spirit is? Been looking everywhere in WoL

D

Deleted member

I can't deny that, those character designs were quite, um... special.

And probably partial reason of why Nintendo rarely does animations of their IPs nowadays.
I guess that's a good point. :ohwell:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom